• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:43
CEST 19:43
KST 02:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7892 users

[Patch 1.0.0.150: Shadow Isles] General Discussion - Page…

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 217 218 219 220 221 310 Next
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
November 06 2012 14:36 GMT
#4361
ima gurl IRL
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
November 06 2012 14:44 GMT
#4362
Ah yes, the female "WaveofMorello"
I've heard about that one.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
WilDMousE
Profile Joined July 2011
Chile1335 Posts
November 06 2012 14:44 GMT
#4363
Wave the eternal 1400
Barackopala
foxmeep
Profile Joined July 2009
Australia2337 Posts
November 06 2012 14:51 GMT
#4364
On November 06 2012 23:36 WaveofShadow wrote:
ima gurl IRL


That is the biggest lie you've told yet.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
November 06 2012 15:02 GMT
#4365
Alright, so I'm trying my best to overcome a kind of dark place right now, and I think playing with raging randoms isn't helping my state of mind at all. I'm ~1200, mainly play AD>Jungle/Top>Support>Mid, and am just wondering if any teams around my level are looking for someone to fill in. I probably won't be playing much these next couple days, but I will be later.
It's your boy Guzma!
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-06 15:19:09
November 06 2012 15:18 GMT
#4366
I had to climb out of ~1200 about a year ago myself. I kept thinking I shouldn't be at that elo, but in hindsight I really was at that skill level. I got out of it with a ton of games playing jungle/top and realizing how important communication and map objectives are, and how ridiculously powerful jungle and bruisers are at that elo. (Carries don't farm well -> they do less damage -> bruisers are in comparison even stronger.)

I realized AD is the hardest role to play at 1200. Reasons are simple: AD relies on support early game to farm in 2v2 lane, and relies on team later on to act as a meat shield for you later in the game. You are entirely reactive in positioning. Lastly, you probably don't cs that well either, so you do comparatively less damage.

If you want to play AD, I suggest you find a support to duo with who understands proper ward coverage, brush control, and when to harass/engage and when to simply protect you to let you farm. (In other words - someone who probably isn't 1200 elo.) Not many people willingly support in ranked, and from what I can see it's the least understood role, so chances are you get paired with a guy who has absolutely no interest in helping you safely farm.

All I can say is - play all the roles, communicate with the team, and ping/lead your team to global objectives. You'll improve a lot after just playing the game, even if you don't notice it at first. Good luck!
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
November 06 2012 15:47 GMT
#4367
AD is simultaneously the easiest and hardest role to win with. But no role, in my experience, can carry a shit team, except maybe high damage bruisers if the enemy team isn't competent enough to deal with them (I've had Skarner games where I could more or less 1v4 after a certain point, Jayce and Darius also get to that point).
It's your boy Guzma!
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
November 06 2012 15:54 GMT
#4368
I am very very slowly clawing my way out of about the 1000 elo range.

I was almost exclusively playing support, but I was not doing well, and I felt like the reason was that my supporting was not helpful if the ADC was often times just not any good. I really like playing Lux so I switched to Lux mid almost exclusively, and I am slowly clawing my way up the ladder, at about 1150 atm.

But, it's very true that no role can carry a shit team. I have not lost my lane once in the last 25 games, and yet I only have a 60-65% winrate in mid, and the current losses on my record are 5/2/1, 6/2/4 and 7/4/9. There are innumerable games where both top and bot lose so hard that I can't dig the team out of that hole.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
November 06 2012 16:01 GMT
#4369
On November 06 2012 23:36 WaveofShadow wrote:
ima gurl IRL


I can confirm this. Wave has a gaping vagina.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Celial
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
2602 Posts
November 06 2012 16:04 GMT
#4370
On November 07 2012 01:01 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2012 23:36 WaveofShadow wrote:
ima gurl IRL


I can confirm this. Wave has a gaping vagina.

I find your language highly offensive and disturbing. Please note that... ah who am I kidding. I don't care.
Do not regret. Always forward, never back.
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-06 16:19:28
November 06 2012 16:04 GMT
#4371
Yup, some games are not salvageable no matter what. But you'll better your chances playing a role that can initiate. It's extremely frustrating playing AD because your front line and initiators are either suicidal maniacs or completely gun shy. If you play a role that can initiate, you can lead the team around the map and control objectives, and choose when/where to engage. Honestly, playing all the roles and knowing how to lead and call objectives is the most important skill at that elo.

I went on a friend's account in that elo range and jungled Shyvana, a champion I've played once in my life. It was the easiest game I've ever played in ranked because I just ran around, pinged a lane and said gank in X, then afterwards pinged an objective (e.g. "steal their red", "force dragon", "no one bot when drag is up", or just ping a tower). Just as important, you ping when to back off. One lane was even and one lost despite my my ganks, but then I just started pushing down towers/dragons and telling them to stay grouped.

Losing a lane sucks, but it happens. You can overcome a lot of that by taking grouping, taking global gold, and catching out of position enemies.

EDIT: I found it somewhat hard to carry with AP's too, since you are limited by cds late game and tend to be squishy and can't hard initiate. Although there are champs like Ahri/Morg have tools to isolate people, and ones like Cassio/Ryze/Karthus have incredible sustained damage. I guess I'm just a better jungler than mid, since I have fairly poor mechanics and rarely dominate in lane like some of you guys. I also played a much larger pool top than I do today when lanes were more forgiving (now I mostly just play Irelia and Shen; back then I played Irelia, Jarv, Riven, Trynd, GP, Udyr, WW, etc)
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
November 06 2012 16:17 GMT
#4372
On November 07 2012 01:04 Celial wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2012 01:01 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On November 06 2012 23:36 WaveofShadow wrote:
ima gurl IRL


I can confirm this. Wave has a gaping vagina.

I find your language highly offensive and disturbing. Please note that... ah who am I kidding. I don't care.


You find gaping vagina's offensive?
Schnake
Profile Joined September 2003
Germany2819 Posts
November 06 2012 16:19 GMT
#4373
On November 07 2012 01:01 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2012 23:36 WaveofShadow wrote:
ima gurl IRL


I can confirm this. Wave has a gaping vagina.

Confirmed on Soniv's stream!
"Alán Shore" and "August Terran" @ LoL EUW - liquidparty
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
November 06 2012 16:21 GMT
#4374
On November 07 2012 01:01 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2012 23:36 WaveofShadow wrote:
ima gurl IRL


I can confirm this. Wave is a gaping vagina.

Fixed that for you.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WilDMousE
Profile Joined July 2011
Chile1335 Posts
November 06 2012 16:23 GMT
#4375
On November 07 2012 01:21 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2012 01:01 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On November 06 2012 23:36 WaveofShadow wrote:
ima gurl IRL


I can confirm this. Wave is a gaping potato.

Fixed that for you.

Fixed that for you.
Barackopala
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
November 06 2012 16:27 GMT
#4376
I really didn't want a mental image of potatos = vaginas. Thanks for that.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
WilDMousE
Profile Joined July 2011
Chile1335 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-06 16:32:30
November 06 2012 16:31 GMT
#4377
On November 07 2012 01:27 Ketara wrote:
I really didn't want a mental image of potatos = vaginas. Thanks for that.

You're the only one who can relate potato to vagina, potato is just for potato.

PS: Wave 2elopls
Barackopala
BlackPaladin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9316 Posts
November 06 2012 16:35 GMT
#4378
Ironically most nerds are stereotypically "nice guys" so there aren't any "dicks" for wave to find some loving. Poor thing. Forever a shadow.
"Your full potential does not matter if you do not use all 100% of it."
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
November 06 2012 16:38 GMT
#4379
That's definitely not true. According to the "communication" from players in online games, my mom has definitely gotten *around* with all these studs I'm in the same game with.
Argoth.
Profile Joined December 2004
Germany1961 Posts
November 06 2012 16:39 GMT
#4380
On November 07 2012 01:04 Sandster wrote:
Yup, some games are not salvageable no matter what. But you'll better your chances playing a role that can initiate. It's extremely frustrating playing AD because your front line and initiators are either suicidal maniacs or completely gun shy. If you play a role that can initiate, you can lead the team around the map and control objectives, and choose when/where to engage. Honestly, playing all the roles and knowing how to lead and call objectives is the most important skill at that elo.

I went on a friend's account in that elo range and jungled Shyvana, a champion I've played once in my life. It was the easiest game I've ever played in ranked because I just ran around, pinged a lane and said gank in X, then afterwards pinged an objective (e.g. "steal their red", "force dragon", "no one bot when drag is up", or just ping a tower). Just as important, you ping when to back off. One lane was even and one lost despite my my ganks, but then I just started pushing down towers/dragons and telling them to stay grouped.

Losing a lane sucks, but it happens. You can overcome a lot of that by taking grouping, taking global gold, and catching out of position enemies.

EDIT: I found it somewhat hard to carry with AP's too, since you are limited by cds late game and tend to be squishy and can't hard initiate. Although there are champs like Ahri/Morg have tools to isolate people, and ones like Cassio/Ryze/Karthus have incredible sustained damage. I guess I'm just a better jungler than mid, since I have fairly poor mechanics and rarely dominate in lane like some of you guys. I also played a much larger pool top than I do today when lanes were more forgiving (now I mostly just play Irelia and Shen; back then I played Irelia, Jarv, Riven, Trynd, GP, Udyr, WW, etc)

I find it kinda easy to carry with Champs like Ahri or Ryze. Lowbie games tend to go longer and Ryze just becomes such a WTFFACEROLL monster. And ppl don't see that coming. Usually you can survive your bad laning phase quite well and start to melt ppl later on.
Prev 1 217 218 219 220 221 310 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM764
TKL 244
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 764
ByuN 300
mouzHeroMarine 245
TKL 244
UpATreeSC 73
BRAT_OK 35
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19628
Calm 2997
Shuttle 1053
Horang2 443
Dewaltoss 126
Rush 105
Zeus 57
Free 42
sorry 32
Killer 25
[ Show more ]
Trap 24
ToSsGirL 19
scan(afreeca) 19
PianO 17
Bale 16
Aegong 15
Rock 13
Hm[arnc] 12
Sacsri 7
Noble 7
Dota 2
Dendi1401
League of Legends
KnowMe52
Counter-Strike
fl0m5042
pashabiceps749
Fnx 636
x6flipin274
edward17
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King57
Other Games
singsing2007
Grubby1505
Liquid`RaSZi1468
Beastyqt706
C9.Mang0279
crisheroes266
B2W.Neo216
420jenkins174
IndyStarCraft 166
dupreeh160
QueenE104
Trikslyr95
JuggernautJason11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH276
• EnkiAlexander 22
• Hinosc 12
• Reevou 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3352
• WagamamaTV498
League of Legends
• Nemesis3456
• TFBlade653
Other Games
• Shiphtur670
• imaqtpie514
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 17m
INu's Battles
17h 17m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
19h 17m
OSC
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 5h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.