• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:00
CEST 14:00
KST 21:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7939 users

Fear of Banning - Page 8

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 26 Next All
hidiliho
Profile Joined September 2004
Canada685 Posts
April 01 2011 20:06 GMT
#141
I think TL is pretty fair. Mods tend to go with poster trends more before banning. That aside, if the post is purely garbage it does warrant a ban.

Read the Rules follow and if you get banned just don't do it again. This is internet, you wont die if you get banned.
I have a dream, that some day I wouldn't see any imba comments in GSL threads.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46511 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 20:08:09
April 01 2011 20:06 GMT
#142
I've gotten two warnings, one was because I wanted to be cool and post a stupid one-liner (probably a meme like "+1" or "QFT" after a long quote), and the other was because I didn't really contribute to the conversation other than to poke fun at someone in a debate thread. Never been banned.

Very immature posts, and I've since learned my lesson. It's not that hard to be smart about it.

The moderators are definitely fair.

But whenever I get a PM, I definitely get worried for just a second... until I open it and realize it's not another warning Phew!
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
fAnTaCy
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States893 Posts
April 01 2011 20:07 GMT
#143
Not so much, I hardly post and if I do I make sure they aren't at least total crap posts or trying to start any flame war or anything. 3 years and I've only had one warning, so really it's not that bad. Just don't be a dumb crap poster like "LOLUMADBRO?" or some stupid shit like that and you're in the clear =D
President of Doctor Helvetica Fan Club...PM to join. Members--4, Most recent: Archas
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19260 Posts
April 01 2011 20:07 GMT
#144
On April 02 2011 05:01 DayJP wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2011 04:46 Excalibur_Z wrote:
It's so easy to get banned or warned but it's even easier to not get banned. All you have to do is a) keep the dumb 4chan memes off the forum, b) don't post image macros, c) don't flame or insult people especially if it's baseless, because arguments can always be presented in a rational manner and justified, and d) put actual effort into posts that contribute to the discussion or inform a user.

And of course, don't martyr yourself, because that's just dumb. If you think you're going to get banned for something, the one way to guarantee it is to say that in your post.


Can you please elaborate more on MARTYR'ing thing, so I don't sound like a baseless argument idiot when talking about this?

Martyring is when you say "I'll (probably) get banned for this..." or "Ban me, I don't care" etc somewhere in your post (oh god don't ban me!). Numerous mods have said as soon as they see those words they stop reading and just ban the person.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
clusen
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany8702 Posts
April 01 2011 20:10 GMT
#145
On April 02 2011 05:07 tofucake wrote:
Martyring is when you say "I'll (probably) get banned for this..." or "Ban me, I don't care" etc somewhere in your post (oh god don't ban me!). Numerous mods have said as soon as they see those words they stop reading and just ban the person.

It's even under some point in the 10 commandments, so everyone who read them should know this.

And thx to micronesia
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
April 01 2011 20:11 GMT
#146
Not really then again I have been nice to the TL Bot lately so there really is no reason for me to have a PM waiting for me.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
0mgVitaminE
Profile Joined February 2009
United States1278 Posts
April 01 2011 20:11 GMT
#147
Does this really deserve a thread? What are you afraid of if you think before you post?
I think the mods do an excellent job of sorting out what is ban-worthy and what is not. As long as you think about what you're saying, even if your opinion isn't popular, you won't get banned
Hi there. I'm in a cave, how bout you?
CarlyZerg
Profile Joined December 2010
United States113 Posts
April 01 2011 20:13 GMT
#148
I love the way this forum works. It's the only well-moderated forum on the Internet, imo. As long as you're not a total asshat, you don't have anything to worry about. The mods seem to take a user's entire post history into account when making decisions, which I think is a solid move.

When I make snipy or condescending posts at someone who I think deserves it, I don't worry about getting banned, because:

1) I'm not a a total asshat who types in caps or calls people fags

2) my overall post history shows an honest effort at being a good member of TL society.

In my entire time here I've gotten 1 warning for calling someone a troll.
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
April 01 2011 20:13 GMT
#149
pretty much I care now after being banned for 1 week because of the July's Diet thread -_-
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 01 2011 20:14 GMT
#150
I think if you're not an idiot, you won't get banned. This site states very clearly what it expects from posters, and if you can't follow those guidelines, you don't belong here. There's very little left open for interpretation, and you should easily be able to avoid getting warned or banned as long as you hesitate before posting something questionable.

I've been on the edge of posting some really inflammatory things before, but I thought, "Is it really worth it to tell some idiot off in the face of being banned from such a great community?" Of course not. Think before you post, and you won't get banned.

If you're afraid of being banned, even though you feel you're a good poster, then you're just being unnecessarily paranoid. The mods (for the most part) are not assholes, and ban people within reason. That being said, I actually feel they should be harsher, but I'm also a no-nonsense type of person.
Writer@WriterYamato
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19260 Posts
April 01 2011 20:16 GMT
#151
On April 02 2011 05:13 CarlyZerg wrote:
I love the way this forum works. It's the only well-moderated forum on the Internet, imo. As long as you're not a total asshat, you don't have anything to worry about. The mods seem to take a user's entire post history into account when making decisions, which I think is a solid move.

When I make snipy or condescending posts at someone who I think deserves it, I don't worry about getting banned, because:

1) I'm not a a total asshat who types in caps or calls people fags

2) my overall post history shows an honest effort at being a good member of TL society.

In my entire time here I've gotten 1 warning for calling someone a troll.

For some of us who came from the world of Counter-Strike (for example, me), it was a long, hard journey before I was able to make quality posts. Yes, common sense dictates that nobody should have any problem sticking around and having fun. But if common sense were really so common we wouldn't have the Automated Ban List.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Yurie
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
12175 Posts
April 01 2011 20:17 GMT
#152
On April 02 2011 05:11 0mgVitaminE wrote:
Does this really deserve a thread? What are you afraid of if you think before you post?
I think the mods do an excellent job of sorting out what is ban-worthy and what is not. As long as you think about what you're saying, even if your opinion isn't popular, you won't get banned


I think it is more about when you aren't certain. It might be relevant. It might not. Does your fear of a warning/ban mean you don't post that?

In my case it means I won't post it, so I am afraid. ^^
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
April 01 2011 20:18 GMT
#153
Never been warned yet. Honestly, it's not that hard. 99% of the time, the people who get banned are simply idiots who don't read the OP, make trash post/threads that anyone with common sense would know not to do, or are blatant trolls. It's really not hard to keep a clean record.

If anything, the mods are more lenient now. Lots of banworthy posts in the past would simply just be warned nowadays.
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
April 01 2011 20:19 GMT
#154
Getting banned means no posting. I don't post much anyway... It's not much to fear imo.
NIJ
Profile Joined March 2010
1012 Posts
April 01 2011 20:20 GMT
#155
to be afraid to say anything is stupid when there are trolls trying to test their limits. odds are your post will be fine. sure, some people don't deserve it. they meet wrong mod on the wrong day but its not like they bill you if you get banned.

just take a vacation. sheesh.
Act of thinking logically cannot possibly be natural to the human mind. If it were, then mathematics would be everybody's easiest course at school and our species would not have taken several millennia to figure out the scientific method -NDT
Mastermind
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada7096 Posts
April 01 2011 20:24 GMT
#156
What is this login button you speak of? I'm logged on 24/7

If you fear getting banned, then dont make shitty posts.
Spekulatius
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany2413 Posts
April 01 2011 20:30 GMT
#157
Best advice might be: Don't post here when you feel you're in a foul mood. There's nothing worse than the stuff that comes out of an angry person's mind, hidden behind the wall of anonymity.
Always smile~
Wesso
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1245 Posts
April 01 2011 20:32 GMT
#158
I'm not scared of being banned, I'm sometimes scared of being warned though, because sometimes I tend to post a oneliner. Also I've been warned for something I didn't quite agree with, so that doesn't help either. (I contacted a mod and he was nice about it, we just had a different opinion, it can happen)
[GiTM]-Ace
Profile Joined September 2002
United States4935 Posts
April 01 2011 20:33 GMT
#159
Ive gotten warned for some one liners. Never banned though kinda easy to not get banned. I don't post often enough to fear it though mods are pretty nice.
I may not be the best player right now but I think I can beat any 'best' players. I'll beat all the best players and become the best player. Watch me. - Jju
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
April 01 2011 20:36 GMT
#160
the mods do a great job. I usually feel like i deserve the ban or warning

sometimes
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings182
SHIN 123
CranKy Ducklings SOOP46
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 356
ByuN 305
SHIN 123
Railgan 31
MindelVK 28
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 75844
Calm 10637
Rain 2510
Bisu 1404
FanTaSy 876
soO 594
Stork 435
Shuttle 349
Soulkey 320
Rush 259
[ Show more ]
Soma 225
firebathero 204
Snow 166
Last 151
Light 99
Mind 80
Pusan 68
ToSsGirL 55
Sea.KH 47
Trap 38
Bale 37
Mong 33
hero 32
Hm[arnc] 32
Sharp 32
Killer 31
Free 22
Aegong 20
sorry 19
Sexy 17
zelot 17
yabsab 16
Shine 15
HiyA 12
Sacsri 10
IntoTheRainbow 8
Noble 8
scan(afreeca) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7596
Dendi406
League of Legends
Reynor98
Counter-Strike
x6flipin267
fl0m64
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King95
Other Games
gofns35832
singsing2145
byalli542
B2W.Neo490
Pyrionflax242
ToD114
Chillindude11
Trikslyr1
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV233
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 88
• Gemini_19 15
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV521
League of Legends
• Jankos3306
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1046
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h
BSL Open Qualifier
7h
BSL Open Qualifier
7h
OSC
11h
Replay Cast
11h
OSC
1d
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.