- Rate limit your requests to no more than 1 request per 2 seconds.
- Use a custom HTTP "User-Agent" header in your requests that identifies your project / use of the API, and includes contact information. Example: "User-Agent: LiveScoresBot/1.0 (http://www.example.com/; firstname.lastname@example.org)".
- Your client must accept gzip encoding (supply an "Accept-Encoding: gzip" HTTP header with every request).
- API "action=parse", "action=ask" and "action=askargs" requests should not exceed 1 request per 30 seconds as these are more resource intensive.
- Re-use / cache your API results for as long as possible - do not issue repeated requests which return the same data.
- Only use authenticated (logged in) API calls when necessary - this allows improved caching of commonly requested endpoints.
- Remember that Liquipedia content is licensed under CC-BY-SA 3.0, which requires that you attribute Liquipedia as the source of your data. See Liquipedia:Copyrights for more information.