• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:05
CEST 01:05
KST 08:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War665.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13208 users

Fear of Banning - Page 12

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 26 Next All
stephls
Profile Joined December 2010
United States241 Posts
April 02 2011 04:26 GMT
#221
I do fear it, but I always try to leave thoughtful posts. Sometimes, I'll type something out and decided not to post it all. Other times I might skim through all posts and make sure what I want to say hasn't been said a million times. But if you think about it, it is really a great thing. Because you must be so careful with what you say, it makes TL a great community!
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
April 02 2011 04:26 GMT
#222
I kind of want to get banned. I want to fuck up unintentionally and just to see what it is like to be banned for 2 days. Mostly I want to see the PM.

I don't want to get a gag ban or something. I want it to be 100% real.
Khaymus
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States750 Posts
April 02 2011 04:27 GMT
#223
As long as your opinion is the same as the mods you should be fine!
Let them say we lived in the time of Boxer, Emperor of Terran. Let them say we lived in the time of Nal_rA, Dreamer of Protoss. Let them say we lived in the time of Savior, Master of the Zerg.
Phustus
Profile Joined July 2008
Canada81 Posts
April 02 2011 04:42 GMT
#224
i posted /thread in a thread one time and a mod warned me saying in a PM


THIS IS A NOTICE THAT IF YOU EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER POST /THREAD AGAIN NOT ONLY ON THIS FORUM BUT ON ANY FORUM AND DONT THINK WE WONT FIND OUT BECAUSE WE WILL EVEN IF ITS ON SOME PRIVATE FORUM THAT ONLY YOUR FAMILY POSTS ON I SWEAR TO GOD I'LL KIDNAP YOUR FUCKING GRANDMOTHER AND BEAT THE URL OUT OF HER AND I WILL FIND OUT IF YOU POST /THREAD. THIS IS A NOTICE THAT IF YOU EVER DO IT AGAIN I'M GOING TO CUT YOUR TONGUE OUT AND SLAP YOUR ACROSS YOUR STUPID NERD FACE WITH IT AND AFTER THAT WE'LL SEE WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE WITHOUT EYES I MEAN IT I'LL PULL OUT YOUR FUCKING EYEBALLS AND THEN HOLD THEM UP TO YOUR FACE SO YOU CAN LOOK AT YOURSELF SHRIEK IN HORROR BEFORE MY BLADE ENTERS YOUR SKULL AND EVERYTHING GOES DARK

Thanks in advance for your cooperation,
Nyovne

Demand2k
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Norway875 Posts
April 02 2011 05:00 GMT
#225
If you actually worry about getting banned, you're probably safe.
Irrelevant
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2364 Posts
April 02 2011 05:07 GMT
#226
Gotten banned more times for what I've done outside of TL, odd how that works...
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
April 02 2011 05:07 GMT
#227
Don't post threads about streaming GSL and you wont get banned
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
April 02 2011 05:17 GMT
#228
On April 02 2011 13:21 AlexDeLarge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2011 09:41 FabledIntegral wrote:
I'm usually skating on thin ice.


On April 02 2011 09:27 alexx1202 wrote:
If u worry about being banned u need to grow a pair and harden the fuck up.


..and get a life too, its an internet forum ffs.


... what a terrible first post.


I actually agree with him. What the fuck is this chode shit?! An internet forum is like the lowest social pressure environment i can think of. If you can't relax and be uninhibited here, how the hell do you plan on dealing with real life pressures?

Half the people who posted in this thread deserve a smack on the face. You're men, not pussies

User was warned for this post


I could care less really if you agree with him, it doesn't mean it's still not a terrible post. THAT is what you want to contribute? Really?

Yours is just as equally poor - regardless of your views on it being the "lowest social pressure environment" (I'm not saying otherwise), it's the manner of the posts. When trying to build a productive community, "uninhibited" posts just waste other people's time. It's the exact opposite of what we want. Telling people they deserve a smack in the face for posting their own opinions and calling them pussies? Aren't you being hypocritical?
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-02 05:21:34
April 02 2011 05:18 GMT
#229
I got warned for questioning a thread that made no sense once.

I was one of many in that thread that got warned because apparently EVERYONE doesn't know how to read except that one mod. Not to mention the thread got closed for how stupid it was after 3 pages.

Other than that... I don't think I'll have to worry about getting banned anytime soon.
( ・´ー・`)
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
April 02 2011 05:18 GMT
#230
On April 02 2011 14:17 FabledIntegral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2011 13:21 AlexDeLarge wrote:
On April 02 2011 09:41 FabledIntegral wrote:
I'm usually skating on thin ice.


On April 02 2011 09:27 alexx1202 wrote:
If u worry about being banned u need to grow a pair and harden the fuck up.


..and get a life too, its an internet forum ffs.


... what a terrible first post.


I actually agree with him. What the fuck is this chode shit?! An internet forum is like the lowest social pressure environment i can think of. If you can't relax and be uninhibited here, how the hell do you plan on dealing with real life pressures?

Half the people who posted in this thread deserve a smack on the face. You're men, not pussies

User was warned for this post


I could care less really if you agree with him, it doesn't mean it's still not a terrible post. THAT is what you want to contribute? Really?

Yours is just as equally poor - regardless of your views on it being the "lowest social pressure environment" (I'm not saying otherwise), it's the manner of the posts. When trying to build a productive community, "uninhibited" posts just waste other people's time. It's the exact opposite of what we want. Telling people they deserve a smack in the face for posting their own opinions and calling them pussies? Aren't you being hypocritical?
The funny coincidence is that they're both Alex!
I <3 Plexa.
MrHoon *
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
10183 Posts
April 02 2011 05:22 GMT
#231
it's really hard to get yourself banned in TL than most people make it to be

All you have to do is not act like an idiot. I mean how hard is that?

tbh TL needs another purge
dats racist
HawaiianPig
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada5155 Posts
April 02 2011 05:27 GMT
#232
That fear is what shapes you into a good poster. Best way to never get banned is to think twice about posting. I don't think I really started posting on TL until after 3-4 years of lurking.
AdministratorNot actually Hawaiian.
Meldrath
Profile Joined June 2010
United States620 Posts
April 02 2011 05:30 GMT
#233
I often like seeing things i know will be closed get closed... I usually post inside of it letting the OP know what he did wrong right befor it gets closed.. lol
slap me I must be dreaming another "imba" arugment! fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!
AlexDeLarge
Profile Joined November 2010
Romania218 Posts
April 02 2011 05:36 GMT
#234
On April 02 2011 14:17 FabledIntegral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2011 13:21 AlexDeLarge wrote:
On April 02 2011 09:41 FabledIntegral wrote:
I'm usually skating on thin ice.


On April 02 2011 09:27 alexx1202 wrote:
If u worry about being banned u need to grow a pair and harden the fuck up.


..and get a life too, its an internet forum ffs.


... what a terrible first post.


I actually agree with him. What the fuck is this chode shit?! An internet forum is like the lowest social pressure environment i can think of. If you can't relax and be uninhibited here, how the hell do you plan on dealing with real life pressures?

Half the people who posted in this thread deserve a smack on the face. You're men, not pussies

User was warned for this post


I could care less really if you agree with him, it doesn't mean it's still not a terrible post. THAT is what you want to contribute? Really?

Yours is just as equally poor - regardless of your views on it being the "lowest social pressure environment" (I'm not saying otherwise), it's the manner of the posts. When trying to build a productive community, "uninhibited" posts just waste other people's time. It's the exact opposite of what we want. Telling people they deserve a smack in the face for posting their own opinions and calling them pussies? Aren't you being hypocritical?


And your contribution is accusing and criticizing me, without saying anything relevant otherwise.

Let me tell you what my contribution was, apparently it's too subtle to grasp if you're thick as a brick.

The manner in which many users posted in this thread denotes that they live in a petty little universe, with extremely low comfort zone and social inadequacy (this is just the impression they give, not saying it's entirely true, take it with a grain of salt). You don't have to micromanage yourself at every turn, analyzing your every thought gesture or word. You don't need to seek other people's approval.

In the grand spectrum of things, being banned (even perma banned) from an online forum is like the tiniest, most minuscule thing that could occur in your life. It is not, in my opinion, an advantage worth giving up your freedom of thought and expressing yourself in the manner which you want to, not imposed by others. And if the mods encourage this sort of behavior, they are unknowingly creating even more introverted, awkward, pussy whipped - insert beta male "qualities" here - people.

All i tried is to give a wake up call, because i'll be completely honest, reading this thread disgusted me. I could already imagine myself walking all over most of these people IRL, and they wouldn't have the balls to do anything about it.

Cheers
Its only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything
Horse...falcon
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1851 Posts
April 02 2011 05:52 GMT
#235
Sometimes I think the mods don't do enough banning. A lot of the posts in tourney threads are absolutely pointless and are usually made by fanboys or haters. So much pointless off-topic debates go on as well. Atheism debate in the SOTG thread? Really?

Also a ban would probably actually help me get stuff done this weekend. I can't be the only one with a ton of crap due Monday.
Artosis: "From horsssse....falcon"
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-02 06:14:52
April 02 2011 06:06 GMT
#236
On April 02 2011 13:27 Khaymus wrote:
As long as your opinion is the same as the mods you should be fine!

Not true. I've probably banned more people I agreed with than disagreed with.

No one is safe!
Administrator
DyEnasTy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3721 Posts
April 02 2011 06:12 GMT
#237
I got a 2 day temp ban for getting into it with a guy who started turning a cool comic about a marines life, into how marines are op. I did lose my cool a bit, but I shake my fist toward you JWD!
Much better to die an awesome Terran than to live as a magic wielding fairy or a mindless sac of biological goop. -Manifesto7
Sixotanaka
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia191 Posts
April 02 2011 06:13 GMT
#238
I think that it's a good thing that people have that hesitation to post. It allows them a few extra seconds to think before they hit that post button
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
April 02 2011 06:17 GMT
#239
On April 02 2011 14:22 MrHoon wrote:

tbh TL needs another purge

COUGHmysignatureCOUGHCOUGH

Yeah, TBH, banning isn't really that big of a deal.
And if they didn't ban liberally, what would be the incentive for not posting badly?
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
KingAce
Profile Joined September 2010
United States471 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-02 06:20:46
April 02 2011 06:18 GMT
#240
Lol I just don't post. They're some discussions like balance stuff that I want talk about, and maybe something enlightening might come out in the discussion. But I just avoid it all together. I mostly use this site like a SC news outlet. You really can't have a discussion here I feel.
"You're defined by the WORST of your group..." Bill Burr
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O124
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10435
Artosis 626
ZZZero.O 124
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm175
League of Legends
Doublelift5059
JimRising 181
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4250
Other Games
summit1g8779
FrodaN2348
Liquid`RaSZi2060
C9.Mang0298
Livibee194
ToD179
Pyrionflax109
Maynarde95
ArmadaUGS48
Mew2King39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1143
StarCraft 2
CranKy Ducklings17
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• musti20045 47
• Sammyuel 30
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP10
• davetesta1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1502
• Scarra661
• Shiphtur615
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 55m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.