• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:36
CEST 15:36
KST 22:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)45Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8851 users

[Patch 3.09: Spirit Guard Udyr Patch] General Discussion -…

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 237 238 239 240 241 339 Next
nyxnyxnyx
Profile Joined April 2010
Indonesia2978 Posts
July 24 2013 08:14 GMT
#4761
On July 24 2013 16:57 Zdrastochye wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 16:55 nyxnyxnyx wrote:
*cringes at usage of 'peel'*


What word would you use?

I like peel to describe trying to keep my adc safe.


Referencing post above mine where peel is used as 'stop DPS'
cool beans
Kupon3ss
Profile Joined May 2008
時の回廊10066 Posts
July 24 2013 08:14 GMT
#4762
On July 24 2013 17:08 sob3k wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 16:57 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
I always use my smite leaving it one hit until death. I don't mean to, but God knows I can't stop lol


Well if you smite and it dies you probably wasted like 20 smite damage, can't have that.


Each extra second with smite off cooldown is also the same as losing 1/7 gold a second
When in doubt, just believe in yourself and press buttons
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
July 24 2013 08:17 GMT
#4763
On July 24 2013 17:08 sob3k wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 16:57 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
I always use my smite leaving it one hit until death. I don't mean to, but God knows I can't stop lol


Well if you smite and it dies you probably wasted like 20 smite damage, can't have that.

I can't live with the guilt when I do that. It keeps nagging at me forever :c
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Vanka
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
China1336 Posts
July 24 2013 08:19 GMT
#4764
On July 24 2013 17:17 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 17:08 sob3k wrote:
On July 24 2013 16:57 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
I always use my smite leaving it one hit until death. I don't mean to, but God knows I can't stop lol


Well if you smite and it dies you probably wasted like 20 smite damage, can't have that.

I can't live with the guilt when I do that. It keeps nagging at me forever :c


Stop eyeballing it and hover over your smite tooltip to see how much damage exactly it does. Fixed.
Arisen
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2382 Posts
July 24 2013 08:35 GMT
#4765
On July 24 2013 17:19 Vanka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 17:17 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
On July 24 2013 17:08 sob3k wrote:
On July 24 2013 16:57 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
I always use my smite leaving it one hit until death. I don't mean to, but God knows I can't stop lol


Well if you smite and it dies you probably wasted like 20 smite damage, can't have that.

I can't live with the guilt when I do that. It keeps nagging at me forever :c


Stop eyeballing it and hover over your smite tooltip to see how much damage exactly it does. Fixed.


Unless you're smiting your buffs, you have to eyeball it unless you have Rainman calculation powers. 5 champs constatnly hitting with seperate swing timers, damage, abilities, passives, arp, mpen, etc is a lot to take in all at once. The best you can hope for is very quickly deduce the dmg/second your entire team is doing and time it town to a 1/4 of a second or so, but even then, it's an educated guess :/
"If you're not angry, you're not paying attention"
justiceknight
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Singapore5741 Posts
July 24 2013 08:38 GMT
#4766
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-24 08:46:56
July 24 2013 08:46 GMT
#4767
^
Proof that people don't even bother to skim the last page before posting, let alone read it.
Moderator
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
July 24 2013 09:03 GMT
#4768
i love that link, im going to watch it
Useless wet fish.
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
July 24 2013 09:06 GMT
#4769
I'm gonna watch it twice, dammit
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
beefhamburger
Profile Joined December 2007
United States3962 Posts
July 24 2013 09:09 GMT
#4770
CLG finally makes it official.
http://clgaming.net/news/487-clg-brings-on-montecristo-as-coach
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 24 2013 09:24 GMT
#4771
On July 24 2013 18:09 beefhamburger wrote:
CLG finally makes it official.
http://clgaming.net/news/487-clg-brings-on-montecristo-as-coach

Why would they announce it after getting buttdevastated by VES?
liftlift > tsm
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
July 24 2013 09:27 GMT
#4772
Can't ship me off to DotA 2, who would fill the QQ thread then?

On July 24 2013 10:32 Requizen wrote:
Oh hey guys, there's this new League streamer in the sidebar!

+ Show Spoiler +

:3

Lies. You sleep too much, or too early.

On July 24 2013 12:29 obesechicken13 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 12:17 Requizen wrote:
9 viewers is most popular?

TL hates LoL haha

"She's going to hit 6 before me.. double buffs... I need to just play safe"

Holy... my opponents think like this? I just herpaderp "he's got less life than me, I can kill him!"

Had an D 5 Ahri (so possibly pl'd or simply not tryharding) with exp advantage (I died once at the start of the game) go back at me instead of disengaging when I hit a QW and started aa-ing him as Orianna. I was pretty sure I'd die since she'd get 6 first and, well, it's Ahri, so I was just shoving to try and not lose farm/exp from it. Instead of disengaging and waiting for 6 Ahri just tried to fight back, so I all-ined her, killed her, survived, and in the end hit 6 first. Rest of the laning phase didn't go well for her.
Guess he just wasn't in tryhard mode but looks weird for people not to abuse an exp advantage like that.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-24 09:34:00
July 24 2013 09:30 GMT
#4773
On July 24 2013 17:38 justiceknight wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
http://youtu.be/G6CS-ARZ67U

Watched it a few days ago. Didn't post it because I thought the information was below what I expect out of TL. ^^

On July 24 2013 18:24 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 18:09 beefhamburger wrote:
CLG finally makes it official.
http://clgaming.net/news/487-clg-brings-on-montecristo-as-coach

Why would they announce it after getting buttdevastated by VES?

Jatt kinda spilled the beans on an article about C9. No point in NOT making an announcement now.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 24 2013 09:36 GMT
#4774
On July 24 2013 18:30 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 17:38 justiceknight wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
http://youtu.be/G6CS-ARZ67U

Watched it a few days ago. Didn't post it because I thought the information was below what I expect out of TL. ^^

Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 18:24 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 24 2013 18:09 beefhamburger wrote:
CLG finally makes it official.
http://clgaming.net/news/487-clg-brings-on-montecristo-as-coach

Why would they announce it after getting buttdevastated by VES?

Jatt kinda spilled the beans on an article about C9. No point in NOT making an announcement now.

I think it was an open secret; I think most people knew since like 2nd week of LCS.
liftlift > tsm
IMoperator
Profile Joined October 2011
4476 Posts
July 24 2013 10:00 GMT
#4775
I've been having some trouble winning my lane lately without my jungler helping me out. Like, I can keep up on cs and shit, but as far as like harassing/trading/roaming I've been losing a lot. And I've always been really bad with map awareness which leads to me getting ganked a lot -_- gotta change/learn some shit I guess.
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
July 24 2013 10:01 GMT
#4776
http://ggcmontecristo.tumblr.com/post/56322312808/montecristo-weve-got-a-long-way-to-go-lets
Never change, Monte.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 24 2013 10:01 GMT
#4777
On July 24 2013 19:00 IMoperator wrote:
I've been having some trouble winning my lane lately without my jungler helping me out. Like, I can keep up on cs and shit, but as far as like harassing/trading/roaming I've been losing a lot. And I've always been really bad with map awareness which leads to me getting ganked a lot -_- gotta change/learn some shit I guess.

Wards; the farther you are in lane; the deeper you have to ward.
liftlift > tsm
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
July 24 2013 10:10 GMT
#4778
I had to watch the Jax vs Irelia fight a few times to figure out how the hell Irelia died under tower at level 3. Tanked minions (including a cannon) under tower for no reason and got super low, making her an easy easy kill.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
July 24 2013 10:11 GMT
#4779
On July 24 2013 18:36 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 18:30 Gahlo wrote:
On July 24 2013 17:38 justiceknight wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
http://youtu.be/G6CS-ARZ67U

Watched it a few days ago. Didn't post it because I thought the information was below what I expect out of TL. ^^

On July 24 2013 18:24 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 24 2013 18:09 beefhamburger wrote:
CLG finally makes it official.
http://clgaming.net/news/487-clg-brings-on-montecristo-as-coach

Why would they announce it after getting buttdevastated by VES?

Jatt kinda spilled the beans on an article about C9. No point in NOT making an announcement now.

I think it was an open secret; I think most people knew since like 2nd week of LCS.

A lot can be said for not saying anything sometimes. Often times Sports organizations with show their hands by refuting rumors too fast.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 24 2013 10:15 GMT
#4780
I don't even know what there was to hide... It's not like it would be a scandal if Monte and CLG had come out with the news like 3 weeks earlier.
liftlift > tsm
Prev 1 237 238 239 240 241 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1118
ComeBackTV 360
SteadfastSC318
TaKeTV 286
LamboSC2245
Rex113
IndyStarCraft 75
EnkiAlexander 40
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy25
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 318
LamboSC2 245
ProTech139
Rex 113
IndyStarCraft 75
BRAT_OK 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39931
Shuttle 2713
Horang2 884
Bisu 882
Mini 734
Jaedong 732
EffOrt 656
Light 518
Soma 397
Hyuk 344
[ Show more ]
BeSt 332
firebathero 322
Stork 273
Snow 192
ZerO 164
Zeus 154
Rush 153
ggaemo 140
Last 93
Leta 86
Pusan 75
Killer 70
sorry 67
hero 65
Sea.KH 58
Sharp 49
Mong 39
Mind 38
Shinee 29
soO 28
Aegong 26
ToSsGirL 25
Shine 24
Trap 23
Bale 23
Free 22
Sexy 21
NotJumperer 20
Terrorterran 19
Yoon 18
HiyA 16
JulyZerg 10
Icarus 9
Sacsri 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Noble 6
zelot 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7514
qojqva1576
Dendi922
Fuzer 141
420jenkins92
Counter-Strike
markeloff146
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2259
crisheroes1109
XaKoH 179
Other Games
gofns33496
singsing2307
olofmeister1229
B2W.Neo1054
Mlord266
DeMusliM201
Hui .154
Liquid`VortiX130
ArmadaUGS119
Mew2King111
QueenE90
ToD22
Chillindude19
ZerO(Twitch)15
Railgan11
fpsfer 1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream122
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1849
League of Legends
• Jankos2268
• Nemesis1852
• TFBlade790
Other Games
• WagamamaTV165
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 24m
Stellar Fest
23h 24m
OSC
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 20h
Online Event
1d 21h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.