• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:34
CEST 14:34
KST 21:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8879 users

Men's Fashion Thread - Page 33

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 446 Next
Focuspants
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada780 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-28 16:23:46
February 28 2012 04:38 GMT
#641
I think a darker brown (but not too dark) oxford would be the most versatile. If the shoe is too light (like a walnut) its hard to dress up really formally, and if its too dark, its hard to dress down and wear with jeans or chinos.

At your pricepoint you may want to look into Florsheims. Ive recently purchased some Allen Edmonds Fifth Avenues and theyre awesome, but they are a bit more expensive. A guy on Styleforum is selling them for $245 USD. If you want something brand new, youll likely get rubber soles and lower quality leather at that price. If youre okay with spending a bit more, I would recommend some parks or fifths from AE, or if you dont mind gently used shoes, keep an eye out on the styleforum buy/sell forums, and on ebay for a pair of AE's which you could probably grab for about your posted budget.

OH, and if you do go the ordering online route, try to find a pair of the shoes you want at a local store and get fitted. Youll need different sizes based on the last the shoe is on. I went into Harry Rosen, got fitted, and then ordered them online for $155 less than they charged in the store here.
hipaul
Profile Joined May 2009
United States274 Posts
February 28 2012 17:45 GMT
#642
Hey guys,

Just won a pair of these Allen Edmonds on ebay and would appreciate any recommendations on pants and shirts that will go well with the shoes.
[image loading]
[image loading]

I want to wear them casually and at work. I work at an engineering company and the dress code is not too professional (probably what you'd imagine engineers wearing and no suits). I want to dress sharper but don't want to go overboard either. I have a pair of Dockers khakis slim fit that I think I can wear with the shoes, but I am looking into buying a pair of pants and few shirts that I can wear with the shoes. I'd appreciate any feedback, thanks!
SAMSUNG KHAN | tensai[ra] on iccup | Stork, Jangbi, Roro, Shine, Reality, Turn | Miss you Grape even though you failed in pvp and Brave the King of Chain Reaction
Focuspants
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada780 Posts
February 28 2012 18:14 GMT
#643
If youre wearing chinos and those shoes, you have a lot of room to play with colour and texture wise on your upperbody. Your lower half will be pretty neutral, so you can go with a variety of different options. Hard to be more specific than that. Thats a good versatile shoe though, one the previous poster may want to use as a reference for a good shoe you can dress up or down.
hipaul
Profile Joined May 2009
United States274 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-28 19:12:11
February 28 2012 19:10 GMT
#644
On February 29 2012 03:14 Focuspants wrote:
If youre wearing chinos and those shoes, you have a lot of room to play with colour and texture wise on your upperbody. Your lower half will be pretty neutral, so you can go with a variety of different options. Hard to be more specific than that. Thats a good versatile shoe though, one the previous poster may want to use as a reference for a good shoe you can dress up or down.

Thanks for the feedback and good to know that I bought a decent pair ^^ I guess I should be more specific and say that I want to know what colors will look good with the shoes... For pants, I am thinking about buying another pair of Dockers in grey at the moment
SAMSUNG KHAN | tensai[ra] on iccup | Stork, Jangbi, Roro, Shine, Reality, Turn | Miss you Grape even though you failed in pvp and Brave the King of Chain Reaction
jamesr12
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1549 Posts
February 28 2012 20:07 GMT
#645
Great shoes. For pants they'd look great with khaki, light to mid grey, navy for classic bisuness casual colors. The only classic color I'd avoid would be dark greys, black or charcoal. Do you have a nice belt that at least roughly matches to complement your shoes?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306479
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
February 28 2012 20:26 GMT
#646
Anyone have any good recommendations for clothing to wear for a casual dinner out with the girlfriend? I never really realized that while I try to look nice, I never actually dress any differently. But I'm not sure what I should be wearing. Nothing fancy, just $50 total dinner sorta situation. Button up shirt? Dress shirt? Not jeans? I dunno what I should be doing ;_;
Focuspants
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada780 Posts
February 28 2012 20:28 GMT
#647
Im a big fan of purple when trying to match with browns. I know layering oranges and "rusts" also works well. I tend to enjoy having at least 1 colourful item to brighten things up a bit. Blues also work well, as would greens. Avoid anything too dark and neutral imo, youll look a little boring if you have a dark neutral top, with khakis and brown shoes.
hipaul
Profile Joined May 2009
United States274 Posts
February 28 2012 20:55 GMT
#648
On February 29 2012 05:07 jamesr12 wrote:
Great shoes. For pants they'd look great with khaki, light to mid grey, navy for classic bisuness casual colors. The only classic color I'd avoid would be dark greys, black or charcoal. Do you have a nice belt that at least roughly matches to complement your shoes?

I don't have a nice one, but I do have a brown belt that I can wear. It's a darker shade of brown than the color of the shoes, but that doesn't really matter, right? I'll look into buying a pair of either navy or light to mid grey pants


On February 29 2012 05:28 Focuspants wrote:
Im a big fan of purple when trying to match with browns. I know layering oranges and "rusts" also works well. I tend to enjoy having at least 1 colourful item to brighten things up a bit. Blues also work well, as would greens. Avoid anything too dark and neutral imo, youll look a little boring if you have a dark neutral top, with khakis and brown shoes.

Noted, I'll make sure not to wear anything too dark or neutral when I wear my shoes with khakis, and will look into buying blue and/or purple shirts.

Thanks guys! I'll make sure to post pics once I receive the shoes and go shopping
SAMSUNG KHAN | tensai[ra] on iccup | Stork, Jangbi, Roro, Shine, Reality, Turn | Miss you Grape even though you failed in pvp and Brave the King of Chain Reaction
jamesr12
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1549 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-28 22:16:14
February 28 2012 20:57 GMT
#649
On February 29 2012 05:26 Mohdoo wrote:
Anyone have any good recommendations for clothing to wear for a casual dinner out with the girlfriend? I never really realized that while I try to look nice, I never actually dress any differently. But I'm not sure what I should be wearing. Nothing fancy, just $50 total dinner sorta situation. Button up shirt? Dress shirt? Not jeans? I dunno what I should be doing ;_;


Chinos, button up and a v neck sweater and nice shoes will always work well for a date but there's so many options for a casual date. Jeans aren't always bad just keep them dark and non distressed and make sure everything fits well. One other thing with dates is don't try to be something you are not, nothing is wrong with dressing up a little and for the situation, but still be yourself.

@hipaul: no it doesn't need to be a perfect match for casual outfits, within a shade or two is fine. Those shoes are a mid brown so unless your belt is like a light tan or a dark dark brown you should be good.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306479
Tyras
Profile Joined February 2012
United Kingdom3 Posts
February 29 2012 21:57 GMT
#650
Hey guys, I have a bit of a weird question. My friend is having an engagement party with a smart/casual dress code. We're all pretty young (19/20ish) so I would think it's even more casual than your standard engagement party. Anyway, I just want to ask if this outfit is appropriate, and if so, which combination I should go for (of having my collar done up or undone; my shirt tucked in, or not; and wearing a belt, or not). Album here with six pictures: which one is best? http://imgur.com/a/dboEG

Also, these are the shoes I am wearing btw http://i.imgur.com/NiBXm.jpg Sorry for the terrible pic. Do they seem ok or should I buy a new pair?
Radioman
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada904 Posts
February 29 2012 22:07 GMT
#651
First question, why is your friend getting engaged so young?!?!?

Also I like belts so go with a belt.
Check out my blog! - http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/radioman
Xiron
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1233 Posts
February 29 2012 22:09 GMT
#652
On March 01 2012 06:57 Tyras wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Hey guys, I have a bit of a weird question. My friend is having an engagement party with a smart/casual dress code. We're all pretty young (19/20ish) so I would think it's even more casual than your standard engagement party. Anyway, I just want to ask if this outfit is appropriate, and if so, which combination I should go for (of having my collar done up or undone; my shirt tucked in, or not; and wearing a belt, or not). Album here with six pictures: which one is best? http://imgur.com/a/dboEG

Also, these are the shoes I am wearing btw http://i.imgur.com/NiBXm.jpg Sorry for the terrible pic. Do they seem ok or should I buy a new pair?


I like the 5th one, collar undone and shirt tucked in. It gives you some sort of seriousness, but the collar turns it into coolness and openess. The shoes are not 'WOW' but they are ok and fit your outfit pretty nice.
"The way of life can be free and beautiful. But we have lost the way. " - Charlie Chaplin
jamesr12
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1549 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-29 22:14:41
February 29 2012 22:13 GMT
#653
On March 01 2012 06:57 Tyras wrote:
Hey guys, I have a bit of a weird question. My friend is having an engagement party with a smart/casual dress code. We're all pretty young (19/20ish) so I would think it's even more casual than your standard engagement party. Anyway, I just want to ask if this outfit is appropriate, and if so, which combination I should go for (of having my collar done up or undone; my shirt tucked in, or not; and wearing a belt, or not). Album here with six pictures: which one is best? http://imgur.com/a/dboEG

Also, these are the shoes I am wearing btw http://i.imgur.com/NiBXm.jpg Sorry for the terrible pic. Do they seem ok or should I buy a new pair?


Tucked- Yes
Belt - Yes
Collar - Unless you are wearing a tie, you should leave the top button undone. Does the shirt have collar stay slots? If so you should consider getting some nice metal ones, because that collar doesn't look to good.
Shoes- I cant see anything in that picture. What are they?

Are your pants black or navy?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306479
Tyras
Profile Joined February 2012
United Kingdom3 Posts
March 01 2012 00:06 GMT
#654
The pants are black, here's a better picture of the shoes http://i.imgur.com/UBxow.jpg They don't look up to much here, but I think they match the rest of the outfit somewhat well and perhaps lend a bit more of a casual quality to it.

As to why my friend is getting married so young: I really don't know. He's punching above his weight; perhaps that has something to do with it.
jamesr12
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1549 Posts
March 01 2012 00:39 GMT
#655
The shoes are blah they will work because they are plain black, but they are holding the outfit back from being real nice IMO. Since it is a casual event I wouldn't be that worried about it. Your shirt fit is great btw.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306479
Focuspants
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada780 Posts
March 01 2012 02:24 GMT
#656
Def outfit number 5. What James said in regards to the shoes. Im engaged and gettign married and I thought I was young at 24, couldnt imagine doing it at 19 lol. All the best though! My mom had me when she was 20, so im thankful she took the risk of getting married young lol.
Quesadilla
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1814 Posts
March 01 2012 02:29 GMT
#657
Is anybody else on http://Lookbook.nu ? I feel massively alone on that site, so I was just wondering...
Make a lot of friends. Wear good clothes. Drink good beer. Love a nice girl.
craaaaack
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
479 Posts
March 01 2012 03:27 GMT
#658
By being on lookbook do you mean posting there or just reading?
About reading lookbook: I feel like the male section is just a pile of garbage. Seriously, pretty much 95% of the posters there are boys aged 16-20 (or trying to look like they are that old) that wear something either trying to be funny or androgynous, last type dominating. I don't know the reason for it but it's a big trend to look androgynous on lookbook.

This combined with the fact that most outfits you'll see there are nowhere near being wearable as long as you 1) don't possess a time machine and travel all the way back to 1800 or 2) don't find yourself being in an anime, I'd consider it a waste of time trying to find nice outfits there.

If you got enough patience you sure can use lookbook to find someone whos sense of fashion you find appealing and hope he has a blog or sth. and follow them there. But pleeeeease don't just skrim through the most upvoted posts and think it's a good idea to dress like that lol.
▲ I was really thirsty while playing a match. All my teammates were gone, so I drank from the water bottle that was next to me. It was very good. I thank the owner of the bottle.
Focuspants
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada780 Posts
March 01 2012 03:44 GMT
#659
If youre looking for forums and resources, here are my regularly frequented sites:

http://threads.dappered.com/

http://www.styleforum.net/

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?31-Andy-s-Fashion-Forum
PaperGarden
Profile Joined October 2011
10 Posts
March 01 2012 04:44 GMT
#660
On March 01 2012 12:44 Focuspants wrote:
If youre looking for forums and resources, here are my regularly frequented sites:

http://threads.dappered.com/

http://www.styleforum.net/

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?31-Andy-s-Fashion-Forum


www.hypebeast.com is also a really good site

I visit this site for most of my inspiring fashion. They are a online magazine that shows unorthodox, hipster type of clothing ranging from cheap to high-end designing.
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 446 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
Rex97
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko378
ProTech131
Rex 96
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44753
Hyuk 1174
Jaedong 828
actioN 402
Soma 391
Horang2 372
EffOrt 368
Soulkey 367
BeSt 309
Mini 296
[ Show more ]
Zeus 262
Light 256
Last 249
Stork 218
910 191
Larva 177
Snow 133
ggaemo 132
Rush 117
Pusan 82
ZerO 80
Mind 62
Killer 48
Creator 43
Sharp 39
Shine 32
Shinee 31
hero 30
Free 26
Bale 24
JYJ 21
HiyA 15
ToSsGirL 15
Noble 13
yabsab 11
sorry 10
Sacsri 7
Terrorterran 5
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7526
Dendi802
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1621
markeloff127
kRYSTAL_41
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1777
Other Games
gofns40656
singsing1944
B2W.Neo607
XBOCT345
Pyrionflax264
hiko247
DeMusliM231
byalli228
ArmadaUGS91
Mew2King58
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1362
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream182
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH319
• StrangeGG 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1407
Other Games
• WagamamaTV187
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
26m
The PondCast
21h 26m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.