• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:21
CEST 06:21
KST 13:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7548 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 4176

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4174 4175 4176 4177 4178 5997 Next
Now that we have a new thread, in order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a complete and thorough read before posting!

NOTE: When providing a source, please provide a very brief summary on what it's about and what purpose it adds to the discussion. The supporting statement should clearly explain why the subject is relevant and needs to be discussed. Please follow this rule especially for tweets.

Your supporting statement should always come BEFORE you provide the source.


If you have any questions, comments, concern, or feedback regarding the USPMT, then please use this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/website-feedback/510156-us-politics-thread
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44361 Posts
March 27 2024 19:28 GMT
#83501
On March 28 2024 04:22 Introvert wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2024 02:11 Gorsameth wrote:
On March 28 2024 01:28 Introvert wrote:
On March 27 2024 23:22 ChristianS wrote:
On March 27 2024 22:46 Introvert wrote:
On March 27 2024 22:33 ChristianS wrote:
On March 27 2024 20:51 Liquid`Drone wrote:
Isn't Intro californian? So him voting or not isn't really relevant. I do agree he seems to tacitly support him, though.

Yeah, his vote is inconsequential (mine too). I am interested in where his political allegiances (and those of other Americans who think similarly to him) lie. Same for Danglars, I mentioned wondering where he’s at on Trump these days, not because his vote matters, but because unlike Intro, he did seem to think January 6th was a travesty and Trump was to blame. IIRC he even said that in retrospect Biden was the right choice in 2020, not long before he got permabanned.

There were a decent number of Republicans who were talking that way 3 years ago. I can’t help but wonder how easy they’re finding it to return to the fold, as Trump continues to swear the election was stolen, promise to pardon J6ers, etc.


Pretty sure Danglars and I had a similar take on Jan 6 when it was happening, it would be easy to check i think. I don't recall him changing his position, but if he did I suspect it would have more to do with subsequent shenanigans in the states and in the house than the riot. Could be wrong though. Bur if either of us are not supporting Trump that would be him coming around to my side either way I guess no need speculate on the (forcefully) departed

I scrolled through a few pages of the thread on January 6th/7th, but I don’t think you were very active that day. Found a bunch of embattled Danglars posts, though, including (in retrospect, overly optimistic) statements like this:
On January 07 2021 05:25 Danglars wrote:
On January 07 2021 05:20 Nouar wrote:
At least now, we are pretty sure there is no future for Trump in politics, and it should be the clean break between the republican party and Trump.
Moderate republican voters should be forever reluctant to support him if they value "law and order" (Well I do hope so... But my beliefs in what is sane or not have been consistently shattered by republicans this past decade that I even doubt that now)

Yeah, Trump is done with politics. This is the treason stuff. And now Trump's trying to "lock the barn door after the horse has bolted."

At least at the time, Danglars’ take was “this is the treason stuff.” Supported impeach and remove, said in retrospect Biden was the right choice in 2020. Idk about then, but at least today your take is essentially “the capital riot was just a riot, NBD” and events like January 6th (and politicians like Trump inciting and celebrating them) are not a threat worth worrying about.


Eh, could be wrong about Danglars, but I seem to recall using the phrase "throw the book at them" in reference to the rioters and him agreeing. But along with that (at least in the days following) i disagreed strongly with the idea that this was an event worthy of the "month+#" format and as big a deal as 9/11. So I have been consistent on that I think. Either way, if there is a coup in America at some point I think that would be the very end of Ameican democracy, not the beginning of the end. The system will be broken before that happens. And this "coup" had no chance of success, meanwhile the breakdown of the Constitutional system continues even now.
It wasn't the very end because it wasn't successful.

"There can't have been a coup attempt because it didn't succeed in ending democracy" is a very weird stance to take.


I mean also don't really think it was a coup, I'm not sure the people who broke in really thought they were going to install Trump as president anyways through violent means. I thought it was a protest that went very wrong. Calling it a coup is giving it too much credit.

Which part are you not following? The part where the mob thought Trump won? The part where the mob thought Congess was actively stealing the election from him? Or the part where they rushed in to violently stop the certification of the Biden win? There’s no shortage of evidence for each of those but it’s not clear which bit of the picture your brain isn’t able to process.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Sadist
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States7328 Posts
March 27 2024 19:32 GMT
#83502
Not to mention the fucking fake electors. Those traitors. Every single one of them should be in jail.
How do you go from where you are to where you want to be? I think you have to have an enthusiasm for life. You have to have a dream, a goal and you have to be willing to work for it. Jim Valvano
maybenexttime
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Poland5872 Posts
March 27 2024 19:42 GMT
#83503
On March 28 2024 04:28 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2024 04:22 Introvert wrote:
On March 28 2024 02:11 Gorsameth wrote:
On March 28 2024 01:28 Introvert wrote:
On March 27 2024 23:22 ChristianS wrote:
On March 27 2024 22:46 Introvert wrote:
On March 27 2024 22:33 ChristianS wrote:
On March 27 2024 20:51 Liquid`Drone wrote:
Isn't Intro californian? So him voting or not isn't really relevant. I do agree he seems to tacitly support him, though.

Yeah, his vote is inconsequential (mine too). I am interested in where his political allegiances (and those of other Americans who think similarly to him) lie. Same for Danglars, I mentioned wondering where he’s at on Trump these days, not because his vote matters, but because unlike Intro, he did seem to think January 6th was a travesty and Trump was to blame. IIRC he even said that in retrospect Biden was the right choice in 2020, not long before he got permabanned.

There were a decent number of Republicans who were talking that way 3 years ago. I can’t help but wonder how easy they’re finding it to return to the fold, as Trump continues to swear the election was stolen, promise to pardon J6ers, etc.


Pretty sure Danglars and I had a similar take on Jan 6 when it was happening, it would be easy to check i think. I don't recall him changing his position, but if he did I suspect it would have more to do with subsequent shenanigans in the states and in the house than the riot. Could be wrong though. Bur if either of us are not supporting Trump that would be him coming around to my side either way I guess no need speculate on the (forcefully) departed

I scrolled through a few pages of the thread on January 6th/7th, but I don’t think you were very active that day. Found a bunch of embattled Danglars posts, though, including (in retrospect, overly optimistic) statements like this:
On January 07 2021 05:25 Danglars wrote:
On January 07 2021 05:20 Nouar wrote:
At least now, we are pretty sure there is no future for Trump in politics, and it should be the clean break between the republican party and Trump.
Moderate republican voters should be forever reluctant to support him if they value "law and order" (Well I do hope so... But my beliefs in what is sane or not have been consistently shattered by republicans this past decade that I even doubt that now)

Yeah, Trump is done with politics. This is the treason stuff. And now Trump's trying to "lock the barn door after the horse has bolted."

At least at the time, Danglars’ take was “this is the treason stuff.” Supported impeach and remove, said in retrospect Biden was the right choice in 2020. Idk about then, but at least today your take is essentially “the capital riot was just a riot, NBD” and events like January 6th (and politicians like Trump inciting and celebrating them) are not a threat worth worrying about.


Eh, could be wrong about Danglars, but I seem to recall using the phrase "throw the book at them" in reference to the rioters and him agreeing. But along with that (at least in the days following) i disagreed strongly with the idea that this was an event worthy of the "month+#" format and as big a deal as 9/11. So I have been consistent on that I think. Either way, if there is a coup in America at some point I think that would be the very end of Ameican democracy, not the beginning of the end. The system will be broken before that happens. And this "coup" had no chance of success, meanwhile the breakdown of the Constitutional system continues even now.
It wasn't the very end because it wasn't successful.

"There can't have been a coup attempt because it didn't succeed in ending democracy" is a very weird stance to take.


I mean also don't really think it was a coup, I'm not sure the people who broke in really thought they were going to install Trump as president anyways through violent means. I thought it was a protest that went very wrong. Calling it a coup is giving it too much credit.

Which part are you not following? The part where the mob thought Trump won? The part where the mob thought Congess was actively stealing the election from him? Or the part where they rushed in to violently stop the certification of the Biden win? There’s no shortage of evidence for each of those but it’s not clear which bit of the picture your brain isn’t able to process.

Not to mention the mob shouting "hang Mike Pence" after they built a scaffold.
Introvert
Profile Joined April 2011
United States5029 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-03-27 19:49:42
March 27 2024 19:48 GMT
#83504
On March 28 2024 04:32 Sadist wrote:
Not to mention the fucking fake electors. Those traitors. Every single one of them should be in jail.


That's a different event entirely. From what I've read it seems like a spontaneous riot more than some sort of organized coup. Idk, but this has always been my position so I don't feel like re-litigating it beyond my answer to ChristianS. Maybe it would have been a coup if Trump led them on, but he moreso just acted like a coward and didn't do anything at all. I think it was a dumb protest that got out of hand and ended in a riot.
"But, as the conservative understands it, modification of the rules should always reflect, and never impose, a change in the activities and beliefs of those who are subject to them, and should never on any occasion be so great as to destroy the ensemble."
Sadist
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States7328 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-03-27 20:07:45
March 27 2024 19:58 GMT
#83505
On March 28 2024 04:48 Introvert wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2024 04:32 Sadist wrote:
Not to mention the fucking fake electors. Those traitors. Every single one of them should be in jail.


That's a different event entirely. From what I've read it seems like a spontaneous riot more than some sort of organized coup. Idk, but this has always been my position so I don't feel like re-litigating it beyond my answer to ChristianS. Maybe it would have been a coup if Trump led them on, but he moreso just acted like a coward and didn't do anything at all. I think it was a dumb protest that got out of hand and ended in a riot.



Do we not think Trump and his team were behind the fake electors?

Edit: he was parallel pathing multiple coup options. They are all related to his overall coup goal.
How do you go from where you are to where you want to be? I think you have to have an enthusiasm for life. You have to have a dream, a goal and you have to be willing to work for it. Jim Valvano
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
March 27 2024 20:35 GMT
#83506
--- Nuked ---
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46498 Posts
March 27 2024 22:16 GMT
#83507
Trump is selling BIBLES now. I just can't anymore.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24803 Posts
March 27 2024 22:44 GMT
#83508
On June 17 2021 09:55 farvacola wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2021 09:48 micronesia wrote:
I once kind of banged into Joe Lieberman in a diner while coming around a corner. I guess I should be a bit more reckless when I walk.

had you properly shoulder checked Joe Lieberman, the world we live in would be vastly different, tsk tsk micro

Well it took a while, but he finally succumbed to his wounds...
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22646 Posts
March 27 2024 22:44 GMT
#83509
A serial grifter who has done nothing but run grifts for his entire life launched another grift? I am shocked.

It being a bible isn't shocking, evangelists are probably (one of) his biggest base. The real question is how you can be such a dumb evangelist that you think the living embodiment of the seven sins is your messiah.

I'd say something about religious people being gullible by definition but people would get offended.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
March 27 2024 23:14 GMT
#83510
I'm honestly surprised it took this long.
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10961 Posts
March 27 2024 23:44 GMT
#83511
Has someone checked on the two corinthians in it?
Fleetfeet
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Canada2836 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-03-28 03:36:08
March 27 2024 23:52 GMT
#83512
I'm curious what version it is and how long before people quote from it at him.

Ahh, it's the King James Version, the one that even in my Christian conservative upbringing it was mostly brought out to demonstrate how the bible could be translated poorly.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46498 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-03-30 11:47:14
March 28 2024 00:04 GMT
#83513
On March 28 2024 08:44 Velr wrote:
Has someone checked on the two corinthians in it?


My corinthians are the best corinthians you've ever seen. They're absolutely terrific like you wouldn't believe. The other day, I went to the Pope and I was like "Hey Pope - other people call him Father but I call him Pope - have you ever seen corinthians like this before?" and he says "I thought only Jesus could have corinthians that big." Can you believe it? I asked the Pope if he and Jesus were going to vote for me in November and he told me it's illegal but I know what he really meant. He meant that we should make. america. great. again. And so I'm declaring that Jesus is going to be my runningmate in 2024. Obamna won't have a chance against us. MAGA is now Make. America. Godly. Again. The bumper stickers are fifty dollars on your way out.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
March 28 2024 00:38 GMT
#83514
--- Nuked ---
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44361 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-03-28 00:46:06
March 28 2024 00:45 GMT
#83515
[image loading]
There is really nothing left to say about this. There are people who think this is a man who is respected worldwide for his keen intellect and then there are those who live in reality.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24803 Posts
March 28 2024 01:43 GMT
#83516
Is that confirmed to be real? Just have to be careful nowadays...

To his credit, I agree that it is a problem when Joe Buden disinformates our grest American citizens in public.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44361 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-03-28 01:52:11
March 28 2024 01:51 GMT
#83517
On March 28 2024 10:43 micronesia wrote:
Is that confirmed to be real? Just have to be careful nowadays...

To his credit, I agree that it is a problem when Joe Buden disinformates our grest American citizens in public.

Yes, I went (or goed) to Truth Social and validated it before posting because I also thought (or thinked) it was unbelievably stupid.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
March 28 2024 01:53 GMT
#83518
--- Nuked ---
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46498 Posts
March 28 2024 11:42 GMT
#83519
Tim Pool and other conservatives are trying to call Jon Stewart a hypocrite for criticizing Trump's illegal behavior surrounding overvaluing/undervaluing properties, when Jon Stewart sold his own property for a lot of money.

Donald Trump overvalued his properties to secure loans that he wasn't legally eligible for, and then he undervalued his properties to commit tax fraud... vs. Jon Stewart's property sold for more than its appraised value due to a competitive housing market. These are not the same.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Uldridge
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belgium5231 Posts
March 28 2024 13:26 GMT
#83520
Can't believe you're listening to Tim Pool to be honest.

Also, @Kwark, even though people live in reality, ~half of the population doesn't. What do you do about that? Reality checking them into it really doesn't help, it only entrenches them further in their beliefs.
Taxes are for Terrans
Prev 1 4174 4175 4176 4177 4178 5997 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft477
RuFF_SC2 208
Nina 90
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3109
GuemChi 912
Leta 120
Terrorterran 76
Bale 40
NaDa 38
Noble 3
Dota 2
febbydoto9
League of Legends
JimRising 600
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox665
Mew2King44
Other Games
summit1g7763
C9.Mang0281
ViBE107
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick730
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki12
• Pr0nogo 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota293
League of Legends
• Lourlo1303
• Stunt361
Other Games
• Shiphtur519
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
11h 40m
The PondCast
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.