• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:12
CEST 16:12
KST 23:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9075 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 3064

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 3062 3063 3064 3065 3066 5992 Next
Now that we have a new thread, in order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a complete and thorough read before posting!

NOTE: When providing a source, please provide a very brief summary on what it's about and what purpose it adds to the discussion. The supporting statement should clearly explain why the subject is relevant and needs to be discussed. Please follow this rule especially for tweets.

Your supporting statement should always come BEFORE you provide the source.


If you have any questions, comments, concern, or feedback regarding the USPMT, then please use this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/website-feedback/510156-us-politics-thread
Slydie
Profile Joined August 2013
2011 Posts
February 01 2021 16:27 GMT
#61261
On February 02 2021 00:34 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2021 22:51 WombaT wrote:
I mean the issue with the peace prize is its by its very nature extremely political and arbitrary. You sometimes get recipients who most people will tend to agree were worthy of recognition as per the intent of the award, and you get some extremely whacky choices for whom the word ‘peacemaker’ does not seem applicable at all, your Kissingers of the world

And you get prizes going to people who seem deserving of it, then get into a position of power and turn out to be just as genocidal as the guys they were initially combating (ahem, Aung Suu Kyi).


She might not be the best example. Very recent events show she had very good reasons to be extremely cautious about the military.

But there are plenty of others, even Obama has blood on his hands. It is highly debatable how often the peace price works as intended when they give it to push an ongoing conflict in a certain (peaceful?) direction.
Buff the siegetank
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
February 01 2021 17:01 GMT
#61262
I think its basically impossible Schumer and Biden conclude they can trust Republicans to work with them if they make a peace offering here. Which is great. Republicans will finally see the cost of arguing in the worst possible faith of all time. Budget reconciliation is the only answer here. Do all of it, no holding back. Show people Democrats have something worth fighting for. Make a stand and take a position, its what voters want.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
February 01 2021 17:03 GMT
#61263
On February 02 2021 02:01 Mohdoo wrote:
I think its basically impossible Schumer and Biden conclude they can trust Republicans to work with them if they make a peace offering here. Which is great. Republicans will finally see the cost of arguing in the worst possible faith of all time. Budget reconciliation is the only answer here. Do all of it, no holding back. Show people Democrats have something worth fighting for. Make a stand and take a position, its what voters want.

I hope this is what they conclude, and I am heartened by what little I've heard so far.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Oukka
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
Finland1683 Posts
February 01 2021 17:20 GMT
#61264
I mean getting Republican buy-in would be helpful for the future, as you could just point back to them having accepted the the covid relief package when the inevitable deficit-hawking begins. And similarly giving them a reasonable chance to participate makes it easier before next elections to point out that they didn't. Offer of cooperation at their own terms seems like a win-win for the Dems.

Obviously it's a fine balance between unnecessary delay and making that offer. Especially if (and when) it is expected to be rejected regardless.
I play children's card games and watch a lot of dota, CS and HS
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
February 01 2021 17:28 GMT
#61265
I have to imagine the Biden administration's conclusion from the Obama era is to go big or go home in terms of passing bills and openly broadcast their successes. No more pared down compromises dictated by the Republicans when the olive branch was slapped down. I couldn't imagine an easier way for the Biden honeymoon to end with a failure to pass the stimulus or an anemic vaccination and economic relief package.
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
Nevuk
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States16280 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-02-01 17:45:22
February 01 2021 17:43 GMT
#61266
On February 02 2021 02:01 Mohdoo wrote:
I think its basically impossible Schumer and Biden conclude they can trust Republicans to work with them if they make a peace offering here. Which is great. Republicans will finally see the cost of arguing in the worst possible faith of all time. Budget reconciliation is the only answer here. Do all of it, no holding back. Show people Democrats have something worth fighting for. Make a stand and take a position, its what voters want.


The biggest signs of this so far are that McConnell has blinked about demanding the filibuster be enshrined before cooperating with the democrats on anything. He backed off after saying "Synema and Manchin said they wouldn't and that's plenty", but Manchin is probably open if it REALLY comes to it. Obscure parliamentary maneuvering is the type of thing WV voters do not care about, and they hate McConnell for his black lung policies (ie, Manchin would be far more likely to abuse reconciliation than to outright overturn the filibuster, but he can overturn it in all but name without his voters caring)

(The issue at hand was how to distribute committee seats, since Harris can't be seated on committees there are equal numbers, meaning all committees have equal dem and rep. McConnell was threatening to kill EVERYTHING in committee unless the filibuster was guaranteed until 2022. Schumer told him he had the 50 votes needed to allow Harris to cast tiebreaking votes in committees, and McConnell backed down).

Sidenote: I'm not sure what the hell Synema is doing. Her state just went blue in what was a red favoring year, and it's been trending bluer for a while. There's no reason for her to be the second most conservative democrat in the senate.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
February 01 2021 18:03 GMT
#61267
Biden's FB just posted a demand that Congress pass his stimulus package as proposed, so I think he's sticking to his guns.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
February 01 2021 18:28 GMT
#61268
On February 02 2021 03:03 farvacola wrote:
Biden's FB just posted a demand that Congress pass his stimulus package as proposed, so I think he's sticking to his guns.


I really hope so because I truly think its what voters want. They want vision and determination, just like the current republican party. Show people you know you're the boss right now and show them what you can do. You won the election, go start changing shit.

Fundamentally, it is very important to recognize that our country has ****PERMANENTLY**** moved past the days of the middle determining things. We are NOT a united people, we do NOT agree on the future of the country and we will NOT be reaching bipartisan conclusions. Use these next 2 years to show what another 6 would look like. If you are elected the leader, maybe actually fucking lead and have some nuts.
Belisarius
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia6233 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-02-01 22:54:05
February 01 2021 22:01 GMT
#61269
All I care about is getting rid of the filibuster. Just as every move pre-Georgia was about winning Georgia, every move now has to be about dismantling McConnell's empire, especially now he's run it out onto the field like this.

No single issue, not even the recovery package, outweighs the damage the reps will do if they're allowed to squeak into 2023 with minority rule intact. The dems should be charting whatever course will most pressure Manchin into tearing it up, imo. Everything else is secondary.
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19387 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-02-02 00:56:48
February 02 2021 00:56 GMT
#61270
On February 02 2021 03:28 Mohdoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2021 03:03 farvacola wrote:
Biden's FB just posted a demand that Congress pass his stimulus package as proposed, so I think he's sticking to his guns.


I really hope so because I truly think its what voters want. They want vision and determination, just like the current republican party. Show people you know you're the boss right now and show them what you can do. You won the election, go start changing shit.

Fundamentally, it is very important to recognize that our country has ****PERMANENTLY**** moved past the days of the middle determining things. We are NOT a united people, we do NOT agree on the future of the country and we will NOT be reaching bipartisan conclusions. Use these next 2 years to show what another 6 would look like. If you are elected the leader, maybe actually fucking lead and have some nuts.

You say that, and preach that to your friends and family and children. That’s why there is no middle. I am conservative/libertarian, I am still willing to meet in the middle, and I still love all of you for your views on the left. I don’t have belief that we are permanently passed that stage, and I hope the millions like me will stop being disenfranchised by our party so we can work with yours. And I believe that there are those on the left who remain moderate and believe in the same things I do. I hope to help rebuild this nation by starting with my children and raising them to be party tolerant and appreciate all views of the world to the fullest. I just wanted to share this positivity with you as someone who truly believes in what I say and feel.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
February 02 2021 01:00 GMT
#61271
Democrats can meet you in the middle, but not the current GOP. If you want to stop being disenfranchised by the GOP, stop voting GOP. As simple as that. Why would your party listen to you if you're going to vote for them no matter what ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19387 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-02-02 01:30:27
February 02 2021 01:26 GMT
#61272
On February 02 2021 10:00 Erasme wrote:
Democrats can meet you in the middle, but not the current GOP. If you want to stop being disenfranchised by the GOP, stop voting GOP. As simple as that. Why would your party listen to you if you're going to vote for them no matter what ?

I’ve never voted a republican president. I do my part with my vote. I vote for quality over party tags.

Edit: been around for 4 presidential elections
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
February 02 2021 03:24 GMT
#61273
On February 02 2021 09:56 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2021 03:28 Mohdoo wrote:
On February 02 2021 03:03 farvacola wrote:
Biden's FB just posted a demand that Congress pass his stimulus package as proposed, so I think he's sticking to his guns.


I really hope so because I truly think its what voters want. They want vision and determination, just like the current republican party. Show people you know you're the boss right now and show them what you can do. You won the election, go start changing shit.

Fundamentally, it is very important to recognize that our country has ****PERMANENTLY**** moved past the days of the middle determining things. We are NOT a united people, we do NOT agree on the future of the country and we will NOT be reaching bipartisan conclusions. Use these next 2 years to show what another 6 would look like. If you are elected the leader, maybe actually fucking lead and have some nuts.

You say that, and preach that to your friends and family and children. That’s why there is no middle. I am conservative/libertarian, I am still willing to meet in the middle, and I still love all of you for your views on the left. I don’t have belief that we are permanently passed that stage, and I hope the millions like me will stop being disenfranchised by our party so we can work with yours. And I believe that there are those on the left who remain moderate and believe in the same things I do. I hope to help rebuild this nation by starting with my children and raising them to be party tolerant and appreciate all views of the world to the fullest. I just wanted to share this positivity with you as someone who truly believes in what I say and feel.


I could meet in the middle with Romney. But Trump has 82% approval in the republican most recently (https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx). They are victims of fascism and the sad part is that they are literally unable to see it, because that's what fascism does. All the people on this forum who defended Trump were once people who saw him as miles beneath the office. The reason fascism is so dangerous is that it truly warps the minds of people who give in to it. You end up with broken people after its all said and done. I think you gotta try to appreciate what it means for 82% of a major party thinking Trump is totally fine because Democrats are the other option. The party of Romney is dead. I still think Romney is a shit bag for many reasons, but he is an actual person who seems to think government has non-zero value. But the conservative party you want to have doesn't exist.
Severedevil
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States4839 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-02-02 08:34:26
February 02 2021 08:34 GMT
#61274
Popular positions have support from the middle. That's what 'middle' means. The middle supports stimulus checks, a $15 minimum wage, legal marijuana, and plenty of other measures. Opposition to those measures isn't centrist -- it's firmly right-wing.
My strategy is to fork people.
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22628 Posts
February 02 2021 10:27 GMT
#61275
On February 02 2021 09:56 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2021 03:28 Mohdoo wrote:
On February 02 2021 03:03 farvacola wrote:
Biden's FB just posted a demand that Congress pass his stimulus package as proposed, so I think he's sticking to his guns.


I really hope so because I truly think its what voters want. They want vision and determination, just like the current republican party. Show people you know you're the boss right now and show them what you can do. You won the election, go start changing shit.

Fundamentally, it is very important to recognize that our country has ****PERMANENTLY**** moved past the days of the middle determining things. We are NOT a united people, we do NOT agree on the future of the country and we will NOT be reaching bipartisan conclusions. Use these next 2 years to show what another 6 would look like. If you are elected the leader, maybe actually fucking lead and have some nuts.

You say that, and preach that to your friends and family and children. That’s why there is no middle. I am conservative/libertarian, I am still willing to meet in the middle, and I still love all of you for your views on the left. I don’t have belief that we are permanently passed that stage, and I hope the millions like me will stop being disenfranchised by our party so we can work with yours. And I believe that there are those on the left who remain moderate and believe in the same things I do. I hope to help rebuild this nation by starting with my children and raising them to be party tolerant and appreciate all views of the world to the fullest. I just wanted to share this positivity with you as someone who truly believes in what I say and feel.
You are willing to meet in the middle, but the Democrats are not negotiating with you. They are negotiating with the GOP, and that well has been truly poisoned.

There is no reason for the Democrats to even look towards the middle until the GOP proves that they are willing to have genuine negotiations in good faith.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46479 Posts
February 02 2021 10:31 GMT
#61276
On February 02 2021 17:34 Severedevil wrote:
Popular positions have support from the middle. That's what 'middle' means. The middle supports stimulus checks, a $15 minimum wage, legal marijuana, and plenty of other measures. Opposition to those measures isn't centrist -- it's firmly right-wing.


Those positions align far more nicely with Democrats than Republicans though, as opposed to those positions being some sort of compromise / middle ground between two parties significantly distanced from those positions. That "middle" is the mainstream Democratic party.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12011 Posts
February 02 2021 12:34 GMT
#61277
On February 02 2021 19:31 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2021 17:34 Severedevil wrote:
Popular positions have support from the middle. That's what 'middle' means. The middle supports stimulus checks, a $15 minimum wage, legal marijuana, and plenty of other measures. Opposition to those measures isn't centrist -- it's firmly right-wing.


Those positions align far more nicely with Democrats than Republicans though, as opposed to those positions being some sort of compromise / middle ground between two parties significantly distanced from those positions. That "middle" is the mainstream Democratic party.


Which fits pretty well to my view of the US political system. The US has one party which is in the middle, and one party of hardcore rightwing crazypeople. The problem is that said crazypeople are also really good at playing the broken US system to get power, and somehow relevant parts of the population simply do not recognize them for what they are, and believe that you can be a "centrist" or anything along those lines and still vote republican.

A conservative should vote for the right wing of the democratic party. Republicans are not for them.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46479 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-02-02 12:44:40
February 02 2021 12:44 GMT
#61278
On February 02 2021 21:34 Simberto wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2021 19:31 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On February 02 2021 17:34 Severedevil wrote:
Popular positions have support from the middle. That's what 'middle' means. The middle supports stimulus checks, a $15 minimum wage, legal marijuana, and plenty of other measures. Opposition to those measures isn't centrist -- it's firmly right-wing.


Those positions align far more nicely with Democrats than Republicans though, as opposed to those positions being some sort of compromise / middle ground between two parties significantly distanced from those positions. That "middle" is the mainstream Democratic party.


Which fits pretty well to my view of the US political system. The US has one party which is in the middle, and one party of hardcore rightwing crazypeople. The problem is that said crazypeople are also really good at playing the broken US system to get power, and somehow relevant parts of the population simply do not recognize them for what they are, and believe that you can be a "centrist" or anything along those lines and still vote republican.

A conservative should vote for the right wing of the democratic party. Republicans are not for them.


Agreed. And labels/categories like liberal, conservative, moderate, centrist, Democrat, and Republican have so many different meanings nowadays, that it's very likely that people get into semantics arguments over definitions rather than having a meaningful discussion about "what's your specific view on Topic X"?

Wikipedia alone cites at least 22 variants of the word "conservatism" ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservatism ), and it's so easy to drown in these identities instead of having substantial dialogue.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27445 Posts
February 02 2021 12:45 GMT
#61279
On February 02 2021 09:56 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2021 03:28 Mohdoo wrote:
On February 02 2021 03:03 farvacola wrote:
Biden's FB just posted a demand that Congress pass his stimulus package as proposed, so I think he's sticking to his guns.


I really hope so because I truly think its what voters want. They want vision and determination, just like the current republican party. Show people you know you're the boss right now and show them what you can do. You won the election, go start changing shit.

Fundamentally, it is very important to recognize that our country has ****PERMANENTLY**** moved past the days of the middle determining things. We are NOT a united people, we do NOT agree on the future of the country and we will NOT be reaching bipartisan conclusions. Use these next 2 years to show what another 6 would look like. If you are elected the leader, maybe actually fucking lead and have some nuts.

You say that, and preach that to your friends and family and children. That’s why there is no middle. I am conservative/libertarian, I am still willing to meet in the middle, and I still love all of you for your views on the left. I don’t have belief that we are permanently passed that stage, and I hope the millions like me will stop being disenfranchised by our party so we can work with yours. And I believe that there are those on the left who remain moderate and believe in the same things I do. I hope to help rebuild this nation by starting with my children and raising them to be party tolerant and appreciate all views of the world to the fullest. I just wanted to share this positivity with you as someone who truly believes in what I say and feel.

What does the middle look like there though, I mean where is the commonality?

On social issues there should be a lot, and there is between many regular libertarians and the regular right, although with the caveat that a lot of self-identified libertarians seem closer aligned with outright or crypto fascists making even that a bit complicated.

A huge problem is a pretty obvious one, many folks just aren’t being paid enough and it causes a huge amount of knock-on, be it social problems or impeding economic growth.

The left’s prescription to fix this is totally different from the non-libertarian right, and very different from the libertarians too, I’m not sure where the middle ground would even look like here.

One area I could think of are the likes of Walmart paying so badly that employees still need food stamps and other government assistance to get by. It’s in effect both outrageous to the left’s sensibilities, but also against true free market sensibilities at the same time, the government is in essence enabling big corporations to pay badly by taking up the slack.

I’m sure there are other areas of confluence, equally I’m struggling to find a huge amount.

Progress in terms of bipartisanship and unity would be considering other people’s prescriptions for society as merely wrong rather than evil or insidious NWO plots. I mean that’s how big the fracture is now.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12011 Posts
February 02 2021 12:51 GMT
#61280
On February 02 2021 21:45 WombaT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2021 09:56 BisuDagger wrote:
On February 02 2021 03:28 Mohdoo wrote:
On February 02 2021 03:03 farvacola wrote:
Biden's FB just posted a demand that Congress pass his stimulus package as proposed, so I think he's sticking to his guns.


I really hope so because I truly think its what voters want. They want vision and determination, just like the current republican party. Show people you know you're the boss right now and show them what you can do. You won the election, go start changing shit.

Fundamentally, it is very important to recognize that our country has ****PERMANENTLY**** moved past the days of the middle determining things. We are NOT a united people, we do NOT agree on the future of the country and we will NOT be reaching bipartisan conclusions. Use these next 2 years to show what another 6 would look like. If you are elected the leader, maybe actually fucking lead and have some nuts.

You say that, and preach that to your friends and family and children. That’s why there is no middle. I am conservative/libertarian, I am still willing to meet in the middle, and I still love all of you for your views on the left. I don’t have belief that we are permanently passed that stage, and I hope the millions like me will stop being disenfranchised by our party so we can work with yours. And I believe that there are those on the left who remain moderate and believe in the same things I do. I hope to help rebuild this nation by starting with my children and raising them to be party tolerant and appreciate all views of the world to the fullest. I just wanted to share this positivity with you as someone who truly believes in what I say and feel.

What does the middle look like there though, I mean where is the commonality?

On social issues there should be a lot, and there is between many regular libertarians and the regular right, although with the caveat that a lot of self-identified libertarians seem closer aligned with outright or crypto fascists making even that a bit complicated.

A huge problem is a pretty obvious one, many folks just aren’t being paid enough and it causes a huge amount of knock-on, be it social problems or impeding economic growth.

The left’s prescription to fix this is totally different from the non-libertarian right, and very different from the libertarians too, I’m not sure where the middle ground would even look like here.

One area I could think of are the likes of Walmart paying so badly that employees still need food stamps and other government assistance to get by. It’s in effect both outrageous to the left’s sensibilities, but also against true free market sensibilities at the same time, the government is in essence enabling big corporations to pay badly by taking up the slack.

I’m sure there are other areas of confluence, equally I’m struggling to find a huge amount.

Progress in terms of bipartisanship and unity would be considering other people’s prescriptions for society as merely wrong rather than evil or insidious NWO plots. I mean that’s how big the fracture is now.


I think a lot of people on the left view bipartisanship as the republicans demanding that people come to them, do stuff their way, then still sabotaging it and blaming the democrats afterwards that the thing that they sabotaged didn't work. This is the reason bipartisanship currently has a bad image, and it is in an absolutely correct image in this situation.

If republicans really want bipartisanship, they need to be the ones who give up some stuff. And then they need to prove that they are actually willing to do stuff to improve the country rather than using everything as a tool to "win" at the US election system.

My current impression of that party is if they had the choice to make the country better, or to win a seat somewhere, they will always choose the latter. And with such a party, bipartisanship isn't possible. Bipartisanship requires a desire to improve the country from both parties.
Prev 1 3062 3063 3064 3065 3066 5992 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 897
ComeBackTV 599
SteadfastSC451
TaKeTV 322
Rex123
IndyStarCraft 101
EnkiAlexander 47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 451
ProTech134
Rex 123
IndyStarCraft 101
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 47049
Bisu 2879
Horang2 1394
EffOrt 771
Soma 600
BeSt 585
Hyuk 584
Light 420
Mini 401
Larva 331
[ Show more ]
Rush 222
ZerO 211
Mong 85
Leta 80
Sea.KH 61
Pusan 54
Snow 52
ToSsGirL 46
Mind 36
Aegong 36
910 36
Sexy 34
JYJ 31
Yoon 27
Terrorterran 26
Bale 23
Trap 15
Rock 12
Noble 10
Sacsri 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6783
qojqva50
Counter-Strike
Fnx 801
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1609
Khaldor1065
Lowko457
Other Games
singsing2038
olofmeister1722
hiko1333
Beastyqt573
B2W.Neo403
Livibee195
Hui .190
Liquid`VortiX159
XaKoH 157
ArmadaUGS122
djWHEAT73
Mew2King72
QueenE58
KnowMe54
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV209
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream103
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 29
• FirePhoenix9
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3129
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 48m
CranKy Ducklings
19h 48m
Online Event
20h 48m
FEL
1d 1h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.