• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:47
CEST 15:47
KST 22:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War485.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7922 users

Fear of Banning - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 24 25 26 Next All
Cain0
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom608 Posts
April 01 2011 16:37 GMT
#41
When I first signed up, I got temp banned and warned all the time because the forum I used previous to this was basically a troll fest. But now im a good boy and I havnt been warned in 2 months. :D
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
April 01 2011 16:37 GMT
#42
Every time I get a PM, I think it's a warning. It scares me.
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
caradoc
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada3022 Posts
April 01 2011 16:37 GMT
#43
On April 02 2011 01:34 XiaoJoyce- wrote:
I've been banned once without any warning for Blantant Sexism.


with capital letters. thats pretty Serious.
Salvation a la mode and a cup of tea...
caradoc
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada3022 Posts
April 01 2011 16:39 GMT
#44
speaking of trolling, Jibba just sent me a PM with the subject: Notification.

I laughed. he had me for a second.

should've known it was too good of an opportunity for a mod to pass up.
Salvation a la mode and a cup of tea...
All.In
Profile Joined August 2010
United States214 Posts
April 01 2011 16:40 GMT
#45
I saw Idra's ban list he has like 10 temp bans and a couple perm bans lol. I never been banned so far on this name or the one I used for brood war 5 years ago.
It is what it is
Tracedragon
Profile Joined December 2010
United States948 Posts
April 01 2011 16:40 GMT
#46
As long as you don't go out of your way to BM people, you shouldn't have to fear the banhammer. (:
Do the impossible, see the invisible. Row, row, fight the power!
Silvanel
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Poland4769 Posts
April 01 2011 16:40 GMT
#47
Every time i post on TL i feel like i am living on the edge Fortunetly i have avoided being banned for all these years, gotta be carefull.
Pathetic Greta hater.
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
April 01 2011 16:43 GMT
#48
I decided not to post certain times because of it. It usually lets me calm down and decide that what I wanted to post wasn't worth it later on. It's a good thing when you're pissed off and it gives you time to calm down.
sleepingdog
Profile Joined August 2008
Austria6145 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 16:43:48
April 01 2011 16:43 GMT
#49
Lol awsome thread. Once I got temp banned by the master himself - Nazgul. I'm very proud that my post was bad enough to rise even his attention
"You see....YOU SEE..." © 2010 Sen
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42417 Posts
April 01 2011 16:43 GMT
#50
On April 02 2011 01:37 Ferrose wrote:
Every time I get a PM, I think it's a warning. It scares me.


True. :<
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
EZjijy
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1039 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 16:46:46
April 01 2011 16:46 GMT
#51
If I ever have to question the value of my post, I end up not posting it. Usually.
hypercube
Profile Joined April 2010
Hungary2735 Posts
April 01 2011 16:47 GMT
#52
I post this hoping my ban request got through and I won't be able to send it lol.

Other than that, no. The easiest way to get banned is to just post lazy useless stuff that's already annoying people around here. I mostly mean memes and balance whine.

I've posted some slightly aggressive stuff in General, basically telling people that not only were they wrong, they were so wrong they probably shouldn't post at all on the issue. Somehow I always got away with it
Worst I got was a warning for going off topic and "responding to a troll".
Can't say it was unexpected or undeserved

Common sense goes a long way. As long as you respect the goals of the site and those who contribute to it you'll be fine.
"Sending people in rockets to other planets is a waste of money better spent on sending rockets into people on this planet."
FliedLice
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany7494 Posts
April 01 2011 16:48 GMT
#53
Got 2 or 3 temp bans since I registered about a year ago

But I think I'm doing better now.
My heart still stops for a second every time I have a new PM
Kevmeister @ Dota2
Sprungjeezy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1313 Posts
April 01 2011 16:48 GMT
#54
I don't think the mods are looking for reasons to ban and are pretty forgiving with warnings, so not too worried.
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 16:50:45
April 01 2011 16:48 GMT
#55
No, I can't say that I have a fear of banning. But then I lurked a year or two, mostly because I had nothing to say but it did allow me to see the culture of TL. That, and ever since making my foray on to the internets, I've always tried to be a thoughtful, reasonable, poster. And I really didn't nor do I see how I could get banned or even warned for that. It's one of the reasons TL was attractive to me after coming out of a few hell-hole forums in the dark recesses of the internet: TL consistently and fearlessly bans dumb people making dumb posts.

The only thing I'm perhaps concerned about is making a thread and getting it locked- but I think that's the entire point. I have a few ideas rumbling around, but if I'm still concerned about it getting locked, then the quality isn't there yet. Better to think about the theoretical thread longer than to fire out a garbage thread that'll generate no discussion and clog up the forum/ get locked.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
Spettro
Profile Joined March 2011
United States4 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 16:52:07
April 01 2011 16:49 GMT
#56
The mods here don't scare me and that results in a new ban for me every few months. I'm a man of principle and I truly believe that stupid posters should be told that they are stupid posters. Or banned. But I'm not a mod.

Apparently wanting threads to have intelligent discourse is too much to ask.

Anytime I get a PM, I know immediately what it's about. No need to check anyway, it's just a warn or a temp ban. You get redirected straight to Disneyland's website when you get perma banned.

As far as the forum moderators, I'm not terribly impressed. They often seem childish and emotional when "moderating" (or censoring, depending on your pov).
Incoming fire has the right of way.
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 16:51:39
April 01 2011 16:50 GMT
#57
I got a temp ban for the following post:
On September 07 2010 05:45 Phyre wrote:
Source
Brian R. Wood, lead designer of Company of Heroes Online was killed in Seattle, Washington on Friday night in a car accident. He and his wife Erin were driving when they were hit head-on by 21 year-old Jordyn B. Weichert. Wood was 33 years old. His wife has been hospitalized but is in good condition. She is six months pregnant. Wood died at the scene.

Jordyn B. Weichert, who was driving a Chevy Blazer at the time, is believed to have been driving under the influence of drugs. According to reports the crash was triggered when Weichert removed her sweater or jacket driving while on a 2-way lane. While she was removing it the front-seat passenger, Samantha R. Bowling held the steering wheel. During this Bowling lost control of the vehicle and swerved into the other lane, hitting Wood's car. Three other passengers in the Blazer were killed during the accident. Washington State Patrol...

On September 07 2010 06:34 qrs wrote:
IOW, this girl got the Wood, but she was Bowling in the wrong lane.
which I still think was uncalled for...
but yeah, it's not really so hard to avoid getting banned or having your thread closed. It's true that mods are a lot harder on new posters, though, so you have to tread a bit more carefully for your first hundred posts or so.
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
April 01 2011 16:50 GMT
#58
Never scared, I say what I feel and that has gotten me banned a couple of times but I usually expect it.
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
Crais
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada2136 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 16:53:12
April 01 2011 16:51 GMT
#59
I'm not worried about that. If your not a dick when you are posting then you have nothing to fear.
RIP MBC Game Hero
PolSC2
Profile Joined December 2010
United States634 Posts
April 01 2011 16:52 GMT
#60
On April 02 2011 01:49 Spettro wrote:
The mods here don't scare me and that results in a new ban for me every few months. I'm a man of principle and I truly believe that stupid posters should be told that they are stupid posters. Or banned. But I'm not a mod.

Apparently wanting threads to have intelligent discourse is too much to ask.



Do you happen to be banned right now? Just noticed you only have three posts.
We learn nothing from history except that we learn nothing from history.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 24 25 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 317
TKL 237
CranKy Ducklings138
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1197
Lowko529
TKL 237
ProTech117
Rex 117
MindelVK 20
EmSc Tv 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 59741
Free 2284
Horang2 309
firebathero 242
Zeus 173
Last 101
Hyun 87
Pusan 80
ToSsGirL 80
910 53
[ Show more ]
Trap 37
soO 28
Aegong 21
Rock 20
Yoon 16
Noble 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 11
Icarus 10
Dota 2
Gorgc6834
Dendi935
XaKoH 422
canceldota67
Counter-Strike
fl0m773
Other Games
gofns41061
singsing2294
B2W.Neo480
byalli391
Mlord302
Pyrionflax286
Beastyqt234
ToD185
DeMusliM93
Liquid`VortiX91
QueenE70
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV211
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 0
EmSc2Tv 0
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 25
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2861
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1605
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
3h 13m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 13m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 13m
Patches Events
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
OSC
1d 9h
OSC
1d 22h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.