• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:20
CEST 10:20
KST 17:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7562 users

Fear of Banning - Page 7

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 26 Next All
EdSlyB
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Portugal1621 Posts
April 01 2011 19:41 GMT
#121
Never been afraid because I think before posting anything. Simple and effective.

One good advice I can give you is to have in your mind the TL Ten Commandments when posting. With them you can never go wrong. ^^
aka Wardo
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 19:45:01
April 01 2011 19:44 GMT
#122
got 1 warning so far, totally worth it though. i think its pretty hard to get banned, even if you break the rules from time to time if you think something just has to be said you will be fine. its just the people who have about 10 total posts, of which 5 involve some nazi reference that tend to make up most of the banned list
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12261 Posts
April 01 2011 19:46 GMT
#123
It's so easy to get banned or warned but it's even easier to not get banned. All you have to do is a) keep the dumb 4chan memes off the forum, b) don't post image macros, c) don't flame or insult people especially if it's baseless, because arguments can always be presented in a rational manner and justified, and d) put actual effort into posts that contribute to the discussion or inform a user.

And of course, don't martyr yourself, because that's just dumb. If you think you're going to get banned for something, the one way to guarantee it is to say that in your post.
Moderator
Plaaguu
Profile Joined April 2009
United States406 Posts
April 01 2011 19:47 GMT
#124
On April 02 2011 04:41 EdSlyB wrote:
Never been afraid because I think before posting anything. Simple and effective.

One good advice I can give you is to have in your mind the TL Ten Commandments when posting. With them you can never go wrong. ^^


Pretty much this. As long as you follow the rules you shouldn't have anything to be worried about haha... I hope. Don't really post much, but when I do it's usually okay.
Mykill
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada3402 Posts
April 01 2011 19:47 GMT
#125
nope
temp banned for stupid comments but it was for a stupid thread imo.
[~~The Impossible Leads To Invention~~] CJ Entusman #52 The problem with internet quotations is that they are hard to verify -Abraham Lincoln c.1863
MangoTango
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States3670 Posts
April 01 2011 19:48 GMT
#126
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
"One fish, two fish, red fish, BLUE TANK!" - Artosis
dANiELcanuck
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada217 Posts
April 01 2011 19:48 GMT
#127
I type out lots of posts, I very rarely click "Post" afterwards. I've been warned twice, once by Manifesto simply because he didn't agree with my opinion when I was trying to help someone with their decision to purchase a laptop. Now I see why IdrA doesn't get along with the guy.
eohs
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States677 Posts
April 01 2011 19:48 GMT
#128
I have been warned 2 times. Once because I said something about the balance of a unit, the other I said something about a zerg stop crying. Now I just got a warning for having "Lessons" in my stream. I really hope that others got warned also. Even the featured ones, I checked some of the streams and I dont see any lessons on anyones so I hope it was for everyone. :D
I dont post enough to be scared of being banned. I just read what other says.
WELCOME TO THE PARTY
evanthebouncy!
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States12816 Posts
April 01 2011 19:49 GMT
#129
On April 02 2011 01:16 Blasterion wrote:
loved mods I love reading the ban list while at work

u sick fuck!! :p
Life is run, it is dance, it is fast, passionate and BAM!, you dance and sing and booze while you can for now is the time and time is mine. Smile and laugh when still can for now is the time and soon you die!
Rakanishu2
Profile Joined May 2009
United States475 Posts
April 01 2011 19:50 GMT
#130
TL moderates things the way the rest of message boards should.
10 G's in the packet and I'm ready to roll, on fire like a rocket and I'm ready to blow
Irrelevant
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2364 Posts
April 01 2011 19:51 GMT
#131
Been banned a few times over the last 8+ years. We used to just have Rek get on drunk and ban a few dozens every other weekend it seems. Now it's just a million warnings and tempt bans.
Pacman234
Profile Joined December 2010
United States88 Posts
April 01 2011 19:54 GMT
#132
I've been banned once, for two threads about Day9 in the Shortys. Coming from The Flood in the Bungie Forums (which I still frequent), I didn't know better, but it was a totally fair ban, those threads didn't encourage discussion, and were pretty much spam. I DO wish, however, that there was a BIG popup if you have been warned, I was warned on the Bungie Forums for a thread I made a month earlier, and the only popup on TL I've seen (which is admittedly not a lot of experience) is when it was too late and I was already banned.

I feel really bad of having this blemish on my profile, but now it will prevent me from making anymore bad posts!
AttackZerg
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States7659 Posts
April 01 2011 19:56 GMT
#133
Its been 7 years and I'm just starting to not be a shitty poster.


I have been shown a good amount of kindness.


clusen
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany8702 Posts
April 01 2011 19:58 GMT
#134
What happens when you get a warning anyways? Do you get a pm with an explanation?
Akash
Profile Joined October 2010
Romania113 Posts
April 01 2011 19:58 GMT
#135
The first thing to remember,regarding not getting banned is not saying everything that is on your mind.
If u don't like someone, try not to post your opinion on them if it's highly negative.

Even if that makes me sound kind of false,doesn't matter.


So as others have said,try to be nice or at least pretend to be nice .
The glory of the Elder Days and the hosts of Beleriand, so many great princes and captains were assembled. And yet not so many, nor so fair, as when Thangorodrim was broken, and the Elves deemed that evil was ended for ever, and it was not so!
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24805 Posts
April 01 2011 20:00 GMT
#136
On April 02 2011 04:58 clusen wrote:
What happens when you get a warning anyways? Do you get a pm with an explanation?

Yes. You get a pm and also a record of it is added to your account. Staff can see what you have been warned for in the past.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
DayJP
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil477 Posts
April 01 2011 20:01 GMT
#137
On April 02 2011 04:46 Excalibur_Z wrote:
It's so easy to get banned or warned but it's even easier to not get banned. All you have to do is a) keep the dumb 4chan memes off the forum, b) don't post image macros, c) don't flame or insult people especially if it's baseless, because arguments can always be presented in a rational manner and justified, and d) put actual effort into posts that contribute to the discussion or inform a user.

And of course, don't martyr yourself, because that's just dumb. If you think you're going to get banned for something, the one way to guarantee it is to say that in your post.


Can you please elaborate more on MARTYR'ing thing, so I don't sound like a baseless argument idiot when talking about this?
"Why did the Colossus fall over? Because it's imbalanced! :D" - Dan Artosis
eohs
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States677 Posts
April 01 2011 20:04 GMT
#138
On April 02 2011 04:58 Akash wrote:
The first thing to remember,regarding not getting banned is not saying everything that is on your mind.
If u don't like someone, try not to post your opinion on them if it's highly negative.

Even if that makes me sound kind of false,doesn't matter.


So as others have said,try to be nice or at least pretend to be nice .


But this is the forums, where I should be able to express how I feel about someones comment, even if its a mean mean mean thing to say.. I am trying to stab that person in the heart or make him cry.. THIS IS THE POINT OF THE INTERNET U DUMB MUTHA.. lol JK but I think you get my point. Everyone has such a different personality that some ppl need to be banned when they say that, but others are really making a great argument and get banned for no reason. Those are the ones we need to fix. :D
WELCOME TO THE PARTY
Shai
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada806 Posts
April 01 2011 20:05 GMT
#139
In Canada we don't have complete free speech laws and I prefer it that way; hate speech of any kind is strictly illegal, on a criminal level. I like that some forums act the same way. Of course things like slander and the like are "illegal" too, but they aren't criminal.
Eagerly awaiting Techies.
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19260 Posts
April 01 2011 20:05 GMT
#140
I've decided to put together some charts for everybody. These are based off of my own observations and should be taken with a grain of salt.

[image loading]

First up, the "What you post" chart. As you can see, it's quite easy to get banned. As you can also see, there are conflicting points. For instance, memes (in image form) and image macros are totally acceptable, in fact they are required, in the image thread, while elsewhere you will get banned for them. There's also the obvious martyring and flaming and such as well.


[image loading]

Next up is the "Where you post" chart. This is a combination of forums, thread types, and even a specific thread. Obviously, if you've got a thread in the closed forum, you've got a good chance at being banned as well. SC2 Strategy is easily the easiest place to get banned. Even looking at it wrong can get you a warning.


[image loading]

And finally, the "Post count" chart. This one should be self explanatory. Newer people stand a decent chance at being banned, what with TL being so much different from the rest of the internet. Although, the longer you're here (ie: more posts) the more you get to know how TL works your chance goes down a bit until right around 1000 posts where you're like "pffft fuck that I'll only get warned for this, I have a thousand posts!" and then you get banned and you're like OKAY and you really do clean up and become a decent member of society. Then you hit 10000 posts and there's 1 of 3 things that happens.
1. You're fana, in which case you're gone
2. You're suddenly expected to act like some kind of example and even a simple typo gets you 30 days
4. What happened to 3?

Finally, there's what I call the iNcontroL Point. While technically not a number, if you can manage to attain a post count of iNcontroL you can literally do whatever you want and not even Zeus would be able to ban you. To date, this has only been acheived by iNcontroL, despite konadora's best attempts.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4497
Leta 2321
BeSt 511
Soulkey 433
Soma 202
Rush 84
Shine 31
ZergMaN 29
Shinee 14
Dota 2
XcaliburYe168
League of Legends
JimRising 568
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King73
Other Games
WinterStarcraft733
Sick241
Pyrionflax0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV204
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2317
League of Legends
• Jankos1294
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 40m
Patches Events
6h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 40m
OSC
14h 40m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.