• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:59
CEST 13:59
KST 20:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7926 users

Fear of Banning - Page 9

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 26 Next All
Playguuu
Profile Joined April 2010
United States926 Posts
April 01 2011 20:36 GMT
#161
I've certainly been to sites with far worse mods. I'd say for the most part they are fair, there's been mod rage and feuds sometimes but I haven't seen much lately.
I used to be just like you, then I took a sweetroll to the knee.
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
April 01 2011 20:38 GMT
#162
Never been banned. I think I try to keep my mouth shut when I'm mad.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
Blardy
Profile Joined January 2011
United States290 Posts
April 01 2011 20:38 GMT
#163
On April 02 2011 05:19 caelym wrote:
Getting banned means no posting. I don't post much anyway... It's not much to fear imo.


Pretty much that. I got temp banned for balance issues lol. Also if I wanted a serious, civilized conversation, i would go drink coffee/tea and talk philosophy with some old guys.
TheRhox
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada868 Posts
April 01 2011 20:43 GMT
#164
+ Show Spoiler +
just dont make posts like this one
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
April 01 2011 20:43 GMT
#165
Don't make stupid posts and you'll be alright for awhile. Don't get mad at moderators and you'll be alright forever. Sometimes moderators will do really provocative, unprofessional things that will make you want to tell them off. Resist that temptation and there's nothing to fear.

I used to think SomethingAwful might be even more strict, but really the great guidelines they have are not that enforced. TL has the best moderation of any site I've been to, and they do it without charging you money. You're not going to find a better forum than TL, in terms of moderation and motivated staff. TL makes some mistakes and not all the mods are great, but when you try other forums you come to see just how much more active TL is, and how much more on top of things the mods are.

The grass is not greener anywhere else, trust me.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
Akash
Profile Joined October 2010
Romania113 Posts
April 01 2011 20:58 GMT
#166
On April 02 2011 05:04 SeizeTheDay wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2011 04:58 Akash wrote:
The first thing to remember,regarding not getting banned is not saying everything that is on your mind.
If u don't like someone, try not to post your opinion on them if it's highly negative.

Even if that makes me sound kind of false,doesn't matter.


So as others have said,try to be nice or at least pretend to be nice .


But this is the forums, where I should be able to express how I feel about someones comment, even if its a mean mean mean thing to say.. I am trying to stab that person in the heart or make him cry.. THIS IS THE POINT OF THE INTERNET U DUMB MUTHA.. lol JK but I think you get my point. Everyone has such a different personality that some ppl need to be banned when they say that, but others are really making a great argument and get banned for no reason. Those are the ones we need to fix. :D




I understand that,but getting banned is like getting defeated before u have a chance to fight.
Keep your energy,there will be other battles .

You know what they say,it's they're forum and they make they're own rules.

If u want to adress some foul words to someone,just use the way Idra used it once to reply to someone.Make your snide remark as crafty and subtle (while being sarcastic at the same time) as possible while refraining from harsh words.

It works sometimes .Just remember keeping a nice tone,even if u want to break the guy who threatened your ego .
The glory of the Elder Days and the hosts of Beleriand, so many great princes and captains were assembled. And yet not so many, nor so fair, as when Thangorodrim was broken, and the Elves deemed that evil was ended for ever, and it was not so!
LarJarsE
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1378 Posts
April 01 2011 21:05 GMT
#167
If you are afraid of being banned for post, don't post it? problem solved. I believe one of the forum rules is use your noggin.
since 98'
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
April 01 2011 21:06 GMT
#168
TL is pretty fair, a bit overzealous on certain things, but it's because those things have been repeated so many times in their history that they've kind of gotten sick of them.

If you want one where you live under fear of the banhammer, try going to EJ, those mods can get downright crazy with their liberal interpretations of their rules sometimes.
Karliath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2214 Posts
April 01 2011 21:07 GMT
#169
I think it has been repeatedly stated that you won't be permanently banned for something that you yourself won't know is highly inappropriate. If you're surprised by a permanent ban, chances are 1) you're "retarded" 2) you just don't belong here with the rest of us.
TheAuditor
Profile Joined February 2011
United States136 Posts
April 01 2011 21:10 GMT
#170
I don't make posts that jeopardize my account.
No, I don't worry. I suggest everyone do that.

In my opinion, if you are worried about being banned, you probably deserve it.
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 21:15:11
April 01 2011 21:14 GMT
#171
Yeah, well one of my friends doesn't even come on the site anymore because "The mods are full of themselves and Chill in an Ass"

I try to explain to him that posting a stupid idea for a 2v2 strategy with a minimal OP and having it closed by Chill doesn't make him an ass. He is too stubborn though. Oh well.

Btw, I think Chill is awesome, second only to Kennigit.

Edit: And if you are reading this troy, Yes, you are stubborn as hell.
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
April 01 2011 21:17 GMT
#172
If TL was League of Legends, then Chill would be Teemo - he's tiny, he's super cute, but you really gotta watch your step when you're around him.
Myles
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5162 Posts
April 01 2011 21:17 GMT
#173
I've never been worried about being banned. I've had one warning in over a year of membership, and that was for a one-liner in the strategy forum before it became so heavily moderated. Even as someone who gets a lot of posts arguing in the general forum, as long as you refrain from personal attacks you have nothing to worry about.

One thing I do a lot, is after writing a post I read it and think 'does this contribute anything?' And probably half the time I decide it doesn't and just move on. I find this keeps my posts per day pretty low and probably my ban/warning count, too.
Moderator
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
April 01 2011 21:22 GMT
#174
On April 02 2011 06:17 Chairman Ray wrote:
If TL was League of Legends, then Chill would be Teemo - he's tiny, he's super cute, but you really gotta watch your step when you're around him.


You just gave me an idea for a (possibly) Bad thread in the LoL section.
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
nVusPip
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom260 Posts
April 01 2011 21:27 GMT
#175
I misread the title as 'Fear of Baneling' and thought 'This will be a good topic'

Boy was a wrong

Anyway am not really worried about being banned because this community and it's mods are more than competent in seeing the difference between a troll and a genuine poster.
Noxie
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2227 Posts
April 01 2011 21:31 GMT
#176
I have been warned twice. Bother of which were when I gave *harsh* one line opinions on a thread that asks "which is better" kinda thing.

As long as you say something contributing you should be fine. Anything that like 3 words is usually a warning // temp ban.

It seems like your a perfect example of why TL needs // wants a strict community.
Zocat
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2229 Posts
April 01 2011 21:33 GMT
#177
Dont post like a retard / troll (you can troll but make it hard to recognize).
Respect everyone: people on this site, progamers, commentators, everyone.
Dont be a dick (kinda included in 1+2)

Happy TL life. You can criticize everyone for (almost) everything if you do so in a respectful way.
And it's pretty easy to recognize topics which should be "joke free" (Japan disaster, WeRRa incident, ..).

Overall: you have common sense. Use it.
Ruffhouse
Profile Joined January 2010
Germany6 Posts
April 01 2011 21:34 GMT
#178
I have the constant fear to get banned, I do not have a warning yet though. The thing is that my english is bad for I make spelling blunders and have a stupid style probably. When I think, that I can not express my thoughts right, I fear I will get banned for it. Like a phobia its maybe a baseless fear.

It is the fear to belie the expectations of this very humble site, this community you want to be part of but are hindered by language.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal." - Groucho Marx
Bagi
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany6799 Posts
April 01 2011 21:39 GMT
#179
I've been banned once and warned a couple of times, but I don't mind. I can't say that I disagree with any bans/warnings I've had either. I do prefer to speak my mind but I also try to respect other posters and the guidelines and not go on an all-out trolling spree, so I doubt I'll ever get perma-ban or such.

Things like common courtesy and common sense go a long way, its not any more complicated than that. I'm no more hesitant to post here than any other forum on the internet.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
April 01 2011 21:39 GMT
#180
On April 02 2011 06:22 57 Corvette wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2011 06:17 Chairman Ray wrote:
If TL was League of Legends, then Chill would be Teemo - he's tiny, he's super cute, but you really gotta watch your step when you're around him.


You just gave me an idea for a (possibly) Bad thread in the LoL section.


Oh god...
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings182
SHIN 123
CranKy Ducklings SOOP46
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 348
ByuN 298
SHIN 123
MindelVK 28
Railgan 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 75844
Calm 10637
Rain 2510
Bisu 1404
FanTaSy 876
soO 594
Stork 435
Shuttle 349
Soulkey 320
Rush 259
[ Show more ]
Soma 225
firebathero 204
Snow 166
Last 151
Light 99
Mind 80
Pusan 68
ToSsGirL 55
Sea.KH 47
Trap 38
Bale 37
Mong 33
hero 32
Hm[arnc] 32
Sharp 32
Killer 31
Free 22
Aegong 20
sorry 19
Sexy 17
zelot 17
yabsab 16
Shine 15
HiyA 12
Sacsri 10
IntoTheRainbow 8
Noble 8
scan(afreeca) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7294
Dendi406
League of Legends
Reynor104
Counter-Strike
x6flipin308
fl0m64
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King71
Other Games
gofns35832
singsing2190
byalli542
B2W.Neo503
Pyrionflax272
ToD114
Chillindude11
Trikslyr0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV229
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 91
• Gemini_19 15
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV521
League of Legends
• Jankos3306
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1046
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 1m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 1m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 1m
OSC
11h 1m
Replay Cast
11h 1m
OSC
1d
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.