• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:17
CEST 09:17
KST 16:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8516 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 5697

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5695 5696 5697 5698 5699 5997 Next
Now that we have a new thread, in order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a complete and thorough read before posting!

NOTE: When providing a source, please provide a very brief summary on what it's about and what purpose it adds to the discussion. The supporting statement should clearly explain why the subject is relevant and needs to be discussed. Please follow this rule especially for tweets.

Your supporting statement should always come BEFORE you provide the source.


If you have any questions, comments, concern, or feedback regarding the USPMT, then please use this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/website-feedback/510156-us-politics-thread
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24803 Posts
Last Edited: 2026-04-26 01:36:39
April 26 2026 01:23 GMT
#113921
Breaking and unconfirmed but bangs heard at White House Correspondents' Dinner and Trump rushed off stage: https://www.cnn.com/2026/04/25/politics/trump-rushed-white-house-correspondents-dinner

edit: Actual footage, but not gruesome:
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
dyhb
Profile Joined August 2021
United States772 Posts
April 26 2026 01:37 GMT
#113922
Apparently somebody who couldn’t get his weapon past the magnetometers. Taken out by the counter assault team. Shooter shot dead. (Multiple sources, CNN, etc)
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27462 Posts
April 26 2026 01:46 GMT
#113923
Man America really don’t make assassins like they used to do they?
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24377 Posts
April 26 2026 01:50 GMT
#113924
On April 26 2026 04:35 LightSpectra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2026 04:21 GreenHorizons wrote:
On April 26 2026 01:00 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
Weirdly, I'm with GH on this. Stop feeding the stupid. There's no progress being made in this cesspool. You win no points. You've gained nothing. Stop. I want to participate in the thread, but what you've all been doing...fucking yuck.

"Feeding the stupid" is what makes them feel superior/enjoyment/what they gain. They aren't going to stop. I'm not even trying to get them to. I'm mostly just pointing out their demonstrable incapacity/refusal to do pretty much anything else. Since I'm objectively right, and they're marginally embarrassed by that, they just lash out at me and rationalize their behavior instead of taking the obviously valid criticism and simply discussing US politics topics they value among themselves instead of this petulant shitposting (or worse yet, treating the Sartres like serious interlocutors) LightSpectra and others are always rationalizing. This is part of why they are desperate to rehabilitate/normalize/engage Intro, despite knowing doing so ever so slightly helps Intro in shifting the Overton Window rightward

On April 26 2026 01:46 WombaT wrote:
On April 26 2026 00:39 GreenHorizons wrote:
On April 26 2026 00:28 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On April 26 2026 00:12 LightSpectra wrote:
On April 25 2026 23:51 GreenHorizons wrote:
On April 25 2026 22:23 LightSpectra wrote:
New page in this thread about the same discussion, Republicans here have still offered zero evidence.



On April 25 2026 23:33 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
We now have baal calling people retarded and autistic, and oBlade calling people trolls. Wow.


The turn of phrase "Duh!" comes to mind. You all know better, just can't help yourselves though.



If you just link back to your own post a few dozen more times, we will have achieved socialism.

Well played.

How so?

Here's where the "advancing socialism" (so to speak) discussion was left before the mock and gawk spam you guys prefer.

On April 14 2026 06:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
On April 14 2026 05:50 EnDeR_ wrote:
On April 14 2026 00:57 GreenHorizons wrote:
I'll come back to this later if you'd like (or if you and Ender would prefer to take it to my Blog I suppose that'd be fine). You guys are just on the verge of having something resembling a real discussion about the future of the opposition to Trump/Republicans and I'd like to see that develop.


Do you not re-read your posts before hitting the button? How did you not clock how condescending this last paragraph is?

In all honesty, the biggest problem in communicating with you, besides the shitty attitude, is the sheer quantity of references to different concepts that you never bother to explain in your posts.
Which concepts are you struggling with? (note: "struggling" isn't pejorative, it's complimentary)

That's not condescension, that was observation. For a moment the discussion between each of you seemed to look like it was going to turn to disagreements about how best to get from where we are here, today, to a future where AOC (or another preferred candidate) is a front runner, and/or the policies (ideally non-reformist reforms) we all mutually like are at the forefront of the platform for the Democrat nominee.

That rapidly devolved back into some variations of "vote blue no matter who or else!" (except Swalwell, which I suppose might be worth discussing) before the first candidate has even declared for the primary.

EDIT: Also I realize now I forgot Kwark has been quite clear he thinks Democrats should nominate the oldest whitest guy they can, not an AOC or Harris or whatever.

EDIT2:
On April 14 2026 06:17 KwarK wrote:
On April 14 2026 05:41 GreenHorizons wrote:
On April 14 2026 05:21 KwarK wrote:
On April 14 2026 03:53 GreenHorizons wrote:
Seems like everyone that's opined (except maybe RenSC2) would prefer AOC over the other candidates, but not so much that they'd actually want to start making an effort to convince the people (and that's a lot more people than Newsom or Harris will need to convince) they'll need to agree with us and work to help make AOC the nominee and eventually president.

GH: Dems only offer token resistance to Republicans while basically losing on purpose to help Republicans with their agenda

Also GH: Why aren’t people working harder to make a woman of colour outsider the Democratic nominee


Are you trying to point out that I'm right or that the posters here aren't "Dems" so much as "independents" and/or "socialists" that believe Democrats are the only viable political body/strategy to even potentially move their interests forward?

+ Show Spoiler +
Neither. You seem not to have noticed that the American population are deeply racist and sexist. That’s something that needs to be incorporated into your strategy. If you plan on doing a revolution before the next election then fine, voter prejudice is not an issue. But if you don’t then
we need to find us an old white male reality tv star or we’ll have another 4 years of Trump.


Yeah, I remembered.


and

On April 22 2026 03:49 GreenHorizons wrote:
On April 22 2026 03:23 WombaT wrote:
On April 22 2026 02:18 GreenHorizons wrote:
On April 22 2026 01:10 WombaT wrote:
On April 21 2026 20:10 GreenHorizons wrote:
On April 21 2026 18:44 WombaT wrote:
[quote]
The thing is, being enfranchised into the voting process and things like legalistic rights is a huge driver of quite a few of those kind of movements in the first place.

You’re almost framing it as some carrot dangled to placate these movements, rather than it being a key demand that’s being met. + Show Spoiler +
And they tend to dissipate when momentum stalls as the kinda main goals that glue the broad coalition together, and we get into various stretch goals that are more niche.

Or to put it another way, a big driver of mass disruptive/revolutionary movements often isn’t to overturn a system, merely to be enfranchised within it. Plenty are more structurally transformative too of course but I think broadly in either instance you’ve got a handful of quite clear grievances that are sufficiently shared for some kind of critical mass of people to garner enough momentum to move the needle.

Not to downplay the importance of such movements, my position is rather the opposite. I just don’t see the appetite from Americans for radical transformation, nor am I sure what the ‘civil rights issue of our time’ is that could rally sufficient people to that banner.

Sort of?

Those aren't mutually exclusive. I'm pretty familiar with the history, so you know you're not bringing new information to my attention.

What exactly in the quoted post are you trying to dispute?

Your previous narrative almost presents these approaches as parallel if not directly oppositional.

I may be misunderstanding you on certain points, fair enough that may be on me.

+ Show Spoiler +
I assume we agree that public sentiment and electoral politics don’t enjoy a mutually beneficial symbiotic relationship, the leverage is required but what is the pivot?

I think your characterisation of historic political movements is either incorrect, or alternatively I’m just reading you wrong. Which makes adoption into modern contexts strategically flawed, assuming I’m not reading you wrong.

It’s very frequently ‘I want to be in the club too’, and not ‘let’s destroy the club’, a movement pushes the Overton Window sufficiently that political, legal or cultural norms become broadly acceptable to the movement and it somewhat dissipates.

I think a minority in this thread would disagree with you on the importance of movements shifting the political ground, but a lot of your rhetoric seems to suggest just bypassing codified political structures because they’re broken. Or bypassing other things that characterise successful movements more generally.

If I’m misinterpreting I mean that’s somewhat on me but I don’t think I’m the only one somewhat confused as to what your vision of action encompasses
Let's start there.

I meant: "[being enfranchised into the voting process and things like legalistic rights being] some carrot dangled to placate these movements, rather than it being a key demand that’s being met." aren't mutually exclusive.

Are we understanding each other that far?

They’re not mutually exclusive, they are just different framings.

If person A’s goal is simply to be enfranchised in the electoralism machine, and that’s granted, it’s not some carrot or pseudo-bribe being dangled, it’s simply their ambitions being met. + Show Spoiler +
If person B’s goal is huge systemic change and their pressure gets the same concessions, it doesn’t meet their goals.

Certainly in the Northern Irish example, our Civil Right’s movement was mostly person As, with person Bs helping to push that along.

Your rhetoric seems to shit on boring old electoralism, and your evidence frequently invokes past movements whose actual goal was merely to be a meaningful part of that process.

If my read is off well, my bad


Okay.

Let's put/take "person A" from a real historical moment of "significant progress" in the US of your choice?


Either of them could pick that back up or anyone else could really. But you've all got important shitposting about the latest far-right nonsense to do and I understand you find that much more satisfying.

You could forget about Socialism for the moment if you will, I'm also talking about discussing plain lib/Dem/ilk ideas among yourselves.

Or, alternatively people couldn’t be arsed engaging with you based off your long posting history and aren’t especially interested in indulging you and what you think should be being discussed


Sure, that could be plausible. Except, setting aside the whole engaging with people calling others "retarded" and "autistic" thing, I'm again talking about the lib/Dem/ilk thread participants inability to/disinterest in discussing US politics among yourselves, while ignoring me/whoever else if you insist/must/choose.


We're approaching the fiftieth "just pointing out their demonstrable incapacity/refusal to do pretty much anything else" but maybe one more time and it'll finally change something. Don't give up now!


The idea being maybe you guys aren't as shameless, oblivious, bad faith, etc... as the people you prefer to engage with at excruciating length. You try very hard to prove otherwise. I suppose I can commend you for that?

You say things like:
On April 26 2026 01:51 LightSpectra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2026 01:00 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
Weirdly, I'm with GH on this. Stop feeding the stupid. There's no progress being made in this cesspool. You win no points. You've gained nothing. Stop. I want to participate in the thread, but what you've all been doing...fucking yuck.


I've said this several times already but I don't participate in this thread because I think three time rapist voters will have a change of heart about literally anything, but so those same people don't have free rein to spread lies and radicalize anyone impressionable who happens to click on this thread.

+ Show Spoiler +

If you have something you wanna discuss, go ahead and start the discussion, nobody who wants to participate in that is going to be afraid of interrupting the bad faith brigade.


But your guys' inability to/disinterest in discussing anything else means that all people see is them looking reasonable by comparison. Because remember, these imaginary lurkers are already unable to discern the absurdity of supporting Trump without you calling him a rapist a few times a day...

You guys almost exclusively having these 10 page+ back and forths with Sartres does more to "radicalize anyone impressionable who happens to click on this thread" than briefly laughing in their faces and/or ignoring the "three time rapist voters" posts while disappearing them among discussions of your own politics among yourselves ever could.

I referenced the time you guys started to sorta have this kind of discussion and you'll notice that during that the thread was actually much better at preventing the pages from being filled with the far right nonsense than your spamming about rapists, their supporters, and the rest of the last ~10+ pages
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24377 Posts
April 26 2026 01:51 GMT
#113925
On April 26 2026 08:36 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2026 04:42 Gorsameth wrote:
On April 26 2026 04:21 GreenHorizons wrote:
On April 26 2026 01:00 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
Weirdly, I'm with GH on this. Stop feeding the stupid. There's no progress being made in this cesspool. You win no points. You've gained nothing. Stop. I want to participate in the thread, but what you've all been doing...fucking yuck.

"Feeding the stupid" is what makes them feel superior/enjoyment/what they gain. They aren't going to stop. I'm not even trying to get them to. I'm mostly just pointing out their demonstrable incapacity/refusal to do pretty much anything else. Since I'm objectively right, and they're marginally embarrassed by that, they just lash out at me and rationalize their behavior instead of taking the obviously valid criticism and simply discussing US politics topics they value among themselves instead of this petulant shitposting (or worse yet, treating the Sartres like serious interlocutors) LightSpectra and others are always rationalizing. This is part of why they are desperate to rehabilitate/normalize/engage Intro, despite knowing doing so ever so slightly helps Intro in shifting the Overton Window rightward

On April 26 2026 01:46 WombaT wrote:
On April 26 2026 00:39 GreenHorizons wrote:
On April 26 2026 00:28 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On April 26 2026 00:12 LightSpectra wrote:
On April 25 2026 23:51 GreenHorizons wrote:
On April 25 2026 22:23 LightSpectra wrote:
New page in this thread about the same discussion, Republicans here have still offered zero evidence.



On April 25 2026 23:33 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
We now have baal calling people retarded and autistic, and oBlade calling people trolls. Wow.


The turn of phrase "Duh!" comes to mind. You all know better, just can't help yourselves though.



If you just link back to your own post a few dozen more times, we will have achieved socialism.

Well played.

How so?

Here's where the "advancing socialism" (so to speak) discussion was left before the mock and gawk spam you guys prefer.

On April 14 2026 06:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
On April 14 2026 05:50 EnDeR_ wrote:
On April 14 2026 00:57 GreenHorizons wrote:
I'll come back to this later if you'd like (or if you and Ender would prefer to take it to my Blog I suppose that'd be fine). You guys are just on the verge of having something resembling a real discussion about the future of the opposition to Trump/Republicans and I'd like to see that develop.


Do you not re-read your posts before hitting the button? How did you not clock how condescending this last paragraph is?

In all honesty, the biggest problem in communicating with you, besides the shitty attitude, is the sheer quantity of references to different concepts that you never bother to explain in your posts.
Which concepts are you struggling with? (note: "struggling" isn't pejorative, it's complimentary)

That's not condescension, that was observation. For a moment the discussion between each of you seemed to look like it was going to turn to disagreements about how best to get from where we are here, today, to a future where AOC (or another preferred candidate) is a front runner, and/or the policies (ideally non-reformist reforms) we all mutually like are at the forefront of the platform for the Democrat nominee.

That rapidly devolved back into some variations of "vote blue no matter who or else!" (except Swalwell, which I suppose might be worth discussing) before the first candidate has even declared for the primary.

EDIT: Also I realize now I forgot Kwark has been quite clear he thinks Democrats should nominate the oldest whitest guy they can, not an AOC or Harris or whatever.

EDIT2:
On April 14 2026 06:17 KwarK wrote:
On April 14 2026 05:41 GreenHorizons wrote:
On April 14 2026 05:21 KwarK wrote:
On April 14 2026 03:53 GreenHorizons wrote:
Seems like everyone that's opined (except maybe RenSC2) would prefer AOC over the other candidates, but not so much that they'd actually want to start making an effort to convince the people (and that's a lot more people than Newsom or Harris will need to convince) they'll need to agree with us and work to help make AOC the nominee and eventually president.

GH: Dems only offer token resistance to Republicans while basically losing on purpose to help Republicans with their agenda

Also GH: Why aren’t people working harder to make a woman of colour outsider the Democratic nominee


Are you trying to point out that I'm right or that the posters here aren't "Dems" so much as "independents" and/or "socialists" that believe Democrats are the only viable political body/strategy to even potentially move their interests forward?

+ Show Spoiler +
Neither. You seem not to have noticed that the American population are deeply racist and sexist. That’s something that needs to be incorporated into your strategy. If you plan on doing a revolution before the next election then fine, voter prejudice is not an issue. But if you don’t then
we need to find us an old white male reality tv star or we’ll have another 4 years of Trump.


Yeah, I remembered.


and

On April 22 2026 03:49 GreenHorizons wrote:
On April 22 2026 03:23 WombaT wrote:
On April 22 2026 02:18 GreenHorizons wrote:
On April 22 2026 01:10 WombaT wrote:
On April 21 2026 20:10 GreenHorizons wrote:
[quote]
Sort of?

Those aren't mutually exclusive. I'm pretty familiar with the history, so you know you're not bringing new information to my attention.

What exactly in the quoted post are you trying to dispute?

Your previous narrative almost presents these approaches as parallel if not directly oppositional.

I may be misunderstanding you on certain points, fair enough that may be on me.

+ Show Spoiler +
I assume we agree that public sentiment and electoral politics don’t enjoy a mutually beneficial symbiotic relationship, the leverage is required but what is the pivot?

I think your characterisation of historic political movements is either incorrect, or alternatively I’m just reading you wrong. Which makes adoption into modern contexts strategically flawed, assuming I’m not reading you wrong.

It’s very frequently ‘I want to be in the club too’, and not ‘let’s destroy the club’, a movement pushes the Overton Window sufficiently that political, legal or cultural norms become broadly acceptable to the movement and it somewhat dissipates.

I think a minority in this thread would disagree with you on the importance of movements shifting the political ground, but a lot of your rhetoric seems to suggest just bypassing codified political structures because they’re broken. Or bypassing other things that characterise successful movements more generally.

If I’m misinterpreting I mean that’s somewhat on me but I don’t think I’m the only one somewhat confused as to what your vision of action encompasses
Let's start there.

I meant: "[being enfranchised into the voting process and things like legalistic rights being] some carrot dangled to placate these movements, rather than it being a key demand that’s being met." aren't mutually exclusive.

Are we understanding each other that far?

They’re not mutually exclusive, they are just different framings.

If person A’s goal is simply to be enfranchised in the electoralism machine, and that’s granted, it’s not some carrot or pseudo-bribe being dangled, it’s simply their ambitions being met. + Show Spoiler +
If person B’s goal is huge systemic change and their pressure gets the same concessions, it doesn’t meet their goals.

Certainly in the Northern Irish example, our Civil Right’s movement was mostly person As, with person Bs helping to push that along.

Your rhetoric seems to shit on boring old electoralism, and your evidence frequently invokes past movements whose actual goal was merely to be a meaningful part of that process.

If my read is off well, my bad


Okay.

Let's put/take "person A" from a real historical moment of "significant progress" in the US of your choice?


Either of them could pick that back up or anyone else could really. But you've all got important shitposting about the latest far-right nonsense to do and I understand you find that much more satisfying.

You could forget about Socialism for the moment if you will, I'm also talking about discussing plain lib/Dem/ilk ideas among yourselves.

Or, alternatively people couldn’t be arsed engaging with you based off your long posting history and aren’t especially interested in indulging you and what you think should be being discussed


Sure, that could be plausible. Except, setting aside the whole engaging with people calling others "retarded" and "autistic" thing, I'm again talking about the lib/Dem/ilk thread participants inability to/disinterest in discussing US politics among yourselves, while ignoring me/whoever else if you insist/must/choose.
Really? because the few times we've had without you or the latest right wing nut case have seen calm discussions among ourselves about whatever interesting topic happened to be brought up.

As for 'feeding the stupid' I will always point out how wrong they are simply because to do otherwise is to invite page upon page of misinformation without counter, anyone peeking in sees this misinformation without the followup pointing out how its just plain wrong and wonders if its actually true.
Thats how your grandma got to believing in jewish space lasers causing cancer.

The lies don't stop if you stop engaging them, they just spread.

I agree calling out the misinformation and deliberate bullshit helpful. The first couple of pages. But I think then, with all that's going on, we should ignore them. If someone has already called out the stupid, then we don't need to pile on, unless you're offering new information that the previous person left out.

I guess my disappointment, so to speak, is that this is all we can do. Everything we could possibly talk about is just "How incompetent can this administration be?!?!" And every day it's like they have to one up themselves.

US sends envoy to Pakistan for talks, Iran guffaws and sends no one. Envoy stays home. Dept of Labor head is out for abuse. 4-5 House reps resigned in what...3 months? Marijuana easements from the DOJ happened as well. Guess that last one isn't too bad.

One of the most sensible things I've read here in quite a bit. I expect it to be treated as such.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44361 Posts
April 26 2026 01:56 GMT
#113926
Presumably the latest in a series of time travelers trying to kill Trump. Secret Service never reveal any details on the shooters because of the implication.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
dyhb
Profile Joined August 2021
United States772 Posts
April 26 2026 01:57 GMT
#113927
On April 26 2026 10:46 WombaT wrote:
Man America really don’t make assassins like they used to do they?
Mentalist stock is way down …
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27462 Posts
April 26 2026 02:03 GMT
#113928
On April 26 2026 10:57 dyhb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2026 10:46 WombaT wrote:
Man America really don’t make assassins like they used to do they?
Mentalist stock is way down …

Make mentalists great again
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
LightSpectra
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3280 Posts
April 26 2026 02:10 GMT
#113929
Why don't all the time traveling assassins go for him at the same time instead of one-by-one like the mooks in martial arts movies/super sentai shows?
"don't try to pull a LightSpectra-Trumper"
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24377 Posts
April 26 2026 02:13 GMT
#113930
On April 26 2026 11:10 LightSpectra wrote:
Why don't all the time traveling assassins go for him at the same time instead of one-by-one like the mooks in martial arts movies/super sentai shows?

I can promise those imaginary lurkers that need your posts to prevent them from slipping into right-wing extremism don't think pining about more effective presidential assassination attempts is funny.

I do though, lol.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27462 Posts
April 26 2026 02:15 GMT
#113931
On April 26 2026 08:36 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2026 04:42 Gorsameth wrote:
On April 26 2026 04:21 GreenHorizons wrote:
On April 26 2026 01:00 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
Weirdly, I'm with GH on this. Stop feeding the stupid. There's no progress being made in this cesspool. You win no points. You've gained nothing. Stop. I want to participate in the thread, but what you've all been doing...fucking yuck.

"Feeding the stupid" is what makes them feel superior/enjoyment/what they gain. They aren't going to stop. I'm not even trying to get them to. I'm mostly just pointing out their demonstrable incapacity/refusal to do pretty much anything else. Since I'm objectively right, and they're marginally embarrassed by that, they just lash out at me and rationalize their behavior instead of taking the obviously valid criticism and simply discussing US politics topics they value among themselves instead of this petulant shitposting (or worse yet, treating the Sartres like serious interlocutors) LightSpectra and others are always rationalizing. This is part of why they are desperate to rehabilitate/normalize/engage Intro, despite knowing doing so ever so slightly helps Intro in shifting the Overton Window rightward

On April 26 2026 01:46 WombaT wrote:
On April 26 2026 00:39 GreenHorizons wrote:
On April 26 2026 00:28 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On April 26 2026 00:12 LightSpectra wrote:
On April 25 2026 23:51 GreenHorizons wrote:
On April 25 2026 22:23 LightSpectra wrote:
New page in this thread about the same discussion, Republicans here have still offered zero evidence.



On April 25 2026 23:33 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
We now have baal calling people retarded and autistic, and oBlade calling people trolls. Wow.


The turn of phrase "Duh!" comes to mind. You all know better, just can't help yourselves though.



If you just link back to your own post a few dozen more times, we will have achieved socialism.

Well played.

How so?

Here's where the "advancing socialism" (so to speak) discussion was left before the mock and gawk spam you guys prefer.

On April 14 2026 06:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
On April 14 2026 05:50 EnDeR_ wrote:
On April 14 2026 00:57 GreenHorizons wrote:
I'll come back to this later if you'd like (or if you and Ender would prefer to take it to my Blog I suppose that'd be fine). You guys are just on the verge of having something resembling a real discussion about the future of the opposition to Trump/Republicans and I'd like to see that develop.


Do you not re-read your posts before hitting the button? How did you not clock how condescending this last paragraph is?

In all honesty, the biggest problem in communicating with you, besides the shitty attitude, is the sheer quantity of references to different concepts that you never bother to explain in your posts.
Which concepts are you struggling with? (note: "struggling" isn't pejorative, it's complimentary)

That's not condescension, that was observation. For a moment the discussion between each of you seemed to look like it was going to turn to disagreements about how best to get from where we are here, today, to a future where AOC (or another preferred candidate) is a front runner, and/or the policies (ideally non-reformist reforms) we all mutually like are at the forefront of the platform for the Democrat nominee.

That rapidly devolved back into some variations of "vote blue no matter who or else!" (except Swalwell, which I suppose might be worth discussing) before the first candidate has even declared for the primary.

EDIT: Also I realize now I forgot Kwark has been quite clear he thinks Democrats should nominate the oldest whitest guy they can, not an AOC or Harris or whatever.

EDIT2:
On April 14 2026 06:17 KwarK wrote:
On April 14 2026 05:41 GreenHorizons wrote:
On April 14 2026 05:21 KwarK wrote:
On April 14 2026 03:53 GreenHorizons wrote:
Seems like everyone that's opined (except maybe RenSC2) would prefer AOC over the other candidates, but not so much that they'd actually want to start making an effort to convince the people (and that's a lot more people than Newsom or Harris will need to convince) they'll need to agree with us and work to help make AOC the nominee and eventually president.

GH: Dems only offer token resistance to Republicans while basically losing on purpose to help Republicans with their agenda

Also GH: Why aren’t people working harder to make a woman of colour outsider the Democratic nominee


Are you trying to point out that I'm right or that the posters here aren't "Dems" so much as "independents" and/or "socialists" that believe Democrats are the only viable political body/strategy to even potentially move their interests forward?

+ Show Spoiler +
Neither. You seem not to have noticed that the American population are deeply racist and sexist. That’s something that needs to be incorporated into your strategy. If you plan on doing a revolution before the next election then fine, voter prejudice is not an issue. But if you don’t then
we need to find us an old white male reality tv star or we’ll have another 4 years of Trump.


Yeah, I remembered.


and

On April 22 2026 03:49 GreenHorizons wrote:
On April 22 2026 03:23 WombaT wrote:
On April 22 2026 02:18 GreenHorizons wrote:
On April 22 2026 01:10 WombaT wrote:
On April 21 2026 20:10 GreenHorizons wrote:
[quote]
Sort of?

Those aren't mutually exclusive. I'm pretty familiar with the history, so you know you're not bringing new information to my attention.

What exactly in the quoted post are you trying to dispute?

Your previous narrative almost presents these approaches as parallel if not directly oppositional.

I may be misunderstanding you on certain points, fair enough that may be on me.

+ Show Spoiler +
I assume we agree that public sentiment and electoral politics don’t enjoy a mutually beneficial symbiotic relationship, the leverage is required but what is the pivot?

I think your characterisation of historic political movements is either incorrect, or alternatively I’m just reading you wrong. Which makes adoption into modern contexts strategically flawed, assuming I’m not reading you wrong.

It’s very frequently ‘I want to be in the club too’, and not ‘let’s destroy the club’, a movement pushes the Overton Window sufficiently that political, legal or cultural norms become broadly acceptable to the movement and it somewhat dissipates.

I think a minority in this thread would disagree with you on the importance of movements shifting the political ground, but a lot of your rhetoric seems to suggest just bypassing codified political structures because they’re broken. Or bypassing other things that characterise successful movements more generally.

If I’m misinterpreting I mean that’s somewhat on me but I don’t think I’m the only one somewhat confused as to what your vision of action encompasses
Let's start there.

I meant: "[being enfranchised into the voting process and things like legalistic rights being] some carrot dangled to placate these movements, rather than it being a key demand that’s being met." aren't mutually exclusive.

Are we understanding each other that far?

They’re not mutually exclusive, they are just different framings.

If person A’s goal is simply to be enfranchised in the electoralism machine, and that’s granted, it’s not some carrot or pseudo-bribe being dangled, it’s simply their ambitions being met. + Show Spoiler +
If person B’s goal is huge systemic change and their pressure gets the same concessions, it doesn’t meet their goals.

Certainly in the Northern Irish example, our Civil Right’s movement was mostly person As, with person Bs helping to push that along.

Your rhetoric seems to shit on boring old electoralism, and your evidence frequently invokes past movements whose actual goal was merely to be a meaningful part of that process.

If my read is off well, my bad


Okay.

Let's put/take "person A" from a real historical moment of "significant progress" in the US of your choice?


Either of them could pick that back up or anyone else could really. But you've all got important shitposting about the latest far-right nonsense to do and I understand you find that much more satisfying.

You could forget about Socialism for the moment if you will, I'm also talking about discussing plain lib/Dem/ilk ideas among yourselves.

Or, alternatively people couldn’t be arsed engaging with you based off your long posting history and aren’t especially interested in indulging you and what you think should be being discussed


Sure, that could be plausible. Except, setting aside the whole engaging with people calling others "retarded" and "autistic" thing, I'm again talking about the lib/Dem/ilk thread participants inability to/disinterest in discussing US politics among yourselves, while ignoring me/whoever else if you insist/must/choose.
Really? because the few times we've had without you or the latest right wing nut case have seen calm discussions among ourselves about whatever interesting topic happened to be brought up.

As for 'feeding the stupid' I will always point out how wrong they are simply because to do otherwise is to invite page upon page of misinformation without counter, anyone peeking in sees this misinformation without the followup pointing out how its just plain wrong and wonders if its actually true.
Thats how your grandma got to believing in jewish space lasers causing cancer.

The lies don't stop if you stop engaging them, they just spread.

I agree calling out the misinformation and deliberate bullshit helpful. The first couple of pages. But I think then, with all that's going on, we should ignore them. If someone has already called out the stupid, then we don't need to pile on, unless you're offering new information that the previous person left out.

I guess my disappointment, so to speak, is that this is all we can do. Everything we could possibly talk about is just "How incompetent can this administration be?!?!" And every day it's like they have to one up themselves.

US sends envoy to Pakistan for talks, Iran guffaws and sends no one. Envoy stays home. Dept of Labor head is out for abuse. 4-5 House reps resigned in what...3 months? Marijuana easements from the DOJ happened as well. Guess that last one isn't too bad.

Ah it’s just how the thread goes really. Usually some other topic pops up to drag us away from circular hell, but if there’s a lull we be trapped there.

Way I see it, it’s worth arguing to a perhaps excessive degree merely for the benefit of third party observers or lurkers. Fucking tedious though it may be. And involving much repetition with only slight iteration that it may take.

Or to frame it another way, if you can’t win the easiest of battles, what hope the tough ones?

In an ideal world, or indeed merely a slightly less shite world I’d 100% agree with you
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27462 Posts
April 26 2026 02:19 GMT
#113932
I’ve seen multiple references to time travel from different posters, is there something I’m missing here?
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46498 Posts
April 26 2026 02:35 GMT
#113933
On April 26 2026 11:19 WombaT wrote:
I’ve seen multiple references to time travel from different posters, is there something I’m missing here?

I think it's a reference to the idea of how a time traveler might want to go back in time and kill Hitler before he did all his Nazi things... except Hitler is replaced with Trump, and is referencing the people who have tried to shoot him during his presidencies.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27462 Posts
Last Edited: 2026-04-26 02:47:28
April 26 2026 02:39 GMT
#113934
On April 26 2026 11:35 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2026 11:19 WombaT wrote:
I’ve seen multiple references to time travel from different posters, is there something I’m missing here?

I think it's a reference to the idea of how a time traveler might want to go back in time and kill Hitler before he did all his Nazi things... except Hitler is replaced with Trump, and is referencing the people who have tried to shoot him during his presidencies.

I hope so. It had genuinely crossed my mind that the MAGA crew had some conspiracy theory involving time-travelling assassins or something

That I can earnestly say such a thing crossed my mind, not a good sign…

I mean obviously not the actual time-travelling assassins part, that’s beyond idiotic.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46498 Posts
April 26 2026 02:41 GMT
#113935
On April 26 2026 11:39 WombaT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2026 11:35 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On April 26 2026 11:19 WombaT wrote:
I’ve seen multiple references to time travel from different posters, is there something I’m missing here?

I think it's a reference to the idea of how a time traveler might want to go back in time and kill Hitler before he did all his Nazi things... except Hitler is replaced with Trump, and is referencing the people who have tried to shoot him during his presidencies.

I hope so. It had genuinely crossed my mind that the MAGA crew had some conspiracy theory involving time-travelling assassins or something

That I can earnestly say such a thing crossed my mind, not a good sign…

Well I just Googled "MAGA time traveler conspiracy" and I did not get zero results lol.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
LightSpectra
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3280 Posts
April 26 2026 02:44 GMT
#113936
Chem trails are left behind by time travel ships, which Jewish space lasers try to shoot down but fail because of Democratic weather-controlling machines.
"don't try to pull a LightSpectra-Trumper"
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27462 Posts
April 26 2026 02:48 GMT
#113937
On April 26 2026 11:41 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2026 11:39 WombaT wrote:
On April 26 2026 11:35 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On April 26 2026 11:19 WombaT wrote:
I’ve seen multiple references to time travel from different posters, is there something I’m missing here?

I think it's a reference to the idea of how a time traveler might want to go back in time and kill Hitler before he did all his Nazi things... except Hitler is replaced with Trump, and is referencing the people who have tried to shoot him during his presidencies.

I hope so. It had genuinely crossed my mind that the MAGA crew had some conspiracy theory involving time-travelling assassins or something

That I can earnestly say such a thing crossed my mind, not a good sign…

Well I just Googled "MAGA time traveler conspiracy" and I did not get zero results lol.

Having replicated your results, oh dear…
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27462 Posts
April 26 2026 02:50 GMT
#113938
On April 26 2026 11:44 LightSpectra wrote:
Chem trails are left behind by time travel ships, which Jewish space lasers try to shoot down but fail because of Democratic weather-controlling machines.

How does Obama fit into all of this?
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
LightSpectra
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3280 Posts
April 26 2026 02:52 GMT
#113939
He keeps the beacon calling the time travelers lit, in the basement of a pizza restaurant with no basement.
"don't try to pull a LightSpectra-Trumper"
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
April 26 2026 02:58 GMT
#113940
That's HUSSEIN Obama to you.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
Prev 1 5695 5696 5697 5698 5699 5997 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 469
actioN 451
Leta 373
sSak 44
Bale 31
sorry 30
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
Noble 15
Dota 2
febbydoto15
League of Legends
JimRising 538
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss347
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King150
Other Games
summit1g7184
ceh9442
olofmeister307
Happy271
Sick167
Trikslyr24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick492
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast40
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2228
League of Legends
• Stunt451
Other Games
• Shiphtur469
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
3h 43m
Patches Events
8h 43m
The PondCast
1d 2h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.