• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:51
CEST 00:51
KST 07:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6844 users

UK Exam Results thread - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
sixfour
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
England11062 Posts
August 18 2011 10:56 GMT
#61
On August 18 2011 19:37 Nerrimus wrote:
A* Maths
A* Further Maths
A* Physics
A Economics
a Further Additional Maths (AS)

S STEP II
1 STEP III

...so I missed my Cambridge offer (SS in STEP). :[ Hopefully they'll still accept me.


Ouch, I knew Cambridge was a bitch to get into but missing with those is kind of ridiculous if they don't still take you

Would advise anyone who missed on what they were shooting for and might need to do clearing to:

1) Don't panic
2) Don't panic (seriously, it may seem like it's a case of ZOMG MUST GET PLACE NOW but it really isn't)
3) Look at all possible options and don't rush into somewhere you're not entirely comfortable at
4) Speak to someone who knows stuff, there's people out there to help you
p: stats, horang2, free, jangbi z: soulkey, zero, shine, hydra t: leta, hiya, sea
RobotPanda
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom3 Posts
August 18 2011 10:56 GMT
#62
Wow quite a few who applied for Imperial.

I got A*A*A*A in Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry
Got into Imperial \o/
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
August 18 2011 10:57 GMT
#63
Graduated from Imperial a couple of months ago with a first in Physics MSci. Very happy ^^
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
Shattubatu
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom6 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-18 11:02:06
August 18 2011 10:58 GMT
#64
On August 18 2011 19:37 Nerrimus wrote:
A* Maths
A* Further Maths
A* Physics
A Economics
a Further Additional Maths (AS)

S STEP II
1 STEP III

...so I missed my Cambridge offer (SS in STEP). :[ Hopefully they'll still accept me.


This is why I'm applying to Oxford, STEP papers are the anti-christ!

Good luck on getting in, and amazing job on STEP, it just explodes my mind!
sixfour
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
England11062 Posts
August 18 2011 10:58 GMT
#65
And yeah, echo what people said about those step things, they're a right bastard. fortunately I only needed a 2 for Warwick when I did mine
p: stats, horang2, free, jangbi z: soulkey, zero, shine, hydra t: leta, hiya, sea
blacklist_member
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia318 Posts
August 18 2011 11:02 GMT
#66
BTW anyone know when the deadline is for applying for a re correction and how soon i'll get it?
MC and MKP fighting ^^
optical630
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom768 Posts
August 18 2011 11:14 GMT
#67
AS's
Psychology U
English Language E
History D (B in one of the units though >_>)
IT - D* (btec course, so Dinstinction star is the highest)
TriZen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England219 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-18 11:26:33
August 18 2011 11:25 GMT
#68
Dislike everyone doing amazing (jokes lol). I got into my Computing BSc at Edge Hill, all that matters to me haha.

I wish the actual coursework was worth more in computing, its only like 30% of the grade.

Well done everyone <3

Optical, I've seen people go from U's at AS to B's at A2. Things change quickly if you get into it :D Good luck next year
Vequeth
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United Kingdom1116 Posts
August 18 2011 11:28 GMT
#69
On August 18 2011 20:14 optical630 wrote:
AS's
Psychology U
English Language E
History D (B in one of the units though >_>)
IT - D* (btec course, so Dinstinction star is the highest)


Haha, I got an E in AS Psychology, dropped it then. Turned out okay :p
Aspiring British Caster / Masters Protoss
Oneoldfogie
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom61 Posts
August 18 2011 11:34 GMT
#70
Distinction* in BTEC ICT
D in ICT
E in Product Design.

Not as good as I hoped for, thought I would do better in ICT, but Product Design was down the shitter the entire year, didn't even like the course.

Got enough points to go to Teesside though, Computer Science.
BlindSC2
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom435 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-18 11:36:57
August 18 2011 11:35 GMT
#71
C - AS Maths

Actually pretty happy, considering I spent a total of about a week in College and self taught myself the subject from textbooks

Still wish I could have done all four subjects I signed up for, next year I'll hopefully be doing

A2 Maths
AS Art
AS Computing
A2 Philosophy
3D Computer modelling course
Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools; because they have to say something - Plato
Lobo2me
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway1213 Posts
August 18 2011 11:38 GMT
#72
So far in my bachelor(2 years in) I've got 70.8% A and the rest C.
Stuff I did poorly in was biochemistry, administration&law, economy and math 2.
What I did well in was math 1, general chemistry 1 and 2, physics, chemistry technique, physical chemistry, chemical analysis 1, organic chemistry, statistics, computer.
Bad manners are better than no manners at all.
Classhobo
Profile Joined July 2011
England2 Posts
August 18 2011 11:43 GMT
#73
Got enough to go to my firm choice of Aberystwyth University doing a degree in Sports and Exercise Science :D:D:D

I was more relieved than happy.happiness will come. UCAS was in a lockdown all morning so only a few knew whether or not they got into uni before they even received their results.
If You Feed Jelly To A Jellyfish, Will It Explode?
theonlyrio
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom200 Posts
August 18 2011 11:47 GMT
#74
Got my AS results today and got BBCE

Maths: B
Product Design: B
Art and Design: C
Physics: (E) - i missed an exam so gotta retake it next year :/

overall i did ok :/
I am the only rio
Joeeigel
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom328 Posts
August 18 2011 12:45 GMT
#75
I barely scraped through college a few years back with a MPP in BTEC IT Practitioners Level 3, made it into Brighton Uni however for the course I wanted, seems most people here did a lot better than me :<, well done ^^.

Also, most people here should go sign up for the UKUTL season 2 :x
Head admin of the CSL:EU and League Manager for Karnage-eSports - Joeeigel.561
Gracksaurusrex
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom171 Posts
August 18 2011 12:51 GMT
#76
I missed my first choice uni by 1 UMS mark, therefore i have to go to my second choice Plymouth to do economics
My results were BCD
cactuschewer
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom152 Posts
August 18 2011 13:08 GMT
#77
Oh lord does this thread make me feel stupid, C in media studies, D in film studies, E in english language and U in ICT. All in AS

The U was because I dropped the subject halfway through the year and the E was bad preperation for the exam, the coursework kept me alive

Other than that, I've always been a bare minimum kind of guy so as long as I've got enough to continue college next year I'm happy, that's all I was worried about, I can do resits whenever.
Kuhva
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom183 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-18 13:42:15
August 18 2011 13:39 GMT
#78
On August 18 2011 18:46 Pwnographics wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2011 18:35 iStarKraft wrote:
On August 18 2011 18:24 Pwnographics wrote:
I got umm.

A2 Maths w/Stats - A*
A2 Biology - A*
A2 Chemistry - A*

AS History - A100%
AS Physics - A 92%.


I just got back my C1 and C2 results back today, as I did them self taught in year 11 so I could do Further Maths at Sixth Form (this was a requirement of the school). I got 95 in C1 and 86 in C2. The average of these is >90, obviously, however I was wondering how much you think this affect my chances of getting A*, or whether you think it'd be worth a retake. I'd appreciate what you think, as you've done the A2 and got an A*. (^_^)


I taught myself C1 and C2 and got 98%. But when I took the A2, (learning at school) I only got in mid 80's averaging out at around 92-94%. I don't know if it was because I was slack as fuck in senior year, (which I was) or Maths got a lot harder(?).

I say if you've got the money spare it's worth it to take a resit, because you don't have to put any extra into taking a resit apart from a couple hours and the money. It's not like resitting English literature where you have to learn new texts.

Imo, if money isn't an issue - do it.


That's kind of flawed logic... if he/she doesn't do any extra work how can they really expect to do any better?

I found C1 and C2 much easier than C3 and C4 and I retook C1 and C2 with my A2's to pump up my grade a bit.

and Finally FUCK ME at the people doing more than 4 A2's I struggled with 4 (Maths, Physics, PE and History... yeah I am electric).. this was 4 years ago now /que back in my day speech!

Congrats to All... TL players seem smarter than average!


On August 18 2011 21:51 Gracksaurusrex wrote:
I missed my first choice uni by 1 UMS mark, therefore i have to go to my second choice Plymouth to do economics
My results were BCD


Did you try negotiating at all? Or was it a flat out no from them when you rang?
Brotoss Fighting!!!!
bITt.mAN
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Switzerland3693 Posts
August 18 2011 13:45 GMT
#79
I feel it's valid to incorporate IB results because hey, we're talking about entering UK Universities here, and if you're competing with people to get into said Unies A-level you've got to wait 'till they know if they get in or not.

Just FYI I stayed off Facebook for a month after final exam results came out, to specifically NOT label people with a number in my mind. Lol and anyways if I ever get curious I can just go back to my (ex) school library, log on as a teacher and get/share the file where they store the whole year's predicted and actual grades in every subject. File security FTW!
BW4LYF . . . . . . PM me, I LOVE PMs. . . . . . Long live "NaDa's Body" . . . . . . Fantasy | Bisu/Best | Jaedong . . . . .
Sanctimonius
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom861 Posts
August 18 2011 16:11 GMT
#80
OP St Andrews is a great uni to get into, congratulations. I loved my time there and it's a beautiful place but not much of a party town - last opening is 1 in the morning out of respect to the locals who live there. Still Dundee and Edinburgh is close enough for trips.

Hope y'all got what you wanted/need, and grats everyone on the hard work.
You live the life you choose.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 135
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 420
White-Ra 143
910 45
NaDa 39
Dota 2
monkeys_forever279
NeuroSwarm141
Super Smash Bros
PPMD85
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8857
Liquid`Hasu1735
Trikslyr85
Other Games
summit1g8474
Liquid`RaSZi3176
shahzam551
JimRising 322
B2W.Neo175
C9.Mang0157
ArmadaUGS93
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream313
Other Games
BasetradeTV244
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1088
Other Games
• imaqtpie1129
• Shiphtur185
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 9m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 9m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.