• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:24
CEST 10:24
KST 17:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9110 users

Fear of Banning

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 24 25 26 Next All
caradoc
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada3022 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 16:13:11
April 01 2011 16:02 GMT
#1
Hey TL-community,

Does anyone else out there click, upon entering TL, the login button with a slight trepidation? Wondering, perhaps, if you've gotten a PM from a mod at some point for some post you've made? Wondering if you've been warned or banned for some comment or off-the cuff remark?

First some qualifiers...

First of all, I don't consider myself to be a trash poster. I think twice, usually thrice before posting. I use the search engine. I cringe when I read one-line posts, or trashy memes on TL, I don't spam crappy youtube links, and if I have a youtube link, it goes in the correct thread. I don't whine about balance in live report threads, I haven't gotten warned or banned before...

Secondly, I think the mods here do an absolutely fantastic job. Despite team liquid growing exponentially in the past year, and there being something like five billion active users on the site, the thread quality is great, and the nastier elements of the internets are kept in check-- if not barred at the city gates outright, at least lurking in the shadows and gutters, fearful of the daylight, and those who tread out to the main streets to spread dissent are accosted and executed or temporarily banished to the desert outside by the guards...

However, and I think here is the crux of the issue, I love reading the closed threads, and the automated ban list is an endless source of humour, and I think this is where the trepidation comes from, the question of whether the inquisition could turn on you for something that you hadn't thought of at the time.

Its like watching COPS. You get the morbid fascination of watching the mailed fist of the law break down the door, while the person-of-interest runs out the back, while simultaneously musing about how you're not too dissimilar from the guy on camera?

Anyone else?
Salvation a la mode and a cup of tea...
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
April 01 2011 16:04 GMT
#2
I haven't even gotten a warning in 7 years, it's not that hard to not get in trouble, so no, I have no fear at all
Nebula
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
England780 Posts
April 01 2011 16:05 GMT
#3
Same as KOFgokuon, 7 years and not a single warning. As long as you aren't a terrible poster, don't see how you can be worried at all.
<3
ILOVEKITTENS
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Korea (South)112 Posts
April 01 2011 16:06 GMT
#4
All the time. I walk the line and sometimes I fall off on the side with no safety net.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
April 01 2011 16:06 GMT
#5
Be civilized,
Don't say what you wouldn't to be told.
Be relevant and say something worthy of typing out.

That's it.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Stropheum
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1124 Posts
April 01 2011 16:06 GMT
#6
I've been banned before. I don't really troll, but I've posted slightly distastful comments or basically comments that could have simply been worded more kindly.

After 2 temp bans and a perma ban that I managed to have removed, I've been a lot more cautious about my posts, and honestly, if you're not deliberately being an ass, you shouldn't get banned. Just make sure your posts have substance and it's not balance whine.
caradoc
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada3022 Posts
April 01 2011 16:06 GMT
#7
7 years is amazing, I didn't even know this community existed that long ago.

Salvation a la mode and a cup of tea...
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
April 01 2011 16:06 GMT
#8
Same haven't gotten a warning or a ban since I joined in 03' but there were a few times when I posted that I thought I could possibly get a warning/temp ban for.
Never Knows Best.
sinani206
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1959 Posts
April 01 2011 16:07 GMT
#9
On April 02 2011 01:04 KOFgokuon wrote:
I haven't even gotten a warning in 7 years, it's not that hard to not get in trouble, so no, I have no fear at all

Watch the mods ban you for that post rofl.

But to OP:
Yeah, I kinda am sometimes scared to click the post button especially if I saw a lot of bans earlier in the thread.
I've gotten a few warnings, which did teach me to pay more attention to what I posted.
No bans yet, though!
literally everything is wifom just shut the fuck up
meep
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1699 Posts
April 01 2011 16:07 GMT
#10
As long as there's at least some thoughts in a post, there really isn't anything to worry about.
閑静 しずか (ノ・_・)ノ
Jakkerr
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands2549 Posts
April 01 2011 16:07 GMT
#11
I started out pretty bad actually getting a warning and 2 bans in like 30 posts :$.
But now i'm just posting proper stuff and don't start posting after some lame games in big tourneys
Innovation
Profile Joined February 2010
United States284 Posts
April 01 2011 16:08 GMT
#12
If you feel like you have this problem I'd look introspectively at yourself and look at ways you can improve your posts. We all know what the rules are and I don't think they are that difficult to follow.
About ChoyafOu "if he wants games decided by random chance he could just play the way he always does" Idra
caradoc
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada3022 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 16:10:52
April 01 2011 16:08 GMT
#13
On April 02 2011 01:06 Slaughter wrote:
Same haven't gotten a warning or a ban since I joined in 03' but there were a few times when I posted that I thought I could possibly get a warning/temp ban for.



See, thats the line I'm talking about. thats EXACTLY the line I mean.

Its not the general philosophy, or general trend of being a good poster overall, its the stuff that you feel is valid, but potentially construable as 'borderline' to someone with a different worldview.

If that person happens to be a mod, then the weight of the institution comes down.

Thats exactly what I'm talking about, those borderline interesting cases that create the tension.

@Innovation
If you feel like you have this problem I'd look introspectively at yourself and look at ways you can improve your posts. We all know what the rules are and I don't think they are that difficult to follow.


True, but it misses the mark, this doesnt come from a guilty conscious.
Salvation a la mode and a cup of tea...
ToT)OjKa(
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Korea (South)2437 Posts
April 01 2011 16:10 GMT
#14
I've only got warnings for jokes things

and I got temp banned once which (actually twice but one for jokes) I don't think was justified
It's not hard to not be a complete asshole
OjKa OjKa OjKa!
Almin
Profile Joined August 2010
United States583 Posts
April 01 2011 16:12 GMT
#15
Don't want to get banned? Don't be an asshole.

Coming from a guy that got banned 3-4 times with a 2 week duration each time.

I haven't been banned in a few months now :D

But yeah, it's not like I'm trolling, it's like the distasteful posts that they ban for.
bonifaceviii
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2890 Posts
April 01 2011 16:12 GMT
#16
I've been temp banned for snarkiness, so to protect myself I only post as rudely as everyone else does in a thread so I'm not an outlier.
Stay a while and listen || http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=354018
WArped
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom4845 Posts
April 01 2011 16:15 GMT
#17
I purposely search for posts made by specific people out of slight fascination, at how can someone post such a ridiculous thing a not expect to get banned. Seriously though, Team Liquid is patrolled like the gates of Alcatraz, in a good way. Every post is read and every thread is checked for potential trolls and other such idiocy. The thing is, I think the whole community picks up on things before the mods get to them and they are swarmed on like pack of hyenas to a stray antelope, in order to keep things clean.
Deleted User 101379
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
4849 Posts
April 01 2011 16:16 GMT
#18
If you fear you might get a ban for a post, don't post it.

I got banned for 2 days once (rightfully so, you should never post when in a bad mood) and i'm usually not scared when i post. The TL Mods are strict but fair.
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
April 01 2011 16:16 GMT
#19
loved mods I love reading the ban list while at work
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
April 01 2011 16:17 GMT
#20
Used to be you just got banned outright, there was no warning/temp ban stuff
1 2 3 4 5 24 25 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1155
BeSt 324
Soma 239
Soulkey 233
sorry 156
Larva 101
Mind 67
Bale 24
ZerO 23
soO 23
[ Show more ]
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
scan(afreeca) 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm202
League of Legends
JimRising 579
Counter-Strike
edward123
Other Games
summit1g8948
singsing943
Coldzera 691
WinterStarcraft672
Sick197
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick712
BasetradeTV218
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 14
• LUISG 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2230
League of Legends
• Jankos1411
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
1h 36m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
3h 36m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 36m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 36m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.