• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:44
CEST 18:44
KST 01:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8455 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 5557

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5555 5556 5557 5558 5559 5994 Next
Now that we have a new thread, in order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a complete and thorough read before posting!

NOTE: When providing a source, please provide a very brief summary on what it's about and what purpose it adds to the discussion. The supporting statement should clearly explain why the subject is relevant and needs to be discussed. Please follow this rule especially for tweets.

Your supporting statement should always come BEFORE you provide the source.


If you have any questions, comments, concern, or feedback regarding the USPMT, then please use this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/website-feedback/510156-us-politics-thread
doubleupgradeobbies!
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Australia1354 Posts
Last Edited: 2026-03-13 17:55:16
March 13 2026 17:46 GMT
#111121
On March 14 2026 01:10 oBlade wrote:

I'm just not impressed at you gatekeeping "context." People buy Creed t-shirts and wear them at places other than Creed concerts. Yankees hats are also worn in football season. Your standards of normalcy that they are supposed to remain in their designated compartments doesn't seem the same as western free expression. As long as more people get randomly attacked for wearing red hats than anything else, I'm on the don't jump to conclusions demonizing clothes side.

You see more MAGA hats than Build Back Better hats now because winning is stylish, and also "MAGA" is aesthetically more stylish. (Similar to why Newsom and leftists can't help but copy and imitate Trump, or do Trump impressions.) I absolutely see Love Trumps Hate, He Will Not Divide Us, #RESIST. I saw plenty of Hope and Change and Yes We Can t-shirts. Saw many more people watch Obama be inaugurated. These are not irrational behaviors. You're allowed to just like people and things. If you're Australian you might get only a partial seep of US culture and think red hats are the only merch that circulate, I don't know.


Cmon, you can't be that obtuse unintentionally. An inauguration is a specifically political event, as are political rallies, protests, CPAC etc. Would be perfectly normal for people to show up in political merchandise there, in large numbers.

Showing up anywhere with logos of sports teams, fashion labels, bands etc also normal and common.

Showing up en mass in political merchandise to normal everyday things like sporting events was very much not the norm (again excepting very close to elections).

I'm not doing the gatekeeping, these are not my standards. It's an observation of how people have behaved.

I'm not imposing my opinion of where I think certain expressions of political allegiance are appropriate. Just pointing out a change in the norms of this behaviour that seems to have occurred.

What I am supposing, is that the change where people are wearing political merchandise, implies a change in the roles/importance of politics, or political allegiance in their lives.
MSL, 2003-2011, RIP. OSL, 2000-2012, RIP. Proleague, 2003-2012, RIP. And then there was none... Even good things must come to an end.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46481 Posts
March 13 2026 17:48 GMT
#111122
On March 14 2026 02:11 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2026 01:54 LightSpectra wrote:
Has literally any Democrat in this thread ever said at any point "voting is totally sufficient by itself, don't even bother with protests, canvassing, union activity, civil disobedience," etc.?

You guys don't really debate about anything Democrats are/should be doing (other than perhaps a little when I press it). There's been no discussions on who should be primaried in the midterms for not sufficiently resisting Trump (DPB's/John Oliver's idea) or how to identify who that is (my idea) as just one example.

All you guys do here is mock and gawk Sartres while waiting to spam variations of "vote blue no matter who" because you believe that is the most effective way to preserve your "pretty tolerable lives" regardless of who has to lose their life as a consequence.

This isn't even opinion/prognostication at this point, it's demonstrable fact that several of you have expressed/exemplified pretty openly.

Two shout-outs in a single GH post? Oh my! I'm sorry, but I'm a married man!
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
March 13 2026 17:54 GMT
#111123
On March 14 2026 02:46 doubleupgradeobbies! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2026 01:10 oBlade wrote:

I'm just not impressed at you gatekeeping "context." People buy Creed t-shirts and wear them at places other than Creed concerts. Yankees hats are also worn in football season. Your standards of normalcy that they are supposed to remain in their designated compartments doesn't seem the same as western free expression. As long as more people get randomly attacked for wearing red hats than anything else, I'm on the don't jump to conclusions demonizing clothes side.

You see more MAGA hats than Build Back Better hats now because winning is stylish, and also "MAGA" is aesthetically more stylish. (Similar to why Newsom and leftists can't help but copy and imitate Trump, or do Trump impressions.) I absolutely see Love Trumps Hate, He Will Not Divide Us, #RESIST. I saw plenty of Hope and Change and Yes We Can t-shirts. Saw many more people watch Obama be inaugurated. These are not irrational behaviors. You're allowed to just like people and things. If you're Australian you might get only a partial seep of US culture and think red hats are the only merch that circulate, I don't know.


Cmon, you can't be that obtuse unintentionally. + Show Spoiler +
An inauguration is a specifically political event, as are political rallies, protests, CPAC etc. Would be perfectly normal for people to show up in political merchandise there.

Showing up anywhere with logos of sports teams, fashion labels, bands etc also normal and common.

Showing up en mass in political merchandise to normal everyday things like sporting events was very much not the norm (again excepting very close to elections).

I'm not doing the gatekeeping, these are not my standards. It's an observation of how people have behaved.

I'm not imposing my opinion of where I think certain expressions of political allegiance are appropriate. Just pointing out a change in the norms of this behaviour that seems to have occurred.
Everyone here knows/believes oBlade is doing this on purpose to lol at them for engaging with it instead of figuring out how to stop the fascism and they've known oBlade (and other Sartres) have been doing this for years.

Kudos to those of you that have the self-awareness/dignity to have stopped, looking forward to the next steps.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
March 13 2026 17:55 GMT
#111124
On March 14 2026 02:48 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2026 02:11 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 14 2026 01:54 LightSpectra wrote:
Has literally any Democrat in this thread ever said at any point "voting is totally sufficient by itself, don't even bother with protests, canvassing, union activity, civil disobedience," etc.?

You guys don't really debate about anything Democrats are/should be doing (other than perhaps a little when I press it). There's been no discussions on who should be primaried in the midterms for not sufficiently resisting Trump (DPB's/John Oliver's idea) or how to identify who that is (my idea) as just one example.

All you guys do here is mock and gawk Sartres while waiting to spam variations of "vote blue no matter who" because you believe that is the most effective way to preserve your "pretty tolerable lives" regardless of who has to lose their life as a consequence.

This isn't even opinion/prognostication at this point, it's demonstrable fact that several of you have expressed/exemplified pretty openly.

Two shout-outs in a single GH post? Oh my! I'm sorry, but I'm a married man!

You ever work on how to identify who is sufficiently resisting Trump or have you been working on that shitpost the whole time?
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46481 Posts
Last Edited: 2026-03-13 18:23:59
March 13 2026 18:20 GMT
#111125
On March 14 2026 02:55 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2026 02:48 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On March 14 2026 02:11 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 14 2026 01:54 LightSpectra wrote:
Has literally any Democrat in this thread ever said at any point "voting is totally sufficient by itself, don't even bother with protests, canvassing, union activity, civil disobedience," etc.?

You guys don't really debate about anything Democrats are/should be doing (other than perhaps a little when I press it). There's been no discussions on who should be primaried in the midterms for not sufficiently resisting Trump (DPB's/John Oliver's idea) or how to identify who that is (my idea) as just one example.

All you guys do here is mock and gawk Sartres while waiting to spam variations of "vote blue no matter who" because you believe that is the most effective way to preserve your "pretty tolerable lives" regardless of who has to lose their life as a consequence.

This isn't even opinion/prognostication at this point, it's demonstrable fact that several of you have expressed/exemplified pretty openly.

Two shout-outs in a single GH post? Oh my! I'm sorry, but I'm a married man!

You ever work on how to identify who is sufficiently resisting Trump or have you been working on that shitpost the whole time?

If I had a dollar for every time you quoted me, I wouldn't have to live rent-free inside your head <3
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
Last Edited: 2026-03-13 18:28:47
March 13 2026 18:27 GMT
#111126
On March 14 2026 03:20 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2026 02:55 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 14 2026 02:48 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On March 14 2026 02:11 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 14 2026 01:54 LightSpectra wrote:
Has literally any Democrat in this thread ever said at any point "voting is totally sufficient by itself, don't even bother with protests, canvassing, union activity, civil disobedience," etc.?

You guys don't really debate about anything Democrats are/should be doing (other than perhaps a little when I press it). There's been no discussions on who should be primaried in the midterms for not sufficiently resisting Trump (DPB's/John Oliver's idea) or how to identify who that is (my idea) as just one example.

All you guys do here is mock and gawk Sartres while waiting to spam variations of "vote blue no matter who" because you believe that is the most effective way to preserve your "pretty tolerable lives" regardless of who has to lose their life as a consequence.

This isn't even opinion/prognostication at this point, it's demonstrable fact that several of you have expressed/exemplified pretty openly.

Two shout-outs in a single GH post? Oh my! I'm sorry, but I'm a married man!

You ever work on how to identify who is sufficiently resisting Trump or have you been working on that shitpost the whole time?

If I had a dollar for every time you quoted me, I wouldn't have to live rent-free in your head <3

Your self-aggrandizing shitposting aside, those examples that include you are merely demonstrative of the objectively observable pattern here highlighted by referencing those posts that happen to be yours.

"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
dyhb
Profile Joined August 2021
United States769 Posts
March 13 2026 18:34 GMT
#111127
On March 14 2026 02:46 doubleupgradeobbies! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2026 01:10 oBlade wrote:

I'm just not impressed at you gatekeeping "context." People buy Creed t-shirts and wear them at places other than Creed concerts. Yankees hats are also worn in football season. Your standards of normalcy that they are supposed to remain in their designated compartments doesn't seem the same as western free expression. As long as more people get randomly attacked for wearing red hats than anything else, I'm on the don't jump to conclusions demonizing clothes side.

You see more MAGA hats than Build Back Better hats now because winning is stylish, and also "MAGA" is aesthetically more stylish. (Similar to why Newsom and leftists can't help but copy and imitate Trump, or do Trump impressions.) I absolutely see Love Trumps Hate, He Will Not Divide Us, #RESIST. I saw plenty of Hope and Change and Yes We Can t-shirts. Saw many more people watch Obama be inaugurated. These are not irrational behaviors. You're allowed to just like people and things. If you're Australian you might get only a partial seep of US culture and think red hats are the only merch that circulate, I don't know.


Cmon, you can't be that obtuse unintentionally. An inauguration is a specifically political event, as are political rallies, protests, CPAC etc. Would be perfectly normal for people to show up in political merchandise there, in large numbers.

Showing up anywhere with logos of sports teams, fashion labels, bands etc also normal and common.

Showing up en mass in political merchandise to normal everyday things like sporting events was very much not the norm (again excepting very close to elections).

I'm not doing the gatekeeping, these are not my standards. It's an observation of how people have behaved.

I'm not imposing my opinion of where I think certain expressions of political allegiance are appropriate. Just pointing out a change in the norms of this behaviour that seems to have occurred.

What I am supposing, is that the change where people are wearing political merchandise, implies a change in the roles/importance of politics, or political allegiance in their lives.
I think you've shot all the way past cult membership and arrived at the circular logic of normative things being normative. This is quite literally gatekeeping: we know similar behaviors are not cultish because they are common and normative, but this particular behavior is cultish because it does not abide by my standards of behavior. Ccommon enough to bestow cult status, but obviously not common enough to be like sports teams, bands. I don't buy that as an explanation or a defense.

I'll obviously call it weird and obsessive if that's the only hat somebody wears out in public, but I'm quite willing to say the same about sports fandom. If we're going with a very broad definition of cultish, then you're going to sweep up "In this house we believe" and pride-flag/pride displays. There's some element of agreeing with the message that tilts things here. I don't think any of those qualify and I like standards that don't have to shift on viewpoint.

The cultish behavior is around, and it's manifested in instances like someone that hates foreign wars but likes Trumps', hates any rise in taxes and is smart enough to know about tariffs but supports the tariffs, switched their view on birthright citizenship the second Trump attacked it, doesn't believe conspiracy theories except the one that malign actors stole the 2020 election, knows about the very public instances of Trump/Trump admin corruption but will never condemn it.
XenOsky
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Chile2358 Posts
Last Edited: 2026-03-13 18:46:27
March 13 2026 18:44 GMT
#111128
hollyfuck dude

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


why waste time
ἡ τῆς Νεμέσεως τάξις
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46481 Posts
March 13 2026 18:54 GMT
#111129
On March 14 2026 03:27 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2026 03:20 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On March 14 2026 02:55 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 14 2026 02:48 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On March 14 2026 02:11 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 14 2026 01:54 LightSpectra wrote:
Has literally any Democrat in this thread ever said at any point "voting is totally sufficient by itself, don't even bother with protests, canvassing, union activity, civil disobedience," etc.?

You guys don't really debate about anything Democrats are/should be doing (other than perhaps a little when I press it). There's been no discussions on who should be primaried in the midterms for not sufficiently resisting Trump (DPB's/John Oliver's idea) or how to identify who that is (my idea) as just one example.

All you guys do here is mock and gawk Sartres while waiting to spam variations of "vote blue no matter who" because you believe that is the most effective way to preserve your "pretty tolerable lives" regardless of who has to lose their life as a consequence.

This isn't even opinion/prognostication at this point, it's demonstrable fact that several of you have expressed/exemplified pretty openly.

Two shout-outs in a single GH post? Oh my! I'm sorry, but I'm a married man!

You ever work on how to identify who is sufficiently resisting Trump or have you been working on that shitpost the whole time?

If I had a dollar for every time you quoted me, I wouldn't have to live rent-free in your head <3

Your self-aggrandizing shitposting aside, those examples that include you are merely demonstrative of the objectively observable pattern here highlighted by referencing those posts that happen to be yours.


The first 5 or so times that you reposted the same links and quotes of mine, I took them seriously. I'm past that now. Maybe mocking a shitposter makes me one too, but maybe you would receive less criticism if you got some new material and weren't so predictable. I appreciate you bringing me up though, even when I'm not part of the conversation!
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
LightSpectra
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3265 Posts
March 13 2026 19:01 GMT
#111130
On March 14 2026 03:44 XenOsky wrote:
hollyfuck dude

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


why waste time


Other people might have different answers, but personally, I don't call out fascist lies because I expect fascists to suddenly change their mind and realize their folly, but rather because I don't want fascists to take over this thread and any unwitting passerbys to read it and get radicalized by it.
"don't try to pull a LightSpectra-Trumper"
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46481 Posts
March 13 2026 19:16 GMT
#111131
On March 14 2026 04:01 LightSpectra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2026 03:44 XenOsky wrote:
hollyfuck dude

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


why waste time


Other people might have different answers, but personally, I don't call out fascist lies because I expect fascists to suddenly change their mind and realize their folly, but rather because I don't want fascists to take over this thread and any unwitting passerbys to read it and get radicalized by it.

Yeah I think that's generally a good approach / perspective for forums or debates where others might be watching: you probably won't change the mind of your interlocutor, but you can hopefully model a relatively better argument or justification for neutral parties / fence sitters to witness, judge, and hopefully be persuaded by.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
Last Edited: 2026-03-13 19:39:19
March 13 2026 19:30 GMT
#111132
On March 14 2026 03:54 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2026 03:27 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 14 2026 03:20 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On March 14 2026 02:55 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 14 2026 02:48 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On March 14 2026 02:11 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 14 2026 01:54 LightSpectra wrote:
Has literally any Democrat in this thread ever said at any point "voting is totally sufficient by itself, don't even bother with protests, canvassing, union activity, civil disobedience," etc.?

You guys don't really debate about anything Democrats are/should be doing (other than perhaps a little when I press it). There's been no discussions on who should be primaried in the midterms for not sufficiently resisting Trump (DPB's/John Oliver's idea) or how to identify who that is (my idea) as just one example.

All you guys do here is mock and gawk Sartres while waiting to spam variations of "vote blue no matter who" because you believe that is the most effective way to preserve your "pretty tolerable lives" regardless of who has to lose their life as a consequence.

This isn't even opinion/prognostication at this point, it's demonstrable fact that several of you have expressed/exemplified pretty openly.

Two shout-outs in a single GH post? Oh my! I'm sorry, but I'm a married man!

You ever work on how to identify who is sufficiently resisting Trump or have you been working on that shitpost the whole time?

If I had a dollar for every time you quoted me, I wouldn't have to live rent-free in your head <3

Your self-aggrandizing shitposting aside, those examples that include you are merely demonstrative of the objectively observable pattern here highlighted by referencing those posts that happen to be yours.


The first 5 or so times that you reposted the same links and quotes of mine, I took them seriously. I'm past that now. Maybe mocking a shitposter makes me one too, but maybe you would receive less criticism if you got some new material and weren't so predictable. I appreciate you bringing me up though, even when I'm not part of the conversation!
I just use that link so that you guys can't reasonably pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about so I have to explain it again.

I honestly forgot the mock and gawk summary/explanation of the term had a post from you quoted in it until I tried to decipher your shitposting.

The other quote is just demonstrating that you specifically, but also libs/Dems/ilk here generally, didn't spend the year since you presented the idea to "primary Democrats that aren't willing to fight for Americans" figuring out how to identify who that is, figuring out how to do so, or much of anything else useful. Instead we have dozens of examples over a ~year of you guys shitposting in response to the idea and incessantly mock and gawking with Sartres instead. These recent self-aggrandizing shitposts from you serving to further affirm my observations. Now you're congratulating yourselves for falling into their trap thinking you might convince some mythical "swing voters lurkers".

*deep sigh*
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
LightSpectra
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3265 Posts
March 13 2026 19:39 GMT
#111133
Random people getting radicalized by Internet forums is mythical (let's not talk about 4chan). Instead of worrying about them, we should come up with a plan to save the Democratic Party, because the highest-level advisors to the DNC if not the executive leadership themselves are definitely reading this thread.
"don't try to pull a LightSpectra-Trumper"
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27451 Posts
March 13 2026 19:39 GMT
#111134
On March 14 2026 04:16 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2026 04:01 LightSpectra wrote:
On March 14 2026 03:44 XenOsky wrote:
hollyfuck dude

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


why waste time


Other people might have different answers, but personally, I don't call out fascist lies because I expect fascists to suddenly change their mind and realize their folly, but rather because I don't want fascists to take over this thread and any unwitting passerbys to read it and get radicalized by it.

Yeah I think that's generally a good approach / perspective for forums or debates where others might be watching: you probably won't change the mind of your interlocutor, but you can hopefully model a relatively better argument or justification for neutral parties / fence sitters to witness, judge, and hopefully be persuaded by.

Yeah I don’t argue with my de facto brother in law to convince him, but because his unwell and long-term unemployed father will go down his rabbitholes rather than mine given he spends a lot of time online.

Which my partner, despite being sick of me arguing politics all the time does concede is semi-successful

Like for my money it ain’t about who you’re talking to in this day and age, but who might be listening
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
March 13 2026 19:42 GMT
#111135
On March 14 2026 04:39 LightSpectra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2026 04:30 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 14 2026 03:54 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On March 14 2026 03:27 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 14 2026 03:20 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On March 14 2026 02:55 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 14 2026 02:48 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On March 14 2026 02:11 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 14 2026 01:54 LightSpectra wrote:
Has literally any Democrat in this thread ever said at any point "voting is totally sufficient by itself, don't even bother with protests, canvassing, union activity, civil disobedience," etc.?

You guys don't really debate about anything Democrats are/should be doing (other than perhaps a little when I press it). There's been no discussions on who should be primaried in the midterms for not sufficiently resisting Trump (DPB's/John Oliver's idea) or how to identify who that is (my idea) as just one example.

All you guys do here is mock and gawk Sartres while waiting to spam variations of "vote blue no matter who" because you believe that is the most effective way to preserve your "pretty tolerable lives" regardless of who has to lose their life as a consequence.

This isn't even opinion/prognostication at this point, it's demonstrable fact that several of you have expressed/exemplified pretty openly.

Two shout-outs in a single GH post? Oh my! I'm sorry, but I'm a married man!

You ever work on how to identify who is sufficiently resisting Trump or have you been working on that shitpost the whole time?

If I had a dollar for every time you quoted me, I wouldn't have to live rent-free in your head <3

Your self-aggrandizing shitposting aside, those examples that include you are merely demonstrative of the objectively observable pattern here highlighted by referencing those posts that happen to be yours.


The first 5 or so times that you reposted the same links and quotes of mine, I took them seriously. I'm past that now. Maybe mocking a shitposter makes me one too, but maybe you would receive less criticism if you got some new material and weren't so predictable. I appreciate you bringing me up though, even when I'm not part of the conversation!
I just use that link so that you guys can't reasonably pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about so I have to explain it again.

I honestly forgot the mock and gawk summary/explanation of the term had a post from you quoted in it until I tried to decipher your shitposting.

The other quote is just demonstrating that you specifically, but also libs/Dems/ilk here generally, didn't spend the year since you presented the idea to "primary Democrats that aren't willing to fight for Americans" figuring out how to identify who that is, figuring out how to do so, or much of anything else useful. Instead we have dozens of examples over a ~year of you guys shitposting in response to the idea and incessantly mock and gawking with Sartres instead. These recent self-aggrandizing shitposts from you serving to further affirm my observations. Now you're congratulating yourselves for falling into their trap thinking you might convince some mythical "swing voters lurkers".

*deep sigh*

Random people getting radicalized by Internet forums is mythical (let's not talk about 4chan). Instead of worrying about them, we should come up with a plan to save the Democratic Party, because the highest-level advisors to the DNC if not the executive leadership themselves are definitely reading this thread.

I know you can't help but set up strawmen and then shitpost celebrating your victory over your strawmen, but even you have to know that even the DNC leadership says it has to start from the bottom up silly.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
LightSpectra
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3265 Posts
March 13 2026 19:48 GMT
#111136
The TL.net US Politics Mega-thread is simultaneously so unimportant that nobody could ever get radicalized by the fascists posting in it, but somehow also the grassroots backbone that could very well constitute the very future of the Democratic Party itself.
"don't try to pull a LightSpectra-Trumper"
Billyboy
Profile Joined September 2024
2451 Posts
March 13 2026 19:57 GMT
#111137
I like to imagine a world where GH held himself to the same standard he admonishes everyone else to. It wouldn’t change the world but it would make the thread much more tolerable.

That or everyone just ignored him because he says nothing interesting and is a just a pretentious insecure dick trying to make himself feel better by talking down to others.
Jankisa
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Croatia1757 Posts
March 13 2026 20:12 GMT
#111138
Oh, random people getting radicalized online happens all the time, a lot of the mass shootings over the last 10 years has been a direct result of online radicalization, from incels, alt-righters, ethno-nationalists, radical Islamists all the way to NVE category where some of the recent trans shooters fall in:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihilistic_violent_extremism

I personally like to think that providing relatively reasonable spaces for people to talk to, giving good advice and being part of online communities can be a good thing, it doesn't happen a whole lot online, most of the communication is shit, and a lot of time people are driven to nihilistic doomer parts of the internet designed to be echo chambers which very often turn violent.

Good podcast covering specifically incel and "looksmaxxing" culture:

So, are you a pessimist? - On my better days. Are you a nihilist? - Not as much as I should be.
Fleetfeet
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Canada2836 Posts
March 13 2026 20:14 GMT
#111139
On March 14 2026 03:34 dyhb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2026 02:46 doubleupgradeobbies! wrote:
On March 14 2026 01:10 oBlade wrote:

I'm just not impressed at you gatekeeping "context." People buy Creed t-shirts and wear them at places other than Creed concerts. Yankees hats are also worn in football season. Your standards of normalcy that they are supposed to remain in their designated compartments doesn't seem the same as western free expression. As long as more people get randomly attacked for wearing red hats than anything else, I'm on the don't jump to conclusions demonizing clothes side.

You see more MAGA hats than Build Back Better hats now because winning is stylish, and also "MAGA" is aesthetically more stylish. (Similar to why Newsom and leftists can't help but copy and imitate Trump, or do Trump impressions.) I absolutely see Love Trumps Hate, He Will Not Divide Us, #RESIST. I saw plenty of Hope and Change and Yes We Can t-shirts. Saw many more people watch Obama be inaugurated. These are not irrational behaviors. You're allowed to just like people and things. If you're Australian you might get only a partial seep of US culture and think red hats are the only merch that circulate, I don't know.


Cmon, you can't be that obtuse unintentionally. An inauguration is a specifically political event, as are political rallies, protests, CPAC etc. Would be perfectly normal for people to show up in political merchandise there, in large numbers.

Showing up anywhere with logos of sports teams, fashion labels, bands etc also normal and common.

Showing up en mass in political merchandise to normal everyday things like sporting events was very much not the norm (again excepting very close to elections).

I'm not doing the gatekeeping, these are not my standards. It's an observation of how people have behaved.

I'm not imposing my opinion of where I think certain expressions of political allegiance are appropriate. Just pointing out a change in the norms of this behaviour that seems to have occurred.

What I am supposing, is that the change where people are wearing political merchandise, implies a change in the roles/importance of politics, or political allegiance in their lives.
I think you've shot all the way past cult membership and arrived at the circular logic of normative things being normative. This is quite literally gatekeeping: we know similar behaviors are not cultish because they are common and normative, but this particular behavior is cultish because it does not abide by my standards of behavior. Ccommon enough to bestow cult status, but obviously not common enough to be like sports teams, bands. I don't buy that as an explanation or a defense.

I'll obviously call it weird and obsessive if that's the only hat somebody wears out in public, but I'm quite willing to say the same about sports fandom. If we're going with a very broad definition of cultish, then you're going to sweep up "In this house we believe" and pride-flag/pride displays. There's some element of agreeing with the message that tilts things here. I don't think any of those qualify and I like standards that don't have to shift on viewpoint.

The cultish behavior is around, and it's manifested in instances like someone that hates foreign wars but likes Trumps', hates any rise in taxes and is smart enough to know about tariffs but supports the tariffs, switched their view on birthright citizenship the second Trump attacked it, doesn't believe conspiracy theories except the one that malign actors stole the 2020 election, knows about the very public instances of Trump/Trump admin corruption but will never condemn it.


Is there a normal culture of political display outside of MAGA/Trump?

I can think of things like confederate flags or, as you mention, rainbow flags that have certain connections to political ideas, but I can't think of as many that are direct result of a single person. Did people wear tan suits after whatever happened with Obama?

The thing with sports hats is that people commune over their love of sports and competition. It doesn't seem unreasonable to see that happening with politics hats and think that's a bit culty and odd (and I'm very glad there's not an aggressive equivalent in Bernie Sanders or something on the other side. That would be worse, not better.)
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27451 Posts
March 13 2026 20:18 GMT
#111140
On March 14 2026 04:42 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2026 04:39 LightSpectra wrote:
On March 14 2026 04:30 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 14 2026 03:54 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On March 14 2026 03:27 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 14 2026 03:20 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On March 14 2026 02:55 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 14 2026 02:48 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On March 14 2026 02:11 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 14 2026 01:54 LightSpectra wrote:
Has literally any Democrat in this thread ever said at any point "voting is totally sufficient by itself, don't even bother with protests, canvassing, union activity, civil disobedience," etc.?

You guys don't really debate about anything Democrats are/should be doing (other than perhaps a little when I press it). There's been no discussions on who should be primaried in the midterms for not sufficiently resisting Trump (DPB's/John Oliver's idea) or how to identify who that is (my idea) as just one example.

All you guys do here is mock and gawk Sartres while waiting to spam variations of "vote blue no matter who" because you believe that is the most effective way to preserve your "pretty tolerable lives" regardless of who has to lose their life as a consequence.

This isn't even opinion/prognostication at this point, it's demonstrable fact that several of you have expressed/exemplified pretty openly.

Two shout-outs in a single GH post? Oh my! I'm sorry, but I'm a married man!

You ever work on how to identify who is sufficiently resisting Trump or have you been working on that shitpost the whole time?

If I had a dollar for every time you quoted me, I wouldn't have to live rent-free in your head <3

Your self-aggrandizing shitposting aside, those examples that include you are merely demonstrative of the objectively observable pattern here highlighted by referencing those posts that happen to be yours.


The first 5 or so times that you reposted the same links and quotes of mine, I took them seriously. I'm past that now. Maybe mocking a shitposter makes me one too, but maybe you would receive less criticism if you got some new material and weren't so predictable. I appreciate you bringing me up though, even when I'm not part of the conversation!
I just use that link so that you guys can't reasonably pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about so I have to explain it again.

I honestly forgot the mock and gawk summary/explanation of the term had a post from you quoted in it until I tried to decipher your shitposting.

The other quote is just demonstrating that you specifically, but also libs/Dems/ilk here generally, didn't spend the year since you presented the idea to "primary Democrats that aren't willing to fight for Americans" figuring out how to identify who that is, figuring out how to do so, or much of anything else useful. Instead we have dozens of examples over a ~year of you guys shitposting in response to the idea and incessantly mock and gawking with Sartres instead. These recent self-aggrandizing shitposts from you serving to further affirm my observations. Now you're congratulating yourselves for falling into their trap thinking you might convince some mythical "swing voters lurkers".

*deep sigh*

Random people getting radicalized by Internet forums is mythical (let's not talk about 4chan). Instead of worrying about them, we should come up with a plan to save the Democratic Party, because the highest-level advisors to the DNC if not the executive leadership themselves are definitely reading this thread.

I know you can't help but set up strawmen and then shitpost celebrating your victory over your strawmen, but even you have to know that even the DNC leadership says it has to start from the bottom up silly.

What bottom? Where is up?

Seems to me the average American is generally to the right of most Western Europe or Anzac equivalents.

If that’s your bottom up starting point what’s realistic there?
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Prev 1 5555 5556 5557 5558 5559 5994 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 136
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 558
IndyStarCraft 136
BRAT_OK 50
MindelVK 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 26115
Shuttle 1265
Hyuk 731
Mini 466
firebathero 193
hero 70
Sexy 70
Killer 45
Mong 44
Hyun 43
[ Show more ]
Trap 39
PianO 35
Liquid`Ret 33
ggaemo 30
ToSsGirL 26
zelot 16
Rock 14
Bale 11
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9139
qojqva1717
Dendi989
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1395
crisheroes1234
Liquid`Hasu674
Other Games
singsing1876
FrodaN1745
fl0m1627
Beastyqt671
Mlord458
Hui .246
Liquid`VortiX180
Livibee155
KnowMe141
ArmadaUGS130
Mew2King58
Trikslyr39
CosmosSc2 18
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 48
• mYiSmile124
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8302
Other Games
• Shiphtur292
• WagamamaTV205
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
16m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 16m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 16m
INu's Battles
19h 16m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 16m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.