• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:02
CEST 13:02
KST 20:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8546 users

Men's Fashion Thread - Page 34

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 446 Next
RaiD.RaynoR
Profile Joined February 2012
United States294 Posts
March 01 2012 04:46 GMT
#661
I like to wear sharonas
Redemption is the consequence of forgiveness
Sundays
Profile Joined March 2012
2 Posts
March 01 2012 05:17 GMT
#662
Hey - longtime lurker here, I've kinda been around the forums for a looong time but never felt the urge to post. I stumbled upon this thread and some of the responses are pretty interesting/helpful so I thought I'd throw a question out. I'm entering the office environment and I need shoes but I don't really have any idea what I should be looking for (in terms of brands, type, etc.). I have a pair of really formal dress shoes that I wear with my suit but it's not something I want to be wearing every day (as I wont be dressing that formally). I was wondering if anyone had any advice on buying a good first pair of oxfords/wingtips etc. About budget, I don't want to go overboard....hopefully something that's worth what I'm paying. Oya I'm Canadian...if that affects anything.
Focuspants
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada780 Posts
March 01 2012 05:27 GMT
#663
Im a big fan of Allen Edmonds. I am currently building my shoe collection and im aiming for these three (have the fifth avenues and am getting the parks now, so soon itll be 1 to go!):

Park Avenues in black- http://www.zappos.com/allen-edmonds-park-avenue-black-custom-calf?zlfid=111&recoName=zap_brand_page

Kenilworth in brown burnished calf- http://www.zappos.com/allen-edmonds-kenilworth-brown-burnished-calf?zlfid=111&recoName=zap_brand_page

Fifth Avenues in walnut calf- http://www.zappos.com/allen-edmonds-fifth-avenue-black-calf?zlfid=111&recoName=zap_brand_page

Sorry I had to link from zappos, the AE website wasnt opening for me.
Starburst
Profile Joined November 2011
United States108 Posts
March 01 2012 05:35 GMT
#664
On March 01 2012 14:27 Focuspants wrote:
Im a big fan of Allen Edmonds. I am currently building my shoe collection and im aiming for these three (have the fifth avenues and am getting the parks now, so soon itll be 1 to go!):

Park Avenues in black- http://www.zappos.com/allen-edmonds-park-avenue-black-custom-calf?zlfid=111&recoName=zap_brand_page

Kenilworth in brown burnished calf- http://www.zappos.com/allen-edmonds-kenilworth-brown-burnished-calf?zlfid=111&recoName=zap_brand_page

Fifth Avenues in walnut calf- http://www.zappos.com/allen-edmonds-fifth-avenue-black-calf?zlfid=111&recoName=zap_brand_page

Sorry I had to link from zappos, the AE website wasnt opening for me.


I really like the second pair. They have a very nice color to them. Personally, though, I don't like the black shoes. I don't think they're very versatile and I can't imagine myself wearing them anywhere outside of an office. But, fashion is all about personal expression, so if you like them, I say go for it. :D
Sundays
Profile Joined March 2012
2 Posts
March 01 2012 05:40 GMT
#665
I agree, the second pair seems like the best out of the three. For some reason it looks more casual and like you said I could see myself wearing it outside the office; I'm looking for shoes that I can wear with the majority of my wardrobe, which isn't as formal as what I'd be wearing to work - thanks for the quick reply
arterian
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada1157 Posts
March 01 2012 05:41 GMT
#666
Wow those shoes look amazing. I need a pair.
http://www.twitch.tv/arterian
Focuspants
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada780 Posts
March 01 2012 06:29 GMT
#667
The parks are for formal events. I work in the wine industry and often have dinners and tastings that are a good occasion to wear them. The Kenilworths are the most versatile for sure. My favourites are my walnut fifth avenues though. Im getting married in June, and its going to be an outdoor afternoon wedding in a vineyard. Gonna wear a light grey suit with the walnut fifths and matching walnut belt. They really make an outfit pop. I cant wait haha. You obviously cant wear these as often because people will notice them, and they lose their novelty if you see them every day. Theyre my "today im gonna dress more fun" shoes.
Starburst
Profile Joined November 2011
United States108 Posts
March 01 2012 08:30 GMT
#668
On March 01 2012 15:29 Focuspants wrote:
The parks are for formal events. I work in the wine industry and often have dinners and tastings that are a good occasion to wear them. The Kenilworths are the most versatile for sure. My favourites are my walnut fifth avenues though. Im getting married in June, and its going to be an outdoor afternoon wedding in a vineyard. Gonna wear a light grey suit with the walnut fifths and matching walnut belt. They really make an outfit pop. I cant wait haha. You obviously cant wear these as often because people will notice them, and they lose their novelty if you see them every day. Theyre my "today im gonna dress more fun" shoes.


Well, in light of that, it makes sense that you would want a pair or two of black dress shoes. Congratulations! I hope you and your fiancee have a long and fruitful marriage! ^^
jamesr12
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1549 Posts
March 01 2012 12:31 GMT
#669
On March 01 2012 14:40 Sundays wrote:
I agree, the second pair seems like the best out of the three. For some reason it looks more casual and like you said I could see myself wearing it outside the office; I'm looking for shoes that I can wear with the majority of my wardrobe, which isn't as formal as what I'd be wearing to work - thanks for the quick reply


JWD's blog had a good write up on getting your first pair of nice shoes. Link below. I agree with what he has to say, id look for a mid brown shoe as that will be the most versatile. Make sure you get a shoe with a leather sole so you can have it resoled when the sole wears out. The shoe on the top of the previous page I think would be ideal for your situation. The user got it off ebay which can be a great source for shoes, if you are patient.

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=305851

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306479
gugarutz
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria110 Posts
March 01 2012 12:57 GMT
#670
now that i see the picture in JWDs blog, with the cuffed trousers, i have to ask what you guy think about cuffing. I read that it has tradition from early 19th century but i just think it looks a bit strange.

and also i'd like your opinion on not tucking your shirt into your pants if you wear a pullover on top in a casual business setting. i see it from time to time and i just cant stand it

i'm very noobish in fashin but that's what i was always told, no cuffs and shirt inside (unsless it's very casual but never with pullover on top)
jamesr12
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1549 Posts
March 01 2012 15:28 GMT
#671
Cuffs can be pulled off for sure, although personally I am not a fan. I would rather just hem my jeans so they have little to no break. I think in that picture the guy on the right is pulling off the cuffs ok. On the left the cuffs are to big IMO.

Untucked shirt under a sweater (pullover = sweater ?) can be pulled off, but it is hard to pull off. Unless you really know what you are doing the better option is to just tuck the shirt if you are wearing anything over it. And I don't think it could be pulled off in a casual business setting, it is to casual even for business casual.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306479
Diglett
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
600 Posts
March 01 2012 19:33 GMT
#672
if you are short, you probably shouldn't cuff jeans since it makes your legs appear shorter

there's no big fashion rule about cuffing except don't do really large cuffs
Focuspants
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada780 Posts
March 01 2012 19:44 GMT
#673
On March 01 2012 21:57 gugarutz wrote:
now that i see the picture in JWDs blog, with the cuffed trousers, i have to ask what you guy think about cuffing. I read that it has tradition from early 19th century but i just think it looks a bit strange.

and also i'd like your opinion on not tucking your shirt into your pants if you wear a pullover on top in a casual business setting. i see it from time to time and i just cant stand it

i'm very noobish in fashin but that's what i was always told, no cuffs and shirt inside (unsless it's very casual but never with pullover on top)


In a casual setting going out with friends for some drinks, I sometimes leave my shirt untucked under a sweater. Its usually in an environment where I can roll up my sleeves, and roll the cuff of the shirt over the arm of the sweater. Make sure your shirt only sticks out a tiny bit from the bottom. You need a well fitting shirt to pull this off. If its too long youll look sloppy. Mine end up sticking out maybe an inch at most, probably less, and it just dresses the outfit down a bit. For work I would tuck in though.

Oh and this may seem obvious, but if you have a tie on, ALWAYS tuck in.
Frosted
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada23 Posts
March 02 2012 06:31 GMT
#674
My go to common backpack has started to die on me quickly so Ive started to look into buying a leather messenger bag. Figured since I still have 5 more years of school I would get something nice and reliable. At the moment I am leaning towards a Scaramanga bag, more precisely this bag:
http://www.scaramangashop.co.uk/fashion/leather-bags/for-him/leather-messenger-bags/medium-wide-leather-messenger-bag/prod_20.html

Reviews on and off the website seem very positive and the price is a steal. Just thought I'd try and get TL's opinion!
Thanks
Motivate
Profile Joined June 2011
2860 Posts
March 05 2012 07:42 GMT
#675
what do people think of these sneakers?

http://www.hypedc.com/marcel-mb2-black-dark-blue.html

i'm looking for something that's slim/low profile to wear with some dark jeans. what do people think of the vulcanised white sole? a lot of shoes seem to have them these days, not sure if i like this trend or not. also, LOL at the price. that's what we pay in australia, and keep in mind our dollar is stronger than the US dollar. oh well, can always buy online.
Starburst
Profile Joined November 2011
United States108 Posts
March 05 2012 09:28 GMT
#676
On March 05 2012 16:42 Motivate wrote:
what do people think of these sneakers?

http://www.hypedc.com/marcel-mb2-black-dark-blue.html

i'm looking for something that's slim/low profile to wear with some dark jeans. what do people think of the vulcanised white sole? a lot of shoes seem to have them these days, not sure if i like this trend or not. also, LOL at the price. that's what we pay in australia, and keep in mind our dollar is stronger than the US dollar. oh well, can always buy online.


I think these are pretty cool actually. I've seen this style around a lot recently and it may just be a trend, but I think they can be worn easily even AFTER the trend ends (if it does). Wish I could buy a nice pair like these, but I's a poor college student.
jamesr12
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1549 Posts
March 05 2012 12:41 GMT
#677
On March 05 2012 16:42 Motivate wrote:
what do people think of these sneakers?

http://www.hypedc.com/marcel-mb2-black-dark-blue.html

i'm looking for something that's slim/low profile to wear with some dark jeans. what do people think of the vulcanised white sole? a lot of shoes seem to have them these days, not sure if i like this trend or not. also, LOL at the price. that's what we pay in australia, and keep in mind our dollar is stronger than the US dollar. oh well, can always buy online.


I dont like them, the white sole will get dirty very fast. Also it is just a plain black boring sneaker not worth the price at all IMO.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306479
Motivate
Profile Joined June 2011
2860 Posts
March 06 2012 11:10 GMT
#678
On March 05 2012 21:41 jamesr12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 16:42 Motivate wrote:
what do people think of these sneakers?

http://www.hypedc.com/marcel-mb2-black-dark-blue.html

i'm looking for something that's slim/low profile to wear with some dark jeans. what do people think of the vulcanised white sole? a lot of shoes seem to have them these days, not sure if i like this trend or not. also, LOL at the price. that's what we pay in australia, and keep in mind our dollar is stronger than the US dollar. oh well, can always buy online.


I dont like them, the white sole will get dirty very fast. Also it is just a plain black boring sneaker not worth the price at all IMO.

not so worried about the white sole getting dirty, more worried that the sole might be a bit too big/chunky which kind of ruins the slim profile of the shoe. i've had shoes with the vulcanised white sole in the past and it really doesn't get that dirty unless you're stepping in mud or something. the price isn't really a concern though. you can get them for cheaper than $140 obviously.

tbh though i chose them because i like the plain/simple design. plain stuff is very easy to match. i would get the shoe no questions asked if i wasn't so unsure about the sole.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
March 06 2012 12:00 GMT
#679
My friend wears them and they are okay. Personally, I like converse better (you can get the higher-end leather shell converse for around the same price as those shoes).
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
VaultD
Profile Joined October 2011
Finland85 Posts
March 06 2012 21:11 GMT
#680
Hey all style-sensible people of TL. I've lately been trying to figure out my wardrobe and the way I dress a bit more than before. This thread has been plenty helpful, so thanks for all the contributions you guys make. I just picked up nice dark camel toned chinos and couple of new collared shirts last week, which definitely enrich my current wardrobe.

I've liked the impact that good looking shoes make for the last couple of years, and I really liked a pair of Timberlands casual shoes that I bought a couple of years ago ( http://image.bargainoutfitters.com/dimage/139709_ts.JPG?cell=200,200&cvt=jpeg Best image I could find ). Now they're worn out tho and with spring coming soon, I'm kind of in a need of new shoes. I'm only an university student so I don't really need overtly formal shoes, but I really would prefer a bit classier shoes, seeing as I'd be using them for most of the year ( Finnish winter really does require proper eskimo wear and winter boots ). Also it might be nice to be able to use the shoes on formal occasions when not wearing black, but that is a bit besides the point.

I'd like your input on these quite nice and simple Vagabonds that I've been thinking of lately:
http://www.vagabond.com/vagabond_product.aspx?ItemNr=3363-101&color=&isoCode=GB

The light brown color is the only one I've seen in stores and I do like that as well, tho I suppose I could consider the darker browns and buy them online. In any case, my price range is more or less somewhere between 100-200€ and looking for shoes that go well with more or less anything while still looking classy.
“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.”
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 446 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
WardiTV64
Rex38
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko224
ProTech144
Rex 38
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 648
Soma 584
Jaedong 553
Hyuk 463
Soulkey 390
Horang2 367
BeSt 301
910 227
Light 205
Stork 197
[ Show more ]
Mini 177
EffOrt 168
Snow 165
Britney 137
Larva 121
Pusan 116
Last 113
ZerO 113
ggaemo 78
Rush 63
Mind 58
Shinee 46
Killer 45
Creator 41
Mong 37
Yoon 36
Bale 25
hero 22
Sharp 19
Noble 14
yabsab 14
sorry 14
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
Gorgc6542
XcaliburYe168
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1398
pashabiceps893
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2610
Khaldor819
Other Games
gofns39505
singsing1466
XBOCT290
Pyrionflax257
DeMusliM185
Mew2King93
B2W.Neo59
ArmadaUGS49
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream164
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH307
• StrangeGG 41
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1410
Other Games
• WagamamaTV183
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 58m
The PondCast
22h 58m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.