• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:47
CEST 15:47
KST 22:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War485.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7900 users

Fear of Banning - Page 5

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 24 25 26 Next All
Max2Air
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany92 Posts
April 01 2011 17:11 GMT
#81
For me it feels a little bit like seeing a police car passing by. I don´t recall ever even braking the Law once but I still get a little shiver every time. I gladly accept that "fear" in trade for the last clean Island in the internets. Thank you all you moderators =)
If you are reading this you are awesome.
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
April 01 2011 17:12 GMT
#82
On April 02 2011 02:09 Chairman Ray wrote:
I'll probably get banned for saying this, but martyring is pretty much an auto-ban on TL that a lot of people are victim of.


Why would you get banned for saying that? It's in the TL handbook, and also... Starting a post with "I'll probably get banned for this" will get you banned every time, no matter what.
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 17:14:58
April 01 2011 17:13 GMT
#83
@ChairmanRay- I respect that you are willing to demonstrate by example I hope it was worth it...
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
caradoc
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada3022 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 17:20:30
April 01 2011 17:14 GMT
#84
@phil.ipp, @Chairman Ray

I hope this thread doesn't turn into a flypaper for trolls, but that's not the line I'm talking about.

@Falling.

hahaha, and so far the thread has been red-free....

Salvation a la mode and a cup of tea...
Slix36
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom145 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 17:18:21
April 01 2011 17:17 GMT
#85
I used to think it was a little too authoritarian to essentially ban people for speaking their minds, and in a way i still do. But for the most part i see it as "you're free to say whatever you want, but we're also free to ban you from our forum and nuke your posts if we don't like them", not really a bad way to look at it considering it is privately owned.

There are times where i think the admins are just a little too strict though, usually when it comes to balance discussion in some threads. Sure, if it comes across as "OH BS MAN FORCEFIELDS ARE STUPID" then ofc swing away with that banhammer. But if it was a decent well reasoned and thought out statement with no idiocy then i think at the most it should be spoilered so that people who don't want to read stuff like that dont have to.
Never too late to stand your ground.
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17850 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 17:25:20
April 01 2011 17:17 GMT
#86
On April 02 2011 01:04 KOFgokuon wrote:
I haven't even gotten a warning in 7 years, it's not that hard to not get in trouble, so no, I have no fear at all


I managed without a warning for about 5 years or so. Then BAM! SC2 frustration hits TL.net (and me) and I start to get warnings and temp bans left and right (I'm exaggerating a bit here, but I did get my fair share of those).

Edit:

@Slix (post above this):

If you read the commandments you would know that there is no freedom of speech on TL.net and it's a good thing. Just as in real life there must be some compromise, either you have no rules and attract a lot of people, of which 99.9% have nothing interesting to say about (vide: /b/) or you set your post quality demand very high (vide: Flat Earth Society forums) and have very few people to work with, even though it's all quality content. TL.net is somewhere between those two, there's enough freedom for your everyday bullshit, bad grammar etc. but not enough freedom as to warrant blatant discrimination, ignorance, rudeness, impoliteness.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
MerciLess
Profile Joined September 2010
213 Posts
April 01 2011 17:19 GMT
#87
Eh I've only been warned once, for something rather trivial. I think most of my posts are of quality, or at least not idiotic. However, for some reason, a few times I've been on TL while in a poor mood, and posted to reflect that, sure I was going to receive some sort of admonishment, however, none came. I think it's because the mods tend to look at your entire post history, rather than just the one or two you made on a bad day. I can live with that
Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
April 01 2011 17:22 GMT
#88
I'm pretty darn paranoid, I usually try to stay productive and contribute and re-edit my posts, but there's always a time when I get heated and argue. Now, I feel like it's a snowball effect, mods see the amount of warns and just continue to slap it on. Every time I get a PM it's a scary thing.
Deadlyfish
Profile Joined August 2010
Denmark1980 Posts
April 01 2011 17:26 GMT
#89
I dont really get that alot.

I've been warned once because i told someone not to whine about spoilers in a fanclub thread (i think) for one of the people playing the match, which i still think is wierd

Just post stuff that you think is decent and you wont get banned. Most people who get banned or warned know that they messed up, it doesnt come at a surprise.

There have been a few times where i wanted to call someone an idiot or whatever, but in the middle of writing it i always realize that i'll probably get banned for it.
If wishes were horses we'd be eating steak right now.
sleepingdog
Profile Joined August 2008
Austria6145 Posts
April 01 2011 17:30 GMT
#90
On April 02 2011 02:09 Chairman Ray wrote:
I'll probably get banned for saying this,


So much win in one single thread, I love it.

I've been lurking since BW here and I do think that the mods have A LOT more work since the release of sc2. So even if once in a while a ban seems unjustified, we have to keep in mind that it's not easy to handle the surge of stupid balance QQ in each and every LR-thread.
"You see....YOU SEE..." © 2010 Sen
Lennon
Profile Joined February 2010
United Kingdom2275 Posts
April 01 2011 17:33 GMT
#91
I usually tone down my opinions since they're too strong for most people. If I don't, I'll end up with a hell of a lot of warnings.
traca
Profile Joined October 2010
146 Posts
April 01 2011 17:34 GMT
#92
Rofl this thread is homo dont get me wrong i mean i almost got aids reading all those fags blowing

User was banned for this post.
thopol
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Japan4560 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 18:31:59
April 01 2011 17:35 GMT
#93
If I wake up after a night of drunk posting I sometimes worry a bit. I have certainly deserved a ban in the past, but the worst of my drunk posting has only warranted me a warning so far. I think my posting is improving a bit and I haven't seen a ban yet, so I don't worry about it at all.

I do love the ban list and thread. The skill of the mods keeps the place clean and provides entertainment as well.

EDIT: It's barely related, but if you search for 'wedgie' there is one result and it will give you a chuckle.
OverZero
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States271 Posts
April 01 2011 17:35 GMT
#94
Basically just don't act like an ass, don't say stupid shit, and use the search function... Thats your best bet. It's really not hard to stay out of trouble!
PLAGUUUUUUU <My Stream: twitch.tv/paullolol > Check it out some time!!!
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
April 01 2011 17:37 GMT
#95
Don't act out of line, and you'll be fine. You get more leniency as you gain more seniority, though this is not without bounds.

Basically, to quote Hank Hill, "don't act like an idiot".
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
craz3d
Profile Joined August 2005
Bulgaria856 Posts
April 01 2011 17:43 GMT
#96
The mods used to be more lenient, you should some of the threads from 5 years ago :D. Around the time SC2 beta came out, TL got a huge influx of new members and I guess the only way to ensure good behavior was to wield the banhammer more freely.

As for me I'm not afraid of a ban because I don't argue over stupid shit and don't troll people.
Hello World!
Boundz(DarKo)
Profile Joined March 2009
5311 Posts
April 01 2011 17:45 GMT
#97
Mods here aren't retarded.

So my answer is no, I am not afraid.
Aurdon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2007 Posts
April 01 2011 17:49 GMT
#98
Treat forum posting like having a conversation in real life. Don't be a dick. Don't be an attention whore. Don't mindlessly repeat what others have already said. People get in trouble when they take the anonymity of the internet for granted and break the basic rules of civility that people expect from each other.

If anything TL is teaching you how to act like a normal person whereas most of the internet teaches you how to be a douchebag.
Kinetik_Inferno
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1431 Posts
April 01 2011 17:51 GMT
#99
If I ever see a 1 new pm! logo, I cringe in fear that I was warned for something I don't understand, which happened before, but now I understand it. Still, there are many minor infringements that are excluded from the Tl commandments.
phil.ipp
Profile Joined May 2010
Austria1067 Posts
April 01 2011 17:51 GMT
#100
@caradoc

no offense, but with all what is going on in the world you are afraid of a warning on TL?
you should seriously check your life priorities ..
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 24 25 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 317
TKL 237
CranKy Ducklings138
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1197
Lowko529
TKL 237
ProTech117
Rex 117
MindelVK 20
EmSc Tv 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 59741
Free 2284
Horang2 309
firebathero 242
Zeus 173
Last 101
Hyun 87
Pusan 80
ToSsGirL 80
910 53
[ Show more ]
Trap 37
soO 28
Aegong 21
Rock 20
Yoon 16
Noble 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 11
Icarus 10
Dota 2
Gorgc6834
Dendi935
XaKoH 422
canceldota67
Counter-Strike
fl0m773
Other Games
gofns41061
singsing2294
B2W.Neo480
byalli391
Mlord302
Pyrionflax286
Beastyqt234
ToD185
DeMusliM93
Liquid`VortiX91
QueenE70
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV211
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 0
EmSc2Tv 0
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 25
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2861
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1605
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
3h 13m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 13m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 13m
Patches Events
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
OSC
1d 9h
OSC
1d 22h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.