• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:19
CEST 17:19
KST 00:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10843 users

Legacy of the Void Beta Patch 2.5.2 - Page 18

Forum Index > Legacy of the Void
483 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 25 Next All
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-30 01:34:29
May 30 2015 01:30 GMT
#341
On May 30 2015 10:27 Lexender wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2015 10:24 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On May 30 2015 04:44 avilo wrote:
Armory upgrades need to be combined. They need to put it back to normal. It's ludicrous not being able to have upgraded banshees/vikings and having to build 4 armories.

Same for turret b4 ebay change. Needs to go back.

Not too excited for LOTV if this is how the game is going.



Exactly how? If you're zerg and want to go muta and anything on the ground you need 2 spires (because in this case you're considering only upgrading them at the same time) and 2 possibly 3 evos. If you're protoss and want to go ground and air you need to build 2 cyber cores and 2 possibly 3 forges.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with needing to upgrade separate upgrades if you're making separate unit compositions. Its literally how the entire game works outside of mech ground/mech air in hots.


1.- Zergs don't need starports to build mutas, 1 spire and they can make mutas from all their hatch.

2.- Cyber cores, don't cost 100 gas


1) To upgrade the mutas you need spires, just like an armory. And spires cost gas before we go to that point
2) You must be kidding if you're seriously suggesting that upgrades should be combined because of a 400 gas (100 gas 4 times in this hypothetical) investment.

I'm curious
Poll: Should Mech Air/Ground upgrades be split?

Yes, and I'm Terran (6)
 
14%

Yes, and I'm not Terran (16)
 
37%

No, and I'm Terran (13)
 
30%

No, and I'm not Terran (8)
 
19%

43 total votes

Your vote: Should Mech Air/Ground upgrades be split?

(Vote): Yes, and I'm Terran
(Vote): Yes, and I'm not Terran
(Vote): No, and I'm Terran
(Vote): No, and I'm not Terran

Lexender
Profile Joined September 2013
Mexico2663 Posts
May 30 2015 01:47 GMT
#342
On May 30 2015 10:30 chipmonklord17 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2015 10:27 Lexender wrote:
On May 30 2015 10:24 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On May 30 2015 04:44 avilo wrote:
Armory upgrades need to be combined. They need to put it back to normal. It's ludicrous not being able to have upgraded banshees/vikings and having to build 4 armories.

Same for turret b4 ebay change. Needs to go back.

Not too excited for LOTV if this is how the game is going.



Exactly how? If you're zerg and want to go muta and anything on the ground you need 2 spires (because in this case you're considering only upgrading them at the same time) and 2 possibly 3 evos. If you're protoss and want to go ground and air you need to build 2 cyber cores and 2 possibly 3 forges.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with needing to upgrade separate upgrades if you're making separate unit compositions. Its literally how the entire game works outside of mech ground/mech air in hots.


1.- Zergs don't need starports to build mutas, 1 spire and they can make mutas from all their hatch.

2.- Cyber cores, don't cost 100 gas


1) To upgrade the mutas you need spires, just like an armory. And spires cost gas before we go to that point
2) You must be kidding if you're seriously suggesting that upgrades should be combined because of a 400 gas (100 gas 4 times in this hypothetical) investment.

I'm curious
Poll: Should Mech Air/Ground upgrades be split?

Yes, and I'm Terran (6)
 
14%

Yes, and I'm not Terran (16)
 
37%

No, and I'm Terran (13)
 
30%

No, and I'm not Terran (8)
 
19%

43 total votes

Your vote: Should Mech Air/Ground upgrades be split?

(Vote): Yes, and I'm Terran
(Vote): Yes, and I'm not Terran
(Vote): No, and I'm Terran
(Vote): No, and I'm not Terran



I'm not saying it is, there are other factors of course, the biggest problem with splitting upgrades isn't the strenght of mech, but its capacity to adapt, zerg have by far the best one, protoss have less but WG and CB helps them a ton, terran have by far the least capacity (as it has been pointed out numerous times in the thread) wich is why it doesn't matter if it makes mech weaker, nobody would played because bio will be 100% more efficient, and with the new economy nobody would even less.

Saddly this isn't BW factory units are awful by themselves, it isn't even a X race have Y so other races must too, theres a reason races don't work the same, but I will assure 100% nobody would mech outside of going mass cyclone because all the other mech facotry units are shit.
usethis2
Profile Joined December 2010
2164 Posts
May 30 2015 01:57 GMT
#343
Zerg has the easiest time switching techs and Zerg has the shittest units. Coincidence?

Mech is not easy to switch away from in-game but it wipes everything out on the ground as the ball moves. I thought that was the point.

The way I see it mech is viable enough in TvT and TvZ. I do not think it will ever be enough alone against P. Give that up and you will see that mech is not weak or dead.
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-30 02:06:51
May 30 2015 02:06 GMT
#344
On May 30 2015 10:47 Lexender wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2015 10:30 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On May 30 2015 10:27 Lexender wrote:
On May 30 2015 10:24 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On May 30 2015 04:44 avilo wrote:
Armory upgrades need to be combined. They need to put it back to normal. It's ludicrous not being able to have upgraded banshees/vikings and having to build 4 armories.

Same for turret b4 ebay change. Needs to go back.

Not too excited for LOTV if this is how the game is going.



Exactly how? If you're zerg and want to go muta and anything on the ground you need 2 spires (because in this case you're considering only upgrading them at the same time) and 2 possibly 3 evos. If you're protoss and want to go ground and air you need to build 2 cyber cores and 2 possibly 3 forges.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with needing to upgrade separate upgrades if you're making separate unit compositions. Its literally how the entire game works outside of mech ground/mech air in hots.


1.- Zergs don't need starports to build mutas, 1 spire and they can make mutas from all their hatch.

2.- Cyber cores, don't cost 100 gas


1) To upgrade the mutas you need spires, just like an armory. And spires cost gas before we go to that point
2) You must be kidding if you're seriously suggesting that upgrades should be combined because of a 400 gas (100 gas 4 times in this hypothetical) investment.

I'm curious
Poll: Should Mech Air/Ground upgrades be split?

Yes, and I'm Terran (6)
 
14%

Yes, and I'm not Terran (16)
 
37%

No, and I'm Terran (13)
 
30%

No, and I'm not Terran (8)
 
19%

43 total votes

Your vote: Should Mech Air/Ground upgrades be split?

(Vote): Yes, and I'm Terran
(Vote): Yes, and I'm not Terran
(Vote): No, and I'm Terran
(Vote): No, and I'm not Terran



I'm not saying it is, there are other factors of course, the biggest problem with splitting upgrades isn't the strenght of mech, but its capacity to adapt, zerg have by far the best one, protoss have less but WG and CB helps them a ton, terran have by far the least capacity (as it has been pointed out numerous times in the thread) wich is why it doesn't matter if it makes mech weaker, nobody would played because bio will be 100% more efficient, and with the new economy nobody would even less.

Saddly this isn't BW factory units are awful by themselves, it isn't even a X race have Y so other races must too, theres a reason races don't work the same, but I will assure 100% nobody would mech outside of going mass cyclone because all the other mech facotry units are shit.


Factory units are probably better than any other units in the game in a "by themselves" standpoint. They have absolutely anything you would need. Barracks units almost completely fall apart without medivacs, starport we have yet to really see it on its own. Skytoss is the only thing I could consider as being a better set of units than factory units. Factory units have space control, AoE, great GtA, great GtG, and tanks in both the literal and the hellbat
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
May 30 2015 02:17 GMT
#345
On May 30 2015 10:30 chipmonklord17 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2015 10:27 Lexender wrote:
On May 30 2015 10:24 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On May 30 2015 04:44 avilo wrote:
Armory upgrades need to be combined. They need to put it back to normal. It's ludicrous not being able to have upgraded banshees/vikings and having to build 4 armories.

Same for turret b4 ebay change. Needs to go back.

Not too excited for LOTV if this is how the game is going.



Exactly how? If you're zerg and want to go muta and anything on the ground you need 2 spires (because in this case you're considering only upgrading them at the same time) and 2 possibly 3 evos. If you're protoss and want to go ground and air you need to build 2 cyber cores and 2 possibly 3 forges.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with needing to upgrade separate upgrades if you're making separate unit compositions. Its literally how the entire game works outside of mech ground/mech air in hots.


1.- Zergs don't need starports to build mutas, 1 spire and they can make mutas from all their hatch.

2.- Cyber cores, don't cost 100 gas


1) To upgrade the mutas you need spires, just like an armory. And spires cost gas before we go to that point
2) You must be kidding if you're seriously suggesting that upgrades should be combined because of a 400 gas (100 gas 4 times in this hypothetical) investment.

I'm curious
Poll: Should Mech Air/Ground upgrades be split?

Yes, and I'm Terran (6)
 
14%

Yes, and I'm not Terran (16)
 
37%

No, and I'm Terran (13)
 
30%

No, and I'm not Terran (8)
 
19%

43 total votes

Your vote: Should Mech Air/Ground upgrades be split?

(Vote): Yes, and I'm Terran
(Vote): Yes, and I'm not Terran
(Vote): No, and I'm Terran
(Vote): No, and I'm not Terran


I remember one upgrade was combined earlier? I think it was armor?
I think splitting up is a good thing, it makes mech to air transition far less just "build them air units".

I would love just the armor being combined again.
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
May 30 2015 02:31 GMT
#346
On May 30 2015 11:17 ETisME wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2015 10:30 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On May 30 2015 10:27 Lexender wrote:
On May 30 2015 10:24 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On May 30 2015 04:44 avilo wrote:
Armory upgrades need to be combined. They need to put it back to normal. It's ludicrous not being able to have upgraded banshees/vikings and having to build 4 armories.

Same for turret b4 ebay change. Needs to go back.

Not too excited for LOTV if this is how the game is going.



Exactly how? If you're zerg and want to go muta and anything on the ground you need 2 spires (because in this case you're considering only upgrading them at the same time) and 2 possibly 3 evos. If you're protoss and want to go ground and air you need to build 2 cyber cores and 2 possibly 3 forges.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with needing to upgrade separate upgrades if you're making separate unit compositions. Its literally how the entire game works outside of mech ground/mech air in hots.


1.- Zergs don't need starports to build mutas, 1 spire and they can make mutas from all their hatch.

2.- Cyber cores, don't cost 100 gas


1) To upgrade the mutas you need spires, just like an armory. And spires cost gas before we go to that point
2) You must be kidding if you're seriously suggesting that upgrades should be combined because of a 400 gas (100 gas 4 times in this hypothetical) investment.

I'm curious
Poll: Should Mech Air/Ground upgrades be split?

Yes, and I'm Terran (6)
 
14%

Yes, and I'm not Terran (16)
 
37%

No, and I'm Terran (13)
 
30%

No, and I'm not Terran (8)
 
19%

43 total votes

Your vote: Should Mech Air/Ground upgrades be split?

(Vote): Yes, and I'm Terran
(Vote): Yes, and I'm not Terran
(Vote): No, and I'm Terran
(Vote): No, and I'm not Terran


I remember one upgrade was combined earlier? I think it was armor?
I think splitting up is a good thing, it makes mech to air transition far less just "build them air units".

I would love just the armor being combined again.


The way the patch notes were worded made it sound like they recombined armor (they didn't its all split). I'd prefer that blizzard tests it out this way and then combines armor again if need be, but I wouldn't be opposed to the idea.
StalkerFang
Profile Joined August 2013
Australia68 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-30 03:34:23
May 30 2015 03:33 GMT
#347
I really don't like the idea of a 'core' starport unit, which the liberator seems to be. Having a full-air composition be viable before the super-late game seems like a bad idea to me.

Honestly at this point there are just a few too many units in the game imo. Blizzard is kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place here, since they have to ship some new units with the expansion for all the 'casuals' who won't want to buy an expansion just for an updated economic system. Prime candidates for removal are Swarmhosts and tempests, with maybe void rays, infestors, collossi and even banshees too.

I guess they could accomplish this in kinda the same way it works in HotS now though, where nobody builds tempests or swarm hosts except in extremely rare cases.
Former member of the Anti-Traction League
usethis2
Profile Joined December 2010
2164 Posts
May 30 2015 03:39 GMT
#348
At least the Liberator's design is a bit more interesting than the brain-dead Cyclone.
ElMeanYo
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1032 Posts
May 30 2015 05:13 GMT
#349
Guys.

*blah blah blah the liberator is overpowered... blah blah blah
*blah blah blah the liberator is underpowered... blah blah blah

Don't you realize it is a beta and its stats will be tweaked? Honestly some of you sound like you are going to quit the game because a beta unit is not quite like you want it at this moment.

Stop being drama-queens.
“The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
Lexender
Profile Joined September 2013
Mexico2663 Posts
May 30 2015 06:04 GMT
#350
I was so excited for LotV but now I understand why nobody plays, the changes they make are so bad. Its just fucking imposible to mech without turtling, thors are the worst AA ever, tanks still suck.

I think I'll just wait to see what blizzard does or if a pro finds a way to play because right now this is bull shit, seems like I'll have to keep playing HotS then.
dust7
Profile Joined March 2010
199 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-30 08:05:15
May 30 2015 07:43 GMT
#351
On May 30 2015 14:13 ElMeanYo wrote:
Guys.

*blah blah blah the liberator is overpowered... blah blah blah
*blah blah blah the liberator is underpowered... blah blah blah

Don't you realize it is a beta and its stats will be tweaked? Honestly some of you sound like you are going to quit the game because a beta unit is not quite like you want it at this moment.

Stop being drama-queens.

People are just frustrated that all Blizzard does is throw some toys at us instead of finally starting public experiments on core game mechanics. Given the dawning realization that Godot will never come and the fact that the new toy is even bugged to the point of working completely different than intended people are upset and need to bash something. So they bash the new toy.

Personally, I am upset because they refuse to make mech viable since WoL. With mech I mean positional play centered around the siege tank, not turtling with tanks until you reach a critical mass of ravens or thor/hellion amove timing pushes. I want to be able to slowly push across the map with carefully set up tanks, taking bases and being able to defend them while fending off harass and harassing myself, constantly trying to trade efficiently with my opponent trying to break the push. Unfortunately, tanks are a joke unit. They can't hold a position for their life in SC2. So what does Blizzard do? They give us a disposable single tank shot best used with bio (the mine). After that, they still don't adjust the tank, they give us a mech KITING unit, i.e. a long range bio unit from the factory. I want an alternative playstyle to bio and they give me a factory unit that is used like a bio unit and cannot hold a position as well. After that, they give the tank a new gimmick (medivac pickup) to turn it into a mobile harassment tool (???) instead of letting it do its job. After that, they give us a sky siege unit, instead of adjusting the tank.
So even if they ever make "mech" viable, it won't be the mech I (we?) wanted, but a ball of factory units cruising around the map in a protoss-like fashion like you already see it with cylcone/hellion armies.
ohmylanta1003
Profile Joined February 2015
United States128 Posts
May 30 2015 08:03 GMT
#352
On May 30 2015 16:43 dust7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2015 14:13 ElMeanYo wrote:
Guys.

*blah blah blah the liberator is overpowered... blah blah blah
*blah blah blah the liberator is underpowered... blah blah blah

Don't you realize it is a beta and its stats will be tweaked? Honestly some of you sound like you are going to quit the game because a beta unit is not quite like you want it at this moment.

Stop being drama-queens.

People are just frustrated that all Blizzard does is throw some toys at us instead of finally starting public experiments on core game mechanics. Given the dawning realization that Godot will never come and the fact that the new toy is even bugged to the point of working completely different than intended people are upset and need to bash something. So they bash the new toy.

Personally, I am upset because they refuse to make mech viable since WoL. With mech I mean positional play centered around the siege tank, not turtling with tanks until you reach a critical mass of ravens or thor/hellion amove timing pushes. I want to be able to slowly push across the map with carefully set up tanks, taking bases and being able to defend them while fending off harass and harassing myself, constantly trying to trade efficiently with my opponent trying to break the push. Unfortunately, tanks are a joke unit. They can't hold a position for their life in SC2. So what does Blizzard do? They give us a disposable single tank shot best used with bio (the mine). After that, they still don't adjust the tank, they give us a mech KITING unit, i.e. a long range bio unit from the factory. After that, they give the tank a new gimmick (medivac pickup) to turn it into a mobile harassment tool (???) instead of letting it do its job. After that, they give us a sky siege unit, instead of adjusting the tank.


You are perfectly well aware that if Blizzard messed with the core mechanics, people would also be up in arms. There. Is. No. Pleasing. This. Crowd. That's why Blizzard doesn't listen to us. Because no matter what they do, it's wrong. I really don't see how you guys don't see this.
dust7
Profile Joined March 2010
199 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-30 08:43:25
May 30 2015 08:11 GMT
#353
On May 30 2015 17:03 ohmylanta1003 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2015 16:43 dust7 wrote:
On May 30 2015 14:13 ElMeanYo wrote:
Guys.

*blah blah blah the liberator is overpowered... blah blah blah
*blah blah blah the liberator is underpowered... blah blah blah

Don't you realize it is a beta and its stats will be tweaked? Honestly some of you sound like you are going to quit the game because a beta unit is not quite like you want it at this moment.

Stop being drama-queens.

People are just frustrated that all Blizzard does is throw some toys at us instead of finally starting public experiments on core game mechanics. Given the dawning realization that Godot will never come and the fact that the new toy is even bugged to the point of working completely different than intended people are upset and need to bash something. So they bash the new toy.

Personally, I am upset because they refuse to make mech viable since WoL. With mech I mean positional play centered around the siege tank, not turtling with tanks until you reach a critical mass of ravens or thor/hellion amove timing pushes. I want to be able to slowly push across the map with carefully set up tanks, taking bases and being able to defend them while fending off harass and harassing myself, constantly trying to trade efficiently with my opponent trying to break the push. Unfortunately, tanks are a joke unit. They can't hold a position for their life in SC2. So what does Blizzard do? They give us a disposable single tank shot best used with bio (the mine). After that, they still don't adjust the tank, they give us a mech KITING unit, i.e. a long range bio unit from the factory. After that, they give the tank a new gimmick (medivac pickup) to turn it into a mobile harassment tool (???) instead of letting it do its job. After that, they give us a sky siege unit, instead of adjusting the tank.


You are perfectly well aware that if Blizzard messed with the core mechanics, people would also be up in arms. There. Is. No. Pleasing. This. Crowd. That's why Blizzard doesn't listen to us. Because no matter what they do, it's wrong. I really don't see how you guys don't see this.


No matter what you do, there will always be some people you can never satisfy which won't stop to bitch and moan. However, I think you are oversimplifying things when you say that this is all which is going on here.
At the start of the LotV beta, people were very positive and complimented blizzard for the new direction they seemed to be going in at that time. They even seemed to communicate better with the community and be open to experiments and even the most critical and shortsighted people (avilo, anyone?) cut them some slack.

So no, I don't agree with you that people would be up in arms if blizzard started to do what they promised to do with the LotV beta. There would just be the small minority of people who are never satisfied - but you won't get 50%+ for "I don't like the direction they are going in" in votes.

I also don't believe people would be up in arms if Blizzard said "Hey guys, we have this rework for warpgate on our table. It strengthens the gateway, weakens warpgate-centered all-ins and would allow us to rework some gateway units. We have no idea if this rework could work, how about we test it out for three weeks in the beta?".

But this is not how Blizzard communicates. They communicate like this:
"Yeah, we totally tried out your suggestions* internally, but they did not feel right."

*on the economy, 3-base-cap, warpgate, unit clumping, slower battles, positional play, etc.

Are they kidding? Did not feel right? What the hell is this supposed to mean? I want a better justification than that if they want to keep mechanics that have been complained about since the dawn of WoL Alpha. This is why people are up in arms.
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
May 30 2015 08:56 GMT
#354
I love watching TvP now, way better than hots one.
The nerf to marauder, the Adept with disruptor I think have nailed it.
All the engagements are intense and very dynamic

I think terran can get a buff somewhere but right now it's awesome to watch.
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-30 10:06:33
May 30 2015 09:58 GMT
#355
On May 30 2015 10:57 usethis2 wrote:
Zerg has the easiest time switching techs and Zerg has the shittest units. Coincidence?

Mech is not easy to switch away from in-game but it wipes everything out on the ground as the ball moves. I thought that was the point.

The way I see it mech is viable enough in TvT and TvZ. I do not think it will ever be enough alone against P. Give that up and you will see that mech is not weak or dead.

Well at least someone understands this.

On May 30 2015 17:56 ETisME wrote:
I love watching TvP now, way better than hots one.
The nerf to marauder, the Adept with disruptor I think have nailed it.
All the engagements are intense and very dynamic

I think terran can get a buff somewhere but right now it's awesome to watch.


To be honest I enjoy watching every match-up more than HotS. A lot more options, still a lot of unexplored stuff, less cheeses and all-ins but they are still there and some new appeared, they are just not as dominant.
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
rpgalon
Profile Joined April 2011
Brazil1069 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-30 11:20:50
May 30 2015 11:20 GMT
#356

When are they going to revert the stasis ward so you can manually activate it again? what a stupid change...
badog
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
May 30 2015 11:33 GMT
#357
On May 30 2015 20:20 rpgalon wrote:

When are they going to revert the stasis ward so you can manually activate it again? what a stupid change...

It isn't stupid change. Just think about it for a little bit and you will realize how abused it can be if you could manually detonate it.
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
rpgalon
Profile Joined April 2011
Brazil1069 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-30 13:00:31
May 30 2015 12:50 GMT
#358
On May 30 2015 20:33 Ramiz1989 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2015 20:20 rpgalon wrote:

When are they going to revert the stasis ward so you can manually activate it again? what a stupid change...

It isn't stupid change. Just think about it for a little bit and you will realize how abused it can be if you could manually detonate it.


I did, and still don't see it.

Have you played with it or watched games with the stasis before this change? It was not only fine but good to watch and fun to play with, the reason blizzard made this change:

"We’re seeing certain strategies with the Oracle’s Stasis ability where players are stacking the ability several times, and then manually detonating them over time to indefinitely leave units in Stasis. With our focus on constant combat, this is obviously something that we have no desire for and this change should effectively end this behavior."

There is a lot of better ways to resolve this issue without completely removing many interesting mechanics the stasis had.

EDIT:
few examples of better solutions:
-Make stasis ward detonate other stasis in it's radius when it is activated.
-Give units a stasis imunity for some time after being affected by it.
badog
ROOTFayth
Profile Joined January 2004
Canada3351 Posts
May 30 2015 13:54 GMT
#359
On May 30 2015 15:04 Lexender wrote:
I was so excited for LotV but now I understand why nobody plays, the changes they make are so bad. Its just fucking imposible to mech without turtling, thors are the worst AA ever, tanks still suck.

I think I'll just wait to see what blizzard does or if a pro finds a way to play because right now this is bull shit, seems like I'll have to keep playing HotS then.

it was impossible to mech without turtling in broodwar....
Leviance
Profile Joined November 2009
Germany4079 Posts
May 30 2015 14:03 GMT
#360
I don't like that Terran gets another unit that can shoot both air and ground
"Blizzard is never gonna nerf Terran because of those American and European fuck" - Korean Netizen
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
Codebar 43
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1014
Mini 964
Soma 808
actioN 466
Rush 399
Light 343
Horang2 297
Stork 277
Larva 271
BeSt 264
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 237
Snow 230
hero 221
Killer 114
Barracks 106
firebathero 105
Aegong 98
Sea.KH 95
Dewaltoss 89
Zeus 82
Shine 78
JYJ 45
soO 39
Sexy 38
Sharp 37
Shinee 34
ToSsGirL 27
Bale 26
zelot 19
Rock 19
Trap 15
sorry 12
Terrorterran 12
Sacsri 12
Liquid`Ret 1
Dota 2
Gorgc7529
qojqva1774
Dendi724
420jenkins154
Counter-Strike
Fnx 784
fl0m327
x6flipin260
edward37
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5047
Khaldor708
Other Games
gofns47441
singsing1585
B2W.Neo896
byalli518
Lowko364
Mlord258
DeMusliM214
Livibee182
KnowMe171
Liquid`VortiX165
ArmadaUGS114
Trikslyr34
Chillindude14
Railgan14
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV222
BasetradeTV219
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream172
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH151
• StrangeGG 66
• mYiSmile121
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 33
• FirePhoenix10
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV391
League of Legends
• Nemesis1829
• Jankos1671
• TFBlade654
Other Games
• Shiphtur83
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 41m
Kung Fu Cup
19h 41m
The PondCast
1d 18h
OSC
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.