• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:58
CEST 00:58
KST 07:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)20Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10080 users

Ladder Transparency

Forum Index > Legacy of the Void
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Pirfiktshon
Profile Joined June 2013
United States1072 Posts
July 15 2015 13:44 GMT
#1
I first off would like to commend and mention how much David Kim has stepped up to the plate in every aspect. It's made a huge difference on my outlook of LotV.

I, Simply put, want ladder transparency. I can't be the only one so I've created this poll please cast your vote:

Poll: Ladder Transparency?

I want to know my MMR standing, League standing, and when I'm playing a possible promotion game. (59)
 
48%

I just want to know my MMR standing and League position (51)
 
41%

It's ok as it is just knowing My League Standing (7)
 
6%

Your beating this to death for no reason ( P.S. Lichter and waxangel are awesome) (4)
 
3%

I don't want leagues I play unranked... (2)
 
2%

123 total votes

Your vote: Ladder Transparency?

(Vote): I want to know my MMR standing, League standing, and when I'm playing a possible promotion game.
(Vote): I just want to know my MMR standing and League position
(Vote): It's ok as it is just knowing My League Standing
(Vote): I don't want leagues I play unranked...
(Vote): Your beating this to death for no reason ( P.S. Lichter and waxangel are awesome)





BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19387 Posts
July 15 2015 13:50 GMT
#2
Lichter and waxangel are awesome. I had to vote for it cause they are. Not here's the real question:

Poll: Two-Face has Lichter and WaxAngel each in a cage over a fatal pit.

Save Esports (27)
 
77%

Save Lichter (4)
 
11%

Save WaxAngel (4)
 
11%

35 total votes

Your vote: Two-Face has Lichter and WaxAngel each in a cage over a fatal pit.

(Vote): Save Lichter
(Vote): Save WaxAngel
(Vote): Save Esports

ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Ovid
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United Kingdom948 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-15 13:53:35
July 15 2015 13:52 GMT
#3
MMR should be transparent but knowing when you will be promoted should be hidden, I feel that it will just cause anger, if you lose on that match or it will cause a bit of win trading (people saying it's my promo match free win) even more so when ranked/unranked can play vs each other.

edit - I went for saving esports I'm assuming that means I save both?
I will make Yogg Saron priest work...
Ctone23
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States1841 Posts
July 15 2015 13:58 GMT
#4
On July 15 2015 22:50 BisuDagger wrote:
Lichter and waxangel are awesome. I had to vote for it cause they are. Not here's the real question:

Poll: Two-Face has Lichter and WaxAngel each in a cage over a fatal pit.

Save Esports (27)
 
77%

Save Lichter (4)
 
11%

Save WaxAngel (4)
 
11%

35 total votes

Your vote: Two-Face has Lichter and WaxAngel each in a cage over a fatal pit.

(Vote): Save Lichter
(Vote): Save WaxAngel
(Vote): Save Esports


I vote save esports but only after I steal Wax's dapper white suit he wore at DH
TL+ Member
Little-Chimp
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada951 Posts
July 15 2015 14:07 GMT
#5
On July 15 2015 22:52 Ovid wrote:
MMR should be transparent but knowing when you will be promoted should be hidden, I feel that it will just cause anger, if you lose on that match or it will cause a bit of win trading (people saying it's my promo match free win) even more so when ranked/unranked can play vs each other.

edit - I went for saving esports I'm assuming that means I save both?


I agree with this guy. People will just cheese their promotion games. Can't you be promoted on a loss anyways in SC2?
Pirfiktshon
Profile Joined June 2013
United States1072 Posts
July 15 2015 14:09 GMT
#6
MMR should be transparent but knowing when you will be promoted should be hidden, I feel that it will just cause anger, if you lose on that match or it will cause a bit of win trading (people saying it's my promo match free win) even more so when ranked/unranked can play vs each other.

edit - I went for saving esports I'm assuming that means I save both?


You can argue this problem already exists though... personally I think unranked and ranked should be seperate it only hurts the one playing ranked....
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
July 15 2015 14:12 GMT
#7
I dont get why anyone would play unranked. If you cant handle a number going up and down, you are suited to play sc2 anyways.
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
July 15 2015 14:13 GMT
#8
On July 15 2015 23:07 Little-Chimp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2015 22:52 Ovid wrote:
MMR should be transparent but knowing when you will be promoted should be hidden, I feel that it will just cause anger, if you lose on that match or it will cause a bit of win trading (people saying it's my promo match free win) even more so when ranked/unranked can play vs each other.

edit - I went for saving esports I'm assuming that means I save both?


I agree with this guy. People will just cheese their promotion games. Can't you be promoted on a loss anyways in SC2?


yes, because not only the MMR is needed for your promotion, but only a level of certainty. if the ladder is not certain enough, you wont get promoted.
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
paralleluniverse
Profile Joined July 2010
4065 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-15 14:17:28
July 15 2015 14:16 GMT
#9
There needs to be a global rank, ideally displayed as a percentile.

That can be MMR or another skill rating. But the only reason to know MMR or any skill rating is to know the percentile.
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
July 15 2015 14:29 GMT
#10
On July 15 2015 23:12 graNite wrote:
I dont get why anyone would play unranked. If you cant handle a number going up and down, you are suited to play sc2 anyways.

offracing
and I don't like it when Im placed below my league because I'm leaving all ZvZs
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12133 Posts
July 15 2015 18:11 GMT
#11
On July 15 2015 23:12 graNite wrote:
I dont get why anyone would play unranked. If you cant handle a number going up and down, you are suited to play sc2 anyways.

This is exactly the attitude which lowers the player base. You are not good, you have fear of playing on ladder so get out of my game. Excellent!

You can play unranked for many reasons - bad map pool so you want to leave certain MU on certain maps(e.g. Catallena PvT). The meta/balance is bad for certain MU so you leave it when you play it(mass sworm host turtle PvZ back then, mass turtle raven style...). Or the MU is too often so you do not want to play it every other game. Or you cannot handle the fact that if you lose your stats are bad. Whatever the reason is there are players who enjoy this and it actually keeps them in the game so you don't wait 30 minutes on next opponent.
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
July 15 2015 18:20 GMT
#12
On July 15 2015 22:50 BisuDagger wrote:
Lichter and waxangel are awesome. I had to vote for it cause they are. Not here's the real question:

Poll: Two-Face has Lichter and WaxAngel each in a cage over a fatal pit.

Save Esports (27)
 
77%

Save Lichter (4)
 
11%

Save WaxAngel (4)
 
11%

35 total votes

Your vote: Two-Face has Lichter and WaxAngel each in a cage over a fatal pit.

(Vote): Save Lichter
(Vote): Save WaxAngel
(Vote): Save Esports


If it's confirmed that Lichter is noob, then isn't Wax the clear pick?
kiss kiss fall in love
Dingodile
Profile Joined December 2011
4139 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-15 18:30:01
July 15 2015 18:26 GMT
#13
On July 15 2015 23:12 graNite wrote:
I dont get why anyone would play unranked. If you cant handle a number going up and down, you are suited to play sc2 anyways.

I have never cared about which league I am and I want to be invisible anywhere. Similiar in Diablo3, I noticed everyone can look your gear (I dont have a problem with it DURING public games, but they can do even after you leaved the game because it is saved on your friendlist automatically), I stopped to play public games too.

edit: my biggest fear is always that you know too much about me. Doesnt matter if you looked my history in sc2 intensively (build order, game lenght, playwise) or in D3 about my gear & paragonlvl and heroes. I never looked what others have. I wish Blizzard put a option that nobody can look other people, even facebook offers this option!
Grubby | ToD | Moon | Lyn | Sky
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
July 15 2015 18:28 GMT
#14
On July 16 2015 03:26 Dingodile wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2015 23:12 graNite wrote:
I dont get why anyone would play unranked. If you cant handle a number going up and down, you are suited to play sc2 anyways.

I have never cared about which league I am and I want to be invisible anywhere. Similiar in Diablo3, I noticed everyone can look your gear (I dont have a problem with it DURING public games, but they can do even after you leaved the game because it is saved on your friendlist automatically), I stopped to play public games too.

Unranked also has offracing applications. I don't wanna play games on an offrace and then be treated to baby's first ladder when I go back to my mainrace.
kiss kiss fall in love
Pirfiktshon
Profile Joined June 2013
United States1072 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-16 21:56:03
July 16 2015 21:52 GMT
#15
here is an interesting thought as well. It might even make sense to make it a thread of its own but I don't like to pollute so here it is.

I think it would be a good idea to have like a CODE S rank above GM that once you get into the top 1-2 spot in GM can enter into CODE S where it has its own dedicated server that every server links too. So say if you get top 1-2 spot into GM in korea and someone get 1-2 spot in AM they get catapulted to code S server where there is only 100 spots open to hash it out to be the top of the top crew out of all the servers... Which would also increase the skill level globally ...
flipstar
Profile Joined January 2011
226 Posts
July 16 2015 22:24 GMT
#16
On July 17 2015 06:52 Pirfiktshon wrote:
here is an interesting thought as well. It might even make sense to make it a thread of its own but I don't like to pollute so here it is.

I think it would be a good idea to have like a CODE S rank above GM that once you get into the top 1-2 spot in GM can enter into CODE S where it has its own dedicated server that every server links too. So say if you get top 1-2 spot into GM in korea and someone get 1-2 spot in AM they get catapulted to code S server where there is only 100 spots open to hash it out to be the top of the top crew out of all the servers... Which would also increase the skill level globally ...


It wouldn't really work out because lag.
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
July 16 2015 22:26 GMT
#17
On July 15 2015 23:13 graNite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2015 23:07 Little-Chimp wrote:
On July 15 2015 22:52 Ovid wrote:
MMR should be transparent but knowing when you will be promoted should be hidden, I feel that it will just cause anger, if you lose on that match or it will cause a bit of win trading (people saying it's my promo match free win) even more so when ranked/unranked can play vs each other.

edit - I went for saving esports I'm assuming that means I save both?


I agree with this guy. People will just cheese their promotion games. Can't you be promoted on a loss anyways in SC2?


yes, because not only the MMR is needed for your promotion, but only a level of certainty. if the ladder is not certain enough, you wont get promoted.


Not true anymore re: certainty. You cross the border by even one rating point, you get promoted. And you've never been able to get promoted after a loss (it only seemed that way in the first few months after release because of server latency).
Moderator
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-16 22:30:13
July 16 2015 22:28 GMT
#18
MMR should have been public from the beginning anyways. There's no reason to hide it from the players, as leagues are way too large to be a true indication of one's skill.

@poster above : are you sure? I remember having been promoted last season after a loss
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
Pirfiktshon
Profile Joined June 2013
United States1072 Posts
July 16 2015 22:52 GMT
#19
It wouldn't really work out because lag.


You would think so but i thought of this. If you only have 100 people on that server the lag would be and should be signficantly reduced and the location would have to be the most centralized that they have. Not saying this is perfect idea as far as logistics but perfect in the thought that it would be ideal
flipstar
Profile Joined January 2011
226 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-16 23:36:10
July 16 2015 23:06 GMT
#20
On July 17 2015 07:52 Pirfiktshon wrote:
Show nested quote +
It wouldn't really work out because lag.


You would think so but i thought of this. If you only have 100 people on that server the lag would be and should be signficantly reduced and the location would have to be the most centralized that they have. Not saying this is perfect idea as far as logistics but perfect in the thought that it would be ideal


You're wrong on the bolded part, that's not how it works. In wc3 you could host customgames, and it was always a hassle to find optimal hosts for high level competition, and that's technically 2 users on 1 server. Someone will get the short end of the stick.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE169
Nina 104
Nathanias 65
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14156
Artosis 516
White-Ra 259
ToSsGirL 31
Dota 2
monkeys_forever458
NeuroSwarm164
League of Legends
Doublelift4222
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox980
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1869
Liquid`Hasu1333
Trikslyr69
Other Games
summit1g7440
Grubby3538
ArmadaUGS961
shahzam590
JimRising 339
C9.Mang0281
ZombieGrub60
Mew2King44
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV195
gamesdonequick113
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream106
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 62
• musti20045 37
• davetesta35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 36
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1207
• imaqtpie1059
• Shiphtur259
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 2m
OSC
14h 2m
Stellar Fest
14h 2m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.