• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:46
CEST 07:46
KST 14:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5693 users

Experiment Mafia II - Page 22

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 All
Karshe
Profile Joined November 2010
United States212 Posts
May 04 2011 04:42 GMT
#421
I was Protoss a.k.a. the noob.

Wanted to thank Orange/GM for helping me learn and not making me feel stupid while doing it. Not to say other people didn't help as well, but GM never went out of his way to make me feel dumb. =P Definitely made a lot of rookie mistakes, but learned a lot, too!

Had fun, thanks again.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
May 04 2011 04:50 GMT
#422
On May 04 2011 13:42 Karshe wrote:
I was Protoss a.k.a. the noob.

Wanted to thank Orange/GM for helping me learn and not making me feel stupid while doing it. Not to say other people didn't help as well, but GM never went out of his way to make me feel dumb. =P Definitely made a lot of rookie mistakes, but learned a lot, too!

Had fun, thanks again.


You played a nice first game, I'm glad you had fun, this was a rough game to be a rookie . ^_^

I'm pretty sure you saved my life night one, so I owe you a medic protect .

Anyway I look forward to seeing you next game.
Moderator
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
May 04 2011 05:19 GMT
#423
That would be a correct guess gmarshal. You may all reveal roles/aka's if you want. I won't however make that mandatory and aliases won't be revealed by me personally. The setup was 3 medics 2 roleblockers rest town. I only added 1 roleblockers from last game. There were no traitors or any of the other listed roles.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
May 04 2011 05:37 GMT
#424
On May 04 2011 14:19 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
That would be a correct guess gmarshal. You may all reveal roles/aka's if you want. I won't however make that mandatory and aliases won't be revealed by me personally. The setup was 3 medics 2 roleblockers rest town. I only added 1 roleblockers from last game. There were no traitors or any of the other listed roles.



3 medics 2 RB's is very hard to mafia to win. I play a lot on epicmafia.com and i would say that mafia will win that only like < 20% of the time. The no reveal helped mafia a little, but still not too much.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
Barundar
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark1582 Posts
May 04 2011 06:14 GMT
#425
On May 04 2011 14:37 darmousseh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2011 14:19 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
That would be a correct guess gmarshal. You may all reveal roles/aka's if you want. I won't however make that mandatory and aliases won't be revealed by me personally. The setup was 3 medics 2 roleblockers rest town. I only added 1 roleblockers from last game. There were no traitors or any of the other listed roles.



3 medics 2 RB's is very hard to mafia to win. I play a lot on epicmafia.com and i would say that mafia will win that only like < 20% of the time. The no reveal helped mafia a little, but still not too much.

Mafia won the first exp mafia. It was maybe a mistake to use the same setup though, considering mass claim.
Bartundar
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
May 04 2011 06:43 GMT
#426
It was an error for me to allow people to talk about the set up after last game. I should of banned that, was really dumb. The set up wasn't actually the same. Last game had only 1 role blocker, meaning the mafia was at an even greater disadvantage. Although I will say that this wasn't entirely designed for balance. It was designed to meet certain criteria conducive to the experiment, which I feel it did if I had more activity. Unfortunately luck wasn't on my side, but hopefully I still have enough information for my papers.

Thanks for all the participation.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
May 04 2011 09:50 GMT
#427
On May 04 2011 13:42 Coagulation wrote:
why the hell did u guys lynch me day1.
do you really think mafia is gonna pop in and say "look at me im lurking"
/golfclap

Was good enough reason for purple to vote for you. /deskpalm.
Purple 2 here.
GG guys. What was greens role?
Life can only kill you once.
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-04 09:55:59
May 04 2011 09:51 GMT
#428
2 mafia RBs Jackal - what do you think his role was? :p
Or was green actually not scum lol
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
May 04 2011 10:21 GMT
#429
Hey, I was blue. I am pretty new myself and wanted to use this experiment to try out a new strategy. I am sorry for being kind of a jerk, but this was kind of my theme this game. Also I pretty much knew orange was GM, and I expected him to being good at scum so that's the reason for my tunnel. I'm getting pretty used to being wrong though, so great job town for seeing things more clear than I did.
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
May 04 2011 10:25 GMT
#430
GM, did you really think I was scum?
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
May 04 2011 10:51 GMT
#431
GM kind of randomly assuming pink2 was scum to the point of making that gambit, made it impossible for me to see anything else he did as constructive behaviour. Also, since I was pretty sure orange was gm there was some meta going on behind the scenes that threw me off completely.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
May 04 2011 12:52 GMT
#432
On May 04 2011 18:51 iGrok wrote:
2 mafia RBs Jackal - what do you think his role was? :p
Or was green actually not scum lol

Red and Zerg were scum. Green was something that was most likely just a vanilla townie. An insane vanilla townie but townie all the same.
Life can only kill you once.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-04 13:11:39
May 04 2011 13:08 GMT
#433
On May 04 2011 19:25 iGrok wrote:
GM, did you really think I was scum?


I had about a 60% scum read on you night 1, and just decided to tunnel to see what the reactions would be, I figured it being a smurf game I could try something outside of my usual play and get away with it, by the time day 3 rolled around I was sure you weren't mafia, but decided to keep at it, to see who would try to abuse that tunneling (see zerg 'deciding' you were mafia, it was because he thought I would push for your lynch since I "knew" you were scum)

All in all it was a learning experience, I think I may try it out more in my regular play

On May 04 2011 19:51 sandroba wrote:
GM kind of randomly assuming pink2 was scum to the point of making that gambit, made it impossible for me to see anything else he did as constructive behaviour. Also, since I was pretty sure orange was gm there was some meta going on behind the scenes that threw me off completely.


bad sand, no making assumptions about meta in a smurf game! thats half the fun of smurfing getting to try out things you wouldn't usually do ^_^

On being a jerk, you weren't really, it was just measured aggression as far as I was concerned, except for the whole "if I'm wrong I'm done" thing, that wasn't cool, but at least now you know for next time.
Moderator
Zerg1
Profile Joined April 2011
27 Posts
May 04 2011 15:52 GMT
#434
On May 04 2011 21:52 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2011 18:51 iGrok wrote:
2 mafia RBs Jackal - what do you think his role was? :p
Or was green actually not scum lol

Red and Zerg were scum. Green was something that was most likely just a vanilla townie. An insane vanilla townie but townie all the same.



green2 was scum.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
May 04 2011 15:57 GMT
#435
On May 05 2011 00:52 Zerg1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2011 21:52 Jackal58 wrote:
On May 04 2011 18:51 iGrok wrote:
2 mafia RBs Jackal - what do you think his role was? :p
Or was green actually not scum lol

Red and Zerg were scum. Green was something that was most likely just a vanilla townie. An insane vanilla townie but townie all the same.



green2 was scum.

I misread Coagulations post.
Life can only kill you once.
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
May 04 2011 17:29 GMT
#436
I was terran1. Rol had me replace in. I was inactive. Annnd I had a perfect voting record! Woot Woot!
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
yellow1
Profile Joined April 2011
26 Posts
May 04 2011 21:29 GMT
#437
guah

Not a great game from me. If i had known red was Coag I wouldn't have pushed for his lynch, though, rofl.
Prev 1 20 21 22 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 119
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2234
GuemChi 637
Snow 170
Leta 130
Bale 30
Noble 18
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Icarus 8
Dota 2
febbydoto12
League of Legends
JimRising 629
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King140
Other Games
summit1g7116
WinterStarcraft353
C9.Mang0259
Sick153
ViBE81
Trikslyr36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick492
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2177
League of Legends
• Lourlo1390
• Stunt488
Other Games
• Shiphtur543
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 14m
Patches Events
10h 14m
The PondCast
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.