• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:47
CEST 15:47
KST 22:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War485.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7900 users

Fear of Banning - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 24 25 26 Next All
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
April 01 2011 16:52 GMT
#61
On this account I've only been warned 2 or 3 times. Once for posting "First", once for martyring and i forget the reason for my oldest ban. Oh well, at least this account is still ban free.

About my other accounts in the past...
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
Spettro
Profile Joined March 2011
United States4 Posts
April 01 2011 16:54 GMT
#62
On April 02 2011 01:52 PolSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2011 01:49 Spettro wrote:
The mods here don't scare me and that results in a new ban for me every few months. I'm a man of principle and I truly believe that stupid posters should be told that they are stupid posters. Or banned. But I'm not a mod.

Apparently wanting threads to have intelligent discourse is too much to ask.



Do you happen to be banned right now? Just noticed you only have three posts.


Of course. I only signed back up because of the lineage 2 thread. Otherwise, it's been made clear that the mods don't care about about the forums' intellectual value so I wasn't planning to ever post here again.

The funny picture thread is what keeps me checking in though

User was banned for this post.
Incoming fire has the right of way.
MasterReY
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Germany2708 Posts
April 01 2011 16:54 GMT
#63
Seriously just stay mannered and normal and its all fine.
If you have fear getting banned you probably already are a bad poster and shouldnt be here anyways.
I mean its not like TL.net mods are just banning randomly without a solid reason.

Behave like a normal person would behave in real life and yournot getting banned, its not hard.
https://www.twitch.tv/MasterReY/ ~ Biggest Reach fan on TL.net (Don't even dare to mention LR now) ~ R.I.P Violet ~ Developer of SCRChart
TL+ Member
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19260 Posts
April 01 2011 16:55 GMT
#64
Of course I'm scared. I'm a jerk and a massive troll.


But normal people should be fine.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
April 01 2011 16:56 GMT
#65
On April 02 2011 01:49 Spettro wrote:
The mods here don't scare me and that results in a new ban for me every few months. I'm a man of principle and I truly believe that stupid posters should be told that they are stupid posters. Or banned. But I'm not a mod.

Apparently wanting threads to have intelligent discourse is too much to ask.

Anytime I get a PM, I know immediately what it's about. No need to check anyway, it's just a warn or a temp ban. You get redirected straight to Disneyland's website when you get perma banned.

As far as the forum moderators, I'm not terribly impressed. They often seem childish and emotional when "moderating" (or censoring, depending on your pov).


Your edit just made your post a hundred times worse by complaining about the mods. You may be a man of principle, but there's being principled and there's being a principled jerk. Which may not be your case, but there's certainly an attitude I'm picking up from this one post...
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
Ceril
Profile Joined April 2003
Sweden1343 Posts
April 01 2011 16:58 GMT
#66
I try to think my posts through. I'am not a coherent speaker or poster by any stretch of the imagination, easily losing my point. But I do try an extra notch on tl. Mainly to not look as a buffon because theres so much good posts and to say anything and not thinking it through would mean its a waste of typing ^^
I wonder how long I've been here, 2002/2003? did this exist back then? I think its been very very long O_o
Just because you can now store where everyone was and is, what they like, what they fear who they talk to and who they love. It does not mean we should so spy upon our fellow man in a dystopia far worse then 1984
tbrown47
Profile Joined August 2009
United States1235 Posts
April 01 2011 16:58 GMT
#67
well ive been posting for a little while now, i dont post that often though... and ive only gotten one temp ban, although i dont think i really deserved it.

in relation to what was happening to the thread, the comment i made that garnered a temp ban was a bit over the top. i have had no warnings on my account, i made a stupid comment that insulted someone well-known in the community so i got a temp ban. i thought it was pretty ridiculous that i immediately got temp banned instead of getting a warning, considering i have no warnings on my account at all but eh, whatevs

as long as you try and post something constructive, nothing will happen... although i do think the admins are pretty overzealous quite often... but id rather have over the top admins than no admins at all, i guess.
just here
Sqalevon
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands523 Posts
April 01 2011 16:59 GMT
#68
I made a meme post once and got a warning, I reread the 10 commandments again it will never happen again ><
I felt so ashamed.

Also had a thread closed once, but in retrospect, that was for the best.
I have the utmost respect for the mods here and appreciate the atmosphere they are trying to preserve on this forum.
teekesselchen
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany886 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 17:00:24
April 01 2011 16:59 GMT
#69
I realised that political discussions and opinions are not wished for in political thread here. It will get you banned, even without getting personal or insulting in any way. Ever since I indeed wonder "what are they going to ban me next for?", even though I'm usually a very considerate person on forums up to often beeing suggested as a mod on boards I'm very active in. I practically never got banned anywhere outside TL (exept for a single readmore 3 day ban for a balance complaint in SC2 beta in match comments).
When they were introduced, he made a witticism, hoping to be liked. She laughed extremely hard, hoping to be liked. Then each drove home alone, staring straight ahead, with the very same twist to their faces.
BroOd
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Austin10833 Posts
April 01 2011 17:00 GMT
#70
On April 02 2011 01:49 Spettro wrote:
The mods here don't scare me and that results in a new ban for me every few months. I'm a man of principle and I truly believe that stupid posters should be told that they are stupid posters. Or banned. But I'm not a mod.

Apparently wanting threads to have intelligent discourse is too much to ask.

Anytime I get a PM, I know immediately what it's about. No need to check anyway, it's just a warn or a temp ban. You get redirected straight to Disneyland's website when you get perma banned.

As far as the forum moderators, I'm not terribly impressed. They often seem childish and emotional when "moderating" (or censoring, depending on your pov).

What's your old ID? I'd like to investigate some of these unjust bans.
ModeratorSIRL and JLIG.
Malarkey817
Profile Joined June 2010
United States163 Posts
April 01 2011 17:04 GMT
#71
I read this thread as "Fear of Baneling"

You really shouldn't be worried about getting banned so much that it keeps you from participating in the forum. From what I gather, the mods here are very understanding and don't unleash the ban hammer unless you post something that's clearly offensive or you're an obvious troll.
"Mnet's Nicole The Entertainer's Introduction to Veterinary Science changed my life." -TuElite
Mawi
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden4365 Posts
April 01 2011 17:05 GMT
#72
i on my last ban and then i will get permad :>
altho some of my bans they just wanted to ban me because im so awesome.
<3 love to read the banlist
Forever Mirin Zyzz Son of Zeus Brother of Hercules Father of the Aesthetics
Lann555
Profile Joined February 2010
Netherlands5173 Posts
April 01 2011 17:05 GMT
#73
On April 02 2011 01:37 Ferrose wrote:
Every time I get a PM, I think it's a warning. It scares me.


Yeah same here. I have a total of one ban and one warning (both were completely justified) and I've tried to clean up my act a little since then. I post alot when stuck at work though and it's easy to let work-related irritation get the better off you resulting in shitty posts. So far the mods have been merciful though
Fantasy Fan! Gogogo vultures
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 17:09:40
April 01 2011 17:07 GMT
#74
Ive been banned once for being stupid (not reading thread properly + hangover = mani ban) and then one for a meme iirc

Im unsure i deserved the one for not reading thread (but mani was on a purge so I gues it cant be helped, and I havent been banned / warned for a half year soon so its going good =D ).

I been banned for something else, cant remember what though
In the woods, there lurks..
phil.ipp
Profile Joined May 2010
Austria1067 Posts
April 01 2011 17:07 GMT
#75
oh my fucking god, stop beeing such a pussy
gulati
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States2241 Posts
April 01 2011 17:08 GMT
#76
if you are scared to post a comment thinking its borderline, you are probably wrong, and shouldn't post it. just be a normal sc fan without elitism, and without a big mouth, and you'll be fine.

4 years and i'm fine
C r u m b l i n g
tbrown47
Profile Joined August 2009
United States1235 Posts
April 01 2011 17:09 GMT
#77
On April 02 2011 02:07 phil.ipp wrote:
oh my fucking god, stop beeing such a pussy


lol....

well this just got more interesting
just here
VorcePA
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States1102 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 17:11:18
April 01 2011 17:09 GMT
#78
I've been banned once since joining in 2008, and it was because I was posting in a bad mood. I don't really fear being banned because 999 out of 1,000, I haven't been banned. I think those are good enough odds to not sweat it.

However, I also lurked without an account for about 6 months and read the 10 commandments a couple of times before signing up. EZPZ.

And for the tiny 2 day ban that I got, I could not believe how much I need to be able to post. I still visited during the ban and came across 5 threads where I could have contributed positively and I couldn't and I started to have withdrawals (the bees are on my skiiiiiiiiiiiiin D= )
Shitposting
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
April 01 2011 17:09 GMT
#79
I'll probably get banned for saying this, but martyring is pretty much an auto-ban on TL that a lot of people are victim of.

User was temp banned for this post.
PolSC2
Profile Joined December 2010
United States634 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 17:12:32
April 01 2011 17:11 GMT
#80
On April 02 2011 02:09 Chairman Ray wrote:
I'll probably get banned for saying this, but martyring is pretty much an auto-ban on TL that a lot of people are victim of.


LOL

Gosh people! <3
We learn nothing from history except that we learn nothing from history.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 24 25 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 317
TKL 237
CranKy Ducklings138
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1197
Lowko529
TKL 237
ProTech117
Rex 117
MindelVK 20
EmSc Tv 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 59741
Free 2284
Horang2 309
firebathero 242
Zeus 173
Last 101
Hyun 87
Pusan 80
ToSsGirL 80
910 53
[ Show more ]
Trap 37
soO 28
Aegong 21
Rock 20
Yoon 16
Noble 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 11
Icarus 10
Dota 2
Gorgc6834
Dendi935
XaKoH 422
canceldota67
Counter-Strike
fl0m773
Other Games
gofns41061
singsing2294
B2W.Neo480
byalli391
Mlord302
Pyrionflax286
Beastyqt234
ToD185
DeMusliM93
Liquid`VortiX91
QueenE70
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV211
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 0
EmSc2Tv 0
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 25
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2861
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1605
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
3h 13m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 13m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 13m
Patches Events
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
OSC
1d 9h
OSC
1d 22h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.