• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:40
CEST 19:40
KST 02:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11485 users

Begging for help sc community -may upset - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
-CheekyDuck-
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia398 Posts
February 23 2013 12:07 GMT
#41
Just to clarify, am I reading this correctly that the coroner stated that she lied on her stomach and suffocated because... she couldn't breathe through her mouth or nose?

Yes

Not even heroin addicts or people taking any kind of heavy medication sleep on their nose and mouth. I have seen people fall unconscious onto their stomach but the head always turned sideways. If I was in your position I would most likely try to find a doctor who can state that dieing because "you were sleeping on your nose".

this is what i'm trying to find out.


Simply because I remember the other story, is there any relation between those cases? How was that man related to your mother? Was he stalking her, in love with her, anything that can be seen as a motive? Who did he talk to on the phone?

the phone was my mothers, a 17sec message was left but was deleted. burner phones cannot have there database examined for some reason

What was the coroners explanation for the blood and her wounds?

inconclusive

Edit: Was her nose broken?

no

Edit 2: Which prescription drugs exactly? Were they ones she took regularly and/or was it the normal dosage or not?
his prescription drugs, did not belong to her

Edit 3: Proving that there was "no case like this" is almost impossible and even IF you find such a case it is irrelevant to this case. Try and find a forensic or another coroner that can argue that - especially under those drugs - she can't physically make the effort to turn her head into a position that makes her suffocate. Furthermore, even IF she can assume that position that she wasn't overweight enough to make this happen and/or argue the physical impossibility of keeping your head that way - unless force is applied

We are looking into this option as well
More expensive than a mothership
-CheekyDuck-
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia398 Posts
February 23 2013 12:13 GMT
#42
On February 23 2013 21:05 iMAniaC wrote:
My condolences.

In Norway, it's sometimes very effective to go to the tabloid media with cases such as these. The tabloids love any story that can be spun as a "personal tragedy" story and they often write about them. Many of those gain a considerable amount of attention and result in proceedings being reopened after they were originally shut. If you were in Norway, our tabloids would have a field day with "the girl whose family's business was burnt down, mother killed and case neglected".

However, Norway's a small country with only 5 million inhabitants and I, personally, hate the fact using the media as a tool in such a way can be so effective (although I am, of course, pleased that cases get resolved). I could easily imagine that "circumventing" the legal system by using the tabloids might be frowned upon by the public in any other country, or simply be utterly ineffective in a country larger than Norway. I would suggest that you consult with other Australians, as to how they view any such action before you might decide to do it. You seem somewhat desperate (although I certainly understand why!) to get the case underway, so you may have lost all objectivity as to which actions are productive or not. Just because there was an option (this one) in a thread, doesn't mean it's a good option, so listen to your fellow Aussies if they tell you that this is definitely not the way to do things in Australia.

Moreover, it may be a huge burden to be a "public figure" if you do decide to contact the media. People are usually very rude on the internet and you may see lots of comments that are unsympathetic to you or even hostile. You should consider if that is something you're able to handle.

I'm very sorry if this post comes across as blunt or cynical and I don't mean to be disrespectful in any way. I simply want to be clear on the pros and cons and that results in a somewhat blunt language. Also, this is not an encouragement to use the media, but I simply wanted you to have all the options available to you and this option was not mentioned yet. Of course, starting with all the options, means you need to weed out the bad ones and this may just be one of the bad ones. However, we don't know that for sure until some other Australians have weighed in.

I sincerely hope you get this sorted out!


that is an option i am willing to explore. Thank-you
More expensive than a mothership
Evangelist
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
1246 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-23 12:51:40
February 23 2013 12:18 GMT
#43
Do not take this as a professional medical opinion. However:

I searched through multiple peer reviewed medical journals and a number of interdisciplinary journals:

- British Medical Journal
- PubMed Central
- InterNurse
- ScienceDirect
- Nature
- Internurse

I also had a look at the Sci/Eng journals just in case anything turned up in them.

There is no reference and found no indication of this being a known phenomenon. I also have a further (non-official) medical opinion which I will quote for you - the source is a working emergency surgeon with 8 years experience:

- okay firstly why exactly do you want to know, i can tailor the answer to make more sense

- Essentially, is it possible for someone who has taken sleeping pills prior to going to sleep to suffocate on their own pillow without the use of external force
Purely by lying on their front
No vomiting, no external blockages. Just a pillow, a woman and sleeping pills.

- yes it is possible

- What circumstances would it require?

12:41
- obesity and possibly hypersensitivity to whatever pills she took
in addition you can add cardiovascular abnormalities
however it is unlikely because most people would wake up under such situations
and sleeping pills facilitate regular sleep,
so it shouldn't really cause this


So unless your mum meets any of those conditions then you're probably on the right track. Please get a second official medical opinion but in both of our opinions, this is physically unlikely without these preconditions.
Subversive
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia2229 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-23 13:24:15
February 23 2013 12:35 GMT
#44
On February 23 2013 21:05 iMAniaC wrote:
My condolences.

In Norway, it's sometimes very effective to go to the tabloid media with cases such as these. The tabloids love any story that can be spun as a "personal tragedy" story and they often write about them. Many of those gain a considerable amount of attention and result in proceedings being reopened after they were originally shut. If you were in Norway, our tabloids would have a field day with "the girl whose family's business was burnt down, mother killed and case neglected".

However, Norway's a small country with only 5 million inhabitants and I, personally, hate the fact using the media as a tool in such a way can be so effective (although I am, of course, pleased that cases get resolved). I could easily imagine that "circumventing" the legal system by using the tabloids might be frowned upon by the public in any other country, or simply be utterly ineffective in a country larger than Norway. I would suggest that you consult with other Australians, as to how they view any such action before you might decide to do it. You seem somewhat desperate (although I certainly understand why!) to get the case underway, so you may have lost all objectivity as to which actions are productive or not. Just because there was an option (this one) in a thread, doesn't mean it's a good option, so listen to your fellow Aussies if they tell you that this is definitely not the way to do things in Australia.

Moreover, it may be a huge burden to be a "public figure" if you do decide to contact the media. People are usually very rude on the internet and you may see lots of comments that are unsympathetic to you or even hostile. You should consider if that is something you're able to handle.

I'm very sorry if this post comes across as blunt or cynical and I don't mean to be disrespectful in any way. I simply want to be clear on the pros and cons and that results in a somewhat blunt language. Also, this is not an encouragement to use the media, but I simply wanted you to have all the options available to you and this option was not mentioned yet. Of course, starting with all the options, means you need to weed out the bad ones and this may just be one of the bad ones. However, we don't know that for sure until some other Australians have weighed in.

I sincerely hope you get this sorted out!

Australians are pretty dumb. And our tabloid tv programs are atrocious. I wouldn't rule it out working here at all.

Edit: Having said that, while a lot of terrible stories get reported on these shows, whether they end up having any significant affect is totally debatable. In fact the more I think about it, I could only see this having a positive affect if it was an individual having a problem or complaint with a business or company. Barring a terrible scandal (which the serious side of journalism would cover anyway) I can't see any government authority bowing to pressure from our tabloid media in something like this.

Edit 2: I hope your family gets justice. Losing a parent is a horrible thing to go through, these circumstances would make it heart-breaking.
#1 Great fan ~ // Khan // FlaSh // JangBi // EffOrt //
Evangelist
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
1246 Posts
February 23 2013 12:50 GMT
#45
I've updated my post with information that is relevant. To reiterate - there is NO EVIDENCE AT ALL that this is a common phenomenon outside of obesity and hypersensitivity, with the risk factor of being a smoker.

Please push forward with your enquiries. This was almost certainly not a natural death.
Kaeru
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Sweden552 Posts
February 23 2013 13:16 GMT
#46
--- Nuked ---
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
February 23 2013 13:23 GMT
#47
I can only offer you my deepest condolences. I really hope you find justice for your mother.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
February 23 2013 13:29 GMT
#48
That's a terrible loss and the outcome is a punch in the face.

The only thing I don't understand is how the coroner put natural death cause when your mother had been drugged.
It should be easy to ask her doctor if she ever got that medication prescribed and find out the way it was administered. If she never got that medication prescribed or took it in an unconventional way then the natural cause hypothesis can already be dismissed. Not to mention the injuries.
Maesy
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1444 Posts
February 23 2013 13:49 GMT
#49
Ugh, so many bad things happen to you. I have your stream on favorites and have always enjoyed watching you every now and then. I really hope this guy gets brought to justice. I get so sick of seeing these type of things go unpunished when it's obvious that the death wasn't natural. Stay strong Beeduck...
Official Nathanias Fanclub Manager! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=401880
vol_
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia1608 Posts
February 23 2013 14:11 GMT
#50
On February 23 2013 21:35 Subversive wrote:

Australians are pretty dumb. And our tabloid tv programs are atrocious. I wouldn't rule it out working here at all.

Edit: Having said that, while a lot of terrible stories get reported on these shows, whether they end up having any significant affect is totally debatable. In fact the more I think about it, I could only see this having a positive affect if it was an individual having a problem or complaint with a business or company. Barring a terrible scandal (which the serious side of journalism would cover anyway) I can't see any government authority bowing to pressure from our tabloid media in something like this.

Sadly I also doubt our media would put pressure on a case like this, people care less about people and more about scandal. A Current Affair crew harassing him would sure make his life pretty miserable thou.

I'm sorry for your loss and hope you find justice.
I wish I knew of something that could help you out.
Jaedong gives me a deep resonance.
marconi
Profile Joined March 2010
Croatia220 Posts
February 23 2013 14:12 GMT
#51
Judging by the evidence u pointed out it's clearly not likely that she died of natural causes.

Obviously the coroner made a false conclusion, if what you say is true ( and I doubt u are lying ).

Is this man, who you believe to be the killer, tied into politics, or influential in some way ( money or whatever )?

Because if he is, it's quite possible he used his ties in this case. We all know how this works unfortunately.

If that's not the case, I would try to go for a second opinion if it's possible.
JaYbOc
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia97 Posts
February 23 2013 14:32 GMT
#52
Most heartfelt condolences to you and yours. I hope you get the professional advice and help you need to find justice.
Nesserev
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belgium2760 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-23 15:00:53
February 23 2013 14:52 GMT
#53
--- Nuked ---
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
February 23 2013 15:03 GMT
#54
Condolences =(
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
JOJOsc2news
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
3000 Posts
February 23 2013 15:37 GMT
#55
My deepest condolences.

Have you posted on reddit already?
✉ Tweets @sc2channel ⌦ Blog: http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/JOJO ⌫ "Arbiterssss... build more arbiterssss." Click 'Profile' for awesome shiro art!
MoonfireSpam
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1153 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-23 17:45:42
February 23 2013 16:09 GMT
#56
As already said before, healthy people do not self asphyxiate without some external factors. Commonest being severe alcohol intoxication, neurological impairment, severe obesity, external force/restraint. Various Pubmed articles describe severely intoxicated individuals with comatose-ish blood alcohol levels. The sort of level that impairs neurologcal function to a degree than you cannot protect your own airway.

Sudden adult death syndrome does not necessarilty leave any obvious evidence behind apart from abnormal ECGs (Braguda's syndrome). It can be tested for genetically, and affects young blokes from Laos and Thailand. Various congential cardiomyopathies are generally seen on post mortem as structual defects.

My understanding of what you have written is that the coroners report of "Death by asphyxiation" does not make it natural or un-natural. A basic tox screen should also have been done for opiates, benzos which as far as I know are detectable post mortem, if sufficiently high, could rule in an accidental death, but you can argue does not exclude murder given other circumstancial evidence.

I don't fully understand the situation i.e. you don't state that a verdict of accidental death has been issued.

Edit: Summary is that you have a good argument for an un-natural death as there is no clear evidence that your mother was compromised enough to die from accidental positional asphyxiation and there is no family history of Sudden Adult Death Syndrome / Bragudas.

This assumes
1) no tox screen done or insufficiently high levels of alcohol/opiate/benzos
2) findings of a normal myocardium
Hitch-22
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
Canada753 Posts
February 23 2013 16:16 GMT
#57
My condolences, I lost my father at a young age and while no, it wasn't murder, the affect was probably as heart wrenching and unexpected.

You'd make her proud to see to what lengths you'd go for justice as you make, at least speaking for myself and what I think, the entire TL community proud.

If I had the money, if I was rich, I would send along such a sum for an investigation without hesitation.

Good luck.
"We all let our sword do the talking for us once in awhile I guess" - Bregor, the legendary critical striker and critical misser who triple crits 2 horses with 1 arrow but lands 3 1's in a row
csikos27
Profile Joined May 2011
United States135 Posts
February 23 2013 16:28 GMT
#58
i wish u the best of luck, hope she may rest easy
Gene(S)is
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden419 Posts
February 23 2013 17:34 GMT
#59
Damn, sorry for your loss, I hope your will have justice and peace one day.
For the swarm
SatelliteNoodles
Profile Joined June 2011
220 Posts
February 23 2013 17:54 GMT
#60
Wtf. I am so sorry to hear this. My condolences.
GIVE ME COMMAND... - Yell0w ­­­
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 623
UpATreeSC 118
ProTech48
JuggernautJason31
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33846
Calm 3366
Shuttle 1181
actioN 234
firebathero 181
Hyuk 125
Barracks 114
Dewaltoss 101
Liquid`Ret 66
Hyun 34
[ Show more ]
HiyA 24
Bale 23
Aegong 22
Free 22
soO 21
NaDa 18
PianO 18
Shine 15
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8595
Dendi1122
XaKoH 379
Fuzer 98
League of Legends
KnowMe73
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1383
fl0m1086
x6flipin834
Other Games
singsing2164
FrodaN1295
Beastyqt652
B2W.Neo336
ceh9333
mouzStarbuck289
Livibee189
byalli183
C9.Mang0170
RotterdaM110
Trikslyr84
Mew2King65
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 55
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV416
Other Games
• Shiphtur872
• imaqtpie526
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 35m
Replay Cast
5h 20m
OSC
1d 5h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 16h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.