• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:40
CEST 15:40
KST 22:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9082 users

[Patch 1.0.0.150: Shadow Isles] General Discussion - Page…

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 207 208 209 210 211 310 Next
BlackPaladin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9316 Posts
November 05 2012 17:42 GMT
#4161
On November 06 2012 00:50 WaveofShadow wrote:
Ok need some advice here. Not sure if there is even any advice more my situation but I want to see if there's anything useful people can come up with.

I'm currently 1440, record high elo. I want to try and hit 1500 tonight.
Knowing that they usually shut down ranked games around 2:30 am EST and I can start playing from maybe around 7:30-8:00 PM that gives me approximately 6-7 hours of ranked games.
I need to win 5 games for 12 points each, or more if I get unlucky with 11 point wins or I lose a bunch.
Assuming 45 min per game at 6 hours (conservative estimate, maybe I'll get more) that gives me 8 games.
This means I can likely only lose one, forcing me to win 6 more games to hit that 1500 before time runs out.
I have a solid champion for each role and my winrates lately reflect as such.

I'm being pretty optimistic about this (which is really surprising considering my usual outlook, for people who know me), but I don't like the fact that my recent massive winstreak has gotten my hopes up about attaining solo queue gold. I think what I'm going to try to do is figure out at which point during the night a loss or extended game will effectively ruin my chances of attaining gold so I can relax.

I know this is a weird post/rant but I'm just trying to get in the right mindset. Any advice/thoughts or is this too inane?


I believe in you wave; follow the golden elo road
I probably can't get gold. Only have internet for like 3 hours at night and am around the same elo as you gggggg ;-;
Get gold for the both of us.
"Your full potential does not matter if you do not use all 100% of it."
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-05 17:44:32
November 05 2012 17:43 GMT
#4162
I think Sejuani was the first character I ever played haha, time to relieve the good ol' days (6 months ago)
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
HereAndNow
Profile Joined October 2011
United States185 Posts
November 05 2012 17:52 GMT
#4163
On November 06 2012 01:07 Zenithal wrote:
Should I be running Arpen runes if I want to trade in lane as ADC? Obviously AD runes are better for last hitting, but when I run them it seems like I do 0 damage when poking the enemy support/AD, or when I attack a jungler that comes to lane. Maybe I'm just bad, but I feel like I'm completely useless and do no damage as nearly any AD until I get a BFS item at least.

Arpen runes (reds and quints, no reason to use yellows/blues) will always do more damage to champions. If you can deal with harder last hitting/prefer to harass, they're better 100% of the time.
Mondieu
Profile Joined November 2011
Romania803 Posts
November 05 2012 17:54 GMT
#4164
Wow; I thought for months now that i'm safe with an 1805 ELO to get Platinum.
Guess I'll have to deal with it since I've only got 1750 now and I thought that platinum starts @ 1800.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-05 17:59:12
November 05 2012 17:57 GMT
#4165
On November 06 2012 02:29 Mondeezy wrote:
So does the season end tonight at midnight, or can we play tomorrow too? I'm a couple of wins from gold but don't get home until like 9pm pacific time...so unless I win 3 in a row I might get jewed out of the Janna skin

I don't approve of your choice of language but yeah. Same issue.

I believe in you wave; follow the golden elo road
I probably can't get gold. Only have internet for like 3 hours at night and am around the same elo as you gggggg ;-;
Get gold for the both of us.

Only 3 hours? Why?
Also we should totally duo. I'm sure that would go well.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-05 17:59:01
November 05 2012 17:58 GMT
#4166
Double post. I'm dumb.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Tooplark
Profile Joined October 2008
United States3977 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-05 18:00:18
November 05 2012 17:59 GMT
#4167
Well, I will warn you that top Sej doesn't work at all. I can't think of a single vaguely common top laner that she beats.

The problems with mid Sej:
Getting close to the other laner is really hard. If you use Q to get close to the enemy, you blow through your mana pool extremely fast and your only escape is on cooldown for the next 15ish seconds.
Your damage is subpar. Either you're maxing E, where your damage is good but not great, or you're maxing W, where your damage requires you to sit next to the enemy for 5 seconds. With W you're likely to eat a combo on the way in and a spell or two on the way out, so you get outtraded pretty quickly. With E you're just going to lose on mana efficiency alone, as well as an inability to safely engage/harass/clear waves.

pig lady is boss on dominion though, give it a try
WHAT POW'R ART THOU WHO FROM BELOW HAST MADE ME RISE UNWILLINGLY AND SLOW
MooMooMugi
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States10531 Posts
November 05 2012 18:00 GMT
#4168
Verdict of mid Sejuani: Dont play her unless you're scarra
|LoL & SC2 IGN both my username| Just livin' the baylife| Hearthstone ID: MooMooMugi#1544| Dank Memer since 2011
Inschato
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada1349 Posts
November 05 2012 18:09 GMT
#4169
On November 06 2012 03:00 MooMooMugi wrote:
Verdict of mid Sejuani: Dont play her unless you're scarra

What's your verdict on mid GP or mid Lee Sin(may he die in a fire... lololol lore)

..I won a game once as mid Renekton. Don't remember who I was against, maybe Annie. Probably a really bad Annie.
3.
Abenson
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada4122 Posts
November 05 2012 18:17 GMT
#4170
On November 06 2012 03:09 Inschato wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2012 03:00 MooMooMugi wrote:
Verdict of mid Sejuani: Dont play her unless you're scarra

What's your verdict on mid GP or mid Lee Sin(may he die in a fire... lololol lore)

..I won a game once as mid Renekton. Don't remember who I was against, maybe Annie. Probably a really bad Annie.


Mid GP is really, really strong. Same level of ungankable as Morg, and has so much poke and lane dominance. Also has a global ult.

The only game i played GP mid was in 1300 ranked, where I played vs. a morg that kept trying to shield my Q ._.
Inschato
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada1349 Posts
November 05 2012 18:19 GMT
#4171
Haha. Even if GP's Q was magic damage I can't imagine myself reliably shielding it. But since it's physical that's just stupid... does it stop his passive though?
3.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
November 05 2012 18:19 GMT
#4172
On November 06 2012 03:17 Abenson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2012 03:09 Inschato wrote:
On November 06 2012 03:00 MooMooMugi wrote:
Verdict of mid Sejuani: Dont play her unless you're scarra

What's your verdict on mid GP or mid Lee Sin(may he die in a fire... lololol lore)

..I won a game once as mid Renekton. Don't remember who I was against, maybe Annie. Probably a really bad Annie.


Mid GP is really, really strong. Same level of ungankable as Morg, and has so much poke and lane dominance. Also has a global ult.

The only game i played GP mid was in 1300 ranked, where I played vs. a morg that kept trying to shield my Q ._.

i love anytime youre playing vs morg as gp and they try to shield your q
makes me laugh so hard haha.
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
zodde
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden1908 Posts
November 05 2012 18:23 GMT
#4173
If she doesn't need to mana for anything else, it does actually stop GPs passive from going off ^^
Kouda
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States2205 Posts
November 05 2012 18:24 GMT
#4174
On November 06 2012 01:58 bmn wrote:
So, uh, random question:

At low-ish elo (1300ish), if I want to
- have the largest impact on my games when I'm ahead
- be able to catch up when I'm behind (because let's be honest, I'd not be at this elo if I always won lane)
is flash/teleport generally a good choice over more aggressive ignite/flash (or similar) picks?

Or should I only go flash/teleport if I'm either going for a farm lane (bankplank, malphite), have a ridiculously easy lane anyway (e.g. nunu vs malph), or want to split push/teleport gank (nobody expects the teleport+ult malph gank!)

For some reason the asshole burst champions (that's you, Darius) really don't suit my play style, but I do like the asshole sustained damage champions (Rumble, Nunu) and lately also more farm-oriented ones (Bankplank, Malph).

While teleport is almost always useful, I've lately also had my share of lanes that I lost hard because Darius/Jax/etc. snowballed after an early kill which they only got because I had no ignite; I also noticed that good laners abuse my summoner choices by being more aggressive than they could usually get away with.
On the other hand, teleport has helped me when I get camped -- if I survive the ganks, recalling for health and sustain items usually puts me ahead, as the other laner will lose experience when he goes back.


GUYS I GOT THIS. I WAS IN THE SAME EXACT SITUATION.

I run flash/ignite on heavy trading/aggressive top laners like Riven/Darius/etc. I run flash/tp on champions that scale harder than my lane opponent and that I am confident at turning into a farm lane with. ie, whenever I play Irelia I run flash/tp and farm and wait for a countergank opportunity.

iunno, if you're confident in winning/going equal in lane without ignite. TP is better based on pure utility / usefullness late game.
MooMooMugi
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States10531 Posts
November 05 2012 18:32 GMT
#4175
On November 06 2012 03:09 Inschato wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2012 03:00 MooMooMugi wrote:
Verdict of mid Sejuani: Dont play her unless you're scarra

What's your verdict on mid GP or mid Lee Sin(may he die in a fire... lololol lore)

..I won a game once as mid Renekton. Don't remember who I was against, maybe Annie. Probably a really bad Annie.

Verdict of mid LeeSin: Dont play him unless you're froggen
Verdict of mid GP: Dont play him unless you're nientensoh or ChrispySC
|LoL & SC2 IGN both my username| Just livin' the baylife| Hearthstone ID: MooMooMugi#1544| Dank Memer since 2011
HeroHenry
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1723 Posts
November 05 2012 18:33 GMT
#4176
Can anyone tell me what is a good rune and mastery setup for on-hit teemo. I went 14/16/0 with ad runes and it didn't feel very effective.
MooMooMugi
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States10531 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-05 18:35:05
November 05 2012 18:34 GMT
#4177
21/0/9 Double Penetration + Lifesteal/Arpen for offense, 4/4 MS for utility
Atk spd reds, armor yels, mr blues, ms quints for maximum l0lages
|LoL & SC2 IGN both my username| Just livin' the baylife| Hearthstone ID: MooMooMugi#1544| Dank Memer since 2011
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
November 05 2012 18:37 GMT
#4178
On November 06 2012 03:32 MooMooMugi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2012 03:09 Inschato wrote:
On November 06 2012 03:00 MooMooMugi wrote:
Verdict of mid Sejuani: Dont play her unless you're scarra

What's your verdict on mid GP or mid Lee Sin(may he die in a fire... lololol lore)

..I won a game once as mid Renekton. Don't remember who I was against, maybe Annie. Probably a really bad Annie.

Verdict of mid LeeSin: Dont play him unless you're froggen
Verdict of mid GP: Dont play him unless you're nientensoh or ChrispySC


Honestly GP, Lee Sin, and bruiser mid in general is a lot different from Sejuani mid. You can win mid lane fairly easy as a lot of bruisers because AP mid laners aren't used to someone who can just shrug off and ignore their damage while also being able to burst them down in one combo from full HP.

You don't have to be pro to mid lane a bruiser, you just better hope the rest of your team doesn't feed and is actually willing to push the mid game advantage you've set up by shutting down their mid laner.
Promises
Profile Joined February 2004
Netherlands1821 Posts
November 05 2012 18:45 GMT
#4179
On November 06 2012 03:00 MooMooMugi wrote:
Verdict of mid Sejuani: Dont play her unless you're scarra


Wait what? Scarra played Sejuani?
To be honest tho, I think Sejuani isnt a bad champion, she just has some fairly obvious glaring issues.
1. Mana. To clear decently quickly you burn like half your mana-bar on wraiths. This is ridiculous. Halving all the mana costs on Sejuani, at least early on, would help a lot.
2. Early base stats. I don't know of any jungler that starts cloth 5pots and still end up without pots and low health at level 4, exept for Sejuani. She could do with a boost in base stats so that her early jungle isnt so insanely shit.

I think just fixing these two would slightly fix the horrible early game that Sejuani has at the moment, and altho she'll stay vulnerable to counterjungling there are more champions that have that flaw. Her ult is very good, and I think she can be quite a good jungler/tank late game, the problem is just getting there. It could be argued that she also needs some CDR on her charge, but I'm not sure if the above 2 changes alone wouldnt be enough.
I'm a man of my word, and that word is "unreliable".
Mondeezy
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1938 Posts
November 05 2012 18:52 GMT
#4180
On November 06 2012 02:57 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2012 02:29 Mondeezy wrote:
So does the season end tonight at midnight, or can we play tomorrow too? I'm a couple of wins from gold but don't get home until like 9pm pacific time...so unless I win 3 in a row I might get jewed out of the Janna skin

I don't approve of your choice of language but yeah. Same issue.

Show nested quote +
I believe in you wave; follow the golden elo road
I probably can't get gold. Only have internet for like 3 hours at night and am around the same elo as you gggggg ;-;
Get gold for the both of us.

Only 3 hours? Why?
Also we should totally duo. I'm sure that would go well.


Sorry about that - didn't mean to be offensive, just poor word choice and rushing around at work, haha. Thanks for the response.. Looks like ill be grinding out what I can in 3 hours!
LoL NA: Mondeezy - TL - Riven <3
Prev 1 207 208 209 210 211 310 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs herOLIVE!
IntoTheiNu 1442
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 248
MaxPax 149
Rex 92
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 66520
Calm 3681
Shuttle 3037
Bisu 2044
FanTaSy 1568
EffOrt 447
Soma 333
Stork 318
Mini 309
Hyuk 270
[ Show more ]
firebathero 259
Rush 238
Light 236
ZerO 166
Snow 143
Last 139
Soulkey 137
Zeus 103
actioN 103
Barracks 102
Killer 74
hero 70
Dewaltoss 61
Sea.KH 59
Mong 54
Pusan 46
Hyun 44
sorry 43
Shinee 42
ToSsGirL 37
Bale 33
NotJumperer 32
Free 30
Shine 27
Yoon 26
PianO 22
Aegong 20
Sharp 19
yabsab 18
zelot 14
HiyA 12
Sacsri 10
Noble 6
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc6676
Dendi814
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1367
kRYSTAL_138
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko440
Other Games
gofns40394
singsing2135
B2W.Neo671
hiko384
crisheroes288
DeMusliM226
Livibee196
byalli195
Hui .157
Liquid`VortiX94
Mew2King88
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV216
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 35m
Replay Cast
9h 20m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.