• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:16
CEST 04:16
KST 11:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9923 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 225

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 223 224 225 226 227 244 Next
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
December 29 2013 20:57 GMT
#4481
On December 30 2013 04:57 Loxley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 25 2013 08:36 Cambium wrote:
I think I'm in for another pair of headphones....

I've got the M50s, and they are really just not for me

What I am looking for:
Not too heavy, I'm guessing medium over ear headphones would be the correct term?
Not too tight/hot, one big problem with m50 was that they were pretty tight and hot after a while
Allow enough sound to permeate through, this may be weird, but I use headphones at work, and it's important that I hear other people when they talk to me
Use for shitty online music, don't need anything spectacular in the sound department, but should be very durable
50-150$, price not a big factor, lower the better obviously


Already checked out the Sennheiser HD 558?

They look a little too big, I'm guessing I'm looking for something that's more in the portable size range, looking at hd 25 actually. Thoughts?
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
December 29 2013 21:15 GMT
#4482
Best get the Aurvana Live. They offer pretty much the best sound quality in your range.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
December 29 2013 22:42 GMT
#4483
HD25 clamps tight if you have a bigger head and doesn't look the greatest if you're into looks.

HD25 is best for hard rock, not really great for much else.
There is no one like you in the universe.
Loxley
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Netherlands2480 Posts
December 29 2013 23:21 GMT
#4484
Agreed with Cubedin; sounds like the Aurvana live is your best choice considering the demands.
월요 날 재미있
ranshaked
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States870 Posts
December 30 2013 02:00 GMT
#4485
Hi guys. I have AD700s. I play cod on the PC and I've notices that I can't tell where an enemy is very well on these maps due to how many levels they have. Everyone I've talked to has a sound card that does virtual surround or has surround sound headphones.


I hear there are two surround sound virtualization types.

I want to keep it below $100. If it means anything I also have Logitech z5000s
KenZee
Profile Joined December 2013
United States17 Posts
December 30 2013 03:25 GMT
#4486
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 last year in October, they came with free Beats headphones that I've been using ever since. They are the ones that go in your ear, I find them quite comfortable. They're comfortable because they come with the little cushion in your ear. I highly recommend them.

I use those for my phone and laptop mostly. For my desktop, I use some nice headphones I got from GameStop. They were like $10, but the quality is great and they come with the little cushion in my ear.
SwEEt[TearS]
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1575 Posts
December 30 2013 04:18 GMT
#4487
What's up guys?

Recently the Sennheiser HD555 headphones I bought 2-3 years ago died (audio jack broke when my cat got tangled in the wire , also breaking the audio port :/)

Now I really loved my HD555's for the use I made of them (casual gaming and listening to music, 3-5 hours a day total). They were really comfortable in terms of weight/fit and I couldn't complain about the quality of the audio (then again I'm no expert).

Finding HD555's is a pain in the ass so I'm starting to shop for new headphones (or maybe a headset...).

Any suggestions besides Sennheiser HD558?
#1 arb fan -- Raelcun is Nuclear backwards. Rekrul is Lurker backwards. Grobyc is Cyborg backwards. Eniram is Marine backwards.
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-30 08:07:19
December 30 2013 08:03 GMT
#4488
If the jack broke you can just reterminate with a new jack (i.e. cut the end of the cable, solder the correct wires to the new jack) or get someone to do it.
Demoninja
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1190 Posts
December 30 2013 10:49 GMT
#4489
On December 30 2013 11:00 ranshaked wrote:
Hi guys. I have AD700s. I play cod on the PC and I've notices that I can't tell where an enemy is very well on these maps due to how many levels they have. Everyone I've talked to has a sound card that does virtual surround or has surround sound headphones.

I hear there are two surround sound virtualization types.

I want to keep it below $100. If it means anything I also have Logitech z5000s


I'm no expert on AD700s but they're known for their sound stage, what exactly do you mean there's too many levels for you to properly hear where your opponents are?
boxerfred
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Germany8360 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-30 11:17:55
December 30 2013 11:17 GMT
#4490
Hey guys, sorry for jumping in that thread before reading those 225 pages that were written before. I have a serious question. I've been playing with low-budget headsets (30-50 euro) for ages, but I get headache quite a lot when wearing headsets too long. Since I'm having a child, I do not get to play that often, but when I do, it totally escalates to 4-6 hours. Can you guys give any advice for a comfort and smooth headset that provides good sound and is really great to wear while having a somewhat affordable price (let's say, 50-150 EU max)?

Edit: please note: I have absolutely NO idea about headsets being good or bad, so I have to rely totally on your advice and some online critics/reseach. Don't push me into some crap!
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
December 30 2013 11:46 GMT
#4491
On December 30 2013 13:18 SwEEt[TearS] wrote:
What's up guys?

Recently the Sennheiser HD555 headphones I bought 2-3 years ago died (audio jack broke when my cat got tangled in the wire , also breaking the audio port :/)

Now I really loved my HD555's for the use I made of them (casual gaming and listening to music, 3-5 hours a day total). They were really comfortable in terms of weight/fit and I couldn't complain about the quality of the audio (then again I'm no expert).

Finding HD555's is a pain in the ass so I'm starting to shop for new headphones (or maybe a headset...).

Any suggestions besides Sennheiser HD558?


Budget?

If you want a bit more oomph, you can try the HD598, or if you can stretch for some HD600/HD650s that would be even better quality-wise.

On December 30 2013 20:17 boxerfred wrote:
Hey guys, sorry for jumping in that thread before reading those 225 pages that were written before. I have a serious question. I've been playing with low-budget headsets (30-50 euro) for ages, but I get headache quite a lot when wearing headsets too long. Since I'm having a child, I do not get to play that often, but when I do, it totally escalates to 4-6 hours. Can you guys give any advice for a comfort and smooth headset that provides good sound and is really great to wear while having a somewhat affordable price (let's say, 50-150 EU max)?

Edit: please note: I have absolutely NO idea about headsets being good or bad, so I have to rely totally on your advice and some online critics/reseach. Don't push me into some crap!


Same advice as always in this budget, Creative Aurvana Live! / Audio Technica ATH-M50. The M50s do have some issues with comfort though so I would say CAL! is a better choice (slightly cheaper too), but comfort really depends mostly on your ear shape and such. Would be best if you could at least try some on before you buy them.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Thalandros
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Netherlands1151 Posts
December 30 2013 11:52 GMT
#4492
I can definately vouch for the HD598's for those of you who don't ''just'' listen to dubstep and want to move into mid-range headphones. This is the first dedicated headphones I've bought (Had a gaming headset/earbuds before) And I do have to say: These are probably the most comfortable you'll ever find. I'm wearing glasses and have no problem using them for 7 hours straight and they're actually so comfortable that you don't even notice them when you have them on for a while. Really soft, really comfortable. Also over ear, which is definately what I personally prefer. The sound it leaks isn't that bad actually. I've seen closed headphones/headsets leak WAY more. (My friend has a roccat Kave for example.) I listen to a variety of music but mostly punk, rock, metal and some soundtracks (from OCremix most of the time) and unless you're a basshead, you won't mind the not-super-powerful bass that's in these cans. It focuses more on the mids and a bit on the highs, I think. Definately a recommendation. :D
|| ''I think we have all experienced passion that is not in any sense reasonable.'' ||
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-30 12:23:24
December 30 2013 12:19 GMT
#4493
Yeah the only issue I have with the 598s is that, from what I understand, they use the same drivers as the 558, only the audio chamber is a bit modified (the price difference is not that great between them so I guess it makes sense).

You can remove the foam on the back of the drivers in a 558 and have a similar audio experience as with the 598 for a smaller price.


This may sound complicated but if you look at the video you will see that it's really not. It takes 3 screws to reach the back-end and remove the small piece of foam that blocks half of the earpiece for no obvious reason.
Just saying, if you don't mind tinkering with things, you might want to try this out.

Edit: Disclaimer - I'm not saying they will sound exactly like the HD598, I believe that even though they are the same drivers, the 598s might have better quality units (because I know sennheiser test their drivers just like processor manufacturers do), BUT, if you have the 558s already, you should definitely do this as the audio quality is going to improve.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-30 16:01:11
December 30 2013 16:01 GMT
#4494
On December 30 2013 20:52 Thalandros wrote:
I can definately vouch for the HD598's for those of you who don't ''just'' listen to dubstep and want to move into mid-range headphones. This is the first dedicated headphones I've bought (Had a gaming headset/earbuds before) And I do have to say: These are probably the most comfortable you'll ever find. I'm wearing glasses and have no problem using them for 7 hours straight and they're actually so comfortable that you don't even notice them when you have them on for a while. Really soft, really comfortable. Also over ear, which is definately what I personally prefer. The sound it leaks isn't that bad actually. I've seen closed headphones/headsets leak WAY more. (My friend has a roccat Kave for example.) I listen to a variety of music but mostly punk, rock, metal and some soundtracks (from OCremix most of the time) and unless you're a basshead, you won't mind the not-super-powerful bass that's in these cans. It focuses more on the mids and a bit on the highs, I think. Definately a recommendation. :D


Just going to note, they're not the most comfortable you'll ever find. But that's what lots of HD5XX owners say...
There is no one like you in the universe.
Teejing
Profile Joined January 2009
Germany1360 Posts
December 30 2013 16:57 GMT
#4495
On December 30 2013 20:17 boxerfred wrote:
Hey guys, sorry for jumping in that thread before reading those 225 pages that were written before. I have a serious question. I've been playing with low-budget headsets (30-50 euro) for ages, but I get headache quite a lot when wearing headsets too long. Since I'm having a child, I do not get to play that often, but when I do, it totally escalates to 4-6 hours. Can you guys give any advice for a comfort and smooth headset that provides good sound and is really great to wear while having a somewhat affordable price (let's say, 50-150 EU max)?

Edit: please note: I have absolutely NO idea about headsets being good or bad, so I have to rely totally on your advice and some online critics/reseach. Don't push me into some crap!


http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B007RMMYFI/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B000W6Y0JY/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00029MTMQ/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That is what i bought for 100€ a week ago and i can never go back, althou i havent really used the micro yet.


If you want to inform yourself here was a thread on teamliquid http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=319355

that also linked to

http://www.overclock.net/t/1014902/ocns-most-recommended-audio-products#post_13493402

I would advice to invest 30min and learn some basics about headphones/headsets at those 2 links.


Personally i was using a 30€ headset with onboard sound before and i was fine, but now i can compare the old with the new sound quality.
I have to admit i was quite shocked at the new sound. It seems my old system just mashed sounds together like a food mixer and the new system lets me hear the music like its meant to be heard.

In short, the sound is much more enjoyable, but you will get used to it making you unable to ever again enjoy music of lesser quality.



decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
December 30 2013 17:07 GMT
#4496
GF just got me shure SE215 IEMs and ultimate ears bluetooth speaker for xmas. Both are fantastic <3 Highly recommend the Shures in their price range.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
December 30 2013 17:10 GMT
#4497
Hey guys, I'm looking for a new headset for gaming, my headphones tend to have a much shorter lifespan than average so I'm trying to find a sub $40 headphones with a mic. Any suggestions?
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
smOOthMayDie
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States997 Posts
December 30 2013 17:39 GMT
#4498
I'm using the sennheiser momentum. Great cans.
twitch.tv/TKSaga twitter.com/TKSagaTV YT: Tinyurl.com/TKSaga
ranshaked
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States870 Posts
December 30 2013 17:57 GMT
#4499
On December 30 2013 19:49 Demoninja wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2013 11:00 ranshaked wrote:
Hi guys. I have AD700s. I play cod on the PC and I've notices that I can't tell where an enemy is very well on these maps due to how many levels they have. Everyone I've talked to has a sound card that does virtual surround or has surround sound headphones.

I hear there are two surround sound virtualization types.

I want to keep it below $100. If it means anything I also have Logitech z5000s


I'm no expert on AD700s but they're known for their sound stage, what exactly do you mean there's too many levels for you to properly hear where your opponents are?


The sound stage is GREAT. I hear everything, but due to the lack of surround sound it gets overlapped and I can't tell which sounds are coming from which way. I need a sound card for virtualization of surround sound to get the directionality better.

Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
December 30 2013 22:53 GMT
#4500
That's not lack of surround sound. It's lack of intelligence with whatever's managing sound. I get shitty sound all the time in games when some program's dicking around with the native audio output.

A lot of times in a game's audio settings, they'll be options to change how the sound is output depending on whether it's for 2.1 speakers, 5.1 speakers, 7.1 speakers, or headphones. When I listen through headphones when the output is set for speakers, I get all sorts of completely broken audio. Yeah, it's wide, but it's all over the place. Just set the output for headphones.
There is no one like you in the universe.
Prev 1 223 224 225 226 227 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings132
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 77
PiLiPiLi 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1953
Sharp 50
Bale 37
Dota 2
monkeys_forever535
NeuroSwarm202
League of Legends
Doublelift4513
Counter-Strike
taco 591
Other Games
summit1g7628
JimRising 560
C9.Mang0333
ViBE161
WinterStarcraft95
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick918
BasetradeTV178
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP89
• poizon28 34
• davetesta30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1144
• Shiphtur0
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 44m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 44m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 44m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 44m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.