• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:27
CEST 18:27
KST 01:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13136 users

Fear of Banning - Page 6

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 26 Next All
Rkie
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States1278 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 17:55:51
April 01 2011 17:54 GMT
#101
I was temp banned once. About 15 minutes after I had posted, I realized my mistake, and went to go edit it out. The Mods beat me to it... I also had one warning, but idr what that was for.
LoCaD
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1634 Posts
April 01 2011 17:57 GMT
#102
Abide the Rules and you are "relativly"safe ^^
I give up, I just don't know what to write here.
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 17:59:51
April 01 2011 17:58 GMT
#103
I got banned once for a post that absolutely deserved punishment (see my sig), but, to be honest, was hilarious enough it was probably worth it.

So... I've been banned, and I have no fear of getting banned, because I know what's over the line and that I'll most likely deserve it if it happens.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
LanTAs
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1091 Posts
April 01 2011 17:58 GMT
#104
I got a temp ban, but for a good reason, so here are few tips how not to get banned:
Dont post anything offensive
Dont post 1 line posts
Dont post anything stupid
Dont post in all caps
Dont post really stupid memes as your one line post

and most importantly;
Dont ask for it.
See.Blue
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2673 Posts
April 01 2011 17:58 GMT
#105
I love the mods on this site. The volume of retardedness they keep out is really, honest-to-god, remarkable
IMHope
Profile Joined February 2011
Korea (South)1241 Posts
April 01 2011 18:01 GMT
#106
I never really worry about getting banned because I never do something that would require me to get banned and I feel that all my post are appropriate and not just random span.
Jessica Jung, Kim Taeyeon, Kwon Yuri <333
Versita
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada1032 Posts
April 01 2011 18:01 GMT
#107
I've no fear of being banned. If there is a discussion I'd like to comment on, of course I'm going to think my post through so that I can clearly convey my message. Granted, I don't post too frequently (I think I have like 1.8 posts per day or something like that) but have recently started posting a bit more.

IIRC, I've been "warned" once but it was simply because the mod read my comment before thoroughly reading the OP and thought my post was completely off-topic. He PM'd me later and apologized for the false warning.
Argoneus
Profile Joined July 2009
Czech Republic283 Posts
April 01 2011 18:15 GMT
#108
I agree. I've been warned and tempbanned several times (t.t) but looking back it was fair. I usually go into a thread that isn't meant for me and start telling the people they are bad that they do something etc. Keep it up
Terran OP
dyonehara
Profile Joined June 2010
United States69 Posts
April 01 2011 19:05 GMT
#109
I've yet to be warned, however I've exercised extreme caution when posting on these forums.

I find these forums to be more knowledge oriented than entertainment oriented. When I feel like a laugh or if I want to kick my shoes off, I'll visit the less morally attractive sites on the web.

Nothing wrong per se about TL's rules. It will deter many from posting, and often times it might keep a small portion of people who want to be a part of the community from engaging with others, but for the most part, it helps to maintain the demographic here and I enjoy that.
mikeymoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada7170 Posts
April 01 2011 19:11 GMT
#110
Bah, I was hoping Christmas came early.
And I have to agree with Kennigit, I used to proofread my posts 3-4 times. Now it's just 1-2 times
o_x | Ow. | 1003 ESPORTS dollars | If you have any questions about bans please PM Kennigit
jjun212
Profile Joined December 2004
Canada2208 Posts
April 01 2011 19:12 GMT
#111
just stay away from racism, lol

i got warned once and banned once.

i wont say who warned me, but rekrul banned me for calling someone an albino... after he had already warned me =(

so yea... racism = Nonono~!!!!!
myrmidon2537
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines2188 Posts
April 01 2011 19:14 GMT
#112
Honestly, I've stayed relatively safe since most of my posts come in one or two threads anyway (hello fighting game thread people). Had a topic closed though (that one time I didn't use the search function first, but no biggie)

Common sense, being polite, reading the rules and there's really nothing to fear. The mods here as far as I've seen are actually better than most of the sites I go to anyway so if I get banned or warned, I probably deserved it.
IPT.PromilKid: I'm only good at Marvel
XiaoJoyce-
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
China2908 Posts
April 01 2011 19:20 GMT
#113
On April 02 2011 01:37 caradoc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2011 01:34 XiaoJoyce- wrote:
I've been banned once without any warning for Blantant Sexism.


with capital letters. thats pretty Serious.


Aha how did u noe it is all in Caps. You check the Banlist forum?
Ah, what bad experience.

Serious, I am a Sexist by accident.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=200336&currentpage=39#772

If KellyMILKIES is a guy, and my sentence will become let the other man do the talking, and I will not be ban.

That day I am so happy some1 pm me.
The moment I open the pm, I am so sad.
Pew! Pew! Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
ComusLoM
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Norway3547 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 19:24:10
April 01 2011 19:23 GMT
#114
I was once warned for criticising Israel and anyone who supports them. And I have been banned in both of the big ban waves, the beta roulette and the Kelly disaster. To be quite honest I didn't expect it at all with the exception I suppose of beta roulette, but that was pretty hilarious. I don't fear being banned generally because most of my posts consist of AHHHHHHHHHHH (Insert awesome player here) HWAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and other hype in LR threads xD. That and TL mods are generally awesome.
"The White Woman Speaks in Tongues That Are All Lies" - Incontrol; Member #37 of the Chill Fanclub
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 01 2011 19:27 GMT
#115
No, I've been warned maybe twice and I've been posting here for a long time. I think the rules are pretty simple to understand if you read the 10 commandments and aren't an idiot.
RIP Aaliyah
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24805 Posts
April 01 2011 19:27 GMT
#116
The fear of moderating unjustly is worse than the fear of getting punished by a moderator (in my experience at least).
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Monokeros
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States2493 Posts
April 01 2011 19:28 GMT
#117
Evilteletubby and my AMAAAAZZINNG BLOGS oh boy those were GREAT TIMES
Keep the Dream Alive twitch.tv/monokerros
MaleficOR
Profile Joined May 2010
United States315 Posts
April 01 2011 19:31 GMT
#118
I bumped a old Vindictus thread yesterday and that little box came up and said "The last post in this thread is over 2 months old are you sure you want to bump this"

It was the only time I was really apprehensive about a post. But basically I try and stay low key, stay out of balance/cheese/lag whine and I have been safe so far, but I am just now hitting a year here.
Its ihdra, like the beginning of idiot- IdrA
R0YAL
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States1768 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 19:36:28
April 01 2011 19:32 GMT
#119
Its easy not to get warned/banned. Follow the TL.net Ten Commandments and you should never have to worry.

On April 02 2011 02:58 LanTAs wrote:
I got a temp ban, but for a good reason, so here are few tips how not to get banned:
Dont post anything offensive
Dont post 1 line posts
Dont post anything stupid
Dont post in all caps
Dont post really stupid memes as your one line post

and most importantly;
Dont ask for it.

I always facepalm whenever I see a post starting with "I will probably get banned for this..." and lo and behold I scroll down just to see "user has been banned for this post" in all red every time. But it still doesnt stop people from doing it :\
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
Raysalis
Profile Joined July 2010
Malaysia1034 Posts
April 01 2011 19:35 GMT
#120
As long as you write in a nice and polite way and follow the rules, then its very hard to get ban. TL was a lot stricter waay waaaay back in history and the fear of the banhammer was absolute. But now , meh just be nice and you are ok. If you get a warning, its just TL staff giving you another chance to be a better person
:)
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM742
TKL 343
IndyStarCraft 214
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 742
ByuN 349
TKL 343
Reynor 255
IndyStarCraft 214
BRAT_OK 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53104
Bisu 2769
Calm 2489
FanTaSy 740
Stork 581
Rush 469
hero 283
firebathero 178
actioN 125
Sharp 90
[ Show more ]
Free 51
Mong 30
ToSsGirL 30
Pusan 27
soO 25
Rock 24
HiyA 18
Hm[arnc] 16
Terrorterran 15
Aegong 13
scan(afreeca) 11
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc10891
Dendi1031
Counter-Strike
fl0m5421
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King90
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK9
Other Games
singsing1976
Liquid`RaSZi1597
B2W.Neo709
Beastyqt583
Khaldor488
Mlord486
olofmeister445
KnowMe299
FrodaN173
crisheroes165
Livibee3
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV254
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• Hinosc 12
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach44
• Azhi_Dahaki10
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV537
League of Legends
• Nemesis3030
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1561
Other Games
• Shiphtur646
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 34m
OSC
6h 34m
Replay Cast
6h 34m
OSC
19h 34m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.