• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:53
CEST 10:53
KST 17:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)32Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8861 users

[Patch 10.23] Preseason Item Update Bonanza - Page 3

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
November 14 2020 10:54 GMT
#41
Amumu & Gragas this preseason are the most disgustingly overtuned champions I've ever seen.

Like... worse than league of cleavers Pantheon / Zed.
DarkCore
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany4194 Posts
November 14 2020 11:02 GMT
#42
I've seen Mummy on a few Challenger streams do very well, but what do you build on Gragas to make him so strong?
Fixed a bug where LeBlanc could lose
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-11-14 12:15:46
November 14 2020 12:07 GMT
#43
I've been going Blue Smite, Night Harvester -> Zhonya's. After that I dont really know, game is usually snowballed and over. But I dont think it's specific items that makes him strong; since most junglers have really delayed power spikes now and he is just strong early game without items he just has a lot of control early game. You have a big tempo advantage on most junglers due to mobility, range, and flexibility. Used to be you only bullied on him like this until the other guy got his jungle item. It reminds me of like S2/S3 jungle where everyone was playing like Maokai and only building like HoG / Cages / Oracles, and I think a lot of junglers are still trying to play the greedy game that was the hallmark of last season with the jungler being "the carry" on stuff like Lillia/Nidalee/Graves/Kayn/Hec. But I think the playstyle is just going hard on getting your assassin his Mythic first.

Idk, saw a pro play him on stream (I want to say Jankos? but I'm not sure, it was an EUW game on Perkz stream) and it seemed busted, so I tried it out. I've only played a few games on him, but feels like you just have so much control over the game before the other guy really has much purchased power. I lost one game really hard on him, but I kind of inted and executed as poorly as possible.

I imagine Nunu is probably busted right now as well for the same reason, although I havn't seen him personally. He might just be a better pick than Gragas. And I think this is what makes mummy and other tanks so strong right now too; he can't really get bullied as hard as before due to delayed item spikes of everyone else.
DarkCore
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany4194 Posts
November 14 2020 15:12 GMT
#44
That's interesting to know, I've seen a few Nunus on stream,, so he seems to be viable.

The funniest thing I've seen on Challenger streams is the continuing popularity of ADCs being played as supports. AP Twitch is the biggest pick, but right now I'm watching support Draven almost 1vs1 a few mid laner (it's Apocalypse, but still).
Fixed a bug where LeBlanc could lose
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
November 14 2020 19:56 GMT
#45
Played a couple of Nunu games... Gragas is a false flag. Nunu is more busted playing the same style. Played a couple of games on it, and its just sooo strong.

You just keep yourself and the other jungler poor while snowballing your assassin and he 1v9s. You get your assassin their Mythic first and the other guy can't lane, then you just roam around the map with the assassin and 2v8 before the other guy gets in the game. Their powerspikes are just so much stronger and come faster with lane gold. Its basically like guaranteeing that your mid gets to play with a second keystone while theirs doesn't.
Sent.
Profile Joined June 2012
Poland9331 Posts
November 14 2020 21:45 GMT
#46
I got autofilled to jungle and didn't get a jungle item in the recommended section. It's infuriating a company so rich can be so incompetent.
You're now breathing manually
Uldridge
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belgium5226 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-11-14 22:06:09
November 14 2020 22:05 GMT
#47
I just played a game where my juingle Zac went 2k damage/minute in a 25 minute game ...
Seems like tank junglers are pretty good. Especially if they got some self healing.
Taxes are for Terrans
Uldridge
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belgium5226 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-11-14 22:06:04
November 14 2020 22:05 GMT
#48
double post sorry.
Taxes are for Terrans
Sent.
Profile Joined June 2012
Poland9331 Posts
November 15 2020 00:28 GMT
#49
On November 15 2020 06:45 Sent. wrote:
I got autofilled to jungle and didn't get a jungle item in the recommended section. It's infuriating a company so rich can be so incompetent.


And I can't even tell at a glance which items are mythics and which are not. The new shop is sooo bad.
You're now breathing manually
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-11-15 03:18:05
November 15 2020 00:47 GMT
#50
On November 15 2020 09:28 Sent. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2020 06:45 Sent. wrote:
I got autofilled to jungle and didn't get a jungle item in the recommended section. It's infuriating a company so rich can be so incompetent.


And I can't even tell at a glance which items are mythics and which are not. The new shop is sooo bad.


Glad I'm not the only one. I'm really really not a fan of this item rework, combined with completely not touching drakes/rift herald from last season. I imagine low Elo this season will become this absurd clusterfuck combination of people who have no fucking clue what the hell is going on, and people who do but are just bad.
evilfatsh1t
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia8928 Posts
November 15 2020 02:20 GMT
#51
ive been playing normals with players ranging from silver to challengers. can confirm any game that is predominantly silver/gold is just a 15min ff stomp.
Jek
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark2771 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-11-15 03:12:36
November 15 2020 03:11 GMT
#52
The games I've played today has been 50% of the players messing around and testing new stuff and the last 50% tryharding as if their life depended on it.

On November 15 2020 09:47 chipmonklord17 wrote:
ELO

It's Elo not ELO. Reeeeeeee
- sorry, pet peeve
It's Elo not ELO - Every statiscian playing League
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-11-15 03:21:12
November 15 2020 03:18 GMT
#53
On November 15 2020 12:11 Jek wrote:
The games I've played today has been 50% of the players messing around and testing new stuff and the last 50% tryharding as if their life depended on it.

Show nested quote +
On November 15 2020 09:47 chipmonklord17 wrote:
ELO

It's Elo not ELO. Reeeeeeee
- sorry, pet peeve


I fixed it for you :D

But yeah all the norms I've played have been hard stomps in either direction. Also is AD Kat a thing or was I just getting hard trolled?
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
November 15 2020 04:26 GMT
#54
AD kat is a thing. I think it's strictly worse than AP Kat, but I'd call it "viable."

https://u.gg/lol/champions/katarina/items
starkiller123
Profile Joined January 2016
United States4030 Posts
November 15 2020 04:28 GMT
#55
On November 15 2020 09:47 chipmonklord17 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2020 09:28 Sent. wrote:
On November 15 2020 06:45 Sent. wrote:
I got autofilled to jungle and didn't get a jungle item in the recommended section. It's infuriating a company so rich can be so incompetent.


And I can't even tell at a glance which items are mythics and which are not. The new shop is sooo bad.


Glad I'm not the only one. I'm really really not a fan of this item rework, combined with completely not touching drakes/rift herald from last season. I imagine low Elo this season will become this absurd clusterfuck combination of people who have no fucking clue what the hell is going on, and people who do but are just bad.

I accidentally bough relic shield instead of doran shield in a game yesterday cause I didn't look close enough lol, took me like 3 minutes to realize what I had done
Sent.
Profile Joined June 2012
Poland9331 Posts
November 15 2020 05:48 GMT
#56
On November 15 2020 13:26 iCanada wrote:
AD kat is a thing. I think it's strictly worse than AP Kat, but I'd call it "viable."

https://u.gg/lol/champions/katarina/items


I played against one Katarina that went Duskblade first. She won, and dealing with her invisibility was pain in the ass, but we'd probably lose if she was building AP too.

I think it's safe to say that Riot will nerf some of the new items into oblivion because of one or two champions instead of gutting those problematic champions. Maybe not Katarina, but surely someone will become disgustingly overpowered. Ezreal and Yi did that in the past so maybe they'll do that again.
You're now breathing manually
Jek
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark2771 Posts
November 15 2020 06:39 GMT
#57
As long as the Lich Bane Katarina build gets obliterated I'm happy. 1k damage shunpos. Hello Riot?
It's Elo not ELO - Every statiscian playing League
evilfatsh1t
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia8928 Posts
November 15 2020 07:04 GMT
#58
On November 15 2020 13:28 starkiller123 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2020 09:47 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On November 15 2020 09:28 Sent. wrote:
On November 15 2020 06:45 Sent. wrote:
I got autofilled to jungle and didn't get a jungle item in the recommended section. It's infuriating a company so rich can be so incompetent.


And I can't even tell at a glance which items are mythics and which are not. The new shop is sooo bad.


Glad I'm not the only one. I'm really really not a fan of this item rework, combined with completely not touching drakes/rift herald from last season. I imagine low Elo this season will become this absurd clusterfuck combination of people who have no fucking clue what the hell is going on, and people who do but are just bad.

I accidentally bough relic shield instead of doran shield in a game yesterday cause I didn't look close enough lol, took me like 3 minutes to realize what I had done

i went tear instead of spellthief once. that was a pretty sad game.

also im still having trouble itemizing as ad. going for kraken seems like greeding against any team that has a decent assassin, but i just ran into a line up of sion mundo talon and went the ad steraks (forgot the name) and couldnt do shit against sion mundo. i only just realised riot totally fked mortal reminder over and now theres no way to build ad pen and grievous wounds together. so if youre an ad and you need to build those stats youre fked because you need to go 2 items to cover them and you still need the dmg/crit/as from other shit too. if youre not stomping and taking all the kills you just cant get the items up fast enough
DarkCore
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany4194 Posts
November 15 2020 08:08 GMT
#59
The shop 100% needs some fixing. Mythic items still appear in the little recommended item bar at the bottom after buying a mythic, confused me in my first game, now its just annoying. Also some champs have widly different meta builds than what is recommended, I've been using op.gg for the last few days and it really helps. None of Senna's items on op.gg appear in the 'all items', which isn't actually all items by default...

I think it's safe to say that Riot will nerf some of the new items into oblivion because of one or two champions instead of gutting those problematic champions. Maybe not Katarina, but surely someone will become disgustingly overpowered. Ezreal and Yi did that in the past so maybe they'll do that again

Some items are just stupid though, they have to be nerfed or even reworked. Imo Guinsoo is going to dominate in its current form, it vastly favours non Crit ADC, but is also very exploitable by Yas/Yone... 2 DoT items that are together stronger than old Liandries makes Brand stupid strong, I've heard two challenger plays say he could probably be played competitively. The new Lich Bane seems to be designed to be the new Akali Kata item, they make far better use of it than anyone else.
Fixed a bug where LeBlanc could lose
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
November 15 2020 15:55 GMT
#60
Wait, how does one change "all items" to display all item instead of whatever it is by default?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech93
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 370
Hyuk 240
Leta 91
910 78
Shinee 74
Mong 69
soO 62
ZerO 60
Mind 47
EffOrt 38
[ Show more ]
PianO 36
Killer 36
HiyA 34
Bale 26
Aegong 26
ToSsGirL 26
sorry 23
ZergMaN 13
Dota 2
XcaliburYe77
League of Legends
JimRising 432
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss450
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King225
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1662
Other Games
summit1g8694
olofmeister1084
singsing846
ceh9562
Happy327
crisheroes263
ArmadaUGS114
Livibee100
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick559
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream240
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH194
• LUISG 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2282
League of Legends
• Rush1526
• Jankos1304
• Stunt488
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
1h 7m
OSC
4h 7m
Stellar Fest
4h 7m
OSC
15h 7m
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.