• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:51
CEST 07:51
KST 14:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7172 users

[Patch 4.12] RIP Lucian General Discussion - Page 61

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 86 Next
miicah
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia2470 Posts
July 25 2014 05:35 GMT
#1201
☑ - Trinity Force buff before worlds
@miicah88
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
July 25 2014 06:35 GMT
#1202
On July 25 2014 14:35 miicah wrote:
☑ - Trinity Force buff before worlds


If that goes through, Corki comes back into competative play (and right before Worlds, who'd thunk?)
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
July 25 2014 06:38 GMT
#1203
On July 25 2014 09:17 Slayer91 wrote:
he beats jax and trynd in 1v1 split push, he tanks compareably to mundo/shyv and i don't know why you'd call lulu a "semi carry" when she's basically an AP-support and he rekts people like riven in teamfights

he's basically an anti melee champ

i mean ultimately the 95% of the reason you pick a champ is teamfights+laning phase and nasus is okay in laning phase and strong in teamfights in a lot of comps

interesting thing about nasus v s ryze if you do that guys strat of going flask into chalice and maxing E it actually is really strong against ryze because he's super squishy so he can't eat much E harass and he can't do shit if you push the lane hard enough
you can legit win against ryze and have like 30 cs up on him it's insane
probably good against kennen quinn as well as teemo where he demonstrated it


So just a few thoughts about the Nasus Chalice route vs Quinn. Wouldn't double doran's or Forbidden Idol be more useful in this case? I figure part of why chalice wrecks against Ryze/Teemo is because of the MR chalice provide. This seems to hold true for Kennen too.

However, Quinn is mainly AD, so the MR on chalice would go to waste. The main thing you'd want would be Mana regen. The benefit of Forbidden Idol would be it's cheaper, provides some mana regen, and gives you CDR for Q stacks. The benefit of Double Dorans would be mana regen and extra AP to push waves/do more damage with E. So, I think if you try to do this vs quinn, it might be better to go with one of those options instead. At that point though, would the investment simply be too much? Maybe a cloth5 -> glacial shrould or something would do better. :/
darkness overpowering
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 25 2014 06:42 GMT
#1204
On July 25 2014 15:35 Kinie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2014 14:35 miicah wrote:
☑ - Trinity Force buff before worlds


If that goes through, Corki comes back into competative play (and right before Worlds, who'd thunk?)

Eu already plays an insane amount of corki, Eu confirmed to win worlds if Triforce gets buff.
liftlift > tsm
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
July 25 2014 07:10 GMT
#1205
On July 25 2014 10:37 Anakko wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2014 10:22 Gahlo wrote:
On July 25 2014 10:21 Kinie wrote:
As I see it, I think Shen will get picked in a "protect the Koggles" team comp, and we'd just need to see Gragas (and maybe Mundo or Trist) get banned.

Pls, pop Shen on Twitch.


With zilean bomb and revive

Lulu top, shen jungle, zilean mid, twitch ADC. This submarine has no breaks
Glorious SEA doto
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
July 25 2014 07:17 GMT
#1206
On July 25 2014 15:38 ghrur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2014 09:17 Slayer91 wrote:
he beats jax and trynd in 1v1 split push, he tanks compareably to mundo/shyv and i don't know why you'd call lulu a "semi carry" when she's basically an AP-support and he rekts people like riven in teamfights

he's basically an anti melee champ

i mean ultimately the 95% of the reason you pick a champ is teamfights+laning phase and nasus is okay in laning phase and strong in teamfights in a lot of comps

interesting thing about nasus v s ryze if you do that guys strat of going flask into chalice and maxing E it actually is really strong against ryze because he's super squishy so he can't eat much E harass and he can't do shit if you push the lane hard enough
you can legit win against ryze and have like 30 cs up on him it's insane
probably good against kennen quinn as well as teemo where he demonstrated it


So just a few thoughts about the Nasus Chalice route vs Quinn. Wouldn't double doran's or Forbidden Idol be more useful in this case? I figure part of why chalice wrecks against Ryze/Teemo is because of the MR chalice provide. This seems to hold true for Kennen too.

However, Quinn is mainly AD, so the MR on chalice would go to waste. The main thing you'd want would be Mana regen. The benefit of Forbidden Idol would be it's cheaper, provides some mana regen, and gives you CDR for Q stacks. The benefit of Double Dorans would be mana regen and extra AP to push waves/do more damage with E. So, I think if you try to do this vs quinn, it might be better to go with one of those options instead. At that point though, would the investment simply be too much? Maybe a cloth5 -> glacial shrould or something would do better. :/


I don't think it'd work so well against Quinn. You do it against AP Teemo since he has no sustain, but if Quinn goes doran's into cutlass, she has some decent life steal. Probably better to just go for a fast frozen heart.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
schmutttt
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia3856 Posts
July 25 2014 07:41 GMT
#1207
slayer91 knows what's up, Nasus is one of the best anti-melee champs in the game.

Tryn, Jax and Irelia can all beat you up early game, tryn is the easiest to itemise against but also the scariest as he has the best sustain an is manaless. Unfortunately for those champs they all get wrecked by Nasus eventually (no 6 item melee champ beats him 1v1). I still think ryze followed by lucian are the best picks vs him, ryze especially if you have an ad mid because the Nasus will have problems itemising unless he gets super fed.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 25 2014 07:52 GMT
#1208
I'll admit, I hate playing against a nasus top, as any laner, mostly because I play a really stupidly pussy lane style that just always results in me being even in farm/gold, no matter how big of an advantage I have in matchup. So usually that leads to Nasus recking my team lategame.
liftlift > tsm
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
July 25 2014 07:57 GMT
#1209
On July 25 2014 16:52 wei2coolman wrote:
I'll admit, I hate playing against a nasus top, as any laner, mostly because I play a really stupidly pussy lane style that just always results in me being even in farm/gold, no matter how big of an advantage I have in matchup. So usually that leads to Nasus recking my team lategame.

I remember for a long time getting this idea ingrained into my mind that I can take nasus top with elise. Every time I'd get an early kill, soon get outsustained and there's a nasus 1v5ing our team while I'm dazed and confused at top.

Now normally I take jax and try to go hard at 6 and try to snowball, at my level (high gold/low plat) they're pretty shit and let themselves get killed and I try to snowball with blade.
Glorious SEA doto
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
July 25 2014 07:59 GMT
#1210
I don't like playing against Nasus because it puts pressure on me to succeed while at the same time the odds are stacked against me.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
July 25 2014 08:18 GMT
#1211
The nice point of having Nasus "counterpicking" my Irelia yesterday was that he rushed Sheen then FH, and got bopped by our AP Sion everytime he got caught in mid (sure Sion didn't 100-0 him, but dropping him to a third of his HP before ult made him much easier to kill before his team caught up).
Otherwise I don't see many people use TP offensively (heck they even TP on the cannon minion under their tower to try and deny the farm instead of the tower for the cd) so I just recall regularly if he tries to play too passive and TP for bot counterganks (or dives if we're behind) and drakes, or I just roam mid if it's being pushed.

I shoulda paid more attention to his item build, he ended up tanking as much as me (we had a jungle Yi, Jinx and support Morg so as long as we could control their Trist and avoid a 5-man shockwave we wee good to go) and I'm pretty sure he had deathcap on top of DFG. 't'was impressive to see him bullied by Orianna at the start, back, get 2 more drings+boots, and proceed to outfarm anyone into midgame while still roaming.
But since, well, it's Sion, and we went past midgame, I'd be curious to see how he transitioned.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
July 25 2014 08:29 GMT
#1212
On July 25 2014 16:57 Fusilero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2014 16:52 wei2coolman wrote:
I'll admit, I hate playing against a nasus top, as any laner, mostly because I play a really stupidly pussy lane style that just always results in me being even in farm/gold, no matter how big of an advantage I have in matchup. So usually that leads to Nasus recking my team lategame.

I remember for a long time getting this idea ingrained into my mind that I can take nasus top with elise. Every time I'd get an early kill, soon get outsustained and there's a nasus 1v5ing our team while I'm dazed and confused at top.

Now normally I take jax and try to go hard at 6 and try to snowball, at my level (high gold/low plat) they're pretty shit and let themselves get killed and I try to snowball with blade.

I always just play Renekton and just shit on him for a long ass time, if you play really aggressive(while warding ofc) you can zone him off so much cs its unreal.
and if you get a premature ult pop you can dive and kill him pretty easily too. He's surprisingly squishy early game tbh
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 25 2014 08:31 GMT
#1213
On July 25 2014 16:57 Fusilero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2014 16:52 wei2coolman wrote:
I'll admit, I hate playing against a nasus top, as any laner, mostly because I play a really stupidly pussy lane style that just always results in me being even in farm/gold, no matter how big of an advantage I have in matchup. So usually that leads to Nasus recking my team lategame.

I remember for a long time getting this idea ingrained into my mind that I can take nasus top with elise. Every time I'd get an early kill, soon get outsustained and there's a nasus 1v5ing our team while I'm dazed and confused at top.

Now normally I take jax and try to go hard at 6 and try to snowball, at my level (high gold/low plat) they're pretty shit and let themselves get killed and I try to snowball with blade.

yeah, I usually play like S2 hsgg, pick utility top lane, or something that scales insanely well in 1v1. Split farm, hope to have more impact late game due to superior play. But jesus christ my 1v1 in early game is so fucking terrible, especially with TP being insanely popular. Sometimes over extending to get that early kill in a 1v1 can seriously fuck you over in wave position.
liftlift > tsm
I_Love_Bacon
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5765 Posts
July 25 2014 08:32 GMT
#1214
Fucking bul shit. nobodh ever wants to playh
" i havent been playin sc2 but i woke up w/ a boner and i really had to pee... and my crisis management and micro was really something to behold. it inspired me to play some games today" -Liquid'Tyler
kongoline
Profile Joined February 2012
6318 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-25 08:47:30
July 25 2014 08:46 GMT
#1215
i like jayce vs nasus, because his E hurts as f and knockbacks him so after he uses his wither he cant gapclose, he is also one of those champions who can kill him no matter how tanky he gets
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
July 25 2014 09:58 GMT
#1216
--- Nuked ---
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-25 10:04:55
July 25 2014 10:02 GMT
#1217
On July 25 2014 17:46 kongoline wrote:
i like jayce vs nasus, because his E hurts as f and knockbacks him so after he uses his wither he cant gapclose, he is also one of those champions who can kill him no matter how tanky he gets

It's a good matchup for sure. W and melee E can negate wither to a certain extent, and nasus is one of the champs who can't abuse the fact that you went tear. Lategame if you go IE after the mura/brut/LW core along into ghostblade you can slaughter nasus within a range W.

Singed I'm kinda iffy on. Nasus is one of the champs who you don't want to proxy farm against because after a certain point he can just tank the creep wave, and free farming nasus is scary as fuck. 300+ bonus damage at 20 minute, 500+ at 30min nasus isn't something most teams want to deal with.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
July 25 2014 10:23 GMT
#1218
On July 25 2014 15:42 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2014 15:35 Kinie wrote:
On July 25 2014 14:35 miicah wrote:
☑ - Trinity Force buff before worlds


If that goes through, Corki comes back into competative play (and right before Worlds, who'd thunk?)

Eu already plays an insane amount of corki, Eu confirmed to win worlds if Triforce gets buff.

EU Confirmed Season 4 champions.

Triforce got buffed
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
July 25 2014 11:27 GMT
#1219
--- Nuked ---
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
July 25 2014 11:37 GMT
#1220
I don't understand how you get up 40 CS proxying against a Nasus. Unless he's terrible, he should miss next to no CS under tower, and pretty quickly should be able to start tanking non-cannon waves. I would love for a Singed to proxy against me.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 86 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 112
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1988
Shuttle 943
Dewaltoss 89
Hm[arnc] 50
Bale 29
Noble 28
ZergMaN 15
yabsab 11
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm148
League of Legends
JimRising 630
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1126
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor748
Other Games
summit1g8324
C9.Mang0309
PiGStarcraft276
Mew2King151
ViBE53
ArmadaUGS33
trigger7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream94
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 39
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2316
League of Legends
• Lourlo1136
• Rush1112
• Stunt409
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
7h 10m
OSC
16h 10m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 4h
Online Event
1d 5h
FEL
1d 10h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.