• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:23
CEST 18:23
KST 01:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9711 users

Heroes Large General Thread - Page 141

Forum Index > Heroes of the Storm
9055 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 139 140 141 142 143 453 Next
Add yourself in the TL Player list if you want to play with TL people, and /join teamliquid channel ingame. Also check out the new Heroes Liquipedia.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-18 04:03:52
October 18 2014 04:03 GMT
#2801
1080p vs 4k downscaled

CPU limited on Haswell and a 970

[image loading]

I can't show the actual DSR filter because you can't screenshot it. I just grabbed the image @4k and downscaled it by 0.5x on each axis with paint.net supersampling

Look at Tassadar shoulders and also the weapon at bottom left
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
FHDH
Profile Joined July 2014
United States7023 Posts
October 18 2014 04:44 GMT
#2802
HotS aping the League business model is folly. People in sufficient numbers are still willing to pay for an occasional box and $15/mo for WoW exclusively because of personal investment and social ties. LoL has these. Most MMOs do not. HotS does not. I had hoped HotS would succeed but these aspects have made me doubt it will.
После драки кулаками не машут (Don't shake your fist when the fight is over)
Deleted User 26513
Profile Joined February 2007
2376 Posts
October 18 2014 04:49 GMT
#2803
Yeah sure... Blizzard game won't sell well. Nice joke.
Thalandros
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Netherlands1151 Posts
October 18 2014 04:50 GMT
#2804
To whoever Cyro and me played on Heroes and made Cyro feel e-famous, it was a good game (Spaylz & Sohma I believe!)

Also Tassadar is great, but can't wait to try both Abathur and Arthas out more. I really think if they want to make this game an actual success, they've got to drop prices a little. They might because this is still Alpha!
|| ''I think we have all experienced passion that is not in any sense reasonable.'' ||
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-18 05:04:02
October 18 2014 04:53 GMT
#2805
Heya Spaylz!

[image loading]

Funny to run into TL people and be e-famous ;d I was going to add people after game but i messed it up and left.

112fps at 4k baby

Who else plays? Go add me at Arcblade_Tank (Cyro) on skype!
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Spaylz
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan1743 Posts
October 18 2014 05:08 GMT
#2806
Hi guys : )

It was Sohma, HacK and I. We were three frenchies.

It was a good game. To be honest, I wasn't completely in it as I had a bad headache, but we still made it.

I'm glad I made you feel so damn important! Thalandros managed to add me, but I didn't check how to do it myself for Cyro.

I believe this is the first time I've run into TL people. It was bound to happen!
I like words.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
October 18 2014 05:40 GMT
#2807
Hai ;3
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
October 18 2014 07:06 GMT
#2808
WTB Friends for sweet, sweet friend XP. deth2munkies#1643.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
October 18 2014 07:11 GMT
#2809
added
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
October 18 2014 08:36 GMT
#2810
Grab Dragon Knight, immediately get DC'd by server (srsly, watching Twitch stream w/ no lag while it happened). Welp, tonight is a fucking bust.

Also didn't get your friend invite.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-18 12:41:58
October 18 2014 09:25 GMT
#2811
Maybe it doesn't work cross region. I thought the tech alpha was multi-region though

I added you Spaylz from the suggested friends list (1 mutual)



glorious 4k ;d

new nvenc is gooood
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-18 14:06:17
October 18 2014 14:01 GMT
#2812
The LoL model is like it is because people didn't know there was a better model at the time. Dota has shown you can have a vastly superior model that still nets them more average monetization.


I don't see any evidence that it is vastly superior. DOTA does has a marginally higher revenue-to-users ratio, however, it's debateable whether they are comparable as the average LOL player might be more casual/younger (thus lower salary) than the average DOTA player.
From my own perspective, I would never in a million years purchase a skin - couldn't care less - but I could definitely see myself purchase a couple of champions in League.

Moreover, I actually think a lot of gamers like the unlock-feeling as it does add an incentive-structure (though I am not a fan of masteries and runes). Another advantage is that it reduces the learning curve when you play against the same champions over and over when you just start out which makes it easier to learn how to dodge skillshots. If you played against a new champion each game, it would be harder for newer players to pick up the game.
Joedaddy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1948 Posts
October 19 2014 03:55 GMT
#2813
Quick Question~ Climbing up the MMR chain... what is the most impactful hero I can play? Meaning, what hero do I have the best chance of carrying my team with and being the biggest difference maker?
I might be the minority on TL, but TL is the minority everywhere else.
Kirsed
Profile Joined May 2013
9381 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-19 04:58:27
October 19 2014 04:57 GMT
#2814
I play this with my cousin like once a week. Where can I find the optimal builds? I don't really care to learn the game I just want lazy optimization.
Joedaddy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1948 Posts
October 19 2014 05:18 GMT
#2815
On October 19 2014 13:57 kirsed wrote:
I play this with my cousin like once a week. Where can I find the optimal builds? I don't really care to learn the game I just want lazy optimization.



This site is about as good as I've found
I might be the minority on TL, but TL is the minority everywhere else.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
October 19 2014 06:17 GMT
#2816
On October 19 2014 12:55 Joedaddy wrote:
Quick Question~ Climbing up the MMR chain... what is the most impactful hero I can play? Meaning, what hero do I have the best chance of carrying my team with and being the biggest difference maker?

Tassadar. He can do pretty much everything that your team needs.
Kirsed
Profile Joined May 2013
9381 Posts
October 19 2014 06:26 GMT
#2817
On October 19 2014 14:18 Joedaddy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2014 13:57 kirsed wrote:
I play this with my cousin like once a week. Where can I find the optimal builds? I don't really care to learn the game I just want lazy optimization.



This site is about as good as I've found



Cool thank you.
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-19 11:52:04
October 19 2014 11:49 GMT
#2818
On October 18 2014 11:36 TheDougler wrote:
God I hate hopping into a thread and alienating myself... But honestly I think Diamond has a point.

I want a successful Blizzard Moba. The most successful moba (financially) is LoL, so I'm fine with Blizzard using their business model. I'm not one to pay money for microtransactions but obviously many people do, and if Blizzard can make a quick buck off of them I'm all for it. Another player in the competition for best MOBA means competition which leads to a better player/spectator experience. If they fuck up, people will play LoL or DoTA and it's no big deal for us as consumers.

That's my stance anyway.

So here is the potentially large problem with Blizzards gold model as of right now of buying heroes, even disregarding the fact that gold is too little or that the heroes are too expensive.

LoL was the first MOBA game to succesfully employ the iteration of the f2p model. Grinding for runes/champs etc. There were very little good alternatives at the time(Dota 2 wasn't out yet) and so it grew steadily as the only one with such a payment model. Nowaydays a large portion of the people play League and a significant portion plays Dota as well. You want to draw the people away from LoL and Dota potentially in order to get them to play HOTS and reap in the monies.

The payment system for Dota 2 works well for Dota 2 because they have Steam so people installing Dota 2 are more likely to use Steam and thus generate more Steam value. People from League who want to try out Dota have full access to everything Dota 2 has to offer except for cosmetics, this means that they have smaller switching costs. They have to give up their League account which they spend countless of hours in or they can simply play both(not possible for Dota players the other way around btw).

However people from League who want to switch to HOTS(and, being the largest demographic is the one you will want to bring to HOTS). Have massive switching costs. They spend countless hours on League and now in order to fully play HOTS they have to spend countless hours on HOTS, this is a huge barrier of entry to anyone who played League before and is used to having a significant portion of the game unlocked(they played for it a ton but as of that moment they have a wide array of options). Thus this means that the switching cost of people from League to HOTS are incredibly high. As Kuponss pointed out, Riot was only able to be succesful with the current model simply because they were the first and have such market position. Even now there are discussions and people getting angry at Riot's model for newer players since you have to grind so much. For example Riot has region locks, thus everything I work on on my EU account does not transfer to my NA account, it is a huge barrier of entry to play with my friends and a detriment to my enjoyment if I ever want to play on a different region. Simply because I have to grind everything again and spend countless hours(or countless dollars) in order to play. Having to grind in League and then switch to more grinding in HOTS is simply a very large barrier to entry.

Blizzard's unique game modes and short duration of games coupled with their franchise needs to be able to help people cross that barrier, but I am not sure if that is actually possible. So you have to rely on an unsaturated demographic (the market from people who don't play moba's currently and or don't want to play 40 minutes but 20 minute games), the rest of it is going to be the Blizzard fanbase.

You can't just copy the most succesful business mode blindly without taking into account in what position Riot was when it employed that business model and what position HOTS is in right now. The model would have worked if Blizzard was the first but they are not, they are not even the second or the third.
WriterXiao8~~
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
October 19 2014 16:29 GMT
#2819
Kipsate, I think you are badly underestimating Blizzard's position. They have some huge advantages that will help them break into the market, including brand name, reputation, a large installed fan base, and a fresh product. LoL is an old product. Yeah, there are a lot of people who are heavily invested in it, but for how long do you think people will want to stick with LoL, which is very stale compared to HotS?
TheTenthDoc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9561 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-19 19:45:52
October 19 2014 19:44 GMT
#2820
Locked-hero models have been successful outside of League. Smite managed it despite a super rocky start and far less marketing than Blizzard will doubtless do for HotS (no Blizzcon exposure, for one thing). Do you really think Blizzard will run it worse than Hi-Rez?

Even HoN was fairly successful with it for a time before S2 mismanagement, LoL esports, and DotA 2 release drove it six feet under and it had to change its ways.

There's also the fact that Valve's model only performs as well as it does because they give the community a lot of tools that directly interact with the content, which Blizzard is about as likely to do as pigs are to sprout wings.

Sure, the Valve model is nicer to me as a player and I've dropped games because they've adopted the locked-hero model+runes (cough Dawngate). But the model can certainly work and can provide money to sustain a beta.
Prev 1 139 140 141 142 143 453 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech173
UpATreeSC 95
BRAT_OK 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 4573
Bisu 1831
Soulkey 1489
EffOrt 893
Mini 646
Larva 377
Horang2 377
ZerO 343
actioN 224
ggaemo 197
[ Show more ]
Yoon 118
Dewaltoss 115
Mind 98
Shinee 92
hero 69
Sharp 66
Sea.KH 63
sorry 62
Snow 53
Barracks 52
Hyun 43
Bale 30
Trap 27
ToSsGirL 22
Terrorterran 20
NaDa 18
Rock 16
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 10
Noble 9
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5444
Dendi1417
420jenkins309
XaKoH 80
League of Legends
Reynor70
Counter-Strike
fl0m3524
Fnx 692
x6flipin608
edward26
pashabiceps0
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes385
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1353
hiko969
FrodaN418
B2W.Neo404
XBOCT235
Liquid`VortiX218
Livibee195
QueenE98
TKL 80
Mew2King42
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV166
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 62
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 42
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV649
League of Legends
• Nemesis4140
• TFBlade685
Other Games
• Shiphtur489
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 37m
Patches Events
23h 37m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.