• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:02
CEST 18:02
KST 01:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8800 users

Fear of Banning - Page 11

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 26 Next All
cava
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
United States1035 Posts
April 01 2011 22:59 GMT
#201
The only people who fear banning are the people who want to post irrelevant nonsense or are trying to troll. I am glad that you have that fear, it keeps this place worth coming to.
cava!
Silmakuoppaanikinko
Profile Joined November 2010
799 Posts
April 01 2011 23:14 GMT
#202
I kind of have this every place on every forum, I'm really good with getting myself banned making outrageous remarks and going off topic a lot.

What also doesn't help is that I like to argue a lot with policy making people and people who generally enjoy a lot of authority and power.
Workers and town centres are the ultimate counter to turtles.
Physician *
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States4146 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 23:30:27
April 01 2011 23:29 GMT
#203
The only thing worth fearing is, the fog.

As for the fear of banning subject: teamliquid IS NOT about NOT getting banned or getting banned for that matter; it is about striving for excellence, everything else is secondary. An old reminder, from a nobody, who remembers the passion: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=59762
"I have beheld the births of negative-suns and borne witness to the entropy of entire realities...."
Varpulis
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2517 Posts
April 01 2011 23:29 GMT
#204
Before I post anything I think to myself "does anybody else want/need to hear this comment" works like a charm for me. Also, as a newcomer to the site I feel that I need to be especially careful, because even guys with 2000+ posts get temp banned for posting poorly(Example: Hawk), so if I slip up, i'm gone for sure.
For he is the Oystermeister, lord of all the oysters.
Thrill
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
2599 Posts
April 01 2011 23:30 GMT
#205
I live in constant fear.

During nights i cannot sleep. When exhaustion lulls me into an uneasy slumber, it's not long until i wake up screaming from from the shear terror that haunts my dreams.

I've driven my girlfriend away. She thinks it's my memories from Afghanistan that changed me. She doesn't know. How could she ever? How could i ever talk to her about this, she wouldn't understand and i'd never be the same in her eyes.

It is better this way. Alone. What if someone i love creates an account because of me? No, this is a burden i cannot share. My one remaining comfort is knowing others are safe and live their lives without ever having seen the things i've seen. I treasure the thought of their blissful unawareness. The memories of my girlfriends loving embrace and her wonderful words "Team Liquid, what's that?". I keep them locked up, deep inside. They're what keep the beating of my heart going..
..on
and
on..
rdj107
Profile Joined December 2010
United States336 Posts
April 01 2011 23:40 GMT
#206
Several posts in, warned for "Being a dick". Stopped debating other posts.

From the generally unhelpful nature of the warning messages and no way to see who warned you or ask why, I can see there being a fear of unwittingly getting on the bad side of a random mod someday, though it's unlikely to happen.
disco
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Netherlands1667 Posts
April 01 2011 23:43 GMT
#207
It's really easy to get warned. But every post I got warned for, I knew it was coming. It's so easy to make bad posts and the reason I read these forums about 24/7 is because of the great moderating.
this game is a fucking jokie
alexx1202
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia1 Post
April 02 2011 00:27 GMT
#208
If u worry about being banned u need to grow a pair and harden the fuck up.


..and get a life too, its an internet forum ffs.

User was banned for this post.
Dont ban me or I will have nothing else to live for...
Kinetik_Inferno
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1431 Posts
April 02 2011 00:38 GMT
#209
It really just comes down to being polite as you would in real life. I highly doubt you'd just walk up to a nice stranger who gets along with people well, and then just ruin their day with obscenity and harsh words. Bottom line, internet anonymity will not exonerate you here.


@alexx1202
I loled how relevant your quote is to your post.

FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-02 00:41:56
April 02 2011 00:41 GMT
#210
I'm usually skating on thin ice.


On April 02 2011 09:27 alexx1202 wrote:
If u worry about being banned u need to grow a pair and harden the fuck up.


..and get a life too, its an internet forum ffs.


... what a terrible first post.
nexitustl1
Profile Joined December 2010
156 Posts
April 02 2011 03:44 GMT
#211
over the years iv been banned a handful of times, i basically a stupid person with no understanding of english and basic sentence structure. I do admit that all of my bans are not directly because of my lack of grammar but more to immature stupid post. With anything important in life tho (such as TL) you will have to literally kill me before i will not be on this site, so over that time iv learned to be extremely more mature and to not just post dumb one to two word crap like "amg! thats funneh"

I don't have the morbid fascination with the automated ban list tho i feel that reminds me to much of the pain i had to go through.
Funnytoss
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Taiwan1471 Posts
April 02 2011 03:49 GMT
#212
I've never worried about this in my three years of posting. Part of that may have been because I lurked for two years before bothering to make an account, so I observed many examples as to what to do and what *not* to do in posting. Recently I've raised standards for myself a bit too - rather than "don't be detrimental", it's more of a "what does my post add to this thread/site" kind of mindset. After all, while posting, "That's an interesting build idea, you should try it out a bit more" doesn't go against any of the rules as far as I know, it doesn't really contribute anything either.

At any rate, I feel it's ridiculously hard to get banned unless you act like a dick.
AIV_Funnytoss and sGs.Funnytoss on iCCup
DisaFear
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia4074 Posts
April 02 2011 03:53 GMT
#213
I got a warning for doing a "+1"
Now i'm scared
How devious | http://anartisticanswer.blogspot.com.au/
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
April 02 2011 04:01 GMT
#214
Every time i get a PM I think to myself, what's the odds of a user messaging me? Lately though I've been more active in TL and getting more and more messages from non-mods, and well I think I behave very well except for the odd 'rage' in LR thread.
I <3 Plexa.
Loanshark
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
China3094 Posts
April 02 2011 04:10 GMT
#215
I'm a law-abiding citizen, so therefore I do not need to live in fear.

+ Show Spoiler +
Actually I have two 2-day temps and a warning in my history.
No dough, no go. And no mercy.
iNSiPiD1
Profile Joined May 2010
United States140 Posts
April 02 2011 04:15 GMT
#216
I got banned recently for posing an alternative viewpoint in a thread where everyone was against me. However I could not be proven wrong, but since I was one of the few people with this alternative way of looking at the situation, I was deemed a troll.

The mod thought of a clever line to put under his reason for banning me and couldn't resist. So the next thing you know I'm banned for essentially participating in a discussion.

Had I posted things like,

"WWOOOWOOW what a d-bag" or "THAT guy is a HUGE loser omGFF" then I would not have been banned.

Go figure.
"What is asserted without reason, may be denied without reason."
LittleAtari
Profile Joined August 2010
Jordan1090 Posts
April 02 2011 04:16 GMT
#217
be a nice person and dont post BS, you'll be fine. I like it =D

I do have one warning, but it was reasonable.
rolfe
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1266 Posts
April 02 2011 04:16 GMT
#218
to be honest i see more posts where i think the mods have been too soft on people than posts where people have been banned unfairly
life will not be contained. Life breaks free, it expands to new territories and crashes through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously but there it is. Life finds a way
AlexDeLarge
Profile Joined November 2010
Romania218 Posts
April 02 2011 04:21 GMT
#219
On April 02 2011 09:41 FabledIntegral wrote:
I'm usually skating on thin ice.


Show nested quote +
On April 02 2011 09:27 alexx1202 wrote:
If u worry about being banned u need to grow a pair and harden the fuck up.


..and get a life too, its an internet forum ffs.


... what a terrible first post.


I actually agree with him. What the fuck is this chode shit?! An internet forum is like the lowest social pressure environment i can think of. If you can't relax and be uninhibited here, how the hell do you plan on dealing with real life pressures?

Half the people who posted in this thread deserve a smack on the face. You're men, not pussies

User was warned for this post
Its only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything
necros
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States85 Posts
April 02 2011 04:25 GMT
#220
I don't have a fear of being banned because I could care less if I could post or not. It would not be the end of the world to be banned.
sc2 yay!
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM711
IndyStarCraft 170
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 711
Reynor 340
ByuN 263
TKL 263
IndyStarCraft 170
Railgan 78
BRAT_OK 43
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55913
Bisu 2899
Calm 2418
FanTaSy 885
Stork 604
Rush 462
hero 317
firebathero 170
actioN 135
Sharp 99
[ Show more ]
Sea.KH 53
Free 51
ToSsGirL 37
Mong 34
Pusan 30
soO 26
Rock 25
Hm[arnc] 19
Sexy 18
Terrorterran 18
Aegong 16
HiyA 16
Noble 13
Sacsri 11
scan(afreeca) 9
IntoTheRainbow 8
Dota 2
Gorgc10249
Dendi1047
Counter-Strike
fl0m4547
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King91
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK5
Other Games
singsing2156
Liquid`RaSZi1565
B2W.Neo749
olofmeister695
Beastyqt641
Khaldor491
Mlord490
KnowMe318
crisheroes127
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV267
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 7
• Hinosc 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• Reevou 0
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV519
League of Legends
• Nemesis3283
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1534
Other Games
• Shiphtur450
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 58m
OSC
6h 58m
Replay Cast
6h 58m
OSC
19h 58m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.