• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:43
CEST 12:43
KST 19:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8807 users

Coronavirus and You - Page 603

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 601 602 603 604 605 699 Next
Any and all updates regarding the COVID-19 will need a source provided. Please do your part in helping us to keep this thread maintainable and under control.

It is YOUR responsibility to fully read through the sources that you link, and you MUST provide a brief summary explaining what the source is about. Do not expect other people to do the work for you.

Conspiracy theories and fear mongering will absolutely not be tolerated in this thread. Expect harsh mod actions if you try to incite fear needlessly.

This is not a politics thread! You are allowed to post information regarding politics if it's related to the coronavirus, but do NOT discuss politics in here.

Added a disclaimer on page 662. Many need to post better.
Sbrubbles
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil5776 Posts
April 04 2022 19:30 GMT
#12041
Here in São Paulo most restrictions are gone (pretty much every one except on public transportation). Some people are still wearing masks in general, but it's phasing out (I'd guess around 1/3-1/2 people in general still wearing masks). I'm just glad I can go back to exercising without one.
Bora Pain minha porra!
Hollow
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Canada2180 Posts
April 04 2022 19:40 GMT
#12042
I went to see my first concert in the last two years (the band Low), and I was happy to see that most people wore their masks except those who were drinking. Being all close to each other like this, it's a no brainer to me, even if I don't like wearing them. I'd rather be able to keep going to shows but there is already a new wave beginning in Montreal so god knows for how long that'll last.
Harris1st
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany7421 Posts
April 05 2022 09:12 GMT
#12043
On April 05 2022 01:02 BlackJack wrote:
@Harris1st, I think there are probably a lot of people that would benefit from some kind of therapy or counselling from dealing with the traumas of the pandemic. I mean that in a completely non-patronizing way. Although I'm not sure if you're legitimately afraid to go grocery shopping because someone might breathe on you or if you were just making some off-the-cuff comment about mask wearing.


The second one. Also I hate people and crowds. For example have you seen how many people (men and women btw) don't wash their hands after beeing on the toilet?

It was nice to have some personal space while grocery shopping/ shopping and people coughing/ sneezing in their masks instead of their hands/ randomly all over the place.
Haven't been sick for over 2,5 years now. Not even a mild cold.
Just saying it wasn't all bad the last two years.
In all fairness, I only had to wear a mask for about 4 hours each day. So maybe that's why
Go Serral! GG EZ for Ence. Flashbang dance FTW
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28906 Posts
April 05 2022 11:41 GMT
#12044
The pandemic has also probably been easier on those who hate people and crowds than for those who love people and being part of a crowd.
Moderator
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12021 Posts
April 05 2022 12:45 GMT
#12045
On April 05 2022 20:41 Liquid`Drone wrote:
The pandemic has also probably been easier on those who hate people and crowds than for those who love people and being part of a crowd.


Yeah, but i feel a bit of satisfaction due to that. Generally, life is all about extroverted people, and them trying to force introverted people into being part of all their extroverted shit, while not comprehending in the slightest that all the extroverted stuff they like is horror to introverted people.

Seeing the shoe turned around, and all those extroverted people being forced to live like an introvert for a short while is kind of satisfying, even if i know that it is a bit dickish to feel like that.
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10962 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-04-05 14:24:12
April 05 2022 14:23 GMT
#12046
I'm no introvert, at least not a "hard" one, I like to go out but can also easily stay home alone for several days whiteout issues. Gaming is by far my biggest hobby.

Sometimes when i heard people talk about how much they hate staying at home i tought: "I trained my whole life for this." .
Harris1st
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany7421 Posts
April 05 2022 14:54 GMT
#12047
On April 05 2022 23:23 Velr wrote:
I'm no introvert, at least not a "hard" one, I like to go out but can also easily stay home alone for several days whiteout issues. Gaming is by far my biggest hobby.

Sometimes when i heard people talk about how much they hate staying at home i tought: "I trained my whole life for this." .


Hahaha yes or when someone says they will get bored staying at home I'm like dude my steam pile of shame is big enough for 10+ years staying at home without ever getting bored.
Go Serral! GG EZ for Ence. Flashbang dance FTW
BlackJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States10574 Posts
April 05 2022 16:02 GMT
#12048
There’s probably a lot of people that don’t want to “quit the pandemic” because they now have the perfect excuse for why they have to do something they’ve always wanted to do, which is to sit at home on the computer all day. It also probably gives them a sense of selflessness and superiority over the people that do go out and spread COVID. I think they conveniently overlook the fact that they aren’t more selfless because they aren’t sacrificing much by doing exactly what they wanted to do in the first place.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
April 05 2022 16:30 GMT
#12049
--- Nuked ---
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
April 05 2022 16:40 GMT
#12050
Holy projecting imaginary enemies Batman.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
April 05 2022 17:24 GMT
#12051
To clarify I was being sarcastic/facetious but not at Slydie

More the never-ending circle of ‘oh look things weren’t bad after all we didn’t need restrictions’ when the restrictions themselves kept things in check.

Eventually things will settle to such a degree people end up being correct about relaxation, which they’re happy to rub in one’s face and happily ignore the giant stretches of time they were utterly wrong.

As per masks, they’re not ideal, I don’t find them particularly uncomfortable.

I actively like them in retail as I’d rather just get on with my job, whereas in social environments well, I’m there to socialise so they’re more of a pain.

I do think a good point was made earlier about some empathy for the extroverted out there, what’s easy to one person can be a mountain for another, and relative social isolation was a ton harder on certain types of folks than others.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
April 05 2022 17:28 GMT
#12052
On April 06 2022 01:02 BlackJack wrote:
There’s probably a lot of people that don’t want to “quit the pandemic” because they now have the perfect excuse for why they have to do something they’ve always wanted to do, which is to sit at home on the computer all day. It also probably gives them a sense of selflessness and superiority over the people that do go out and spread COVID. I think they conveniently overlook the fact that they aren’t more selfless because they aren’t sacrificing much by doing exactly what they wanted to do in the first place.

I mean plenty of folks I know this rings somewhat true, to varying degrees of course.

Granted the flip side is the working environment is something that works fine, and being dragged to the office and (especially) commuting again just for the sake of it seems needless to me.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
BlackJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States10574 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-04-05 18:04:16
April 05 2022 18:03 GMT
#12053
On April 06 2022 02:28 WombaT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2022 01:02 BlackJack wrote:
There’s probably a lot of people that don’t want to “quit the pandemic” because they now have the perfect excuse for why they have to do something they’ve always wanted to do, which is to sit at home on the computer all day. It also probably gives them a sense of selflessness and superiority over the people that do go out and spread COVID. I think they conveniently overlook the fact that they aren’t more selfless because they aren’t sacrificing much by doing exactly what they wanted to do in the first place.

I mean plenty of folks I know this rings somewhat true, to varying degrees of course.

Granted the flip side is the working environment is something that works fine, and being dragged to the office and (especially) commuting again just for the sake of it seems needless to me.


That is the impression I get when I visit Reddit anyway. Until recently anyone would be downvoted to oblivion for even suggesting they would like to go out and see a movie or attend an event. I don't think it's a stretch to assume the people doing the downvoting are mostly people that are content with being at home browsing Reddit in the first place. I don't have a problem with the concept of not going out and spreading COVID being better for society if one is privileged enough to do that. I have a problem when an introvert pretends they are making an equal sacrifice as an extrovert because the action of staying home is the same for the both of them.
castleeMg
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
Canada791 Posts
April 05 2022 18:14 GMT
#12054
In that regard I can see why this entire pandemic has been a dream for JimmiC, he now has a good reason (in his mind at least) to spend 15 hours a day on TL and who knows which other forums looking for arguments with people while being a pseudo intellectual despite grammatical and spelling errors in nearly every post

Sorry in advanced mods

User was warned for this post.
AKA: castle[eMg]@USEast/ iCCup
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-04-05 19:47:05
April 05 2022 18:22 GMT
#12055
--- Nuked ---
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
April 05 2022 22:45 GMT
#12056
On April 06 2022 03:03 BlackJack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2022 02:28 WombaT wrote:
On April 06 2022 01:02 BlackJack wrote:
There’s probably a lot of people that don’t want to “quit the pandemic” because they now have the perfect excuse for why they have to do something they’ve always wanted to do, which is to sit at home on the computer all day. It also probably gives them a sense of selflessness and superiority over the people that do go out and spread COVID. I think they conveniently overlook the fact that they aren’t more selfless because they aren’t sacrificing much by doing exactly what they wanted to do in the first place.

I mean plenty of folks I know this rings somewhat true, to varying degrees of course.

Granted the flip side is the working environment is something that works fine, and being dragged to the office and (especially) commuting again just for the sake of it seems needless to me.


That is the impression I get when I visit Reddit anyway. Until recently anyone would be downvoted to oblivion for even suggesting they would like to go out and see a movie or attend an event. I don't think it's a stretch to assume the people doing the downvoting are mostly people that are content with being at home browsing Reddit in the first place. I don't have a problem with the concept of not going out and spreading COVID being better for society if one is privileged enough to do that. I have a problem when an introvert pretends they are making an equal sacrifice as an extrovert because the action of staying home is the same for the both of them.

Aye I think this is 100% fair. As with many things there’s that race towards purity tests, and as you say the naturally introverted aren’t making much of a sacrifice with some of the restrictions we’ve seen in the last while.

I was fine to do my bit, but it was very difficult at times. The lessening of restrictions has absolutely been a relief to me and my mental health for sure.

'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
April 05 2022 22:48 GMT
#12057
On April 06 2022 03:14 castleeMg wrote:
In that regard I can see why this entire pandemic has been a dream for JimmiC, he now has a good reason (in his mind at least) to spend 15 hours a day on TL and who knows which other forums looking for arguments with people while being a pseudo intellectual despite grammatical and spelling errors in nearly every post

Sorry in advanced mods

Kinda grossly unfair to just throw that out as opposed to engaging with the posts of his that you disagree with. He doesn’t present as a pseudo-intellectual anyway they’re just reasonable structured, semi-coherent posts he’s not dumping in references to technical jargon or highfalutin concepts, as is the staple of a pseudo-intellectual (I should know)

And if anyone spent 15 hours a day on TL this last period it’s yours truly.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
April 08 2022 02:24 GMT
#12058
--- Nuked ---
gujkel
Profile Joined April 2022
United States3 Posts
April 15 2022 20:05 GMT
#12059
--- Nuked ---
Lmui
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada6223 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-04-21 21:08:19
April 21 2022 21:07 GMT
#12060
https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/04/combo-covid-booster-is-the-way-to-go-this-fall-moderna-data-suggests/

The fresh data released by Moderna looked at neutralizing antibody levels in around 300 people who received a 50-microgram dose of the beta/ancestral combo vaccine (dubbed mRNA-1273.211). Antibody levels in that group were compared with those from around 150 people who received the current 50-microgram booster (mRNA-1273) that targets the ancestral version of the virus. Compared with the current booster, the beta/ancestral combo shot generated higher levels of neutralizing antibodies against the ancestral virus as well as the beta, omicron, and delta variants. In the case of omicron, the combo shot generated neutralizing antibody levels twice as high as the current shot (when comparing geometric mean titres). That two-fold advantage was maintained after six months, as well.


Preliminary data of course, but looks like this fall, Moderna's going with a Bivalent booster. In general, multivalents seem to offer broader protection, including vs Omicron.

I think I'll hold off on getting a 4th shot until a broad, multivalent vaccine is available, or a vaccine booster that boosts efficacy against Omicron. I've had 3 shots, and caught Omicron, so I'm not in a hurry to boost the protection that I currently have.

Edit:: Thinking about it, a combo bivalent covid, trivalent flu vaccine would be ideal. Get everything out of the way in one go.
Prev 1 601 602 603 604 605 699 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko273
Rex 49
Codebar 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1319
Bisu 734
Horang2 577
Jaedong 563
actioN 433
BeSt 422
Soulkey 349
Hyuk 316
Soma 306
firebathero 235
[ Show more ]
Larva 230
Hyun 225
Stork 210
Mong 193
Rush 187
Shine 120
hero 82
PianO 80
Pusan 75
Free 73
910 70
Last 70
Shinee 61
Mind 59
Mini 54
Yoon 41
ZerO 39
sorry 30
Sexy 29
Sharp 29
HiyA 27
sSak 26
Bale 26
Zeus 24
ZergMaN 23
Hm[arnc] 14
Noble 8
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe256
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1290
shoxiejesuss1139
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King259
Other Games
gofns42745
singsing1767
Pyrionflax169
DeMusliM166
KnowMe147
Livibee132
Trikslyr28
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick480
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV27
League of Legends
• Jankos1230
Other Games
• Shiphtur388
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
18m
Patches Events
5h 18m
The PondCast
23h 18m
INu's Battles
1d
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.