• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:44
CEST 01:44
KST 08:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7221 users

What are you reading right now? - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
iaretehnoob
Profile Joined June 2004
Sweden741 Posts
August 11 2007 11:56 GMT
#21
The Bonehunters - book six of "The Malazan Book of the Fallen" by Steven Erikson
(ugh, I've read books 3 - 5 in the last 2 weeks already and each book is about a thousand pages thick)

I'm also flipping through "The Mathematics of Poker" and "Shader X5".
Last.Midnight
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Australia906 Posts
August 11 2007 12:16 GMT
#22
I just finished Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh. I'm not much of a reader at all, this is probably the first book I've ever read willingly. I watched the movie right after, and now I finally understand why people moan that the book beats the movie. The movie just feels so fucking short having read and experienced the book. I'm definitely going to continue reading now. It's good.
Frits
Profile Joined March 2003
11782 Posts
August 11 2007 12:24 GMT
#23
http://www.nl.bol.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/nl/-/EUR/BOL_DisplayProductInformation-Start?Section=BOOK&BOL_OWNER_ID=1001004002844649

Au Pair - By Willem Frederik Hermans, a great dutch writer.

Basically about a girl that is going to study in France and sees all kinds of crazy shit there. It has some pretty funny moments. I'm only about 150~ pages in yet or so. But it's definately a good book.
sushiman
Profile Joined September 2003
Sweden2691 Posts
August 11 2007 12:30 GMT
#24
Been alternating a bit between Tale of two cities by Dickens, and The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov. TM&M is absolutely brilliant.
1000 at least.
dupek
Profile Joined January 2007
Switzerland214 Posts
August 11 2007 12:32 GMT
#25
On August 11 2007 21:16 Last.Midnight wrote:
I just finished Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh. I'm not much of a reader at all, this is probably the first book I've ever read willingly. I watched the movie right after, and now I finally understand why people moan that the book beats the movie. The movie just feels so fucking short having read and experienced the book. I'm definitely going to continue reading now. It's good.

If you like it, read Filth from the same author. You will like it!

The plot centres on Bruce Robertson, a Scottish police officer. He is a sex-obsessed, misanthropic man driven by his intense hatred. With cravings for cocaine, a pleasure for "the games" - Bruce's euphemism for the myriad foul plots he hatches directed at workmates - and sexual abuse of the women in his life, Bruce is an anti-hero
Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time, and you will have the time of your life!
{ToT}Strafe
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Thailand7026 Posts
August 11 2007 12:45 GMT
#26
[image loading]


and

[image loading]


and

[image loading]
{ToT}Strafe
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Thailand7026 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-08-11 13:02:46
August 11 2007 12:46 GMT
#27
On August 11 2007 21:30 sushiman wrote:
Been alternating a bit between Tale of two cities by Dickens, and The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov. TM&M is absolutely brilliant.


The Master and Margarita is one of my favorite literature books

On August 11 2007 18:19 fuglyfrog wrote:
Lollita by Vladimir Nabokov

Just finished Perfume by Patrick Suskind


What do you think of Lolita so far? I found it pretty interesting and disgusting

On August 11 2007 18:09 Beyonder wrote:
Hoping to find some interesting books, so please describe some and perhaps a picture if you can. :D

I'm currently reading all the The Iliad books from Homer(us) It's really fat but reads well. Pure art; so beautiful to read. link



Iliad was my favorite book when I was younger. I wonder if it's any better when you read it when you are older. I remember that I loved the story telling when I was 12. Very compelling book and reads very fast, because you just don't want to stop

On August 11 2007 20:50 NeoIllusions wrote:
A Game of Thrones


That's the book by George SSR Martin right? Song of Ice and Fire? Think I read that too when I was little, much better than Tolkien and Terry Goodkind
sc0rchedst0rm
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
Ireland176 Posts
August 11 2007 13:02 GMT
#28
At the moment I'm reading "Slaughterhouse 5" by Kurt Vonnegut. And I just finished "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" by Philip K. Dick.

One of my favorite books is "Good Omens" by Pratchett and Gaiman, I noticed someone mentioned it further up.

Kill a man, you're a murderer. Kill 100 men, you're a hero. Kill 1000 men, LVL UP!!!
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
August 11 2007 13:07 GMT
#29
i finished a book called "the beast house" by robert laymon. it wasnt fantastic, but i still managed to read it in a week or so. now im going to be reading Velocity by Dean Koontz. Both are good horror authors imo.
Taiche *
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
France1963 Posts
August 11 2007 13:09 GMT
#30
[image loading]

I'm currently reading the Wallander series from Henning Mankell. Quite a good read actually
Manifesto7 Uses ReXplorer, and so should you! : http://repasm.net/rx/
il0seonpurpose
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Korea (South)5638 Posts
August 11 2007 13:09 GMT
#31
for summer reading, I had to read Things fall apart, a story on these african villages and then a book called in country, about these veterans and stuff coming back from the war.
GrandInquisitor *
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
New York City13113 Posts
August 11 2007 13:14 GMT
#32
http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~edfu/books/

soon to be added:

[image loading]


[image loading]
What fun is it being cool if you can’t wear a sombrero?
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-08-11 13:23:59
August 11 2007 13:23 GMT
#33
On August 11 2007 21:46 {ToT}Strafe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2007 20:50 NeoIllusions wrote:
A Game of Thrones


That's the book by George SSR Martin right? Song of Ice and Fire? Think I read that too when I was little, much better than Tolkien and Terry Goodkind


Indeed. Hot_Bid brought it over two weeks ago, I'm slowly getting through it.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Hans-Titan
Profile Blog Joined March 2005
Denmark1711 Posts
August 11 2007 13:29 GMT
#34
[image loading]


Kinda stuck at p. 3xx tho
Trying is the first step towards failure, and hope is the first step towards disappointment!
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
August 11 2007 13:30 GMT
#35
some representationalist papaers, although i dont have access to the academic sources right now, a pain in the ass.
We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
Cpt Obvious
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Germany3073 Posts
August 11 2007 14:31 GMT
#36
just finished:
[image loading]


currently reading:
[image loading]

and
[image loading]


after that scheduled is the second part in the series "A Song of Fire and Ice":
[image loading]


Tolkien's Children of Húrin is recommended, although being published by his far less talented son Christopher, it is a good read.

Digital Fortress didn't really get me hooked, although I plan on finishing it, and be it only to be able to claim that I read all his books.

A Game of Thrones is even better than I have been promised by the fantasy-loving part of our beloved IRC-channel, I highly recommend everyone to read it if you have the slightest of interests in fictional literature. The second part of the 4-part sequel is the logical choice for the next book then.

I just hope I can finish them all before classes start in a couple of weeks ^^;
Nobody ever reads signatures of people like me, do they?
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
August 11 2007 14:35 GMT
#37
On August 11 2007 22:30 oneofthem wrote:
some representationalist papaers, although i dont have access to the academic sources right now, a pain in the ass.


vpn into your school network and access the sites~~
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
August 11 2007 14:38 GMT
#38
House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski

Pretty insane stuff, Please let me know if you know of any similar books

[image loading]


[image loading]
We make signature, then defense it.
CC Rider
Profile Joined September 2006
289 Posts
August 11 2007 14:48 GMT
#39
[image loading]

Consumed by Benjamin Barber, a nonfiction book about capitalism and consumerism and advertising and marketing.

[image loading]

End of Faith, a nonfiction book about religion from an atheist's perspective.

[image loading]

Tales of the Dying Earth by Jack Vance, an excellent science fiction book about the earth many billions of years into the future when the sun is old and red and going to go out at any minute. He makes the setting really cool, it's very realistic in that what happened in the books is actually what could happen on earth: science became so advanced, and then in various disasters each civilization that had risen and triumphed eventually fell, and so the people had access to these "ancient" (to them) tools and weapons and items that were normal science to the people that made them, but were so advanced that to the Dying Earth people who didn't understand them, they were indistinguishable from magic. and so there are people known as magicians and sorcerors and there are magical talismans and amulets and stuff, and all the characters really believe this is magic, but the author and the reader know it's just really advanced science from our future and the book's setting's past.

Vance is an awesome writer, in fact the great George RR Martin, whose excellent series A Song of Ice and Fire has been rightly mentioned, said that Vance is one of his favorite writers and one of his big influences.
Cpt Obvious
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Germany3073 Posts
August 11 2007 14:53 GMT
#40
Thanks alot CC Rider, now I know what's next after A Song of Fire and Ice, since originally I've been a bigger fan of Science Fiction than of those ancient history knight tales ^^.

I also recommend reading the Perry Rhodan series when you have a couple of years to spare.
Nobody ever reads signatures of people like me, do they?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings65
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 189
ProTech140
ViBE119
SpeCial 26
StarCraft: Brood War
910 74
NaDa 21
Dota 2
monkeys_forever427
canceldota138
League of Legends
Doublelift4282
Other Games
summit1g5764
JimRising 390
C9.Mang0376
ToD114
PPMD31
JuggernautJason28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick769
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 91
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP46
• poizon28 37
• RyuSc2 23
• musti20045 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra969
Other Games
• imaqtpie1217
• Shiphtur598
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
10h 16m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
17h 16m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 16m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
Patches Events
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.