• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:38
CEST 19:38
KST 02:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8059 users

Dating: How's your luck? - Page 569

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 567 568 569 570 571 1067 Next
We are extremely close to shutting down this thread for the same reasons the PUA thread was shut down. While some of the time this thread contains actual discussion with people asking help and people giving nice advice, it often gets derailed by rubbish that should not be here. The moderation team will be trying to steer this thread in a different direction from now on.

Posts of the following nature are banned:
1) ANYTHING regarding PUA. If your post contains the words 'alpha' or 'beta' or anything of that sort please don't hit post.
2) Stupid brags. You can tell us about your nice success stories with someone, but posts such as 'lol 50 Tinder matches' are a no-no.
3) Any misogynistic bullshit, including discussion about rape culture.
4) One night stands and random sex. These are basically brags that invariably devolve into gender role discussions and misogynistic comments.

Last chance, guys. This thread is for dating advice and sharing dating stories. While gender roles, sociocultural norms, and our biological imperative to reproduce are all tangentially related, these subjects are not the main purpose of the thread. Please AVOID these discussions. If you want to discuss them at length, go to PMs or start a blog. If you disagree with someone's ideologies, state that you disagree with them and why they won't work from a dating standpoint and move on. We will not tolerate any lengthy derailments that aren't directly about dating.
SixStrings
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Germany2046 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-09 21:01:09
December 09 2014 21:00 GMT
#11361
On December 10 2014 05:53 Epishade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2014 05:36 SixStrings wrote:
On December 10 2014 05:31 LostWraithSC wrote:
On December 10 2014 05:28 SixStrings wrote:
On December 10 2014 05:22 Kleinmuuhg wrote:
Plot twist, it was a Poster from tl wo wanted to Know if sixstrings actually exists


No, she was a very real (and very hot) person. Too bad I couldn't do anything about it.

What went wrong? Just nothing to talk about?


She talked loads, but I felt that she was kind of let down after having seen me in person.

I still tried to make a move, but she recoiled and said that she wasn't into me. She wasn't being nasty about it, and it doesn't bother me too much.

Tomorrow I have a Tinder date and Saturday I'm meeting a girl with whom I used to study, so I have two more chances to redeem myself this year.

This is the kidney snatcher you're referring to, right SixStrings?


Sadly, yes.

On December 10 2014 05:57 LostWraithSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2014 05:36 SixStrings wrote:
On December 10 2014 05:31 LostWraithSC wrote:
On December 10 2014 05:28 SixStrings wrote:
On December 10 2014 05:22 Kleinmuuhg wrote:
Plot twist, it was a Poster from tl wo wanted to Know if sixstrings actually exists


No, she was a very real (and very hot) person. Too bad I couldn't do anything about it.

What went wrong? Just nothing to talk about?


She talked loads, but I felt that she was kind of let down after having seen me in person.

I still tried to make a move, but she recoiled and said that she wasn't into me. She wasn't being nasty about it, and it doesn't bother me too much.

Tomorrow I have a Tinder date and Saturday I'm meeting a girl with whom I used to study, so I have two more chances to redeem myself this year.

Really? I always pictured you (SixStrings) as a handsome devil.

Oh well...


You're way off.
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
December 09 2014 21:09 GMT
#11362
On December 10 2014 05:36 SixStrings wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2014 05:31 LostWraithSC wrote:
On December 10 2014 05:28 SixStrings wrote:
On December 10 2014 05:22 Kleinmuuhg wrote:
Plot twist, it was a Poster from tl wo wanted to Know if sixstrings actually exists


No, she was a very real (and very hot) person. Too bad I couldn't do anything about it.

What went wrong? Just nothing to talk about?


She talked loads, but I felt that she was kind of let down after having seen me in person.

I still tried to make a move, but she recoiled and said that she wasn't into me. She wasn't being nasty about it, and it doesn't bother me too much.

Tomorrow I have a Tinder date and Saturday I'm meeting a girl with whom I used to study, so I have two more chances to redeem myself this year.


What a strange thing to do. Add random person on facebook, meet up, and proceed to do nothing. Are your facebook pictures much better than the reality or something?
SixStrings
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Germany2046 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-09 21:29:10
December 09 2014 21:22 GMT
#11363
Man I don't know. I only have one picture, so I think she just filled out the rest in her mind.

But it's an honest photograph, because I don't know how to work with Photoshop.

I don't want to dwell on it; I have another date lined up tomorrow and I don't want to take a hit to my confidence now.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27460 Posts
December 10 2014 18:18 GMT
#11364
Looking up after I was approaching a year of being single. Met her at a LAN I was running down in Dublin and casting, she was doing the photos and got chatting to her more and more after initially bugging her for the footage. Met up on a date in all but name down there subsequently and she treated me to dinner, sightseeing and a few drinks, was great actually.

I'm an idiot in that it involves a relative distance and two packed schedules and me having pretty much broken down mentally (hell I've barely even been on here), but figured it was worth a shot!
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
SixStrings
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Germany2046 Posts
December 10 2014 19:35 GMT
#11365
On December 11 2014 03:18 Wombat_NI wrote:
Looking up after I was approaching a year of being single. Met her at a LAN I was running down in Dublin and casting, she was doing the photos and got chatting to her more and more after initially bugging her for the footage. Met up on a date in all but name down there subsequently and she treated me to dinner, sightseeing and a few drinks, was great actually.

I'm an idiot in that it involves a relative distance and two packed schedules and me having pretty much broken down mentally (hell I've barely even been on here), but figured it was worth a shot!



Always happy to see when good things happen to you.
JoeCool
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany2520 Posts
December 10 2014 22:52 GMT
#11366
Today I've had my first real date in years, it was okay I guess.

I asked her out to the christmas-market were we bought some tea and went to my place couple of minutes later to try it out. We had lots of fun she kept talking and laughing and after three hours she had to leave because the two of us have to get up realy early tomorrow and I have a ton of work to do.
Before she left she agreed to watch "What we do in the shadows" with me at my place sometime and said sth. like
"Thank you very much for the nice evening".

Yet I have a bad conscience because I did not kiss her. Think I missed an opportunity there. :-/
Oh,Hi!
Profile Joined December 2014
United States0 Posts
December 10 2014 23:44 GMT
#11367
On December 11 2014 07:52 JoeCool wrote:
Today I've had my first real date in years, it was okay I guess.

I asked her out to the christmas-market were we bought some tea and went to my place couple of minutes later to try it out. We had lots of fun she kept talking and laughing and after three hours she had to leave because the two of us have to get up realy early tomorrow and I have a ton of work to do.
Before she left she agreed to watch "What we do in the shadows" with me at my place sometime and said sth. like
"Thank you very much for the nice evening".

Yet I have a bad conscience because I did not kiss her. Think I missed an opportunity there. :-/


It might actually be for the best if you didn't kiss her; you said this was your first date, right? I hate it when guys try to kiss me on a first date, and a lot of my friends hate it too.

Speaking of things I hate on dates, someone posted earlier about a date where he was treated to dinner and drinks and whatnot. I've dumped guys who let me pay for everything, so it may not have gone as well as you thought. Going Dutch is fine, I'm even fine with paying for almost the entire date if it's after the third date and there are circumstances, but that would be a huge red flag to me.

Btw, it should be fairly obvious if you've read this far, but I am a woman (yay for credibility)! Just so there are no misunderstandings.
B.I.G.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
3251 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-11 05:07:07
December 11 2014 05:03 GMT
#11368
So the whole notion of you treating a guy to dinner or w/e is so outlandishly rediculous to you it makes you break up?

Besides you dont know how it happened. Maybe she insisted on paying. Its not like it would have been better if he had gotten angry and told her to put back her goddamn wallet and let the man pay. Right?
MysteryMeat1
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States3292 Posts
December 11 2014 06:56 GMT
#11369
Thats completely different bigfan...
"Cause ya know, Style before victory." -The greatest mafia player alive
Epishade
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2267 Posts
December 11 2014 07:14 GMT
#11370
I'm with bigfan on this one. I think girls should pay for the first date.

It's usually not even that big a deal. Happy meals are so cheap nowadays they can afford it!
Pinhead Larry in the streets, Dirty Dan in the sheets.
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
December 11 2014 07:39 GMT
#11371
On December 11 2014 16:14 Epishade wrote:
I'm with bigfan on this one. I think girls should pay for the first date.

It's usually not even that big a deal. Happy meals are so cheap nowadays they can afford it!

Always gotta get those happy meal toys. Those things could be worth a lot in several years, like beanie babies.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
December 11 2014 07:51 GMT
#11372
On December 11 2014 08:44 Oh,Hi! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 11 2014 07:52 JoeCool wrote:
Today I've had my first real date in years, it was okay I guess.

I asked her out to the christmas-market were we bought some tea and went to my place couple of minutes later to try it out. We had lots of fun she kept talking and laughing and after three hours she had to leave because the two of us have to get up realy early tomorrow and I have a ton of work to do.
Before she left she agreed to watch "What we do in the shadows" with me at my place sometime and said sth. like
"Thank you very much for the nice evening".

Yet I have a bad conscience because I did not kiss her. Think I missed an opportunity there. :-/


It might actually be for the best if you didn't kiss her; you said this was your first date, right? I hate it when guys try to kiss me on a first date, and a lot of my friends hate it too.

Speaking of things I hate on dates, someone posted earlier about a date where he was treated to dinner and drinks and whatnot. I've dumped guys who let me pay for everything, so it may not have gone as well as you thought. Going Dutch is fine, I'm even fine with paying for almost the entire date if it's after the third date and there are circumstances, but that would be a huge red flag to me.

Btw, it should be fairly obvious if you've read this far, but I am a woman (yay for credibility)! Just so there are no misunderstandings.


Sounds like you aren't in to a lot of guys you date.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
SixStrings
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Germany2046 Posts
December 11 2014 08:19 GMT
#11373
I've had the exact opposite experience. Whenever I had physical contact, I would unfailingly get a second date, whereas if I didn't at least kiss her, I'd get the 'this has been so nice, see you never!'.

So take her words well salted.
Snotling
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany885 Posts
December 11 2014 11:09 GMT
#11374
On December 11 2014 17:19 SixStrings wrote:
I've had the exact opposite experience. Whenever I had physical contact, I would unfailingly get a second date, whereas if I didn't at least kiss her, I'd get the 'this has been so nice, see you never!'.

So take her words well salted.


exactly the same for me

marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
December 11 2014 11:30 GMT
#11375
Sounds like her views are like 40 years out of date or something.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
December 11 2014 11:39 GMT
#11376
Or she just wasn't attracted to the guys trying to kiss her.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27460 Posts
December 11 2014 12:12 GMT
#11377
On December 11 2014 04:35 SixStrings wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 11 2014 03:18 Wombat_NI wrote:
Looking up after I was approaching a year of being single. Met her at a LAN I was running down in Dublin and casting, she was doing the photos and got chatting to her more and more after initially bugging her for the footage. Met up on a date in all but name down there subsequently and she treated me to dinner, sightseeing and a few drinks, was great actually.

I'm an idiot in that it involves a relative distance and two packed schedules and me having pretty much broken down mentally (hell I've barely even been on here), but figured it was worth a shot!



Always happy to see when good things happen to you.

Thanks man, rest of my life has gone to shit so something going positively is a fucking relief.

On the kissing/not kissing debate regarding first dates, I know I've never personally got a second one without that, or at least some kind of physical escalation
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
SixStrings
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Germany2046 Posts
December 11 2014 12:15 GMT
#11378
Though on second thought, this could be a case of correlation as opposed to causality.
Snotling
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany885 Posts
December 11 2014 12:21 GMT
#11379
I think it could be because women seem to react positive to "bold" behaviour.
Even if they dont like the kiss. They "respect" (insert better word here) that you went for it.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27460 Posts
December 11 2014 12:44 GMT
#11380
Plus without something I think some women will be naturally thinking, 'he had a good time but he's probably not romantically interested'.

Actually my biggest weakness in these matters, super terrible at kissing someone for the first time. Once I have that, future spontaneous kissing is fine, or parts beyond but Jesus I find it super awkward.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Prev 1 567 568 569 570 571 1067 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2411
RotterdaM729
TaKeTV 208
IndyStarCraft 183
BRAT_OK 87
ZombieGrub19
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2411
RotterdaM 729
ByuN 339
IndyStarCraft 183
MaxPax 142
BRAT_OK 87
UpATreeSC 57
ZombieGrub19
MindelVK 15
RuFF_SC2 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3424
Shuttle 852
Mini 462
EffOrt 405
Rush 180
Dewaltoss 148
Mind 95
910 75
Zeus 71
Shinee 64
[ Show more ]
HiyA 55
hero 54
Bale 25
sorry 25
ToSsGirL 17
Sexy 11
zelot 10
Sacsri 8
scan(afreeca) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5619
qojqva2809
Counter-Strike
fl0m4876
pashabiceps865
Fnx 721
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2513
Other Games
singsing2169
Beastyqt689
ceh9673
mouzStarbuck189
XaKoH 128
QueenE66
Trikslyr60
C9.Mang039
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV196
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream17
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 102
• StrangeGG 30
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 25
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV110
Other Games
• imaqtpie434
• Shiphtur270
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 22m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 22m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 22m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.