• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:44
CEST 08:44
KST 15:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7686 users

If you're seeing this topic then another mass shooting hap…

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 308 309 310 311 312 891 Next
Although this thread does not function under the same strict guidelines as the USPMT, it is still a general practice on TL to provide a source with an explanation on why it is relevant and what purpose it adds to the discussion. Failure to do so will result in a mod action.
Cutlery
Profile Joined December 2010
Norway565 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-22 22:38:43
December 22 2012 22:34 GMT
#6181
On December 23 2012 07:30 KwarK wrote:
There are those who argue that guns are a great equaliser because they mean your poor frail old grandmother can stand up to some gangster trying to stab her and defend herself.


Only a culture of guns would consider this to be logical.

ANd imo a culture of guns is what is the problem in the first place.
sunprince
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2258 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-22 22:36:33
December 22 2012 22:36 GMT
#6182
On December 23 2012 07:30 KwarK wrote:
There are those who argue that guns are a great equaliser because they mean your poor frail old grandmother can stand up to some gangster trying to stab her and defend herself.


Women in general, actually. Shooting is the one area of personal combat where women are actually better than men despite the biological strength disadvantage, due to better aim (when trained) and being smaller targets.
jinorazi
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)4948 Posts
December 22 2012 22:38 GMT
#6183
On December 23 2012 07:34 Cutlery wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2012 07:30 KwarK wrote:
There are those who argue that guns are a great equaliser because they mean your poor frail old grandmother can stand up to some gangster trying to stab her and defend herself.


Only a culture of guns would consider this to be logical.

ANd imo a culture of guns is what is the problem in the first place.


it does sound logical to me...but i guess tasers and pepperspray will do too
age: 84 | location: california | sex: 잘함
Cutlery
Profile Joined December 2010
Norway565 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-22 22:40:51
December 22 2012 22:40 GMT
#6184
On December 23 2012 07:38 jinorazi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2012 07:34 Cutlery wrote:
On December 23 2012 07:30 KwarK wrote:
There are those who argue that guns are a great equaliser because they mean your poor frail old grandmother can stand up to some gangster trying to stab her and defend herself.


Only a culture of guns would consider this to be logical.

ANd imo a culture of guns is what is the problem in the first place.


it does sound logical to me...but i guess tasers and pepperspray will do too


I mean.. I'm only suggesting/saying that it's the only long term solution. It won't do much short term. But imo this must be the end-goal, or end-game, and it's important not to lose sight on that.
AmericanNightmare
Profile Joined September 2011
United States98 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-23 01:08:19
December 22 2012 23:40 GMT
#6185
I haven't read most of this thread... because most of the post* are stupid..

Has someone posted a possible solution to be discussed besides the classic (and stupid) just "get rid of all your guns because I'm not American, and I don't understand what I'm talking about.. but I've never owned a gun.. so you shouldn't either.."

even some mods make bogus post..

On December 23 2012 07:26 jinorazi wrote:

1) i'd say almost everyone would rather live in a world without guns, to claim gun ban is better, is an obvious and not really up for debate.


Well thank God that you are here to tell us what is obvious and shouldn't be debated.. I'm one of those few who isn't almost everyone... who would debate you... but since you're not up for it.. why are you here?

1) I'd say you're full of it

On December 23 2012 07:30 KwarK wrote:
There are those who argue that guns are a great equaliser because they mean your poor frail old grandmother can stand up to some gangster trying to stab her and defend herself.


Care to test this? Let both take our grandmothers.. mine armed with a gun and yours with faith in her police... we'll put them in different houses and allow gangsters to enter the houses with the purpose of brutally raping and murdering them.. they have 15 minutes to make it.. After 15 minutes the "police arrive"

Should your grandmother fair better then mine... I'll give up every weapon I have and be one of the front men for an America without firearms..
If mine comes out better.. you stay silent and allow me to have my weapons in peace.. DEAL?


* For Jockmcplop
If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions. Call me the America Nightmare. Call me the American Dream.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44373 Posts
December 22 2012 23:43 GMT
#6186
Why are you aggressively arguing against that guy and then me when what I did is made your case to that guy before you did? Jeez.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10011 Posts
December 22 2012 23:46 GMT
#6187
not only is everyone who disagrees with AmericanNightmare 'stupid', but so are half the people who agree with him. Too bad i don't give a damn what he thinks i guess..
RIP Meatloaf <3
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-22 23:59:47
December 22 2012 23:53 GMT
#6188
There are situations that occur specifically because people have access to guns. Knowing you have a gun gives one slightly more bravado than one should potentially have. In my opinion, this is the problem.

Guns do have their uses, mostly in evening out the playing field for everybody.

Guns aren't the problem. The people using them are.
Better schooling and more rigorous selection could be an alternate "solution".
If we could train a generation to never use guns, but make it unlawful not to have them (just in case), I believe that would be the best of both worlds.
The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
AmericanNightmare
Profile Joined September 2011
United States98 Posts
December 22 2012 23:53 GMT
#6189
On December 23 2012 08:43 KwarK wrote:
Why are you aggressively arguing against that guy and then me when what I did is made your case to that guy before you did? Jeez.


Sorry to hurt your feelings..

On December 23 2012 08:46 Jockmcplop wrote:
not only is everyone who disagrees with AmericanNightmare 'stupid', but so are half the people who agree with him. Too bad i don't give a damn what he thinks i guess..


So.. everyone who disagrees with me is stupid? and only half of those who agree with me are also? Well.. While I certainly wouldn't call everyone who is anti-gun stupid... it's nice to know you will... glad you make this little nugget for all of us to read.. It says a lot about you to find out you don't give a damn about peoples opinion who don't agree with you..(unless you agree with me.. this disregard that last part)

So.. should people be allowed to carry guns?
If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions. Call me the America Nightmare. Call me the American Dream.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44373 Posts
December 22 2012 23:58 GMT
#6190
On December 23 2012 08:53 AmericanNightmare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2012 08:43 KwarK wrote:
Why are you aggressively arguing against that guy and then me when what I did is made your case to that guy before you did? Jeez.


Sorry to hurt your feelings..

Show nested quote +
On December 23 2012 08:46 Jockmcplop wrote:
not only is everyone who disagrees with AmericanNightmare 'stupid', but so are half the people who agree with him. Too bad i don't give a damn what he thinks i guess..


So.. everyone who disagrees with me is stupid? and only half of those who agree with me are also? Well.. While I certainly wouldn't call everyone who is anti-gun stupid... it's nice to know you will... glad you make this little nugget for all of us to read.. It says a lot about you to find out you don't give a damn about peoples opinion who don't agree with you..(unless you agree with me.. this disregard that last part)

So.. should people be allowed to carry guns?

He was commenting on what you said about not reading the topic because most of the people are stupid. He wasn't calling people stupid, he was calling you out on what you said although I'm not sure why I'm making the effort to explain your own posts to you.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
mcc
Profile Joined October 2010
Czech Republic4646 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-23 00:09:02
December 23 2012 00:03 GMT
#6191
EDIT: removed to not feed the troll.
mcc
Profile Joined October 2010
Czech Republic4646 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-23 00:09:34
December 23 2012 00:05 GMT
#6192
EDIT: sorry did not see KwarK's post.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-23 00:09:53
December 23 2012 00:06 GMT
#6193
Removed since resolved.
AmericanNightmare
Profile Joined September 2011
United States98 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-23 00:35:35
December 23 2012 00:16 GMT
#6194
So Kwark.. when you said

On December 23 2012 07:30 KwarK wrote:
There are those who argue that guns are a great equaliser because they mean your poor frail old grandmother can stand up to some gangster trying to stab her and defend herself.


You weren't being condescending? It's my mistake if you weren't. I assume quite a bit which could be bad.. but it hasn't gotten me killed yet.. If you were.. then what I said stand, besides the sorry for hurting your feelings..

On December 23 2012 08:46 Jockmcplop wrote:
not only is everyone who disagrees with AmericanNightmare 'stupid', but so are half the people who agree with him. Too bad i don't give a damn what he thinks i guess..


I'm calling anyone who throws in statements into a conversation that does not add value of any kind to the conversation stupid.. I would never call someone who is engaged with me in a conversation of value stupid.. would call this statement you wrote right here stupid.. Good thing you don't care what I think though..

On December 23 2012 09:18 jinorazi wrote:

maybe you should see things from multiple perspective, accounting different social culture and not just pro-gun/nra style view on guns. for example, i wouldnt remove guns in usa but i wouldnt introduce them in korea.

with that said i'm not sure why you would be against a world without guns, aside from hunting and whatnot. for self protection there are other alternatives than guns. i understand fighting gun with gun but if there is no threat from a gun, i think there are fairly viable solutions for protection as long as we dont knitpick situations.


Oh I do.. I am extremely open minded and love learning new things.. I'm not a member of the NRA.. may that organization burn in hell..

You just changed what you said.. what I quoted from you originally said only a gun free world.. there was no mention of guns for hunting.. I would support no guns in the world (even hunting, I can use a bow) if the police didn't need to carry a gun also.. Should the world be so safe that they could walk about without BPVs and guns.. then I could live without them..

I was simply saying before that I would rather discuss solutions to get us to this point.. rather than have to read through people chiming in with unless stupid post that won't help anyone.. because they aren't there to help..
If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions. Call me the America Nightmare. Call me the American Dream.
jinorazi
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)4948 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-23 00:31:50
December 23 2012 00:18 GMT
#6195
On December 23 2012 08:40 AmericanNightmare wrote:
I haven't read most of this thread... because most of the posters are stupid..

Has someone posted a possible solution to be discussed besides the classic (and stupid) just "get rid of all your guns because I'm not American, and I don't understand what I'm talking about.. but I've never owned a gun.. so you shouldn't either.."

even some mods make bogus post..

Show nested quote +
On December 23 2012 07:26 jinorazi wrote:

1) i'd say almost everyone would rather live in a world without guns, to claim gun ban is better, is an obvious and not really up for debate.


Well thank God that you are here to tell us what is obvious and shouldn't be debated.. I'm one of those few who isn't almost everyone... who would debate you... but since you're not up for it.. why are you here?

1) I'd say you're full of it

Show nested quote +
On December 23 2012 07:30 KwarK wrote:
There are those who argue that guns are a great equaliser because they mean your poor frail old grandmother can stand up to some gangster trying to stab her and defend herself.


Care to test this? Let both take our grandmothers.. mine armed with a gun and yours with faith in her police... we'll put them in different houses and allow gangsters to enter the houses with the purpose of brutally raping and murdering them.. they have 15 minutes to make it.. After 15 minutes the "police arrive"

Should your grandmother fair better then mine... I'll give up every weapon I have and be one of the front men for an America without firearms..
If mine comes out better.. you stay silent and allow me to have my weapons in peace.. DEAL?


maybe you should see things from multiple perspective, accounting different social culture and not just pro-gun/nra style view on guns. for example, i wouldnt remove guns in usa but i wouldnt introduce them in korea.

with that said i'm not sure why you would be against a world without guns, aside from hunting and whatnot. for self protection there are other alternatives than guns. i understand fighting gun with gun but if there is no threat from a gun, i think there are fairly viable solutions for protection as long as we dont knitpick situations.

not sure of your aggressiveness, i find it ironic you call others stupid and full of it with the type of reply you made.
age: 84 | location: california | sex: 잘함
AmericanNightmare
Profile Joined September 2011
United States98 Posts
December 23 2012 00:48 GMT
#6196
On December 23 2012 09:18 jinorazi wrote:
i find it ironic you call others stupid and full of it with the type of reply you made.


Anyone who says there can be a world with no crime or violence.. or anyone who says something isn't debatable.. when it is very much a subject that can be debated to death and back.. IS FULL OF IT..

But please.. as I said.. I love to learn.. so point out to me where I was being ironic.. so I can learn from it and we won't have this problem again..
If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions. Call me the America Nightmare. Call me the American Dream.
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10011 Posts
December 23 2012 00:59 GMT
#6197
OK please tell me this: How do you know that most of the posters on here are stupid, if you haven't read the thread in first place?

I haven't read most of this thread... because most of the posters are stupid..


That seems pretty closed minded to me.
Am i missing something here?
RIP Meatloaf <3
Zealotdriver
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1557 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-23 01:04:45
December 23 2012 01:04 GMT
#6198
On December 23 2012 09:59 Jockmcplop wrote:
OK please tell me this: How do you know that most of the posters on here are stupid, if you haven't read the thread in first place?

Show nested quote +
I haven't read most of this thread... because most of the posters are stupid..


That seems pretty closed minded to me.
Am i missing something here?

I assume he/she read a sample of the thread, saw the ignorance parade, and decided to avoid reading the entire thing. At this point, with a thread more than 300 pages long, ain't nobody got time for that anyway.
Turn off the radio
AmericanNightmare
Profile Joined September 2011
United States98 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-23 01:18:47
December 23 2012 01:15 GMT
#6199
On December 23 2012 09:59 Jockmcplop wrote:
OK please tell me this: How do you know that most of the posters on here are stupid, if you haven't read the thread in first place?

Show nested quote +
I haven't read most of this thread... because most of the posters are stupid..


That seems pretty closed minded to me.
Am i missing something here?


I'll edit the original post since it's apparently the only thing you can think about... And I'd say you're missing quite a bit.. like the part where I said MOST of the thread..suddenly that because "I haven't read any of it.. but everyone is stupid".. you're just like the dude from NZ.. but what do you care..


On December 23 2012 10:04 Zealotdriver wrote:

I assume he read a sample of the thread, saw the ignorance parade, and decided to avoid reading the entire thing. At this point, with a thread more than 300 pages long, ain't nobody got time for that anyway.


JACKPOT... When someone post an absolute waste post such as the one I gave as an example.. the only thing it adds to is their post count.. 310 pages and like I said.. I haven't seen anything that from the anti-gun side that could even be a possible solution that could get us to where we could eventually lead to a no gun U.S... That's what I want to discuss.. not how U.S. should be like other countries because they don't have guns..
If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions. Call me the America Nightmare. Call me the American Dream.
jinorazi
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)4948 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-23 01:31:57
December 23 2012 01:18 GMT
#6200
On December 23 2012 09:48 AmericanNightmare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2012 09:18 jinorazi wrote:
i find it ironic you call others stupid and full of it with the type of reply you made.


Anyone who says there can be a world with no crime or violence.. or anyone who says something isn't debatable.. when it is very much a subject that can be debated to death and back.. IS FULL OF IT..

But please.. as I said.. I love to learn.. so point out to me where I was being ironic.. so I can learn from it and we won't have this problem again..


i never said a world with no crime or violence, i was speaking in terms of countries with already strictly placed gun regulation with low gun saturation, and that world is better than the counterpart. do explain why you would prefer high gun saturation with lax gun control and screening as it is usa.

i was pointing out the useless subjects like you first pointed it out, people saying gun control or no gun control in usa without realistic viewpoint on it, which is the majority of this thread. i didnt call them idiots like you did, i said there is no need for same old words.

the irony comes from you calling others(me) full of it on their words yet you strongly present your opinion with authoritative tone.
age: 84 | location: california | sex: 잘함
Prev 1 308 309 310 311 312 891 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4397
Leta 1864
Shuttle 1496
ZergMaN 56
sorry 54
Shine 41
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm224
League of Legends
JimRising 617
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Other Games
summit1g6523
WinterStarcraft678
Sick186
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick519
BasetradeTV211
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 22
• Letter1415
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2217
League of Legends
• Rush1340
• Lourlo1130
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 17m
Patches Events
8h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 17m
OSC
16h 17m
OSC
1d 5h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.