• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:08
CEST 21:08
KST 04:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon109
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7661 users

[S2] World Championships Discussion - Page 727

Forum Index > LoL Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 725 726 727 728 729 859 Next

Keep the rage to a minimum. This includes wait times between games, music, and balance.

Fair warning to all.
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9827 Posts
October 12 2012 22:04 GMT
#14521
On October 13 2012 06:56 WhiteDog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2012 06:51 Numy wrote:
I don't think it's that obvious. An average LoL player could just enjoy watching the game and wants to watch the finals of the biggest LoL tournament yet. The premise that because xyz aren't in they don't want to watch I think is scary and saddening. Why must "enjoying the game" be something that only "hardcores" watch for?

I don't understand you reasonning either. People are not watching lol for the thrill of watching it, just like you don't watch football just to watch football. There is a scene behind it, you watch to support a team, you place yourself in an history and take a stand : "i like that team, I hate that team" is part of all that.
I know people in France who only cheer for shitty team in soccer, and only watch that shitty team's games, but it's their team. Why do you want to force that kind of people to watch when everything they see is that their own team is not there...

How the hell do you get into a scene and find teams to cheer for if you never watch the games?
boomer hands
pfff
Profile Joined May 2004
Belgium1352 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-12 22:09:26
October 12 2012 22:04 GMT
#14522
On October 13 2012 05:45 WhiteDog wrote:
I don't really understand why people says someone don't like that team because it is an all asian team ?
I don't like a team because it is european, nor because it is american. Heck I hate CLG.NA cheesy plays. I also love Naijin sword.

IMO the asian "dislike" argument is completely overdone, for some reason people like to interpret a situation where crowd favourites lost (on a western forum these will be western teams) as a situation where they hate the Eastern teams. I'm a huge clg.eu fan because (a) I get to cheer for a Belgian who also happens to be a very likable guy whose main hero is my favourate hero and (b) they play a style I completly identfiy with. Same thing with TSM, TOO is just a hilarious guy and I like how they continously try to catch up to the best teams (and fail :-) ). Thats why I want these two teams to succeed and why im dissapointed that clg is not in the finals. But this doesnt mean that I dont appreciate the teams who made it to the finals, and it doesnt mean that when I express my dissapointment on them getting eliminated that I hate asian teams, I'm totally looking forward to TPA's superior early-game teampicking vs AZF's superior, well, everything hehe, but still, it's like sports, youre on a mainly western forum so people will be dissapointed in their favourites, but they will still love the finals

edit: I think this might just be a carry-over feeling from SC or smth, if you compare it with DOTA, I mean, everyone supported Navi because they just play an awesome style, but I was also sooooooooooo dissapointed by IG beating LGD for the finals (both Chinese teams) just because I think LGD plays a completely superior style than IG
It ain’t no sin to be glad you’re alive
Hakanfrog
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden690 Posts
October 12 2012 22:07 GMT
#14523
I probablly won´t watch the finals.

It starts at 4am so I´d have to watch vods. One team I had never seen play before this tournament and another that has cheated on their way to the finals. I really do not care who wins so the finals don´t interest me.

I like watching the game being played but if I don´t care about either of the teams it´s not very exciting.
WhiteDog
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France8650 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-12 22:43:22
October 12 2012 22:41 GMT
#14524
On October 13 2012 07:04 seRapH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2012 06:56 WhiteDog wrote:
On October 13 2012 06:51 Numy wrote:
I don't think it's that obvious. An average LoL player could just enjoy watching the game and wants to watch the finals of the biggest LoL tournament yet. The premise that because xyz aren't in they don't want to watch I think is scary and saddening. Why must "enjoying the game" be something that only "hardcores" watch for?

I don't understand you reasonning either. People are not watching lol for the thrill of watching it, just like you don't watch football just to watch football. There is a scene behind it, you watch to support a team, you place yourself in an history and take a stand : "i like that team, I hate that team" is part of all that.
I know people in France who only cheer for shitty team in soccer, and only watch that shitty team's games, but it's their team. Why do you want to force that kind of people to watch when everything they see is that their own team is not there...

How the hell do you get into a scene and find teams to cheer for if you never watch the games?

You start entering in the scene through interviews, stream but mostly from the people you play with I suppose ? In real life sport such as foot, you cheer for the team of your town because it's a nice thing to do with friends and some beers. Maybe I'm wrong.
"every time WhiteDog overuses the word "seriously" in a comment I can make an observation on his fragile emotional state." MoltkeWarding
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9827 Posts
October 12 2012 22:47 GMT
#14525
On October 13 2012 07:07 Hakanfrog wrote:
I probablly won´t watch the finals.

It starts at 4am so I´d have to watch vods. One team I had never seen play before this tournament and another that has cheated on their way to the finals. I really do not care who wins so the finals don´t interest me.

I like watching the game being played but if I don´t care about either of the teams it´s not very exciting.

Then let's put it this way:

Azubu Frost needs to win this to help cement that they don't need to cheat to win. They need to prove that the glance at the minimap was utterly unnecessary for their victories. In addition, they want to prove how strong korean lol is even though its only half the age of the western scene by beating the team that beat M5.

Taipei Assassins is young, and this is effectively their royal road. If just the words royal road don't get you rolling, then know that Taiwan has never been the predominant force in any esport, and this is the closest they've come in a long time, perhaps in all of history.

Even if you still don't care about either of the teams, you should still watch it not only because they're looking to be great games, but because you might just find yourself rooting for one or the other after all.
boomer hands
WhiteDog
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France8650 Posts
October 12 2012 22:50 GMT
#14526
Well, Azubu cheated ok, but who really thinks they needed the cheat to win ? oO
"every time WhiteDog overuses the word "seriously" in a comment I can make an observation on his fragile emotional state." MoltkeWarding
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
October 12 2012 22:55 GMT
#14527
On October 13 2012 07:50 WhiteDog wrote:
Well, Azubu cheated ok, but who really thinks they needed the cheat to win ? oO


We should lock this guy in a room with some fanboys and see how long he survives as a social experiment.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Jaksiel
Profile Joined November 2008
United States4130 Posts
October 12 2012 23:05 GMT
#14528
I watch football just to watch football. I have a particular team I follow more than others, but I still follow plenty of other games just to watch. I watch as many Champions League games as I can, as many EPL games as I can even when they don't involve Tottenham, big games from other leagues, as much of Euros/World Cups as I can...
Zero fighting.
nojitosunrise
Profile Joined August 2011
United States6188 Posts
October 12 2012 23:08 GMT
#14529
LAN will be ready and used this weekend. According to @slasher.
DODswe4
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden2157 Posts
October 12 2012 23:09 GMT
#14530
On October 13 2012 08:08 nojitosunrise wrote:
LAN will be ready and used this weekend. According to @slasher.


did he leave any source for that other that is what he have heard? if its true its great, no internet problem (unless someone trips over a cable or something)
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
October 12 2012 23:11 GMT
#14531
I really want TPA to shut out and embarrass Frost.
twitch.tv/cratonz
nojitosunrise
Profile Joined August 2011
United States6188 Posts
October 12 2012 23:11 GMT
#14532
On October 13 2012 08:09 DODswe4 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2012 08:08 nojitosunrise wrote:
LAN will be ready and used this weekend. According to @slasher.


did he leave any source for that other that is what he have heard? if its true its great, no internet problem (unless someone trips over a cable or something)


Riot had a press event today. With a q n a session.
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
October 12 2012 23:12 GMT
#14533
I'll root for Frost every game Rapidstar runs Lux or Diana mid. Otherwise I'd like to see TPA win the series. Hoping to see Nidalee vs Singed top lane at least one game.
Sunaj
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada2041 Posts
October 12 2012 23:13 GMT
#14534
On October 13 2012 03:10 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2012 12:53 Sunaj wrote:
On October 12 2012 12:04 barbsq wrote:
On October 12 2012 11:49 Ryalnos wrote:
Damn it, just heard the results of the CLG-EU game . I have no reason to watch the finals now...

except that the finals are looking to be really good games?

But my reasons for caring died with both CLG's falling out. Just like my interest in the NHL play-offs dies when my team goes out there. Which I assume is his too, why bother to watch 2 teams I don't care for?

It's k, I won't judge you because I probably wouldn't watch if it was CLG.Eu vs. M5.

This dude gets it ^_^.
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
October 12 2012 23:41 GMT
#14535
Honestly, I will watch the finals. But I am dissapointed that neither of the "teamfight" teams advanced. TPA and Frost won their series with better mechanics and great laning phases. I would have preferred a clash of styles ala Patriots - 49ers instead of 49ers - Bears or Patriots - Giants.
Freeeeeeedom
nosliw
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2716 Posts
October 13 2012 00:09 GMT
#14536
On October 13 2012 08:11 Craton wrote:
I really want TPA to shut out and embarrass Frost.

me too!
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-13 00:14:31
October 13 2012 00:14 GMT
#14537
Yo you guys who don't want to watch Asians.

That's racist yo.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
MooMooMugi
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States10531 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-13 00:21:14
October 13 2012 00:20 GMT
#14538
I'm cheering for TPA this weekend, make China proud!
|LoL & SC2 IGN both my username| Just livin' the baylife| Hearthstone ID: MooMooMugi#1544| Dank Memer since 2011
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
October 13 2012 00:21 GMT
#14539
On October 13 2012 07:55 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2012 07:50 WhiteDog wrote:
Well, Azubu cheated ok, but who really thinks they needed the cheat to win ? oO


We should lock this guy in a room with some fanboys and see how long he survives as a social experiment.


Blood would be drawn in thirty seconds.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
October 13 2012 00:36 GMT
#14540
On October 13 2012 09:20 MooMooMugi wrote:
I'm cheering for TPA this weekend, make China proud!


<3 for MooMoo!
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
Prev 1 725 726 727 728 729 859 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 527
UpATreeSC 116
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 931
Dewaltoss 131
firebathero 90
Zeus 64
Trap 40
910 39
zelot 36
Sexy 25
Bale 22
NaDa 19
[ Show more ]
JYJ 19
ToSsGirL 17
Shine 15
Dota 2
Gorgc6571
420jenkins203
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1302
Fnx 846
edward72
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS155
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1632
Other Games
summit1g4040
Grubby3281
Beastyqt723
B2W.Neo681
byalli417
C9.Mang0160
KnowMe158
TKL 124
BRAT_OK 76
Chillindude16
Railgan16
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV258
BasetradeTV257
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream120
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 6
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki47
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur387
• WagamamaTV278
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 52m
Kung Fu Cup
15h 52m
Stellar Fest
17h 52m
The PondCast
1d 14h
OSC
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.