• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:38
CEST 03:38
KST 10:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9645 users

Mini Mafia V: Clues and Puzzles - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 28 29 30 Next All
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
January 29 2011 11:14 GMT
#81
For clarity
I don't have enough time to edit it into the post, but

"Not just that." The Inspector replied, “It wasn't revealed to the newspapers, but we never saw our negotiators. The demands of the pirates were written in blood and attached to arrows.”
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
January 29 2011 12:59 GMT
#82
Hi everyone.

First of all, the Raiden reference. I don't see how it connects to the body disappearances. If you mean the ability to teleport, Raiden has the ability to teleport himself, not other things (at least in the games and movies, but I guess it can be interpreted).

Second of all, I got Kenpachi covered, I watched bleach and I liked the character. A few main traits are:
- loves battle, lives for it, but is fair, would not kill people with arrows or a wall
- uses his sword and that's about it
- is really fast and really really powerful, especially when he removes his eye-patch
- has a skewed view on honor, I can't really explain this, but basically he'll follow "honor" rules, but doesn't respect many things in general.
Also, if he would be killing something, there would be A LOT of blood around.

I did a quick look at the profiles and Gaara seems to be the strongest clue (with the crushing and sand and all), but I didn't have time to carefully analyze all of them yet.

Will be back in the evening for more hunting.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Node
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2159 Posts
January 29 2011 17:03 GMT
#83
While I agree that "disappeared in a giant burst of gravel" would seem to point towards Gaara, I don't think the story as a whole fits him that much. I don't know too much about the character, I'm just going by the Wikipedia article. Is there any plot in Naruto that mirrors the events in the day post at all?

On January 26 2011 08:50 LSB wrote:
Each day post will be about one mafia. It won't be obvious, but it will be pretty specific once you figure out what is happening.

One idea I have for a day post is a Sherlock Holmes story.
A typical Sherlock Holmes story gives you enough info that you figure out everything that is happening, and then Holmes explains what happens. What if I gave you a Sherlock Holmes story, but killed off Sherlock before he could explain what happened? There's all the information, and its up to you to figure out what happened.

EDIT: The clues will be much more specific than XXXVI. Once you figure it out what the day post is about, it will point to one person, but the problem is figuring it out.


This all seems to state that the story as a whole will point to a specific person, rather than there being a small reference slipped in somewhere. This makes me think that Carlos the Jackal is the best fit so far. I mean, it's a string of hostage situations caused by a terrorist organization. Does that sound like anybody else?
whole lies with a half smile
shannn
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2891 Posts
January 29 2011 17:41 GMT
#84
Upon reading the rest of the comments I have to agree with Mr. Wiggles and Node. Especially Wiggles's explaination points towards Carlos the Jackal. Similar events and himself being a terrorist as well.

That last part of LSB about gravel does make it sound like it's Gaara but the rest of the story doesn't fit him as it seems it's all about 1 person and the story fits others moreso than him.

But let's not exlude the writer as well. Has that writer any stories which is similar to the situations LSB has written?

For now it seems it's either Carlos the Jackal or the writer.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=6321864 Epic post.
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
January 29 2011 18:35 GMT
#85
On January 30 2011 02:03 Node wrote:
While I agree that "disappeared in a giant burst of gravel" would seem to point towards Gaara, I don't think the story as a whole fits him that much. I don't know too much about the character, I'm just going by the Wikipedia article. Is there any plot in Naruto that mirrors the events in the day post at all?

Show nested quote +
On January 26 2011 08:50 LSB wrote:
Each day post will be about one mafia. It won't be obvious, but it will be pretty specific once you figure out what is happening.

One idea I have for a day post is a Sherlock Holmes story.
A typical Sherlock Holmes story gives you enough info that you figure out everything that is happening, and then Holmes explains what happens. What if I gave you a Sherlock Holmes story, but killed off Sherlock before he could explain what happened? There's all the information, and its up to you to figure out what happened.

EDIT: The clues will be much more specific than XXXVI. Once you figure it out what the day post is about, it will point to one person, but the problem is figuring it out.


This all seems to state that the story as a whole will point to a specific person, rather than there being a small reference slipped in somewhere. This makes me think that Carlos the Jackal is the best fit so far. I mean, it's a string of hostage situations caused by a terrorist organization. Does that sound like anybody else?


Obviously I'll be a little biased since my character is gaara, but

Gaara used sand and in all cases he always left behind traces of sand and thats it, he never any traces of blood. There was a character in naruto who was like gaara but used rocks, but he didn't have a big role and wasn't related to gaara at all.

If the clues are anything like XXXVI, then usually the entire post is reference to the person and there are 5-6 clues which point directly to that person which fit the entire post, not a small portion.

Carlos the jackal seems like a very good match so far. Yesterday was the wife's birthday, so today I will have time to read the thread and I'll try to find hints.



Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
January 29 2011 18:37 GMT
#86
On January 30 2011 03:35 darmousseh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2011 02:03 Node wrote:
While I agree that "disappeared in a giant burst of gravel" would seem to point towards Gaara, I don't think the story as a whole fits him that much. I don't know too much about the character, I'm just going by the Wikipedia article. Is there any plot in Naruto that mirrors the events in the day post at all?

On January 26 2011 08:50 LSB wrote:
Each day post will be about one mafia. It won't be obvious, but it will be pretty specific once you figure out what is happening.

One idea I have for a day post is a Sherlock Holmes story.
A typical Sherlock Holmes story gives you enough info that you figure out everything that is happening, and then Holmes explains what happens. What if I gave you a Sherlock Holmes story, but killed off Sherlock before he could explain what happened? There's all the information, and its up to you to figure out what happened.

EDIT: The clues will be much more specific than XXXVI. Once you figure it out what the day post is about, it will point to one person, but the problem is figuring it out.


This all seems to state that the story as a whole will point to a specific person, rather than there being a small reference slipped in somewhere. This makes me think that Carlos the Jackal is the best fit so far. I mean, it's a string of hostage situations caused by a terrorist organization. Does that sound like anybody else?


Obviously I'll be a little biased since my character is gaara, but

Gaara used sand and in all cases he always left behind traces of sand and thats it, he never any traces of blood. There was a character in naruto who was like gaara but used rocks, but he didn't have a big role and wasn't related to gaara at all.

If the clues are anything like XXXVI, then usually the entire post is reference to the person and there are 5-6 clues which point directly to that person which fit the entire post, not a small portion.

Carlos the jackal seems like a very good match so far. Yesterday was the wife's birthday, so today I will have time to read the thread and I'll try to find hints.






I just noticed that on some versions they block out the blood and on other versions its a bloody mess. Difference between the manga and the english anime i guess.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
January 29 2011 19:05 GMT
#87
There are so few characters to analyze, and the only contribution I can offer so far is this.


Carlos advocates radical Islamism in his book Revolutionary Islam, which expresses support for the terrorist attacks of Osama bin Laden as well as Saddam Hussein for resisting the United States.


Radical islamism typically includes suicide bombing. This points to the part


The Inspector replied, “No, the pirates killed everyone. And the pirates themselves? They would rather kill themselves than be captured”



The pirates are irrational. Most pirates would rather be capture and have a chance to escape. The fact that they'd rather die indicates they are probably radical in some way.


Another thing to note is that terrorism and being a pirate are very close to the same thing and in fact an 18th century british police force might see this as an act of piracy instead of terrorism. If you switch the word pirate to terrorist while reading the story I think it becomes even more pointed towards carlos the jackal.



Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
January 29 2011 19:34 GMT
#88
##Vote Node

Let's hear some of your own opinions instead of being so unsure about everything you're saying.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
January 29 2011 20:03 GMT
#89
Yep. I see points of the story in my wiki link. But I also can see points of the story in everybody's wiki link. Except Pandains. Haven't been able to make any connections to pandas.
Life can only kill you once.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 29 2011 21:07 GMT
#90
A panda would likely leave a lot of blood behind in the case of an attack as an animal isn't particularly precise or careful when it attacks something. A bear could also eat the remains, explaining why bodies were gone. Just a thought.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 29 2011 21:10 GMT
#91
On January 30 2011 03:35 darmousseh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2011 02:03 Node wrote:
While I agree that "disappeared in a giant burst of gravel" would seem to point towards Gaara, I don't think the story as a whole fits him that much. I don't know too much about the character, I'm just going by the Wikipedia article. Is there any plot in Naruto that mirrors the events in the day post at all?

On January 26 2011 08:50 LSB wrote:
Each day post will be about one mafia. It won't be obvious, but it will be pretty specific once you figure out what is happening.

One idea I have for a day post is a Sherlock Holmes story.
A typical Sherlock Holmes story gives you enough info that you figure out everything that is happening, and then Holmes explains what happens. What if I gave you a Sherlock Holmes story, but killed off Sherlock before he could explain what happened? There's all the information, and its up to you to figure out what happened.

EDIT: The clues will be much more specific than XXXVI. Once you figure it out what the day post is about, it will point to one person, but the problem is figuring it out.


This all seems to state that the story as a whole will point to a specific person, rather than there being a small reference slipped in somewhere. This makes me think that Carlos the Jackal is the best fit so far. I mean, it's a string of hostage situations caused by a terrorist organization. Does that sound like anybody else?


Obviously I'll be a little biased since my character is gaara, but

Gaara used sand and in all cases he always left behind traces of sand and thats it, he never any traces of blood. There was a character in naruto who was like gaara but used rocks, but he didn't have a big role and wasn't related to gaara at all.

If the clues are anything like XXXVI, then usually the entire post is reference to the person and there are 5-6 clues which point directly to that person which fit the entire post, not a small portion.

Carlos the jackal seems like a very good match so far. Yesterday was the wife's birthday, so today I will have time to read the thread and I'll try to find hints.





This is a dumb defense. If LSB had never watched/seen Naruto he'd have nearly no way of knowing all of that. And you can just as easily say with any one that "sure the story fits my character in X way but not in Y way" because there are very rarely perfect clue situations. If Node got the impression that gravel was a fair connection to Gaara then that could very well be what LSB was thinking when he wrote the clue. I'm not saying it's you but this doesn't actually rebutt anything Node was saying. The fact that you were that defensive when he didn't accuse you (and actually said the story doesn't really fit you overall) makes me more wary than anything.
RIP Aaliyah
shannn
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2891 Posts
January 29 2011 21:46 GMT
#92
On January 30 2011 06:10 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2011 03:35 darmousseh wrote:
On January 30 2011 02:03 Node wrote:
While I agree that "disappeared in a giant burst of gravel" would seem to point towards Gaara, I don't think the story as a whole fits him that much. I don't know too much about the character, I'm just going by the Wikipedia article. Is there any plot in Naruto that mirrors the events in the day post at all?

On January 26 2011 08:50 LSB wrote:
Each day post will be about one mafia. It won't be obvious, but it will be pretty specific once you figure out what is happening.

One idea I have for a day post is a Sherlock Holmes story.
A typical Sherlock Holmes story gives you enough info that you figure out everything that is happening, and then Holmes explains what happens. What if I gave you a Sherlock Holmes story, but killed off Sherlock before he could explain what happened? There's all the information, and its up to you to figure out what happened.

EDIT: The clues will be much more specific than XXXVI. Once you figure it out what the day post is about, it will point to one person, but the problem is figuring it out.


This all seems to state that the story as a whole will point to a specific person, rather than there being a small reference slipped in somewhere. This makes me think that Carlos the Jackal is the best fit so far. I mean, it's a string of hostage situations caused by a terrorist organization. Does that sound like anybody else?


Obviously I'll be a little biased since my character is gaara, but

Gaara used sand and in all cases he always left behind traces of sand and thats it, he never any traces of blood. There was a character in naruto who was like gaara but used rocks, but he didn't have a big role and wasn't related to gaara at all.

If the clues are anything like XXXVI, then usually the entire post is reference to the person and there are 5-6 clues which point directly to that person which fit the entire post, not a small portion.

Carlos the jackal seems like a very good match so far. Yesterday was the wife's birthday, so today I will have time to read the thread and I'll try to find hints.





This is a dumb defense. If LSB had never watched/seen Naruto he'd have nearly no way of knowing all of that. And you can just as easily say with any one that "sure the story fits my character in X way but not in Y way" because there are very rarely perfect clue situations. If Node got the impression that gravel was a fair connection to Gaara then that could very well be what LSB was thinking when he wrote the clue. I'm not saying it's you but this doesn't actually rebutt anything Node was saying. The fact that you were that defensive when he didn't accuse you (and actually said the story doesn't really fit you overall) makes me more wary than anything.

But on the other hand. LSB could've just read the wiki's. There's a reason why there are links of everyone as that is enough to come up with clues about the suspects and Gaara isn't the biggest suspect in my view (biggest is Carlos due to all his characteristics of a terrorist). So far I can only think between Gaara or Carlos whereas leaning more towards Carlos. Neither of them have all clues matching with their characters which makes it hard (whether it's LSB's attention or not) to figure out precisely how LSB thinks and what he means with some clues.

I read the link of Gulliver's travels but I have not really seen any indication or similarity in the wiki about the clues that have been given. I didn't read anything about murdering people or bodies disappearing. The only link you could think of is about the 18th century and that it's from the same time as Jonathan Swift. But the place and time shouldn't really be relevant about the suspect as LSB mentioned in his post. So for me Jonathan Swift isn't a suspect for today.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=6321864 Epic post.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
January 29 2011 22:14 GMT
#93
On January 30 2011 06:46 shannn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2011 06:10 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 30 2011 03:35 darmousseh wrote:
On January 30 2011 02:03 Node wrote:
While I agree that "disappeared in a giant burst of gravel" would seem to point towards Gaara, I don't think the story as a whole fits him that much. I don't know too much about the character, I'm just going by the Wikipedia article. Is there any plot in Naruto that mirrors the events in the day post at all?

On January 26 2011 08:50 LSB wrote:
Each day post will be about one mafia. It won't be obvious, but it will be pretty specific once you figure out what is happening.

One idea I have for a day post is a Sherlock Holmes story.
A typical Sherlock Holmes story gives you enough info that you figure out everything that is happening, and then Holmes explains what happens. What if I gave you a Sherlock Holmes story, but killed off Sherlock before he could explain what happened? There's all the information, and its up to you to figure out what happened.

EDIT: The clues will be much more specific than XXXVI. Once you figure it out what the day post is about, it will point to one person, but the problem is figuring it out.


This all seems to state that the story as a whole will point to a specific person, rather than there being a small reference slipped in somewhere. This makes me think that Carlos the Jackal is the best fit so far. I mean, it's a string of hostage situations caused by a terrorist organization. Does that sound like anybody else?


Obviously I'll be a little biased since my character is gaara, but

Gaara used sand and in all cases he always left behind traces of sand and thats it, he never any traces of blood. There was a character in naruto who was like gaara but used rocks, but he didn't have a big role and wasn't related to gaara at all.

If the clues are anything like XXXVI, then usually the entire post is reference to the person and there are 5-6 clues which point directly to that person which fit the entire post, not a small portion.

Carlos the jackal seems like a very good match so far. Yesterday was the wife's birthday, so today I will have time to read the thread and I'll try to find hints.





This is a dumb defense. If LSB had never watched/seen Naruto he'd have nearly no way of knowing all of that. And you can just as easily say with any one that "sure the story fits my character in X way but not in Y way" because there are very rarely perfect clue situations. If Node got the impression that gravel was a fair connection to Gaara then that could very well be what LSB was thinking when he wrote the clue. I'm not saying it's you but this doesn't actually rebutt anything Node was saying. The fact that you were that defensive when he didn't accuse you (and actually said the story doesn't really fit you overall) makes me more wary than anything.

But on the other hand. LSB could've just read the wiki's. There's a reason why there are links of everyone as that is enough to come up with clues about the suspects and Gaara isn't the biggest suspect in my view (biggest is Carlos due to all his characteristics of a terrorist). So far I can only think between Gaara or Carlos whereas leaning more towards Carlos. Neither of them have all clues matching with their characters which makes it hard (whether it's LSB's attention or not) to figure out precisely how LSB thinks and what he means with some clues.

I read the link of Gulliver's travels but I have not really seen any indication or similarity in the wiki about the clues that have been given. I didn't read anything about murdering people or bodies disappearing. The only link you could think of is about the 18th century and that it's from the same time as Jonathan Swift. But the place and time shouldn't really be relevant about the suspect as LSB mentioned in his post. So for me Jonathan Swift isn't a suspect for today.

To be fair to LSB and Gmarshall his wiki page is Jonathan Swift not Gulliver's Travels. Gulliver would open a whole new can of worms but Swift not necessarily so. I don't know how far afield from each persons page LSB may have drawn clues from but I don't see much on Swift.
Life can only kill you once.
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
January 29 2011 22:22 GMT
#94
On January 30 2011 07:14 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2011 06:46 shannn wrote:
On January 30 2011 06:10 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 30 2011 03:35 darmousseh wrote:
On January 30 2011 02:03 Node wrote:
While I agree that "disappeared in a giant burst of gravel" would seem to point towards Gaara, I don't think the story as a whole fits him that much. I don't know too much about the character, I'm just going by the Wikipedia article. Is there any plot in Naruto that mirrors the events in the day post at all?

On January 26 2011 08:50 LSB wrote:
Each day post will be about one mafia. It won't be obvious, but it will be pretty specific once you figure out what is happening.

One idea I have for a day post is a Sherlock Holmes story.
A typical Sherlock Holmes story gives you enough info that you figure out everything that is happening, and then Holmes explains what happens. What if I gave you a Sherlock Holmes story, but killed off Sherlock before he could explain what happened? There's all the information, and its up to you to figure out what happened.

EDIT: The clues will be much more specific than XXXVI. Once you figure it out what the day post is about, it will point to one person, but the problem is figuring it out.


This all seems to state that the story as a whole will point to a specific person, rather than there being a small reference slipped in somewhere. This makes me think that Carlos the Jackal is the best fit so far. I mean, it's a string of hostage situations caused by a terrorist organization. Does that sound like anybody else?


Obviously I'll be a little biased since my character is gaara, but

Gaara used sand and in all cases he always left behind traces of sand and thats it, he never any traces of blood. There was a character in naruto who was like gaara but used rocks, but he didn't have a big role and wasn't related to gaara at all.

If the clues are anything like XXXVI, then usually the entire post is reference to the person and there are 5-6 clues which point directly to that person which fit the entire post, not a small portion.

Carlos the jackal seems like a very good match so far. Yesterday was the wife's birthday, so today I will have time to read the thread and I'll try to find hints.





This is a dumb defense. If LSB had never watched/seen Naruto he'd have nearly no way of knowing all of that. And you can just as easily say with any one that "sure the story fits my character in X way but not in Y way" because there are very rarely perfect clue situations. If Node got the impression that gravel was a fair connection to Gaara then that could very well be what LSB was thinking when he wrote the clue. I'm not saying it's you but this doesn't actually rebutt anything Node was saying. The fact that you were that defensive when he didn't accuse you (and actually said the story doesn't really fit you overall) makes me more wary than anything.

But on the other hand. LSB could've just read the wiki's. There's a reason why there are links of everyone as that is enough to come up with clues about the suspects and Gaara isn't the biggest suspect in my view (biggest is Carlos due to all his characteristics of a terrorist). So far I can only think between Gaara or Carlos whereas leaning more towards Carlos. Neither of them have all clues matching with their characters which makes it hard (whether it's LSB's attention or not) to figure out precisely how LSB thinks and what he means with some clues.

I read the link of Gulliver's travels but I have not really seen any indication or similarity in the wiki about the clues that have been given. I didn't read anything about murdering people or bodies disappearing. The only link you could think of is about the 18th century and that it's from the same time as Jonathan Swift. But the place and time shouldn't really be relevant about the suspect as LSB mentioned in his post. So for me Jonathan Swift isn't a suspect for today.

To be fair to LSB and Gmarshall his wiki page is Jonathan Swift not Gulliver's Travels. Gulliver would open a whole new can of worms but Swift not necessarily so. I don't know how far afield from each persons page LSB may have drawn clues from but I don't see much on Swift.



I would guess that if there was a major story that the author is known for or event that a character was a part of that it could relate to the character. I was actually looking through the different works your character wrote, but didn't come up with anything significant other than the radical islam part.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
January 29 2011 22:24 GMT
#95
On January 30 2011 06:07 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
A panda would likely leave a lot of blood behind in the case of an attack as an animal isn't particularly precise or careful when it attacks something. A bear could also eat the remains, explaining why bodies were gone. Just a thought.


Pandas don't eat humans? And they eat bamboo for 99% of diet?

Anyway, will be contributing with my thoughts shortly.
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
January 29 2011 22:28 GMT
#96
On January 30 2011 07:24 Pandain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2011 06:07 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
A panda would likely leave a lot of blood behind in the case of an attack as an animal isn't particularly precise or careful when it attacks something. A bear could also eat the remains, explaining why bodies were gone. Just a thought.


Pandas don't eat humans? And they eat bamboo for 99% of diet?

Anyway, will be contributing with my thoughts shortly.



I asked my wife and she said that they will occasionally attack humans but it is a very rare occurence. Even though their diet is mostly bamboo they will eat meat.

However, pandas probably wouldn't eat the whole body and would leave a very mangled body left over.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 29 2011 22:30 GMT
#97
On January 30 2011 07:24 Pandain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2011 06:07 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
A panda would likely leave a lot of blood behind in the case of an attack as an animal isn't particularly precise or careful when it attacks something. A bear could also eat the remains, explaining why bodies were gone. Just a thought.


Pandas don't eat humans? And they eat bamboo for 99% of diet?

Anyway, will be contributing with my thoughts shortly.

Yes I know they don't eat humans. But if I were a mod and writing a clue for a panda bear I'd probably just go the "frenzied animal maiming" route. Referring to bamboo is too obvious.

I said that because earlier someone implied the clues made you exempt. Let me make it clear I'm not accusing you of being the attacker. I'm merely stating it isn't an impossibility and it would be close minded to clear you.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 29 2011 22:31 GMT
#98
On January 30 2011 07:28 darmousseh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2011 07:24 Pandain wrote:
On January 30 2011 06:07 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
A panda would likely leave a lot of blood behind in the case of an attack as an animal isn't particularly precise or careful when it attacks something. A bear could also eat the remains, explaining why bodies were gone. Just a thought.


Pandas don't eat humans? And they eat bamboo for 99% of diet?

Anyway, will be contributing with my thoughts shortly.



I asked my wife and she said that they will occasionally attack humans but it is a very rare occurence. Even though their diet is mostly bamboo they will eat meat.

However, pandas probably wouldn't eat the whole body and would leave a very mangled body left over.

the second point is irrelevant as clues in mafia games will not function based perfectly on logical reality. that isn't the kind of thing i want to see as a defense.

one thing i hate about clue games is there is no possible way to defend yourself from them aside from the chainsaw defense which is inherently scummy.
RIP Aaliyah
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
January 29 2011 23:24 GMT
#99
Okay let's get this started. First off I like Wiggles clue analysis, I think it really is the best option that we have as far as pinning people from clues go. The link to gaara is pretty vaugue, and while possible, there are more connections to Jackal than Gaara.

Furthormore, on an analysis view point, Jackal sticks out to me very heavily. While he's been posting alot, he hasn't contributed anything besides a very weak clue analysis that really I don't even see how that fits to the missing bodies. Obviously there is a slight connection(flight +teleportion), but its very weak.

Furthormore, he's often just brought up stuff, but not sure at all. I'm not sure how to phrase this, but its like he's just offering it up and then not actually "saying anything." I hope you know what I mean.
On January 29 2011 13:57 Jackal58 wrote:
Jonathan Swift? Gulliver's Travels? 18th century British Naval references?
Anybody up on their Lilliputians?

I'm going to bed. My head hurts.

On January 29 2011 13:22 Jackal58 wrote:
Pandas eat bamboo. If Q was pissed at pandas he'd just make them all disappear.
I'm not seeing anything but the wall/gravel connection yet. And that's not all that strong.



This isn't a "your sure mafia", rather a FoS. Jackal, you said you found clues to everyone's profile, mind sharing that?
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
January 29 2011 23:27 GMT
#100
Also, will clues be limited to their respecitve Wikipedia article?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 28 29 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings93
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 321
Sharp 54
Bale 33
Dota 2
monkeys_forever551
NeuroSwarm195
League of Legends
Doublelift4793
Counter-Strike
taco 477
Other Games
summit1g7476
JimRising 497
C9.Mang0364
ViBE138
ToD81
kaitlyn11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick700
BasetradeTV162
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 131
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP89
• poizon28 37
• davetesta27
• Adnapsc2 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1422
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
8h 22m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
10h 22m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 22m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 22m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Patches Events
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.