• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:10
CEST 10:10
KST 17:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7356 users

UK Exam Results thread - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Psychobabas
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
2531 Posts
August 18 2011 09:55 GMT
#41
No idea about all these As and Bs :S. I went to uni over 12 years ago with the International Baccalauretate.
tyles
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom509 Posts
August 18 2011 10:02 GMT
#42
On August 18 2011 18:50 NecroSaint wrote:
My AS results:

A Maths, A further maths, A chemistry, A physics, B computing.

I got full marks in chemistry and physics so I was happy with that, and the computing was completely self taught so a B is good as far as I'm concerned .

But my maths scores were a little too low for me , 2 97, and 2 low 90's .

Before you think i'm insane i'm going for cambridge so anything low is bad .


I really dislike people like this..





:O
Tyles.772 Bobstar.223 I'm just disappointed they overhyped an announcement which would obviously cause a lot of backlash in the TL community. Sure they acquired huk, but they didn't have to rub it in our faces.
NecroSaint
Profile Joined June 2010
England102 Posts
August 18 2011 10:02 GMT
#43
On August 18 2011 19:02 tyles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2011 18:50 NecroSaint wrote:
My AS results:

A Maths, A further maths, A chemistry, A physics, B computing.

I got full marks in chemistry and physics so I was happy with that, and the computing was completely self taught so a B is good as far as I'm concerned .

But my maths scores were a little too low for me , 2 97, and 2 low 90's .

Before you think i'm insane i'm going for cambridge so anything low is bad .


I really dislike people like this..





:O

Sorry tyles
HaRveHHH
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom20 Posts
August 18 2011 10:04 GMT
#44
ARGH! why is everyone on TL uber smart... got My AS levels back today... BCCD..
For a wounded man shall say to attack; "If I live I will kill you, If I die you are forgiven" Such is the rule of honour.
toadyy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom179 Posts
August 18 2011 10:10 GMT
#45
On August 18 2011 19:04 HaRveHHH wrote:
ARGH! why is everyone on TL uber smart... got My AS levels back today... BCCD..

Don't feel bad mate, passing exams says nothing about how smart you are. Probably one of the worst idications I mean at school nowadays you don't learn subjects you learn the tips and tricks to pass exams.
Lorelia
Profile Joined April 2010
England28 Posts
August 18 2011 10:17 GMT
#46
A* Further Maths, A Biology, A Chemistry, A Maths, B General Studies (all A-Level) and A in AS RE :D :D

Going to study medicine at exeter!
Pwnographics
Profile Joined January 2011
New Zealand1097 Posts
August 18 2011 10:21 GMT
#47
On August 18 2011 19:04 HaRveHHH wrote:
ARGH! why is everyone on TL uber smart... got My AS levels back today... BCCD..


At AS/A2 level it's not about how smart you are; but more about how hard you actually tried.

TheLaddergoat
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom34 Posts
August 18 2011 10:22 GMT
#48
2 Cs and a D!!!!! Not good i know!!! Like I give a shit! XDXDXDXDXDXDXD
Live Long and Expo
Iskusstvo
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom323 Posts
August 18 2011 10:24 GMT
#49
AS results: High A's in English Lit. & RS/Philosophy (190 and 199/200 respectively), B in Politics and Government, C in Drama.

Suffice to say that this bag is somewhat mixed.
If your life had a face, I'd punch it. I'd punch your life in the face.
Eufouria
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom4425 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-18 10:28:51
August 18 2011 10:26 GMT
#50
On August 18 2011 18:41 iStarKraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2011 18:38 GoDLy MD wrote:
On August 18 2011 18:35 iStarKraft wrote:
On August 18 2011 18:24 Pwnographics wrote:
I got umm.

A2 Maths w/Stats - A*
A2 Biology - A*
A2 Chemistry - A*

AS History - A100%
AS Physics - A 92%.


I just got back my C1 and C2 results back today, as I did them self taught in year 11 so I could do Further Maths at Sixth Form (this was a requirement of the school). I got 95 in C1 and 86 in C2. The average of these is >90, obviously, however I was wondering how much you think this affect my chances of getting A*, or whether you think it'd be worth a retake. I'd appreciate what you think, as you've done the A2 and got an A*. (^_^)


won't affect you at all bro. You need 80% average for the whole maths, with 90% + in C3 and C4. So you're well on track for the first requirement. With your high score in C1 it should give you some extra leeway for your 2 applied modules. Then all you need to do is work hard for your C3/C4 and score the 90 average and you're set! congrats.


Thank-you! <333333 You've made me feel a tonne better! =D Also, grats on your results, they're awesome!! (~_^)

You can retake them too, and by the time you've learnt C3 and C4 they are pretty trivial in comparison. I got a C the first time I did C2 and 91% the second time.

Maths - A. I did worse on M1 and C2 than I thought I did, but better on C3 and C4 than I thought. Must have been pretty low grade boundaries, which makes me more bitter about choking pretty hard on them.
Physics - B. Thank god my teacher put so much emphasis on the coursework, I'm not sure I would have got a B without it.
Chemistry - B. I was tilting harder than Naniwa facing a reverse sweep in the first exam so I'm ok with it overall.

I'm pretty happy, on the way I decided I was probably going to get somewhere between AAB and BCC, so I'm closer to the top end, and I got the A in maths. I don't think I met my offer, but I can;t log into UCAS at the moment and check. I'm about to phone up and see, and if not I saw a pretty nice offer in clearing that I'll try and go for. If that also fails I'll take a gap year and reapply this year, I initially deferred entry anyway, which is partly why my choices are so limited.

edit:Damn TL is a smart bunch, my results look good compared to most that I know, but I feel like an idiot here. It doesn't help that I picked up a friends results and he got some pretty sick results. Hopefully everyone got what they wanted and needed today anyway, that's really what's important.
tyles
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom509 Posts
August 18 2011 10:32 GMT
#51
I would be very happy with ABBB. I think that I shouldn't of bought Mount & Blade 2 days before my exams, how bad of me... lol
Tyles.772 Bobstar.223 I'm just disappointed they overhyped an announcement which would obviously cause a lot of backlash in the TL community. Sure they acquired huk, but they didn't have to rub it in our faces.
Blacktion
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom1148 Posts
August 18 2011 10:33 GMT
#52
On August 18 2011 18:50 NecroSaint wrote:
My AS results:

A Maths, A further maths, A chemistry, A physics, B computing.

I got full marks in chemistry and physics so I was happy with that, and the computing was completely self taught so a B is good as far as I'm concerned .

But my maths scores were a little too low for me , 2 97, and 2 low 90's .

Before you think i'm insane i'm going for cambridge so anything low is bad .

Fuck me dem results.
Its a bit late now but id advise anyone going for a uni place to look at their interview technique.
I got offered a place at 5 unis for AAB. I got BBC and had to interview for 4/5 unis because they were oversubscribed. I got offered a place at all of them despite being like 60 ucas points under the entrence level for all of them, and them being over subscribed.
Seriously, work on the interview technique, if you dont use it now, itll help bucket loads when the time to get a job rolls round, which happens much soooner than you would think.
Where's Boxer, there's victory! - figq
Paraietta
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom130 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-18 10:35:00
August 18 2011 10:34 GMT
#53
On August 18 2011 19:04 HaRveHHH wrote:
ARGH! why is everyone on TL uber smart... got My AS levels back today... BCCD..


It's mostly the people with good results who post in threads like this, creating that impression
Polt / GuMiho / INnoVation
bITt.mAN
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Switzerland3700 Posts
August 18 2011 10:37 GMT
#54
Being wait listed for Imperial College, I've had to wait for A-level results to come out. Since it's the "thas iz hao gur i r, lookee my results!", what are the A-level equivalents for 7 and 6 in IB, A* and A ?
BW4LYF . . . . . . PM me, I LOVE PMs. . . . . . Long live "NaDa's Body" . . . . . . Fantasy | Bisu/Best | Jaedong . . . . .
Nerrimus
Profile Joined December 2007
Malaysia15 Posts
August 18 2011 10:37 GMT
#55
A* Maths
A* Further Maths
A* Physics
A Economics
a Further Additional Maths (AS)

S STEP II
1 STEP III

...so I missed my Cambridge offer (SS in STEP). :[ Hopefully they'll still accept me.
BigLighthouse
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom424 Posts
August 18 2011 10:43 GMT
#56
On August 18 2011 19:37 Nerrimus wrote:
A* Maths
A* Further Maths
A* Physics
A Economics
a Further Additional Maths (AS)

S STEP II
1 STEP III

...so I missed my Cambridge offer (SS in STEP). :[ Hopefully they'll still accept me.


Dude those step papers are disgusting. Smartest guy I know was in a similar situation to you. If it all goes "horribly wrong" and you end up at your back up just remember that you're gonna coast to a 1st at an only slightly less prestigious uni
Barkziee
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom138 Posts
August 18 2011 10:45 GMT
#57
got my AS results:

A maths
A Further maths
A Physics
B french

My attempts to be a linguist have failed me a little
Faria
Profile Joined February 2011
155 Posts
August 18 2011 10:48 GMT
#58
On August 18 2011 19:04 HaRveHHH wrote:
ARGH! why is everyone on TL uber smart... got My AS levels back today... BCCD..


Don't worry about it, at least you're safe in the knowledge you're one of the more truthful TLers ^_^
^-^
GoDLy MD
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom258 Posts
August 18 2011 10:55 GMT
#59
On August 18 2011 19:37 Nerrimus wrote:
A* Maths
A* Further Maths
A* Physics
A Economics
a Further Additional Maths (AS)

S STEP II
1 STEP III

...so I missed my Cambridge offer (SS in STEP). :[ Hopefully they'll still accept me.


dude an SS offer in STEP is evil T.T
blacklist_member
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia318 Posts
August 18 2011 10:56 GMT
#60
A* Maths
A Chemistry
B Physics

Dunno how i screwed up Physics. Got 89% average for Paper 1,2,3,4 and apparently i got such low marks on 5 and 6 that my average fell below 80% Oo. Really pissed off about that but otherwise i'm cool, specially cause of the A*.
MC and MKP fighting ^^
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 64
EnDerr 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 2480
Rain 1619
FanTaSy 430
Yoon 84
Soma 81
Mong 71
Killer 58
NotJumperer 47
Bale 37
Hm[arnc] 27
[ Show more ]
ajuk12(nOOB) 23
Shinee 15
yabsab 14
Sharp 9
Noble 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm179
Fuzer 69
League of Legends
JimRising 510
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss392
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King168
Other Games
summit1g8128
olofmeister992
ceh9404
Happy297
KnowMe131
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick642
BasetradeTV164
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 12
• killerbeecast1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2217
League of Legends
• Rush1156
• Lourlo1038
• Stunt505
Other Games
• Shiphtur861
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
1h 50m
INu's Battles
2h 50m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
4h 50m
OSC
14h 5m
Replay Cast
14h 50m
OSC
1d 14h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.