• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:44
CEST 19:44
KST 02:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7892 users

[Patch 1.0.0.150: Shadow Isles] General Discussion - Page…

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 219 220 221 222 223 310 Next
Leeto
Profile Joined August 2007
United States1320 Posts
November 06 2012 18:22 GMT
#4401
A pretty good way to gain elo, at least from my own experience, is to duo queue with someone about 100 elo below you (who doesn't mind playing support) and first picking your best hero every game. I prefer to play heroes that can make big plays and influence all the lanes, such as roaming mids or ganking junglers, so that even if your other lanes are worse than their lane opponents, hopefully you can get SOMETHING to happen and at least allow them to break even if not get ahead. If my duo partner is a carry, I just constantly gank their lane and hopefully they'll snowball. If all three lanes manage to get through laning phase even or ahead, the chances of winning go up a lot. I've gained about 300 elo this way (1200 --> 1500).

This is assuming that you're at a lower elo than where you think you belong. If you're actually a 1500-level player but are at 1200, it is your responsibility to 1) never lose lane, and 2) make plays for your team. You also have to tell everyone else where to go and when, and when to fall back, since you can never rely on anyone else to have common sense. Never get caught out of position, and be patient when behind. Overall that's what worked for me. It takes a while and is frustrating as hell when your teammates are stupid but if you are consistently outplaying everyone you'll eventually move up to where you belong.
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
November 06 2012 19:03 GMT
#4402
Mid Sejuani first try: crushed 1.5k Elo Akali in mid (it's a normal though). Trading with the Akali in lane was hilarious.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
November 06 2012 19:11 GMT
#4403
On November 07 2012 03:00 Alaric wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2012 02:40 xes wrote:
JK guys, just had a game where I mattered.
Faith in soloq restored!

What are some good HP itemizations for junglers? E.g. Mundo, Maokai, Alistar all gain a lot out of HP, outside of Kindlegem + Aegis (Mundo Visage or Reverie) I find myself wishing I had ~500 more HP.

I've experimented with Sunfire on Maokai delaying Randuins for basically forever and have mixed feelings about it, mainly because I don't think it is a reliable item to build up to (e.g. in the games I got sunfire I also had money for FoN all before 30 mins). Warmog's is always fun to build too, but that one also costs too much money.

Should I just start building Mundo Visage on Mao and Ali too since it's a great MR + HP + CDR item and Ali and Mao both do have heals.

(Btw I don't really like Frozen Heart because it overcaps you on CDR and gives too much Armor when have a HoG to build Randuins anyways.)

I'm all "fuck it" to randuin's because I go philo->kindlegem on Mao (or just kindlegem on Mundo, goes to Visage if I need MR fast on top of NMM for aegis, goes to Zeke if I can someone tank anyway with just aegis) and I love the CDR on FH. You get ~8% from masteries at level 18, 15% from Shurelya, so it's only ~3% "wasted" when you get from shroud to FH, and quite late.
I'll build randuin's if needed (even 2 can't be too much in the late game) but as long as my itemization isn't too skewed (I'll often build aegis off of boots1 because mercs are so expensive so I don't like to have to itemize a lot of MR on Maokai, armor isn't as much a concern since chain vest also helps tanking towers) I don't feel that gimped for HP. Mao's heal actually doesn't really scale more with HP than it does with resistances — given the way it works, it scales much more with AS (proc it faster) and the team compositions (Ryze, Karthus, Sona even on the enemy team make you tanky as balls. It gives the same amount of EHP if you double your resistances or your HP anyway (it just that HP is an all-around more useful stat).

I often feel shorter on HP on champs such as Trundle (Trundleeeeeeeeeeee T_T) or Nocturne now that I don't build HoG on them anymore.

On another topic, 1441 and climbing. But I know my true level to be closer to 1400 than 1500 and I've got wonderful teams for the past three games so statistically I'm more likely to fail now.

Yeap, just happened. A premade that got fed, cocky, and made a lot of 2v4 awful plays then blamed us.

On nocturne and trundle i usually find myself going something like, wriggles hog(hog way earlier if i have a super good early game) then phage into aegis. never seems like i have too little hp
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
November 06 2012 19:14 GMT
#4404
This is assuming that you're at a lower elo than where you think you belong. If you're actually a 1500-level player but are at 1200, it is your responsibility to 1) never lose lane, and 2) make plays for your team.


If you're a 1500 player, that's going to happen automatically. That's what makes you not 1200. It's not like "if you are 1500 -> this", it's "if this -> 1500"
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
November 06 2012 19:18 GMT
#4405
On November 07 2012 04:14 UniversalSnip wrote:
Show nested quote +
This is assuming that you're at a lower elo than where you think you belong. If you're actually a 1500-level player but are at 1200, it is your responsibility to 1) never lose lane, and 2) make plays for your team.


If you're a 1500 player, that's going to happen automatically. That's what makes you not 1200. It's not like "if you are 1500 -> this", it's "if this -> 1500"


Any 1500 Elo player will crush any 1200 Elo player in lane.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
November 06 2012 19:19 GMT
#4406
Ya but I don't do HoG. And Trundle with that build is more or less inferior to most junglers since they'll do more damage faster and clear way better. His utility is behind because he's got no CDR so it's a pillar per fight and a contaminate that can't replace a gapcloser, basically.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-06 19:24:48
November 06 2012 19:23 GMT
#4407
HoG after Wriggle's is just downright awful at this point because of how late it is after Wriggle's. Like, we're talking about a HoG in the 15-20 minute range that breaks even at 25-30 minutes.

It's basically 800+ gold later than Philo->HoG. And every minute you delay your gp10 makes it less and less compelling.
Moderator
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-06 19:28:54
November 06 2012 19:28 GMT
#4408
Think i may be slow, but FoN removed from the game and its parts added into separate items!
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=31104797#31104797

HoG after wriggles may be awful, but then again i havent touched trundle in forever, and since i mostly play Udyr jungle anyway the way i play noct/trundle may not be efficient anymore
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
November 06 2012 19:31 GMT
#4409
FoN was always sort of a weird item, seeing as it was more or less a straight port of Hood of Defiance from DotA. The problem is that Hood's niche isn't all that useful when it's one of the only MR sources in the game and it doesn't build into anything like Hood does. Makes sense to remove it.
Moderator
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
November 06 2012 19:32 GMT
#4410
On November 07 2012 04:18 Sufficiency wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2012 04:14 UniversalSnip wrote:
This is assuming that you're at a lower elo than where you think you belong. If you're actually a 1500-level player but are at 1200, it is your responsibility to 1) never lose lane, and 2) make plays for your team.


If you're a 1500 player, that's going to happen automatically. That's what makes you not 1200. It's not like "if you are 1500 -> this", it's "if this -> 1500"


Any 1500 Elo player will crush any 1200 Elo player in lane.

I've come to agree that these types of statements are somewhat imperfect to use. "1500 ELO player" meaning what? As there are several areas of the game that you need to excel in to succeed, it's difficult to know exactly what that means.

If your hand-eye coordination, last hitting, and matchup knowledge are on par with the average 1500 ELO player, you may feel like one in lane. But that says nothing about decision making, communication, and risk-factoring, all of which may be sub-par and cost you games. So does that average one out to a "1300 ELO player"?

I used to think that because I won lane 85%+ of the time (and generally very one sided at that), that I was at least 1400 compared to the other players. But now I realize that my focus in fights is shit, I don't watch wards nearly enough, I take way too much damage from minions during trades, I don't watch my jungler to see if he's ganking (though a ping/message is usually preferred to them just running in without saying anything), and I often engage when it's not clear to my team that they should follow up.

Yet I win in nearly every 1v1 situation I've been in lately (short playing new champs/enemy getting super fed from elsewhere) against people that are supposedly at the same ELO as myself, will ward the correct spots, combo right, and have better harass. Where does that leave me? It's easier to say "I'm a X ELO player", rather than "I'm an unobservant but knowledgeable player", or "I'm a good decision maker who lacks mechanics", or "I play well by myself but have issues communicating with my team", but it isn't nearly as descriptive.

...I had a point. My gears haven't been moving correctly lately, pardon my ramble.
It's your boy Guzma!
samthesaluki
Profile Joined November 2010
914 Posts
November 06 2012 19:32 GMT
#4411
On November 07 2012 04:18 Sufficiency wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2012 04:14 UniversalSnip wrote:
This is assuming that you're at a lower elo than where you think you belong. If you're actually a 1500-level player but are at 1200, it is your responsibility to 1) never lose lane, and 2) make plays for your team.


If you're a 1500 player, that's going to happen automatically. That's what makes you not 1200. It's not like "if you are 1500 -> this", it's "if this -> 1500"


Any 1500 Elo player will crush any 1200 Elo player in lane.
wut i beat 1500 elo players in lane and im 1100
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
November 06 2012 19:34 GMT
#4412
On November 07 2012 04:31 TheYango wrote:
FoN was always sort of a weird item, seeing as it was more or less a straight port of Hood of Defiance from DotA. The problem is that Hood's niche isn't all that useful when it's one of the only MR sources in the game and it doesn't build into anything like Hood does. Makes sense to remove it.

I thought it was a pretty good item, like the ultimate +MR item, with the retarded health regen + ms stats tacked in there too.

Basically confirms 3 new items though, since he mentioned splitting all of its components up. aswell as a more than likely sorta confirmed warmogs remake
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
November 06 2012 19:35 GMT
#4413
On November 07 2012 04:28 arb wrote:
Think i may be slow, but FoN removed from the game and its parts added into separate items!
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=31104797#31104797

HoG after wriggles may be awful, but then again i havent touched trundle in forever, and since i mostly play Udyr jungle anyway the way i play noct/trundle may not be efficient anymore


Right now if you get fed, you can skip wriggles on noct and go full hard carry mode and just nuke fools every time you gank. Don't want to build HoG here, maybe an aegis to get tanky in a hurry, but not HoG.

If you don't get fed, you don't really want to build it because you're going to want the wriggles for clearing and it comes too late.

Maybe after the jungle changes come and you can get like an 8min wriggles+boots->12-13 min HoG it'll come back, but until then don't bother. HoG is only really good on GP10 junglers.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9829 Posts
November 06 2012 19:35 GMT
#4414
On November 07 2012 04:32 samthesaluki wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2012 04:18 Sufficiency wrote:
On November 07 2012 04:14 UniversalSnip wrote:
This is assuming that you're at a lower elo than where you think you belong. If you're actually a 1500-level player but are at 1200, it is your responsibility to 1) never lose lane, and 2) make plays for your team.


If you're a 1500 player, that's going to happen automatically. That's what makes you not 1200. It's not like "if you are 1500 -> this", it's "if this -> 1500"


Any 1500 Elo player will crush any 1200 Elo player in lane.
wut i beat 1500 elo players in lane and im 1100

Yea the statement is kinda false, any elo player can potentially beat any other player in lane depending on how good their mechanics are and their knowledge of the matchup.

This applies to 1200s beating 1500s and 1500s beating 2k.
boomer hands
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
November 06 2012 19:36 GMT
#4415
On November 07 2012 04:34 arb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2012 04:31 TheYango wrote:
FoN was always sort of a weird item, seeing as it was more or less a straight port of Hood of Defiance from DotA. The problem is that Hood's niche isn't all that useful when it's one of the only MR sources in the game and it doesn't build into anything like Hood does. Makes sense to remove it.

I thought it was a pretty good item, like the ultimate +MR item, with the retarded health regen + ms stats tacked in there too.

Basically confirms 3 new items though, since he mentioned splitting all of its components up. aswell as a more than likely sorta confirmed warmogs remake

I think he implied that the health regen was going into Warmog's.
It's your boy Guzma!
Dan HH
Profile Joined July 2012
Romania9246 Posts
November 06 2012 19:38 GMT
#4416
On November 07 2012 04:31 TheYango wrote:
FoN was always sort of a weird item, seeing as it was more or less a straight port of Hood of Defiance from DotA. The problem is that Hood's niche isn't all that useful when it's one of the only MR sources in the game and it doesn't build into anything like Hood does. Makes sense to remove it.

I can think of several way more weird/useless items *cough* Cloak & Dagger *cough*
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
November 06 2012 19:56 GMT
#4417
On November 07 2012 00:18 Sandster wrote:
I had to climb out of ~1200 about a year ago myself. I kept thinking I shouldn't be at that elo, but in hindsight I really was at that skill level. I got out of it with a ton of games playing jungle/top and realizing how important communication and map objectives are, and how ridiculously powerful jungle and bruisers are at that elo. (Carries don't farm well -> they do less damage -> bruisers are in comparison even stronger.)

I realized AD is the hardest role to play at 1200. Reasons are simple: AD relies on support early game to farm in 2v2 lane, and relies on team later on to act as a meat shield for you later in the game. You are entirely reactive in positioning. Lastly, you probably don't cs that well either, so you do comparatively less damage.

If you want to play AD, I suggest you find a support to duo with who understands proper ward coverage, brush control, and when to harass/engage and when to simply protect you to let you farm. (In other words - someone who probably isn't 1200 elo.) Not many people willingly support in ranked, and from what I can see it's the least understood role, so chances are you get paired with a guy who has absolutely no interest in helping you safely farm.

All I can say is - play all the roles, communicate with the team, and ping/lead your team to global objectives. You'll improve a lot after just playing the game, even if you don't notice it at first. Good luck!

I promise when S3 starts I will give a shit again and we can duo. XD
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
November 06 2012 19:56 GMT
#4418
On November 07 2012 04:38 Dan HH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2012 04:31 TheYango wrote:
FoN was always sort of a weird item, seeing as it was more or less a straight port of Hood of Defiance from DotA. The problem is that Hood's niche isn't all that useful when it's one of the only MR sources in the game and it doesn't build into anything like Hood does. Makes sense to remove it.

I can think of several way more weird/useless items *cough* Cloak & Dagger *cough*


Holy crap I completely forgot that item exists.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
November 06 2012 19:57 GMT
#4419
On November 07 2012 04:56 Sandster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2012 04:38 Dan HH wrote:
On November 07 2012 04:31 TheYango wrote:
FoN was always sort of a weird item, seeing as it was more or less a straight port of Hood of Defiance from DotA. The problem is that Hood's niche isn't all that useful when it's one of the only MR sources in the game and it doesn't build into anything like Hood does. Makes sense to remove it.

I can think of several way more weird/useless items *cough* Cloak & Dagger *cough*


Holy crap I completely forgot that item exists.

theres also moonflair spell blade and elisas miracle
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
thenexusp
Profile Joined May 2009
United States3721 Posts
November 06 2012 19:57 GMT
#4420
I bet the non-merc treads tenacity items get reworked somehow (there's no reason to make them slot-inefficient when people can always just get a merc treads)

Either that or they just remove merc treads and you have to pay for tenacity MUAHAHAHAHA


but probably the former
Prev 1 219 220 221 222 223 310 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM764
TKL 244
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 764
ByuN 300
mouzHeroMarine 245
TKL 244
UpATreeSC 73
BRAT_OK 35
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19628
Calm 2997
Shuttle 1053
Horang2 443
Dewaltoss 126
Rush 105
Zeus 57
Free 42
sorry 32
Killer 25
[ Show more ]
Trap 24
ToSsGirL 19
scan(afreeca) 19
PianO 17
Bale 16
Aegong 15
Rock 13
Hm[arnc] 12
Sacsri 7
Noble 7
Dota 2
Dendi1401
League of Legends
KnowMe52
Counter-Strike
fl0m5042
pashabiceps749
Fnx 636
x6flipin274
edward17
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King57
Other Games
singsing2007
Grubby1505
Liquid`RaSZi1468
Beastyqt706
C9.Mang0279
crisheroes266
B2W.Neo216
420jenkins174
IndyStarCraft 166
dupreeh160
QueenE104
Trikslyr95
JuggernautJason11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH276
• EnkiAlexander 22
• Hinosc 12
• Reevou 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3352
• WagamamaTV498
League of Legends
• Nemesis3456
• TFBlade653
Other Games
• Shiphtur670
• imaqtpie514
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 16m
INu's Battles
17h 16m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
19h 16m
OSC
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 5h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.