• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:41
CEST 14:41
KST 21:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)41Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10000 users

[Patch 3.07: Nerf Everything Not Nami] General Discussion…

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 232 233 234 235 236 351 Next
Looks like we're back to status quo. Hope more of you lurkers unburrow and talk with us. :3

If you have any issues or comments about the new design, feel free to PM Neo.
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
June 01 2013 18:53 GMT
#4661
FBH, what a beast.
twitch.tv/cratonz
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-01 18:57:18
June 01 2013 18:54 GMT
#4662
I feel like every NA pro is way too shy/awkward to have the kind of persona that FBH had.

What do people think about Morello's comments on MR by the way? Saw it on reddit here is the quote though:

Xyph and I have been debating this one a bit. While I'm still considering a lot about MR (with Health being better, it does a lot to deal with many traditional mages), I think there's one definite problem at least; even if balanced, MR doesn't have any real big-ticket items to go "ya know, their Akali is really big and I need to deal with it" style items like Randuin's Omen.

So, we're still talking about the raw balance (likely at least close), but I do agree MR doesn't feel as good as HP or armor.


Gotta say that I really hope they don't re-introduce FoN or some other big MR item. I don't understand why I keep seeing people bitch on reddit since, imo, S3 is like the best time for people who hated playing against heavy magic dealers since we see so many more physical damage based teams and Bulwark means that teams typically have significantly more MR than they did before.

'nother edit:
I mean, if the problem is that Rumble, Ryze, and Karthus are problematic and there's no good item to reduce their consistent DPS then maybe the problem lies with Rumble, Ryze, and Karthus not with a lack of big ticket MR items.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
June 01 2013 18:56 GMT
#4663
On June 02 2013 03:54 overt wrote:
I feel like every NA pro is way too shy/awkward to have the kind of persona that FBH had.

St.V would hog 2 teams worth of booth girls, thats for sure.
liftlift > tsm
Dgiese
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2687 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-01 19:00:17
June 01 2013 18:56 GMT
#4664
Really? Ppl like aphro or saint dont strike me as shy or awkward... and certainly not ppl like prolly. Sure, I could never see the oddone or jiji doing it.

Also, how can you NOT want FON back? I just don't seem to agree with either of your points. FON was total badassery... Oh I need MR I'll get FON, what's this? Now I run faster as well? Well, now I'm extra glad I picked up these 4 zeals and mobo boots..
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-01 18:59:37
June 01 2013 18:57 GMT
#4665
On June 02 2013 03:56 Dgiese wrote:
Really? Ppl like aphro or saint dont strike me as shy or awkward... and certainly not ppl like prolly. Sure, I could never see the oddone or jiji doing it.

I thought jiji likes pussy. hue.
Xyph and I have been debating this one a bit. While I'm still considering a lot about MR (with Health being better, it does a lot to deal with many traditional mages), I think there's one definite problem at least; even if balanced, MR doesn't have any real big-ticket items to go "ya know, their Akali is really big and I need to deal with it" style items like Randuin's Omen.

So, we're still talking about the raw balance (likely at least close), but I do agree MR doesn't feel as good as HP or armor.

What is Bulwark?


Also, I'd like to see qtpie with booth girls. major lolz ensue.
liftlift > tsm
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
June 01 2013 18:58 GMT
#4666
Aphro's persona on streams is really big. But have you seen his interviews? I couldn't imagine him doing some of what FBH did.

I'll concede saint. I'm sure he could do some crazy shit.
Dgiese
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2687 Posts
June 01 2013 19:03 GMT
#4667
I mean, aphro seems chill IRL, so I don't think he would go out of his way to do a big ceremony thing... but that's not to say that I don't think he could pull it off. Like, if it was at Worlds or something, I could see it happening. Although, that being said FBH was a true master, so I don't think anyone could match his greatness, but that's not to say they wouldn't do pretty well themselves.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
June 01 2013 19:04 GMT
#4668
On June 02 2013 04:03 Dgiese wrote:
I mean, aphro seems chill IRL, so I don't think he would go out of his way to do a big ceremony thing... but that's not to say that I don't think he could pull it off. Like, if it was at Worlds or something, I could see it happening. Although, that being said FBH was a true master, so I don't think anyone could match his greatness, but that's not to say they wouldn't do pretty well themselves.

I could see Maknoon doing something pretty wild as well.
liftlift > tsm
Sajaki
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada1135 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-01 19:06:26
June 01 2013 19:04 GMT
#4669
On June 01 2013 13:06 Dgiese wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2013 09:02 Lord Tolkien wrote:
On June 01 2013 06:37 AsnSensation wrote:
So GGU apparently now called Team Coast Gaming... TCG?

I want a LoL TCG.

I cast polymerization on my Hecarim and Jarvan IV summoning GAIA THE FIERCE KNIGHT
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


[image loading]
I raise you to Gaia the Dragon Champion. And hey, Jarvan riding shyvana is even partially lore accurate.
Inno pls...
ArchAngelSC
Profile Joined April 2012
England706 Posts
June 01 2013 19:05 GMT
#4670
On June 02 2013 03:09 wei2coolman wrote:
Was watching SSL early this morning; which got me thinking. WE NEED LEAGUE GIRLS IN BOOTHS (or behind the players if no booths). The real question, 1 per team? or 1 per player?

I think you mean 3 per player, right?
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
June 01 2013 19:15 GMT
#4671
Gonna stream a bit, watch if you please.
http://www.twitch.tv/hiicantpk
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
Dgiese
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2687 Posts
June 01 2013 19:18 GMT
#4672
yeah i thought bout dragon knight, but i dunno, the dragondidnt scream shyv to me... man i wanna go download an emu and a yu gi oh game now...
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-01 19:22:26
June 01 2013 19:22 GMT
#4673
On June 02 2013 04:04 Sajaki wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2013 13:06 Dgiese wrote:
On June 01 2013 09:02 Lord Tolkien wrote:
On June 01 2013 06:37 AsnSensation wrote:
So GGU apparently now called Team Coast Gaming... TCG?

I want a LoL TCG.

I cast polymerization on my Hecarim and Jarvan IV summoning GAIA THE FIERCE KNIGHT
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

I raise you to Gaia the Dragon Champion. And hey, Jarvan riding shyvana is even partially lore accurate.


lool yu gi oh ftw
upperbound
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2300 Posts
June 01 2013 19:36 GMT
#4674
On June 02 2013 04:04 Sajaki wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2013 13:06 Dgiese wrote:
On June 01 2013 09:02 Lord Tolkien wrote:
On June 01 2013 06:37 AsnSensation wrote:
So GGU apparently now called Team Coast Gaming... TCG?

I want a LoL TCG.

I cast polymerization on my Hecarim and Jarvan IV summoning GAIA THE FIERCE KNIGHT
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


[image loading]
I raise you to Gaia the Dragon Champion. And hey, Jarvan riding shyvana is even partially lore accurate.

The rider is definitely Zed.
BlackPaladin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9316 Posts
June 01 2013 19:44 GMT
#4675
Nothing beats Much's pylon heart against FBH lolol.
"Your full potential does not matter if you do not use all 100% of it."
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
June 01 2013 20:06 GMT
#4676
Elementz is now the Coach for Coast Gaming, who were GGU. I for one like him much more as a coach rather than a player, glad to see he's staying with the scene.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
Redox
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany24794 Posts
June 01 2013 20:11 GMT
#4677
On June 02 2013 05:06 Cixah wrote:
Elementz is now the Coach for Coast Gaming, who were GGU. I for one like him much more as a coach rather than a player, glad to see he's staying with the scene.

I for one am primarily happy that a team gets a coach. Hopefully others follow.
Off-season = best season
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23440 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-01 20:11:56
June 01 2013 20:11 GMT
#4678
its hilarious the constrast between elementz and regi

regi is the succesfull skilled leader but everything things he's dumb because he's always like bro bro bro baylife
elementz is reasonably charismatic and speaks eloquently but he's relatively terrible but people like him anyway
think he'll make an OK coach, but who knows
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-01 20:17:19
June 01 2013 20:16 GMT
#4679
On June 02 2013 05:11 Redox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2013 05:06 Cixah wrote:
Elementz is now the Coach for Coast Gaming, who were GGU. I for one like him much more as a coach rather than a player, glad to see he's staying with the scene.

I for one am primarily happy that a team gets a coach. Hopefully others follow.

<insert LCS team>, please hire me...

On June 02 2013 05:11 Slayer91 wrote:
its hilarious the constrast between elementz and regi

regi is the succesfull skilled leader but everything things he's dumb because he's always like bro bro bro baylife
elementz is reasonably charismatic and speaks eloquently but he's relatively terrible but people like him anyway
think he'll make an OK coach, but who knows

nice edit
c.Deadly
Profile Joined March 2010
United States545 Posts
June 01 2013 20:21 GMT
#4680
On June 02 2013 03:54 overt wrote:
I feel like every NA pro is way too shy/awkward to have the kind of persona that FBH had.

What do people think about Morello's comments on MR by the way? Saw it on reddit here is the quote though:

Show nested quote +
Xyph and I have been debating this one a bit. While I'm still considering a lot about MR (with Health being better, it does a lot to deal with many traditional mages), I think there's one definite problem at least; even if balanced, MR doesn't have any real big-ticket items to go "ya know, their Akali is really big and I need to deal with it" style items like Randuin's Omen.

So, we're still talking about the raw balance (likely at least close), but I do agree MR doesn't feel as good as HP or armor.


Gotta say that I really hope they don't re-introduce FoN or some other big MR item. I don't understand why I keep seeing people bitch on reddit since, imo, S3 is like the best time for people who hated playing against heavy magic dealers since we see so many more physical damage based teams and Bulwark means that teams typically have significantly more MR than they did before.

'nother edit:
I mean, if the problem is that Rumble, Ryze, and Karthus are problematic and there's no good item to reduce their consistent DPS then maybe the problem lies with Rumble, Ryze, and Karthus not with a lack of big ticket MR items.


The problem with MR not "feeling" as good as HP or Armor has to do with champion design and the current metagame more than item choice. Right now there's a lot of importance in burst damage - the nerfs to resistances and aspd, buffs to % penetration, and riot's hard-on for %HP damage all contribute to this. When burst is so important, cooldowns become more valuable - you won't for instance see a Lux blow all her spells on a Renekton with 3k HP when Zed, Jarvan, Diana, etc. are lurking nearby, ready to steal her lunch money. So there's really no need for Renekton or any similar bruiser to stack MR except in some fringe cases. Against champions that do a lot of incidental magic damage - Karthus, Nasus, Malzahar, Rumble, etc - buying Spirit Visage + Hexdrinker can sometimes be warranted, but I think mitigating damage from the enemy ADC is far more important.
Prev 1 232 233 234 235 236 351 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech152
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37393
Shuttle 2512
Horang2 985
Bisu 884
Jaedong 709
Light 613
Mini 519
BeSt 354
firebathero 330
Hyuk 297
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 263
Stork 259
Zeus 216
Soma 214
ggaemo 189
Soulkey 151
Last 149
ZerO 147
Rush 145
Snow 139
Leta 114
Killer 77
Pusan 77
hero 63
Mong 39
Mind 36
Sharp 34
Shinee 30
Shine 29
soO 26
Bale 24
Aegong 24
sorry 23
ToSsGirL 22
Trap 18
Free 17
Sexy 16
Yoon 15
Terrorterran 14
PianO 13
Noble 11
HiyA 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
JulyZerg 7
zelot 6
Icarus 5
NotJumperer 0
Dota 2
Gorgc4161
qojqva1752
Dendi979
420jenkins50
League of Legends
Reynor90
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1425
x6flipin375
markeloff86
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1960
crisheroes873
Other Games
gofns35210
singsing2148
B2W.Neo777
XBOCT351
DeMusliM186
Livibee173
Mlord157
XaKoH 136
Liquid`LucifroN129
QueenE88
Mew2King83
ArmadaUGS72
Chillindude16
ZerO(Twitch)11
Railgan9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream180
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 73
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2213
• TFBlade695
Other Games
• WagamamaTV178
Upcoming Events
OSC
19m
Stellar Fest
19m
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
TaKeTV 0
OSC
11h 19m
Stellar Fest
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 21h
Online Event
1d 22h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.