• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:05
CEST 01:05
KST 08:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War665.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13234 users

Fear of Banning - Page 14

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 26 Next All
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11602 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-02 07:22:24
April 02 2011 07:22 GMT
#261
On April 02 2011 16:12 Xxio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2011 01:37 Ferrose wrote:
Every time I get a PM, I think it's a warning. It scares me.


Nice brag


it might happen so rarely he wonders what he did wrong to warrant a PM.

I think it's a beat, not a brag
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
April 02 2011 07:23 GMT
#262
On April 02 2011 01:16 Morfildur wrote:
If you fear you might get a ban for a post, don't post it.

I got banned for 2 days once (rightfully so, you should never post when in a bad mood) and i'm usually not scared when i post. The TL Mods are strict but fair.

Yeah it's actually worse being a mod because you have to police yourself. I don't post at least 30% of my posts because i swear at someone/flame them because they are terrible. When in doubt, say nout.
Existential
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia2107 Posts
April 02 2011 07:30 GMT
#263
I used to, not so much anymore. Now I just post as if I'm not an idiot and it's all good.
Jaedong <3 | BW - The first game I ever loved
DisBabylonSystem
Profile Joined October 2010
56 Posts
April 02 2011 07:30 GMT
#264
On April 02 2011 16:04 Klogon wrote:
I can't wait till I find somebody worth banning in this thread. The irony would make my day.



All you pussies out there saying "I'm not scared of being banned".... Stand up for what is right, Fuck these mods they can suck my left nut All these Mods are internet geek fucks, that thinking their cool because they can control you people. Fuck you.

User was banned for this post.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
April 02 2011 07:31 GMT
#265
On April 02 2011 16:30 DisBabylonSystem wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2011 16:04 Klogon wrote:
I can't wait till I find somebody worth banning in this thread. The irony would make my day.



All you pussies out there saying "I'm not scared of being banned".... Stand up for what is right, Fuck these mods they can suck my left nut All these Mods are internet geek fucks, that thinking their cool because they can control you people. Fuck you.

Go Klogon go!
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
zobz
Profile Joined November 2005
Canada2175 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-02 09:37:52
April 02 2011 07:37 GMT
#266
On April 02 2011 16:30 DisBabylonSystem wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2011 16:04 Klogon wrote:
I can't wait till I find somebody worth banning in this thread. The irony would make my day.

User was banned for this post.
Thank you.
"That's not gonna be good for business." "That's not gonna be good for anybody."
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
April 02 2011 07:46 GMT
#267
On April 02 2011 16:31 flamewheel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2011 16:30 DisBabylonSystem wrote:
On April 02 2011 16:04 Klogon wrote:
I can't wait till I find somebody worth banning in this thread. The irony would make my day.



All you pussies out there saying "I'm not scared of being banned".... Stand up for what is right, Fuck these mods they can suck my left nut All these Mods are internet geek fucks, that thinking their cool because they can control you people. Fuck you.

Go Klogon go!
boesthius stole the ban from Klogon, no fair!


I <3 Plexa.
Sablar
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Sweden880 Posts
April 02 2011 08:02 GMT
#268
"DisBabylonSystem" ..

But I have the fear of the ban in me. The main reason is a tendency to for some reason sit myself in front of the computer when I get home after a late night out. So waking up the next day at 1pm, maybe an hour later I remember posting *something*. Not a good feeling.

But in the end it's usually sort of coherent for someone who is totally hammered. For an outsider I guess it would just look like a normal.. kind of stupid.. post.
Kong John
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark1020 Posts
April 02 2011 10:46 GMT
#269
I have been registered here for about 4 years and im not really afraid of being banned. Its true that i post less due to the extensive moderation, but that may not be a bad thing. The fear of the ban is what keeps people from making this site 4chan and allows contributors to get more out of their efforts. So all hail the banfear
This is real life, where nerds must battle!
NotSupporting
Profile Joined February 2008
Sweden1998 Posts
April 02 2011 10:50 GMT
#270
Been here since early 2008, made 1700 posts and only got one warning way back. Part of the reason why TL is so great is the mods. If you think before you post you will be totally fine here.
B.I.G.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
3251 Posts
April 02 2011 10:55 GMT
#271
On April 02 2011 01:32 Kennigit wrote:
I used to be scared shitless of getting banned. I read over my posts 3-4 times, and prayed that some angry mod wasn't going to snipe me. Things turned out ok.

oh my god the mods have found us! run everybody! run for your lives!

but in all seriousness i got like 2 or 3 warnings. sometimes it really made me feel like: really? for this? but whatever its a warning so no reason to fret about it. so much posts not enough mods to really ponder on every single case i guess.
tyCe
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia2542 Posts
April 02 2011 10:56 GMT
#272
I suppose I've walked the line more so in the last month.

However, I've only been warned once, and I certainly did not consider my post to be warn-worthy. I made a post in a LR about HuK who I thought luckily made a blind counter in a PvP match, and then I got promptly warned with a remark like "don't make stupid posts".. T.T

I think the mods here, on the whole, do a great job, but there are certainly inconsistencies with warns/bans that you see here and there in various threads. I'm sure it comes from having so many different moderators that one or two will likely have off-days or just be more troll-like than the others.
Betrayed by EG.BuK
Legatus Lanius
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
2135 Posts
April 02 2011 11:11 GMT
#273
i think the moderation can be overly harsh on jokes. sometimes it seems like humour is being persecuted
"He's the Triple H of Brood War." - Ribbon on Flash | "He's more like the John Cena of Brood War." - Aus)MaCrO on Flash
clusen
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany8702 Posts
April 02 2011 11:18 GMT
#274
On April 02 2011 20:11 Legatus Lanius wrote:
i think the moderation can be overly harsh on jokes. sometimes it seems like humour is being persecuted

Depends on the topic, you just shouldn't make a joke that might offend some people.
DarQraven
Profile Joined January 2010
Netherlands553 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-02 11:26:25
April 02 2011 11:22 GMT
#275
I got tempbanned once for calling someone out on a really ignorant view on abortion (basically the medieval view on the subject). Turns out one of the admins didn't agree with me. It's that simple to get banned.

So yeah, as long as you stay out of the off-topic discussions you should be fine. Once you cross that line, everything's fair game and you'd better just stick to the popular opinion or take the time to write a three-page essay to explain your position.

That's the sad fact with human mods/admins: no matter how well they try, emotions and their own opinions can and will cloud their objective judgment from time to time.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
April 02 2011 11:35 GMT
#276
Sometimes I get nervous about warnings or maybe temp bans for speaking my mind excessively, because I can be pretty critical. However, thus far I have not been censored. I think as long as your posts are intelligent and have a point behind them, you're fine.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
legatus legionis
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands559 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-02 11:41:34
April 02 2011 11:40 GMT
#277
I'm not afraid at all because I'm extremely critical of what I want others to read. I do feel the pressure to conform but I see that as a good thing.

I try to think, there are many people who will read a post I make, even though I might never get the confirmation. I want them to think: "Sweet that guy wrote exactly what I was thinking aswell" or "That was an interesting point and well written". In the start, when I was the person thinking that about other peoples posts, it would make me all warm and fuzzy inside. And it still does.

There are countless times I log in, write a couple paragraphs, proof read it and delete it all and log out. I don't know why it's not like I'm not being mannered. Probably more so that it adds nothing or that I don't respect my own opinion or ability to comment on a certain subject. When I can't even get a good paragraph going or get stuck in my thoughts and lose side of the point I wanted to convey, I also delete it because it's just gonna be a worthless post.

I planned my registration date in advance (10/10/10) and haven't made a lot of posts. There's quite some things I like to comment on but when someone else already wrote what you think. There's no reason to write it again.

I think I understand the rules well. At a younger age I got arrested and jailed in holding for about a day for something I thought was the most unfair judgement ever. Turns out I was only looking at it from my own perspective and not taking the view of my environment into account. It was a great lesson. Years later I also read the essence of it again in a book. "It's not what you say, it's what other people hear".

In regards to the banning policy, I have never felt a ban or warning was given out unfairly. I'd even go as far as to say that there are many instances where I felt like atleast a warning should've been given out.

You can pretty much say anything you want. As long as you do it with respect.
EdSlyB
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Portugal1621 Posts
April 02 2011 12:19 GMT
#278
On April 02 2011 16:04 Klogon wrote:
I can't wait till I find somebody worth banning in this thread. The irony would make my day.


That's one of the things I love in TL: all mods have a great sense of humour. ^^
aka Wardo
EdSlyB
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Portugal1621 Posts
April 02 2011 12:21 GMT
#279
On April 02 2011 16:30 DisBabylonSystem wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2011 16:04 Klogon wrote:
I can't wait till I find somebody worth banning in this thread. The irony would make my day.



All you pussies out there saying "I'm not scared of being banned".... Stand up for what is right, Fuck these mods they can suck my left nut All these Mods are internet geek fucks, that thinking their cool because they can control you people. Fuck you.

User was banned for this post.


TL is their site. Their rules. If you don't like simply avoid visiting TL.
aka Wardo
rolfe
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1266 Posts
April 02 2011 12:21 GMT
#280
On April 02 2011 14:22 MrHoon wrote:
it's really hard to get yourself banned in TL than most people make it to be

All you have to do is not act like an idiot. I mean how hard is that?

tbh TL needs another purge

yeah, release the kracken! was rekrul really that bad? did he ban thaaat many people?
life will not be contained. Life breaks free, it expands to new territories and crashes through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously but there it is. Life finds a way
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O124
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10435
Artosis 626
ZZZero.O 124
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm175
League of Legends
Doublelift5059
JimRising 181
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4250
Other Games
summit1g8779
FrodaN2348
Liquid`RaSZi2060
C9.Mang0298
Livibee194
ToD179
Pyrionflax109
Maynarde95
ArmadaUGS48
Mew2King39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1143
StarCraft 2
CranKy Ducklings17
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• musti20045 47
• Sammyuel 30
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP10
• davetesta1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1502
• Scarra661
• Shiphtur615
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 55m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.