• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:42
CEST 00:42
KST 07:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War355.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7913 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 224

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 222 223 224 225 226 244 Next
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-14 14:24:41
December 14 2013 14:19 GMT
#4461
I agree that the Momentum is not that impressive, but I would add "for the price". I had a pair and returned them, they did sound a bit better than my old Aurvana Live, especially on the lows (clearer and more differentiated, and a bit "boomy"), BUT that does not really justify the 3x price tag.

But as audition goes, you definitely need to find a good store. There are two of them that I know in my city, and if you want to audition any of the equipment, normally you have to call in advance so that they can set up the room/equipment accordingly.

However, I was lucky enough to catch an event they hosted, celebrating the launch of the Burson Soloist. I wrote about it a while back (here), and the HD800s simply blew me away. I don't consider myself an audiophile but I did have the chance to compare them with equally praised headsets from Denon and Audeze, with the same source/amp, and to me, it was trashing everyone else hands down (in terms of clarity). Some still prefer the LCD 2/3/X over them, some say they are "too accurate"/cold, but I could listen to them for days on end.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
azngamer828
Profile Joined July 2008
United States137 Posts
December 17 2013 20:16 GMT
#4462
i am thinking about getting a steelseries headphones
and am currently looking at the 7H (yes i know those headphones are about 2 years old) and the new 9H
has anyone tried any of the 2 headphones?
what do you guys think of them?
Pew Pew
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
December 17 2013 20:31 GMT
#4463
Bought a pair of Philips Fidelio X1. Very pleased so far. Really nice and distinct bass and just nice overall sound for all of my use. Only negative is that they are slightly heavy and the ear pads (or whatever they are called in Énglish) are not exchangeable.
ShivaN
Profile Joined January 2007
United States933 Posts
December 18 2013 00:50 GMT
#4464
On December 18 2013 05:16 azngamer828 wrote:
i am thinking about getting a steelseries headphones
and am currently looking at the 7H (yes i know those headphones are about 2 years old) and the new 9H
has anyone tried any of the 2 headphones?
what do you guys think of them?

Don't get the 7H, I just had to replace my pair this Christmas because the right ear speaker shorted out. They didn't even last a year. I can't say anything about the 9H, but I definitely would not recommend Steelseries just based on my experience. They felt cheaply made and another thing I hated was the cord on them is literally short as hell. I couldn't even plug them in to the back of my comp cuz it wouldn't reach, had to go through my speakers headphones port. It's pretty ridiculous. You can get something much better with help from the people in this thread, just post your budget and what you're looking for. They helped me a ton picking out my new pair/AMP!
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
December 18 2013 02:41 GMT
#4465
On December 18 2013 09:50 ShivaN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2013 05:16 azngamer828 wrote:
i am thinking about getting a steelseries headphones
and am currently looking at the 7H (yes i know those headphones are about 2 years old) and the new 9H
has anyone tried any of the 2 headphones?
what do you guys think of them?

Don't get the 7H, I just had to replace my pair this Christmas because the right ear speaker shorted out. They didn't even last a year. I can't say anything about the 9H, but I definitely would not recommend Steelseries just based on my experience. They felt cheaply made and another thing I hated was the cord on them is literally short as hell. I couldn't even plug them in to the back of my comp cuz it wouldn't reach, had to go through my speakers headphones port. It's pretty ridiculous. You can get something much better with help from the people in this thread, just post your budget and what you're looking for. They helped me a ton picking out my new pair/AMP!


You guys will save money in the long run if you just jump straight to something durable and reasonably mid-fi, like the HD650 or DT880 for example. They'll scale well as you upgrade other aspects of your audio chain. Nothing wrong with sticking to the classics guys.
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
December 18 2013 03:24 GMT
#4466
If you can/want, BuyDig.com has the ATH M50's for $89 and free shipping with code AUDIOGOLD also. Good price.
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
December 18 2013 21:58 GMT
#4467
On December 18 2013 12:24 MassHysteria wrote:
If you can/want, BuyDig.com has the ATH M50's for $89 and free shipping with code AUDIOGOLD also. Good price.


Great price.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
mizU
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States12125 Posts
December 18 2013 22:37 GMT
#4468
I just got my ATH M50s in the mail and HOLY SHIT they are amazinggggggggggggg

I'm glad I got them, it's going to make my producing a lot better now that I can hear all the subtle nuances in my music :D

if happy ever afters did exist <3 @watamizu_
ShivaN
Profile Joined January 2007
United States933 Posts
December 19 2013 11:07 GMT
#4469
On December 19 2013 07:37 mizU wrote:
I just got my ATH M50s in the mail and HOLY SHIT they are amazinggggggggggggg

I'm glad I got them, it's going to make my producing a lot better now that I can hear all the subtle nuances in my music :D


Awesome to hear! I got mine in the other day, but won't be able to test them out until Christmas day. Too excited though! Just out of curiosity, did you buy an AMP with them as well?
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
December 19 2013 13:58 GMT
#4470
On December 19 2013 20:07 ShivaN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2013 07:37 mizU wrote:
I just got my ATH M50s in the mail and HOLY SHIT they are amazinggggggggggggg

I'm glad I got them, it's going to make my producing a lot better now that I can hear all the subtle nuances in my music :D


Awesome to hear! I got mine in the other day, but won't be able to test them out until Christmas day. Too excited though! Just out of curiosity, did you buy an AMP with them as well?


I have the M50s. They're not very comfortable so I don't use them too much.
The sound is alright for the price. I like the analytical signature which contrasts quite a bit with my other headphones that are mostly on the warmer side.

They definitely don't need an AMP.
azngamer828
Profile Joined July 2008
United States137 Posts
December 19 2013 16:49 GMT
#4471
On December 18 2013 12:24 MassHysteria wrote:
If you can/want, BuyDig.com has the ATH M50's for $89 and free shipping with code AUDIOGOLD also. Good price.

can you give a link to where it costs $89?
im looking at it right now and the only ones are $150.
either i cant find it or it was on sale for a limited time and it expired.
Pew Pew
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
December 19 2013 16:52 GMT
#4472
amazon has them for $85 http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B000ULAP4U/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1327813913&sr=1-1

you may need to click the 'Straight Cable' box near the top of the listing.
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
December 19 2013 18:23 GMT
#4473
On December 20 2013 01:49 azngamer828 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2013 12:24 MassHysteria wrote:
If you can/want, BuyDig.com has the ATH M50's for $89 and free shipping with code AUDIOGOLD also. Good price.

can you give a link to where it costs $89?
im looking at it right now and the only ones are $150.
either i cant find it or it was on sale for a limited time and it expired.


You were the guy asking about home use the other day.

I wouldn't go with the M50's for just listening at home. They're closed and not particularly comfortable.
I know you guys are mostly concerned with sound quality but if you're wearing headphones for long hours at home, comfort matters a lot.
Demoninja
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1190 Posts
December 19 2013 19:18 GMT
#4474
Lots of people getting M50s aha. I have them as well for about a year and a half now. They definitely sound good for the price but I agree with the concerns regarding comfort. The pads on mine have lost all of their softness and plushy feeling they're actually starting to crack. They'll probably feel way better if I change the pads and I think I'd be okay with the change in the sound for the added comfort. At home I have HD 598s and I barely even notice that I'm wearing headphones.
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
December 19 2013 19:39 GMT
#4475
On December 20 2013 04:18 Demoninja wrote:
Lots of people getting M50s aha. I have them as well for about a year and a half now. They definitely sound good for the price but I agree with the concerns regarding comfort. The pads on mine have lost all of their softness and plushy feeling they're actually starting to crack. They'll probably feel way better if I change the pads and I think I'd be okay with the change in the sound for the added comfort. At home I have HD 598s and I barely even notice that I'm wearing headphones.

different pad material. IIRC, people tried different pads for the M50 and in the end they always go back to stock pads. Unfortunately we have to live with replace them every year or 2 to get that softness back.
© Current year.
Demoninja
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1190 Posts
December 19 2013 20:14 GMT
#4476
Yeah, I heard that as well. I'll probably try out a sock mod first at the very least.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
December 19 2013 20:53 GMT
#4477
The creative aurvana live are pretty good comfort-wise, but seem more flimsy.
Build quality they don't stand in front of the M50s but quality wise they are not very far apart, it's a matter of taste really.

I've had them for a few years and they're still intact so I swear by them. The only issue is that the ear cups are not super large so if you have large ears they most likely won't fit in completely. Mine rest on the lobe on the bottom side.

Also, pro tip: Make sure the headphones rest on the top of the head (on the band) not on the ear cartilage. This usually means tightening them up a bit. It may feel a bit weird at first but if you experience pains at the ear level after a few hours of use, this is almost a guaranteed fix on most headphones.
This may cause slight discomfort on the headband region but it's not nearly as annoying as cartilage pain.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
December 24 2013 23:36 GMT
#4478
I think I'm in for another pair of headphones....

I've got the M50s, and they are really just not for me

What I am looking for:
Not too heavy, I'm guessing medium over ear headphones would be the correct term?
Not too tight/hot, one big problem with m50 was that they were pretty tight and hot after a while
Allow enough sound to permeate through, this may be weird, but I use headphones at work, and it's important that I hear other people when they talk to me
Use for shitty online music, don't need anything spectacular in the sound department, but should be very durable
50-150$, price not a big factor, lower the better obviously
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
December 24 2013 23:42 GMT
#4479
On December 25 2013 08:36 Cambium wrote:
I think I'm in for another pair of headphones....

I've got the M50s, and they are really just not for me

What I am looking for:
Not too heavy, I'm guessing medium over ear headphones would be the correct term?
Not too tight/hot, one big problem with m50 was that they were pretty tight and hot after a while
Allow enough sound to permeate through, this may be weird, but I use headphones at work, and it's important that I hear other people when they talk to me
Use for shitty online music, don't need anything spectacular in the sound department, but should be very durable
50-150$, price not a big factor, lower the better obviously


Looks like creative aurvana live fits the bill?
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Loxley
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Netherlands2480 Posts
December 29 2013 19:57 GMT
#4480
On December 25 2013 08:36 Cambium wrote:
I think I'm in for another pair of headphones....

I've got the M50s, and they are really just not for me

What I am looking for:
Not too heavy, I'm guessing medium over ear headphones would be the correct term?
Not too tight/hot, one big problem with m50 was that they were pretty tight and hot after a while
Allow enough sound to permeate through, this may be weird, but I use headphones at work, and it's important that I hear other people when they talk to me
Use for shitty online music, don't need anything spectacular in the sound department, but should be very durable
50-150$, price not a big factor, lower the better obviously


Already checked out the Sennheiser HD 558?
월요 날 재미있
Prev 1 222 223 224 225 226 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 175
ProTech141
ViBE93
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12750
910 80
NaDa 17
Dota 2
monkeys_forever351
canceldota126
League of Legends
Doublelift4421
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4365
Other Games
summit1g5132
C9.Mang0316
Liquid`Hasu265
JimRising 257
ToD196
JuggernautJason23
PPMD23
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 24
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 84
• poizon28 40
• musti20045 28
• RyuSc2 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21769
League of Legends
• Scarra978
Other Games
• imaqtpie1042
• Shiphtur603
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
OSC
18m
Big Brain Bouts
11h 18m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
18h 18m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
20h 18m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 11h
Patches Events
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.