• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:46
CEST 18:46
KST 01:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)70Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6656 users

Ask and answer stupid questions here! - Page 177

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 175 176 177 178 179 783 Next
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44354 Posts
December 19 2014 23:38 GMT
#3521
On December 20 2014 07:29 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Excluding franchises, how does a studio choose which movie pitch it wants to develop into a full film?

Divining with chicken entrails.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Sub40APM
Profile Joined August 2010
6336 Posts
December 19 2014 23:48 GMT
#3522
Is it possible that I damaged one but not all of my cares on my laptop somehow, which causes random but massive slowdowns when the computer tries to distribute workload to the damaged core?
Shiragaku
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Hong Kong4308 Posts
December 20 2014 08:21 GMT
#3523
Would you eat live seafood to get the freshest quality of fish? (NSFW)
Oyster
+ Show Spoiler +

Shrimp
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Octopus
+ Show Spoiler +

Fish
+ Show Spoiler +

+ Show Spoiler +
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
December 20 2014 09:58 GMT
#3524
No I don't think I would eat live octopus. I've eaten oysters. I might eat fish.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
December 20 2014 10:01 GMT
#3525
On December 20 2014 07:29 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Excluding franchises, how does a studio choose which movie pitch it wants to develop into a full film?


[image loading]

[image loading]
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
fruity.
Profile Joined April 2012
England1711 Posts
December 20 2014 12:30 GMT
#3526
On December 20 2014 08:48 Sub40APM wrote:
Is it possible that I damaged one but not all of my cares on my laptop somehow, which causes random but massive slowdowns when the computer tries to distribute workload to the damaged core?


Best off asking this here. Though you have to be careful in there, it's a place of full of deviants where they talk about evil stuff like pch voltage, multipliers and load line calibrations and lord only knows what other evil. Bunch of miscreant weirdos!
Ex Zerg learning Terran. A bold move.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
December 20 2014 14:04 GMT
#3527
On December 20 2014 17:21 Shiragaku wrote:
Would you eat live seafood to get the freshest quality of fish? (NSFW)
Oyster
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8abU403gqY

Shrimp
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Octopus
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhJ-R12wDXo

Fish
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e47gK6dKcM

+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzj9v4ruXzM

I've had live octopus, squid, and oyster before prepared by my father. They were ok, nothing too great.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18451 Posts
December 20 2014 17:49 GMT
#3528
On December 20 2014 17:21 Shiragaku wrote:
Would you eat live seafood to get the freshest quality of fish? (NSFW)
Oyster
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8abU403gqY

Shrimp
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Octopus
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhJ-R12wDXo

Fish
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e47gK6dKcM

+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzj9v4ruXzM

Oyster obviously, only way to eat it. Except that I don't like oysters, so fuck that.

Shrimp: why eat them raw? Sounds like a waste of an absolutely delicious creature. And yes, I've had shrimp sushi, and don't see any reason to eat them raw.

Octopus: I guess, although I am not sure it's worth it. Similar story as shrimps, really.

Fish, I don't see much difference between killing at the table as opposed to at a boat somewhere out in the ocean: you don't eat the fish while alive (at least, not those fish, I guess you might eat goldfish and similarly small fish while they squiggle, but doubt it tastes good unless you're a cat), except for the freshness.

So, unless you're asking: "would you allow them to kill the animal in front of you to get fresher food", the answer to all of the above is no. If you're actually asking the question above, then: sure, as long as they aren't maltreated before that stage (like lobsters often are, and that's one reason not to eat lobster in restaurants, despite it being absolutely delicious).
Dark_Chill
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada3353 Posts
December 20 2014 22:11 GMT
#3529
On December 21 2014 02:49 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 20 2014 17:21 Shiragaku wrote:
Would you eat live seafood to get the freshest quality of fish? (NSFW)
Oyster
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8abU403gqY

Shrimp
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Octopus
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhJ-R12wDXo

Fish
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e47gK6dKcM

+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzj9v4ruXzM

Oyster obviously, only way to eat it. Except that I don't like oysters, so fuck that.

Shrimp: why eat them raw? Sounds like a waste of an absolutely delicious creature. And yes, I've had shrimp sushi, and don't see any reason to eat them raw.

Octopus: I guess, although I am not sure it's worth it. Similar story as shrimps, really.

Fish, I don't see much difference between killing at the table as opposed to at a boat somewhere out in the ocean: you don't eat the fish while alive (at least, not those fish, I guess you might eat goldfish and similarly small fish while they squiggle, but doubt it tastes good unless you're a cat), except for the freshness.

So, unless you're asking: "would you allow them to kill the animal in front of you to get fresher food", the answer to all of the above is no. If you're actually asking the question above, then: sure, as long as they aren't maltreated before that stage (like lobsters often are, and that's one reason not to eat lobster in restaurants, despite it being absolutely delicious).

It's sometimes actually preferred to have them kill it right there, as it keeps the animal/fish from decaying (some food, unless preserved immediately, can lose their flavor very quickly).
CUTE MAKES RIGHT
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
December 22 2014 12:49 GMT
#3530
On December 20 2014 23:04 farvacola wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 20 2014 17:21 Shiragaku wrote:
Would you eat live seafood to get the freshest quality of fish? (NSFW)
Oyster
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8abU403gqY

Shrimp
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Octopus
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhJ-R12wDXo

Fish
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e47gK6dKcM

+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzj9v4ruXzM

I've had live octopus, squid, and oyster before prepared by my father. They were ok, nothing too great.

It is the chewy bit that is off putting, not so much the flavor imo.
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
December 22 2014 15:30 GMT
#3531
On December 20 2014 07:29 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Excluding franchises, how does a studio choose which movie pitch it wants to develop into a full film?


They don't.

Pitches are saved in a massive file storage system (Probably digital now, but I don't want to presume) and, over time, producers choose and pick from these pre-selected films moreso than "pitched" films.

Film rights are taken early and "saved up" until a franchise/genre gets popular and then they pour out with "copies" that, for the most part, were pitched to them MUCH MUCH earlier than whatever popular movie is out currently.

So lets say Twilight gets big, the producers then go to their storage files and grab every tween flick vampire movie they already have on file and begin filming.

Game changing blockbusters are ones that don't have a large pre-saved scripts--like when the Marvel Movies started getting big, a fresh fight for film right starts immediately because its hard to have a large save file of "pre-pitched scripts" for something that random writers don't have rights to.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
Shiragaku
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Hong Kong4308 Posts
December 28 2014 03:00 GMT
#3532
+ Show Spoiler +
Can I safely eat the beef sold at supermarkets raw or should I look elsewhere?
wptlzkwjd
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada1240 Posts
December 28 2014 03:29 GMT
#3533
On December 28 2014 12:00 Shiragaku wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Can I safely eat the beef sold at supermarkets raw or should I look elsewhere?


I would choose the largest chain of supermarket you can find. Litigation might yield better results that way.
Feel free to add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/MagnusAskeland/
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18451 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-28 18:02:23
December 28 2014 17:47 GMT
#3534
On December 28 2014 12:00 Shiragaku wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Can I safely eat the beef sold at supermarkets raw or should I look elsewhere?

In general principle: yes. Get a fresh, good quality cut (don't eat minced meat or any other meat of dubious origin without cooking it). But a good piece of steak should be fine. Hell, the best way of eating many cuts is rare, which is basically raw inside.

Edit: this was written with no specific knowledge about US supermarkets.
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
December 29 2014 05:03 GMT
#3535
On December 28 2014 12:00 Shiragaku wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Can I safely eat the beef sold at supermarkets raw or should I look elsewhere?


Technically, any non-ground meats that are for the most part whole (the lest minced the better) should be okay to eat raw since they're usually served "raw" or "rare" and should be cooked as close to rare/raw as possible to maintain juiciness. When they aren't, mass recalls get called in immediately. So it depends on if you think you're the (1 to 10)/300,000,000 people in the US that got the unlucky batch.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-30 05:32:52
December 30 2014 05:23 GMT
#3536
I may have asked this question before, I know I asked somewhere but I never got an answer that I liked. How do I sharpen a knife? I looked on youtube and there are 750 different methods and people disagree on what works. There's honing and sharpening that are apparently two different things. I'm asking because I bought a $10 sharpening tool that apparently is horrible, and it fucked up my blade (on a cheap knife, so it's not a problem). Now for Christmas I got a nice little knife and I'd like to know that I'll be able to keep it in shape.

What the fuck do I buy? A double sided whetstone? If yes then would a 400/1000 stone be OK or is 1000 too coarse to do a decent job?
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Shiragaku
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Hong Kong4308 Posts
December 30 2014 07:35 GMT
#3537
Thanks for the meat advice guys.
On December 30 2014 14:23 Djzapz wrote:
I may have asked this question before, I know I asked somewhere but I never got an answer that I liked. How do I sharpen a knife? I looked on youtube and there are 750 different methods and people disagree on what works. There's honing and sharpening that are apparently two different things. I'm asking because I bought a $10 sharpening tool that apparently is horrible, and it fucked up my blade (on a cheap knife, so it's not a problem). Now for Christmas I got a nice little knife and I'd like to know that I'll be able to keep it in shape.

What the fuck do I buy? A double sided whetstone? If yes then would a 400/1000 stone be OK or is 1000 too coarse to do a decent job?

The one I use to sharpen my knives is the 1000 and it serves me very well. Just make sure you sharpen it correctly, there is more to it than most people realize
Deleuze
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United Kingdom2102 Posts
December 30 2014 12:33 GMT
#3538
On December 30 2014 14:23 Djzapz wrote:
I may have asked this question before, I know I asked somewhere but I never got an answer that I liked. How do I sharpen a knife? I looked on youtube and there are 750 different methods and people disagree on what works. There's honing and sharpening that are apparently two different things. I'm asking because I bought a $10 sharpening tool that apparently is horrible, and it fucked up my blade (on a cheap knife, so it's not a problem). Now for Christmas I got a nice little knife and I'd like to know that I'll be able to keep it in shape.

What the fuck do I buy? A double sided whetstone? If yes then would a 400/1000 stone be OK or is 1000 too coarse to do a decent job?


Here is what I use, the key advice is to sharpen as if you are intending on slicing a piece of the stone:

[image loading]
“An image of thought called philosophy has been formed historically and it effectively stops people from thinking.” ― Gilles Deleuze, Dialogues II
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
December 30 2014 15:28 GMT
#3539
Cool, thanks guys, I guess stone it is. Maybe I'll be able to repair my messed up knife too ^_^
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Trainrunnef
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States601 Posts
December 30 2014 16:10 GMT
#3540
On December 31 2014 00:28 Djzapz wrote:
Cool, thanks guys, I guess stone it is. Maybe I'll be able to repair my messed up knife too ^_^



http://www.edgeproinc.com/Apex-Model-Edge-Pro-System-c3/

Got this a few years ago to sharpen my knife set. Its a great tool, its on the expensive side so if you're looking to use it for just one knife its probably not worth it. Financed the set by sharpening knives at $10 a pop for all my coworkers.
I am, therefore I pee
Prev 1 175 176 177 178 179 783 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
RotterdaM533
TaKeTV 205
IndyStarCraft 105
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1963
RotterdaM 533
ByuN 231
MaxPax 111
IndyStarCraft 105
BRAT_OK 83
UpATreeSC 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3733
Shuttle 881
Stork 372
Mini 324
Rush 298
EffOrt 294
Horang2 244
actioN 240
Mind 155
Mong 110
[ Show more ]
910 82
Yoon 75
Dewaltoss 73
hero 64
Zeus 63
Snow 54
Barracks 49
Shinee 46
Sea.KH 38
JYJ 37
sorry 29
Bale 26
ToSsGirL 23
HiyA 23
Killer 19
Terrorterran 16
Sexy 15
zelot 10
Sacsri 9
scan(afreeca) 9
Dota 2
Gorgc5858
qojqva2637
Counter-Strike
fl0m4623
Fnx 690
Other Games
singsing2329
Beastyqt671
ceh9489
Hui .220
XaKoH 154
Trikslyr82
QueenE55
Chillindude24
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV181
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 33
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur268
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
6h 14m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 14m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
18h 14m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 23h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.