• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:46
CEST 22:46
KST 05:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6185 users

[LiquidParty] DotA2 Learning Group ^.^ - Page 34

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 57 Next
While this thread is labeled "DotA2", this is in fact a community thread first. Many of the users in the TL LoL subforum have been playing as friends for over a year now, so it makes logical sense that they would want to play other games together.

Do not compare DotA2 to LoL, you will get banned.

TL LoL veterans know what is expected. Newcomers be warned.

gl hf
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
October 18 2012 23:14 GMT
#661
On October 19 2012 06:13 kainzero wrote:
I miss the sustain in DotA. I'll eat harrass in lane in League and be like "Nah it's all good I'll just regen it back some how. oh wait..."

DotA has apparently made my early game in LoL much worse as I almost always die once or twice for no reason. But my teamfight, midgame and lategame have become wayyy stronger.

Interesting. I and my friends have the opposite issue. I find that it's much MUCH easier to die early game in DotA than in LoL since nukers are so strong in terms of raw damage in DotA earlier on.

And while natural regen in LoL is pathetic compared to natural regen in DotA, health pots are super cheap so regen-wise I don't find it that different. I do love the salves in DotA tho x]
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
October 18 2012 23:14 GMT
#662
On October 19 2012 08:14 Ryuu314 wrote:
And while natural regen in LoL is pathetic compared to natural regen in DotA, health pots are super cheap so regen-wise I don't find it that different. I do love the salves in DotA tho x]

You can't Bottle-Crow or buy Tranquil Boots in LoL.
Moderator
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
October 18 2012 23:18 GMT
#663
Yeah, being pinned to your tower in league at 25% and being stuck with "TP back to regen and lose 2 waves of farm/xp" or "die to dive and THEN lose 2 waves of farm/xp" doesn't really exist in DotA. ITS OKAY I GOT MY TRUSTY CROW <3
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
October 18 2012 23:19 GMT
#664
On October 19 2012 08:14 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2012 08:14 Ryuu314 wrote:
And while natural regen in LoL is pathetic compared to natural regen in DotA, health pots are super cheap so regen-wise I don't find it that different. I do love the salves in DotA tho x]

You can't Bottle-Crow or buy Tranquil Boots in LoL.

I'm nub so I don't bottle-crow, but good point about tranq boots forgot about that. I very rarely get it unless I'm playing a carry tho...
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
October 19 2012 00:56 GMT
#665
On October 19 2012 08:14 Ryuu314 wrote:
Interesting. I and my friends have the opposite issue. I find that it's much MUCH easier to die early game in DotA than in LoL since nukers are so strong in terms of raw damage in DotA earlier on.

You say it's much easier to die, I say it's much easier to kill =)

It seems in early DotA that when you get the first stun/initiate you are almost always guaranteed to have an advantage, but in LoL you have to know the matchup to know whether or not that stun will net you a kill, so I tend to go hyper aggressive and die because of the counter-initiation. And I forget about the jungler sometimes since the lanes in my MM bracket are almost always 2-1-2 and the jungler only ganks safe lane/mid.

But, I sure feel like a boss when I last hit in League after playing DotA 2. No input delay and super smooth/instant attack animations? Hell yeah. Anivia has nothing on Lina.
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-22 00:55:01
October 20 2012 09:26 GMT
#666
a magical dota2 appeared in my steam inventory, so pm me if you are a LoL forum regular and want it.
dooshplayer
Profile Joined August 2012
179 Posts
October 21 2012 19:47 GMT
#667
On October 19 2012 08:19 Ryuu314 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2012 08:14 TheYango wrote:
On October 19 2012 08:14 Ryuu314 wrote:
And while natural regen in LoL is pathetic compared to natural regen in DotA, health pots are super cheap so regen-wise I don't find it that different. I do love the salves in DotA tho x]

You can't Bottle-Crow or buy Tranquil Boots in LoL.

I'm nub so I don't bottle-crow, but good point about tranq boots forgot about that. I very rarely get it unless I'm playing a carry tho...


its not worth it to bottle crow unless you can do it quickly, same with arcane boots and tranquil disassembling
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
October 21 2012 22:04 GMT
#668
On October 22 2012 04:47 dooshplayer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2012 08:19 Ryuu314 wrote:
On October 19 2012 08:14 TheYango wrote:
On October 19 2012 08:14 Ryuu314 wrote:
And while natural regen in LoL is pathetic compared to natural regen in DotA, health pots are super cheap so regen-wise I don't find it that different. I do love the salves in DotA tho x]

You can't Bottle-Crow or buy Tranquil Boots in LoL.

I'm nub so I don't bottle-crow, but good point about tranq boots forgot about that. I very rarely get it unless I'm playing a carry tho...


its not worth it to bottle crow unless you can do it quickly, same with arcane boots and tranquil disassembling

Just be clever with the courier as a resource. Someone from sidelane just got their shit? Bottlecrow. All lanes looking cool? Bottlecrow.

Saying that it's "not worth it" when there are lots of matchup where it's necessary is kinda short-sighted.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
November 26 2012 07:58 GMT
#669
Updated the items guide in light of 6.75/6.76 changes.

Though really this is a shameless bump because I keep seeing LoL players posting to learn about DotA 2 without realizing this thread exists.
Moderator
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
November 26 2012 08:06 GMT
#670
Nothing shameless about it. We welcome Dota2 players ironically enough. ;o
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 26 2012 08:31 GMT
#671
I have three beta invites if there are LoL players looking to try DotA 2 who somehow haven't picked up an invite in the deluge that happened a week or so ago.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
greggy
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom1483 Posts
December 09 2012 21:13 GMT
#672
the channel seems to be rather empty, even before the s3 patch came out =/
Kunkle
Profile Joined August 2012
Germany10 Posts
December 26 2012 16:45 GMT
#673
Hey everyone!
I wanted to introduce myself real quick.

My ID is Kunkle and I mainly play SC2. A few days ago friends kind of introduced me to Dota 2 though. By joing LP I hope that I get more opportunities to play and work on the basics. Dota 2 is the first MOBA I ever played, so basically I suck. I am eager to improve though. Looking forward to playing with you guys at some point in time.

~Kunkle
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
January 02 2013 16:10 GMT
#674
Bumping and asking a question because one of my New Year's Resolutions is learning DotA2. Is it easier to focus on a hero or two to learn at first, or is it worthwhile to just try multiple as long as they aren't TOO tough (like Chen, TA, Syllabear, other things that seem impossible)? If you're going to do pub games and not TL in-houses, what's the best way to practice in PvP? (I've done a lot of last hitting/denying in alone/bot games)

I also think this should be stickied, but that's at least partially because I hate looking for it whenever it gets deep in the old posts.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
January 02 2013 16:24 GMT
#675
On January 03 2013 01:10 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Bumping and asking a question because one of my New Year's Resolutions is learning DotA2. Is it easier to focus on a hero or two to learn at first, or is it worthwhile to just try multiple as long as they aren't TOO tough (like Chen, TA, Syllabear, other things that seem impossible)? If you're going to do pub games and not TL in-houses, what's the best way to practice in PvP? (I've done a lot of last hitting/denying in alone/bot games)

I also think this should be stickied, but that's at least partially because I hate looking for it whenever it gets deep in the old posts.

Nah, we're way too lazy lately about actively keeping this up as an actual learning group to deserve a sticky. =P ... If you like to play some games with us make sure to add some people from the group and keep bugging those guys for games.

As for heroes, "it depends". Personally I enjoyed walking through heroes at first (learn what skills do, learn basic item builds) just to get a feel for what who does and how this whole thing works. Once I felt that I had a basic grasp about builds and stopped dieing to spells I didn't know about I switched to randoming it out.

Imo stay away from 1st position carries when you aren't playing with people who can back you up, that's probably the most frustrating role without solid teamplay.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
January 02 2013 16:52 GMT
#676
Just try to play every heroes that look fun to you
but yeah, avoid meepo/invoker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
January 02 2013 17:17 GMT
#677
On January 03 2013 01:52 Erasme wrote:
Just try to play every heroes that look fun to you
but yeah, avoid meepo/invoker


Damn they just all do. Been watching so many LD casts at work so this game has gotten in my brain. Last thing I need is another eSport to follow rabidly AND play, and yet...
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
January 02 2013 18:13 GMT
#678
On January 03 2013 01:52 Erasme wrote:
Just try to play every heroes that look fun to you
but yeah, avoid meepo/invoker

You what why here?

On December 31 2012 23:31 Erasme wrote:
cbb to save it
happy new year tl dota
+ Show Spoiler +
DEATH TO OUR MORTAL ENNEMY TL LOL

Welcome. =D
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
January 02 2013 19:16 GMT
#679
the chatroom is always dead and no one asks me to play, lol.

don't avoid meepo or invoker. if you think they're fun then play them. everyone told me invoker was hard but he's one of my favorites to play and after 5 or so games you can hit a comfort level with him.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
January 02 2013 20:38 GMT
#680
On January 03 2013 04:16 kainzero wrote:
the chatroom is always dead and no one asks me to play, lol.

don't avoid meepo or invoker. if you think they're fun then play them. everyone told me invoker was hard but he's one of my favorites to play and after 5 or so games you can hit a comfort level with him.

Be proactive. I keep saying that most of the guys who started with this initiative have each other added and just msg around when someone wants people to play with. Add guys you see playing in the group and bug them for games, maybe even ask for newer new guys in this thread, ask people for steam IDs, etc. etc.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 57 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 495
ProTech169
Railgan 77
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1465
Trap 28
Bale 16
Dota 2
420jenkins536
Counter-Strike
fl0m4322
Fnx 630
minikerr2
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4418
Liquid`Hasu630
Other Games
summit1g4920
Liquid`RaSZi1780
FrodaN817
B2W.Neo488
XaKoH 278
ToD241
C9.Mang0114
RotterdaM97
QueenE65
JuggernautJason49
Mew2King32
PPMD22
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV235
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream16
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21197
Other Games
• Shiphtur1076
• imaqtpie840
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 14m
Patches Events
19h 14m
The PondCast
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 14h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.