• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:22
CEST 17:22
KST 00:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7683 users

Having a woman in your life - Page 8

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
PobTheCad
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Australia893 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-10 12:29:42
January 10 2009 12:29 GMT
#141
with all due respect with recent polls showing around 40% of TL users to be virgins is this poll going to be accurate?

anyone who says being alone for your whole life improves the quality of your life is seriously disturbed and should possibly seek help
Once again back is the incredible!
Naib
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Hungary4952 Posts
January 10 2009 14:23 GMT
#142
On January 10 2009 04:27 GGQ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2009 04:23 fanatacist wrote:
On January 10 2009 04:06 Naib wrote:
I pretty much just felt from quite an early age (maybe I'm just weird / fucked up, you tell!) that my only "goal in life" is to find happiness in maintaining a healthy family. Thus finding the girl suitable for that, of course

I guess it's pretty obvious what my answer to this question is, then.

P.s.: Mani, I've never seen someone mix "your" and "you're" in the way you just did, only the other way around. The extra small joys of teh interwebz (not to berate you, really - I think I can feel that your post contains a LOT of anger held back[justifying the typo], which you should get props for - I don't think I could've held myself back there)

This is so true for me... The only thing I really need in this world is to spend as much of my life with the person I want to/will marry... T_T


Unless you're already dating her, that's probably not a good thing. It'll tend to make you too dependent in relationships. It's much better to find your meaning/purpose in life somewhere else, which will make you more attractive to women, and give you more to stand on in a relationship.


I feel like I do, otherwise I wouldn't be dating her. Why would I?

I can only start a relationship with someone if I can imagine living my whole life with her - in fact, whenever I got attracted to someone I felt that way, no matter how screwed up this may sound it works for me.

And obviously this doesn't mean that I rush things when I'm single. My eyes were open, yes, but that's that. It's not like you need to be depressed if at a given moment you're not working on your life's goal (meeting that special One), there are other things you can enjoy.
Complete the cycle!
NotSupporting
Profile Joined February 2008
Sweden1998 Posts
January 10 2009 14:51 GMT
#143
On January 10 2009 17:40 GinNtoniC wrote:
It enrichens your life, but can be a huge burden to freedom.
That's why I won't answer the poll, because it's somewhere in the grayzone. at least for me


My opinion exactly.
NastyMarine
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States1252 Posts
January 10 2009 15:12 GMT
#144
the only reason anyone would choose "less enjoyable" is if they just went through a break up or he is gay or too young to enjoy the company.

OF COURSE life is more enjoyable with female company!
Treatin' fools since '87
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
January 10 2009 16:29 GMT
#145
Having women in your life.
why so 진지해?
LordWeird
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3411 Posts
January 10 2009 16:33 GMT
#146
Having a woman in your life is only a good thing if she's the right one. It's really that simple. No discussion needed, yo
Chains none
DwmC_Foefen
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Belgium2186 Posts
January 10 2009 16:52 GMT
#147
Women in your life is indeed injoyable, having a woman in your life with whom you have a connection with( ie longterm girlfriend, wife whatever) is something that enrichens your life but at the same time takes alot of time/energy/freedom away from you...
So it's more a question on wether want to have a girlfriend or not.

I like having a girlfriend but then again I'm someone who needs people around me I think :p

FFS just have women in your life and if you want to try for something more with someone just try... who cares if it goes wrong
You're not 12 yo are you? You can both be reasonable
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
January 10 2009 17:27 GMT
#148
On January 11 2009 01:29 Rekrul wrote:
Having women in your life.

Woah I don't think anyone expected this...
Peace~
KurtistheTurtle
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1966 Posts
January 11 2009 03:46 GMT
#149
I like walking hills more than plains.
“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears."
stenole
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Norway869 Posts
January 11 2009 03:54 GMT
#150
It's a compromise. Choose the wrong person, and it's more bad than good.
haduken
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Australia8267 Posts
January 11 2009 04:24 GMT
#151
More enjoyable for me. But that is mostly because of my personality. I don't go out that much, don't really socialize or try to keep a circle of friends, i just stay home and work on my own hobbies. Having a girl that understand that and is the same as you helps a lot because you are never lonely ~_~ and it also makes other people who diss you because you are a geek to shut up lol.
Rillanon.au
MeriaDoKk
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Chile1726 Posts
January 11 2009 04:45 GMT
#152
On January 11 2009 13:24 haduken wrote:
More enjoyable for me. But that is mostly because of my personality. I don't go out that much, don't really socialize or try to keep a circle of friends, i just stay home and work on my own hobbies. Having a girl that understand that and is the same as you helps a lot because you are never lonely ~_~ and it also makes other people who diss you because you are a geek to shut up lol.


How do you find those girls?
cgrinker
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3824 Posts
January 11 2009 05:05 GMT
#153
Coincidentally I came on here to tell everyone that I'm slowly if surely discovering the secret to the endless summer of love with your girlfriend, and because of my love for TL you all will be the first people I tell
tegg
Profile Joined December 2008
United States33 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-11 05:09:17
January 11 2009 05:07 GMT
#154
Questions like this are so inherintly hard to answer...It all really depends on what you want or need from life. I personally don't really believe in the idea of true love or a "one and only", where you get married and have 7 boys and 7 girls and live in the suburbs working for Lockheed Martin or whatever, so when asked about relationships I usually say that I don't believe dating is healthy for people, but again that is a generalization on my part and it's just the humble opinion of one person. At the same time though, my most recent girlfriend was very chill and accepted my nerdy and often downright antisocial ways.
So yea, I guess it just comes down to what one's perception and expectations of a "relationship" are.
For reference though I put less fun

edit- I don't see how people equate not being married or in a long term relationship to being completely alone, that is a gross generalization on their part and denies the existence of friendship.
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
January 11 2009 05:10 GMT
#155
On January 11 2009 13:45 MeriaDoKk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2009 13:24 haduken wrote:
More enjoyable for me. But that is mostly because of my personality. I don't go out that much, don't really socialize or try to keep a circle of friends, i just stay home and work on my own hobbies. Having a girl that understand that and is the same as you helps a lot because you are never lonely ~_~ and it also makes other people who diss you because you are a geek to shut up lol.


How do you find those girls?



You look really hard, make friends inside of the same activities, and then hope for the best. some parts luck, some parts skill.
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
Guybrush
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Spain4744 Posts
January 11 2009 05:13 GMT
#156
On January 10 2009 16:23 Day[9] wrote:
there needs to be an "always miserable" option


You have no reason to be miserable though. I think you're an awesome guy, and we have tons of common interests. In fact when I read your interview I was like "fuck, this guy is exactly like me WTF?" Cheer up man!



I have a girlfriend, but I was very happy before I met her too. As others we have our ups and downs, but we both know our weak and good sides, and accept them. If you are too selfish you wont work in a relationship, hence you will most likely not be as happy as you were when you were single.

I think this poll is so individual though. Theres no "correct" answer on the question. Those who are in a good relationship or has been in a good relationship will say "more enjoyable", while those who have been or are in a bad relationship will say "less enjoyable". Those who havent been in a relationship can't really answer because they wont know because they havent tried.

I have friends who say they felt it was "less enjoyable", but I think they will change their opinion when they get older/less selfish, and/or find a better partner in life. That doesnt mean I think there arent some people who will enjoy life more without a girlfriend, because Im sure there are some who will. And Im not saying it's because they are too selifsh. It might be a reason though.
Live2Win is awesome. Happy new year scarabi!
MrOwMrOw
Profile Joined March 2008
New Zealand48 Posts
January 11 2009 05:38 GMT
#157
having a man is better...
~*^(S)aint^*~
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
January 11 2009 05:41 GMT
#158
enjoyable if your relationship is working.
god damnit.
ManaBlue
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Canada10458 Posts
January 11 2009 05:42 GMT
#159
Sounds like your friend just got dumped.

He'll get over it.
ModeratorTL VOD legends: Live2Win, hasuprotoss, Cadical, rinizim, Mani, thedeadhaji, Kennigit, SonuvBob, yakii, fw, pheer, CDRdude, pholon, Uraeus, zatic, baezzi. The contributors make this site what it is. *Props to FakeSteve for respecting the guitar gods*
blind3x3
Profile Joined February 2008
United States49 Posts
January 11 2009 05:57 GMT
#160
relationships are an emotional rollercoaster ride
its like being being bipolar, when u feel things are going good with the one you love, you couldnt possible be happier, but when a break up happens, or when u cant see that person, or are in a fight with them, you are at you're ultimate low. The more plummets you face in the relationship, all it means is that you are getting close to the end of the ride (drawing closer to a break-up).
In a world where only gosu survive, i would be dead
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM401
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 401
Reynor 231
ByuN 185
TKL 130
Railgan 78
Codebar 59
BRAT_OK 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 59046
Bisu 2907
Calm 1208
FanTaSy 1028
Stork 838
Rush 401
hero 392
firebathero 198
Snow 129
Sharp 86
[ Show more ]
Free 72
Mind 65
ToSsGirL 39
Trap 38
Pusan 37
Sexy 29
Bale 27
Mong 26
Hm[arnc] 20
soO 20
Terrorterran 20
Rock 18
Aegong 18
HiyA 14
Sacsri 9
Shine 8
Noble 8
scan(afreeca) 8
IntoTheRainbow 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8545
Dendi1118
Counter-Strike
fl0m4537
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Other Games
singsing2223
Liquid`RaSZi1474
B2W.Neo704
olofmeister543
Beastyqt493
Mlord470
Khaldor445
KnowMe314
Hui .222
crisheroes172
Chillindude66
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV260
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV581
League of Legends
• Nemesis3513
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1750
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 38m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 38m
OSC
7h 38m
Replay Cast
7h 38m
OSC
20h 38m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.