• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:30
CEST 07:30
KST 14:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8913 users

Shooting of Trayvon Martin - Page 353

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 351 352 353 354 355 503 Next
This is a sensitive and complex issue, please do not make comments without first reading the facts, which are cataloged in the OP.

If you make an uninformed post, or one that isn't relevant to the discussion, you will be moderated. If in doubt, don't post.
Felnarion
Profile Joined December 2011
442 Posts
July 11 2013 17:51 GMT
#7041
On July 12 2013 02:50 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 02:49 Felnarion wrote:
On July 12 2013 02:48 xDaunt wrote:
On July 12 2013 02:47 Kaitlin wrote:
"Just tell her I killed him". Again, completely false.

The state hasn't been very concerned with facts during the entire trial. I don't see them starting now.


Is there no way to object to a blatant lie at this point?

Couldn't he just say "Zimmerman said he enjoyed killing Trayvon and bathing in his blood. Is that the kind of man you want walking among us?"

The Defense can and should object if they're paying attention.


I guess, like was said above, perhaps they realize it's such a blatant lie, not even mischaracterization, just an outright lie, that the jurors will actually penalize him and his credibility for it.
shockaslim
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1105 Posts
July 11 2013 17:52 GMT
#7042
Is the Prosecutor trying to argue that creating a Neighborhood Watch group, while not malicious, causes people to assume that others are criminals?
Dirty Deeds...DONE DIRT CHEAP!!!
Kaitlin
Profile Joined December 2010
United States2958 Posts
July 11 2013 17:52 GMT
#7043
About that photo button Trayvon was wearing, I read that it was some relative somehow involved in a Stand Your Ground case, ironically enough. I don't remember details, but I remember that much.
sc2superfan101
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
3583 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-11 17:55:15
July 11 2013 17:53 GMT
#7044
doesn't this guy reek of faux outrage? it sounds like a Kristen Stewart monologue... This guy needs to go back to acting school.

atually more like a William Shatner reading of a prosecutions closing arguments...
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
PanzerKing
Profile Joined May 2010
United States483 Posts
July 11 2013 17:54 GMT
#7045
On July 12 2013 02:37 xDaunt wrote:
Wow, I can't believe that the State tried to throw in child abuse and felony murder charges at the last moment. Total bullshit move. I can't even believe that the judge initially considered letting them get away with it.


I didn't really follow the argument, but based on my limited understanding of the argument being made, I wouldn't have allowed it is because the action that forms the corpus of the underlying felony charge can't be the exact, specific act which results in the death of the felony murder victim. I mean, you can't accuse him of felony murder and then use shooting Trayvon as the basis for an underlying felony charge. Felony murder just doesn't work that way.

If he were trying to rob Trayvon and he shot him in the process, I would have no problem with it. If he were trying to kidnap Trayvon and he shot him, I'd have no problem with it. If there was a legitimate child abuse allegation outside of the shooting itself, I wouldn't have a problem with it. But to use the shooting as the basis for both the underlying Felony and the direct cause of death in the Felony Murder charge? You can't do that - Felony Murder just doesn't work that way. I can't believe they even asked.
http://tkrmx.blogspot.com/
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
July 11 2013 17:55 GMT
#7046
Bernie is way-overplaying his hand. This is the kind of disingenuous stuff that pisses jurors off.
Yoav
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1874 Posts
July 11 2013 17:56 GMT
#7047
On July 12 2013 01:27 plogamer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 01:21 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:13 Adreme wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:11 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:07 plogamer wrote:
Are you out of your mind to compare a video-game situation to a real-life situation?
No, not really. People curse in real life all the time. "Fucking punks" and "assholes" can be merely an expression of minor annoyance.

You're the one out of your mind if you don't realize that people all the time use words like "fucking punks" without meaning much by them.


I could never imagine a circumstance where I am calmly cussing while calling 911.
Speak for yourself. I can imagine it quite easily.

The prosecution must really be desperate if these are the straws you are grasping.


You're grasping if you are trying to argue that swearing and cussing reflects a calm state of mind.
/edit

I can imagine your wedding proposal. "Will you fucking marry me, you punk?"


If you are calm when proposing, you're probably doing it wrong.

Very interesting case. I, for one, am coming out of this knowing more about the legal system than I did before.
Kaitlin
Profile Joined December 2010
United States2958 Posts
July 11 2013 17:56 GMT
#7048
On July 12 2013 02:55 xDaunt wrote:
Bernie is way-overplaying his hand. This is the kind of disingenuous stuff that pisses jurors off.


Yep. And it's the kind of shit that takes them from considering a lesser included, to a complete acquittal because of the prosecution's lack of credibility. To convict on anything would be to reward this behavior / conduct.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
July 11 2013 17:56 GMT
#7049
On July 12 2013 02:54 PanzerKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 02:37 xDaunt wrote:
Wow, I can't believe that the State tried to throw in child abuse and felony murder charges at the last moment. Total bullshit move. I can't even believe that the judge initially considered letting them get away with it.


I didn't really follow the argument, but based on my limited understanding of the argument being made, I wouldn't have allowed it is because the action that forms the corpus of the underlying felony charge can't be the exact, specific act which results in the death of the felony murder victim. I mean, you can't accuse him of felony murder and then use shooting Trayvon as the basis for an underlying felony charge. Felony murder just doesn't work that way.

If he were trying to rob Trayvon and he shot him in the process, I would have no problem with it. If he were trying to kidnap Trayvon and he shot him, I'd have no problem with it. If there was a legitimate child abuse allegation outside of the shooting itself, I wouldn't have a problem with it. But to use the shooting as the basis for both the underlying Felony and the direct cause of death in the Felony Murder charge? You can't do that - Felony Murder just doesn't work that way. I can't believe they even asked.

The problem is that the felony murder/3d murder charge had to be predicated upon child abuse, and there was no charge of child abuse. Second degree murder doesn't otherwise have the same elements as child abuse, so those charges couldn't be allowed (unlike the manslaughter charge).
sc2superfan101
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
3583 Posts
July 11 2013 17:58 GMT
#7050
i like how this guy is making great pains to tell the jury that GZ was doing a bunch of "good things" and that "no crime had been committed". BUT THEN, all of a sudden, GZ flipped out and shot some innocent kid.
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
PanzerKing
Profile Joined May 2010
United States483 Posts
July 11 2013 17:59 GMT
#7051
On July 12 2013 02:56 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 02:54 PanzerKing wrote:
On July 12 2013 02:37 xDaunt wrote:
Wow, I can't believe that the State tried to throw in child abuse and felony murder charges at the last moment. Total bullshit move. I can't even believe that the judge initially considered letting them get away with it.


I didn't really follow the argument, but based on my limited understanding of the argument being made, I wouldn't have allowed it is because the action that forms the corpus of the underlying felony charge can't be the exact, specific act which results in the death of the felony murder victim. I mean, you can't accuse him of felony murder and then use shooting Trayvon as the basis for an underlying felony charge. Felony murder just doesn't work that way.

If he were trying to rob Trayvon and he shot him in the process, I would have no problem with it. If he were trying to kidnap Trayvon and he shot him, I'd have no problem with it. If there was a legitimate child abuse allegation outside of the shooting itself, I wouldn't have a problem with it. But to use the shooting as the basis for both the underlying Felony and the direct cause of death in the Felony Murder charge? You can't do that - Felony Murder just doesn't work that way. I can't believe they even asked.

The problem is that the felony murder/3d murder charge had to be predicated upon child abuse, and there was no charge of child abuse. Second degree murder doesn't otherwise have the same elements as child abuse, so those charges couldn't be allowed (unlike the manslaughter charge).


So there was no child abuse felony on the indictment? Then the prosecution's request makes even less sense than I thought. Thanks for the clarification.
http://tkrmx.blogspot.com/
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
July 11 2013 17:59 GMT
#7052
On July 12 2013 02:55 xDaunt wrote:
Bernie is way-overplaying his hand. This is the kind of disingenuous stuff that pisses jurors off.

ya and he seems so aggressive. I know it's his style but it's really intimidating to listen to.

Can someone tell me what happened to the third degree charge and manslaughter?

Now using the empathy card. Does this work? The jury is made up of women after all.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Kaitlin
Profile Joined December 2010
United States2958 Posts
July 11 2013 18:02 GMT
#7053
BDLR is totally going Mohammad Ali. He just did the "rope-a-dope" with the "fucking punks" line. All trial he yelled it to display how that meant GZ had ill-will, now he argues the "under his breath" method of delivery indicated he was simply verbalizing what he was thinking, and that demonstrated ill will. Whatever works, BDLR.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
July 11 2013 18:02 GMT
#7054
At some point, Bernie actually has to describe a criminal act.
Kaitlin
Profile Joined December 2010
United States2958 Posts
July 11 2013 18:02 GMT
#7055
On July 12 2013 02:59 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 02:55 xDaunt wrote:
Bernie is way-overplaying his hand. This is the kind of disingenuous stuff that pisses jurors off.

ya and he seems so aggressive. I know it's his style but it's really intimidating to listen to.

Can someone tell me what happened to the third degree charge and manslaughter?

Now using the empathy card. Does this work? The jury is made up of women after all.


Manslaughter in.

Third Degree with child abuse out.
LegalLord
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
United States13779 Posts
July 11 2013 18:03 GMT
#7056
Blatant attempt to abuse the human element of a jury if I've ever seen one.
History will sooner or later sweep the European Union away without mercy.
Felnarion
Profile Joined December 2011
442 Posts
July 11 2013 18:04 GMT
#7057
On July 12 2013 02:59 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 02:55 xDaunt wrote:
Bernie is way-overplaying his hand. This is the kind of disingenuous stuff that pisses jurors off.

ya and he seems so aggressive. I know it's his style but it's really intimidating to listen to.

Can someone tell me what happened to the third degree charge and manslaughter?

Now using the empathy card. Does this work? The jury is made up of women after all.


Judge basically said there was no proof of child abuse.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-11 18:04:58
July 11 2013 18:04 GMT
#7058
^ thanks.

On July 12 2013 03:02 Kaitlin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 02:59 BigFan wrote:
On July 12 2013 02:55 xDaunt wrote:
Bernie is way-overplaying his hand. This is the kind of disingenuous stuff that pisses jurors off.

ya and he seems so aggressive. I know it's his style but it's really intimidating to listen to.

Can someone tell me what happened to the third degree charge and manslaughter?

Now using the empathy card. Does this work? The jury is made up of women after all.


Manslaughter in.

Third Degree with child abuse out.

cool thanks!

On July 12 2013 03:03 LegalLord wrote:
Blatant attempt to abuse the human element of a jury if I've ever seen one.

yup and watch the jury get deadlocked or go for Trayvon because this arm wrestling technique(dunno if it has an actual name).

Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
sc2superfan101
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
3583 Posts
July 11 2013 18:05 GMT
#7059
On July 12 2013 03:02 xDaunt wrote:
At some point, Bernie actually has to describe a criminal act.


He hasn't yet, i don't see why he'd start now. If they start tossing out their BS ideas, the defense will have an opportunity to show that the BS is refuted by evidence. These prosecutors are trash.
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
nihlon
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden5581 Posts
July 11 2013 18:05 GMT
#7060
This is more like the movie trials we are used to.
Banelings are too cute to blow up
Prev 1 351 352 353 354 355 503 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 4521
Rain 1805
GuemChi 577
FanTaSy 347
sSak 50
Bale 39
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm204
Fuzer 35
League of Legends
JimRising 655
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1161
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King296
Other Games
summit1g8058
WinterStarcraft599
C9.Mang0152
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick896
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream59
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2147
League of Legends
• Lourlo1192
• Rush922
• Stunt454
Other Games
• Shiphtur826
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
4h 30m
INu's Battles
5h 30m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
7h 30m
OSC
16h 45m
Replay Cast
17h 30m
OSC
1d 17h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.