• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:57
CEST 09:57
KST 16:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Dating: How's your luck? Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8118 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 205

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 203 204 205 206 207 244 Next
Vinand
Profile Joined September 2012
Netherlands159 Posts
January 31 2013 17:12 GMT
#4081
This is probably the best thing to read if you are interested in new ear buds...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-269-iems-compared-rha-ma-350-added-01-22-13

Have fun!
(me = currently owning a Sony XB500 <--- Great accuate but way overpowered bass, but that sounds awesome for games and movies, not so much for music, but the main reason i use this one is because of the amazing comfort.
For music --> Shure: SE215
CCa1ss1e
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3231 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-31 17:19:46
January 31 2013 17:19 GMT
#4082
I'm sure plenty of people have them, but my little brother got me the razer banshee about a year ago. Don't play as much games these days, but they're a pretty decent headset. I'm not the greatest at customizing the equalizer, but, I set the 2 sliders on the left up a little bit to add some bass.

They're bulky, but, I'd recommend them.

Just realized how many 'buts' are in this post.. heh.
~ The Ultimate Weapon
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
February 10 2013 05:01 GMT
#4083
Anyone recommend a pair of noise cancelling headphones around $100 USD? I had a pair of Sennheiser HD280 that I absolutely loved. They have lasted me about 6 years, but the earphones are pretty much completely fallen apart by now. My top priority is comfort, followed closely by amount of isolation.
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
February 10 2013 07:14 GMT
#4084
I'm so mad right now
I ordered DT250 pads off Amazon for my Sony MDR 7506

Then the pads are pleather instead of velour
wtf, and it's hard and uncomfortable
Just using my ripped sony pads
I even paid $25!
zzz...
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
BabyCrusher
Profile Joined June 2011
United States25 Posts
February 16 2013 04:14 GMT
#4085
I'm having a hard time choosing a new set of cans, so decided to get a few opinions from beloved TL ^_^

What will they be used for?
- I suppose you would call me.. a casual producer/DJ I guess? I've been working with electronic music for almost a decade and listen to a large amount of it, but also spend ample time with Classical and vocals in lossless. I have HS-80M's for monitors so I'm not looking for a headphone to fit that role (I don't prefer to mix down on cans anyway). HOWEVER, being military and having a whacked out schedule compared to others around me, I can't always use my main gear out of respect.

Can I get HD800's? Yes. Though I feel it would be an ignorant move to just go top of the line and slam down another 5k for an amp when in all honestly it wouldn't be used enough to justify.

What I'm looking for is something middle is. Good soundstage for classical and vocals that gives distinct seperation. Has enough punch if I feel like playing EDM or other heavyish genres through them. Probably the biggest thing.. comfort.. If I do choose to monitor with them (lets be honest, you don't need awesome accuracy for EDM, no one at a club is going to notice a damn difference) sessions can be several several hours. Last thing I want is a headache on top of a headache.

Two culprits I've zeroed in on.. Senn's HD598 and AKG's Q701. Yes, I've read other forums, and it seems like everyone owns both and loves both but all the opinions are so cluster effed that I just get annoyed reading.

If someone here has either, I would love an unbiased opinion and maybe a different recommendation. I'm not worried about a DAC, that's much easier to decide on IMO.

Thank you in advance <3
"Only in death are we truly free"
neo_sporin
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States516 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-16 07:12:07
February 16 2013 07:03 GMT
#4086
I broke my set last night...left ear is just hanging loose by the cord and it makes me sad. I couldnt find this thread last night to start looking for a new rig but now i am happy it showed up. Im going to take my set to work on Monday and try to super glue them for temporary, not happy about saying bye bye to money

Edit: had those phones almost 5 years...
TheQuiff
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Scotland91 Posts
February 18 2013 11:08 GMT
#4087
I was wondering can anyone advice me on a headphones/ headset.

I've particularry looking for a stylish headphones, that can be used walking about and travelling on a bus alot and i live in two houses. One for work and other with family.
Also would be using at work place, so dont wont look like a fool with a microphone handing out so mabye a detachable or retractable microphone. Also a decent sound quality, i do tend to like alot of bass which some find to there distaste.

I have come with 2 headsets right now both very different.

Razer kraken and RoG Vulcan.

if anyone has any other choices or opinion on my two current choices please feel to post.

Thanks
I'm Scottish, I'm not that scary
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
February 18 2013 11:24 GMT
#4088
What's your budget?

These looks pretty nice and got good reviews
http://www.amazon.com/AKG-Limited-Edition-Folding-Headphones/dp/B002NKZ5BY/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1361186597&sr=8-7&keywords=akg k81
The price fluctuates, but I wouldn't buy them over $60
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
TheQuiff
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Scotland91 Posts
February 18 2013 11:29 GMT
#4089
On February 18 2013 20:24 JSH wrote:
What's your budget?

These looks pretty nice and got good reviews
http://www.amazon.com/AKG-Limited-Edition-Folding-Headphones/dp/B002NKZ5BY/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1361186597&sr=8-7&keywords=akg k81
The price fluctuates, but I wouldn't buy them over $60


Nothing too crazy. I would be willing to save to get a really good set if they are worth it. Btw they must be over ear as it's what i like the most on ear dont particular do me any good for long periods.

So mabye just over £100 at most but the kraken and RoG were only like £70.
I'm Scottish, I'm not that scary
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
February 18 2013 11:57 GMT
#4090
I ordered a pair of 1964-Ears V3. Clear body + clear cable. Can't wait. Will post pictures and my opinion of the sound when I get them!
TheQuiff
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Scotland91 Posts
February 18 2013 15:13 GMT
#4091
Anyone have any ideas?
I'm Scottish, I'm not that scary
KO_SharpMind
Profile Joined January 2009
Canada277 Posts
February 18 2013 20:45 GMT
#4092
Hi TL,
So my old headphones broke and I'm looking for a new pair. Willing to spend about 70 max. They will mostly be used for gaming and skyping, or other general purposes on my PC. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good pair.
I am currently looking at the steel series Siberia V2
http://ncix.com/products/?sku=45743&vpn=51100&manufacture=Steelseries&promoid=1360
Act the way you'd like to be, and soon you'll be the way you act.
Frigo
Profile Joined August 2009
Hungary1023 Posts
February 22 2013 23:10 GMT
#4093
Superlux HD681 + velour pads + Fiio E07K as USB DAC + proper equalization to get rid of the excessive highs =

[image loading]

No, it's not even funny how it beats the hell out of both HD668B and ATH-M50, with the same Fiio DAC+AMP. It's an entirely different category.

Bass reaches deeply, soundstage is huge, highs are precise and lifelike, do not dither at all. It is pure joy to listen to music with it. Good with all kinds of music.

At the moment I'm using software EQ to calm the highs around 7.2kHz, but I bought almost all parts for a hardware filter. I expect a slight improvement in sound quality due to the better EQ when I'm done with it.

Also, I unhooked the rubber ring of the headband, so now the latter slides freely. It is now also the most comfortable headphone of mine.

Superlux is going to (or did already) release a new version, HD681EVO with detachable cable and tamed highs, if HD668B was a hit, this will be a blast with the force of a thousand suns.
http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Treasure_Chest
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
February 23 2013 02:48 GMT
#4094
I am ordering a pair of ad700s soon and was wondering if anyone can comment on positional audio in sc2? Is it there? Does it help?

I know I will love the cans because I hate strong bass, love a huge soundstage, and listen to alot of classical but I read these are the positional audio headphone king so was wondering if I will see that too.
DMZ
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada51 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-23 03:25:56
February 23 2013 03:23 GMT
#4095
On February 10 2013 14:01 Mohdoo wrote:
Anyone recommend a pair of noise cancelling headphones around $100 USD? I had a pair of Sennheiser HD280 that I absolutely loved. They have lasted me about 6 years, but the earphones are pretty much completely fallen apart by now. My top priority is comfort, followed closely by amount of isolation.



I got a pair of ATH M-50's during Christmas, and honestly the hype about them is well justified. I had a pair of HD280, but they were way too tight on my head. I find the M50's sound better and are more comfortable than the HD280 after I stretched the band out a bit (I have a pretty big head). The earcups are made of a nice leather/pleather? and fit pretty much perfectly over my ears (I got big ears). As far as isolation, they're in the same league as the HD280's, maybe slightly better. Pricewise they're right around your budget too on Amazon.


Head fi review: http://www.head-fi.org/products/audio-technica-ath-m50-studio-monitor-headphones#reviews
“May God have mercy for my enemies because I won't.”- George S. Patton
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-23 03:40:54
February 23 2013 03:38 GMT
#4096
On January 29 2013 04:49 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 04:07 Brutaxilos wrote:
On January 29 2013 03:17 wei2coolman wrote:
On January 28 2013 22:59 TheQuiff wrote:
Does anyone here use V-Moda Headphones. I've tried them but need someone else to help me

I've demo'd them before. They're too bass heavy for my taste. They're like Beats except without the same pricetag.

I've been using vmoda m80s for a few weeks now. I don't hear bass heavy at all. In fact it's almost too little bass IMO.

I'm not sure what kind of music you listen to, or your previous headphone experiences are, but they're far from "little bass", especially in comparison to neutral headphones. The issue wasn't just heavy bass though, it was muddled, the bass wasn't well defined either. But, if you're into that wubs stuff, then it might be okay for your purposes.


V-Moda M80 are really good. Don't even compare them to beats. My friend bought some Beats at the same time as I bought my M-80s and there was a huge difference in sound quality. I actually felt bad for my friend because I could see the disappointment in his eyes.

V-Moda Crossfades are are heavy on the bass, but thats what they are made for. And it not like Beats Bass, they actually sound great if your into EDM or other bass heavy music like reaggeaton.

V-Moda M80s though are more neutral EQ. Sound quality is amazing for On-Ear. And many consider it the best ON-EAR headphones.

FYI, personally I love TL, but this thread has alot of haters . Here's were I go for headphone reviews. It's the TL of headhones.

http://www.head-fi.org/
http://www.head-fi.org/t/578207/v-moda-crossfade-m-80-reviews

EDIT: Also V-Moda's are built like a Tank. I kid you not O_O. And Amazon usually have them the cheapest, but you lose the ability to customize them.
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
February 23 2013 04:23 GMT
#4097
On February 23 2013 12:38 GinDo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 04:49 wei2coolman wrote:
On January 29 2013 04:07 Brutaxilos wrote:
On January 29 2013 03:17 wei2coolman wrote:
On January 28 2013 22:59 TheQuiff wrote:
Does anyone here use V-Moda Headphones. I've tried them but need someone else to help me

I've demo'd them before. They're too bass heavy for my taste. They're like Beats except without the same pricetag.

I've been using vmoda m80s for a few weeks now. I don't hear bass heavy at all. In fact it's almost too little bass IMO.

I'm not sure what kind of music you listen to, or your previous headphone experiences are, but they're far from "little bass", especially in comparison to neutral headphones. The issue wasn't just heavy bass though, it was muddled, the bass wasn't well defined either. But, if you're into that wubs stuff, then it might be okay for your purposes.


V-Moda M80 are really good. Don't even compare them to beats. My friend bought some Beats at the same time as I bought my M-80s and there was a huge difference in sound quality. I actually felt bad for my friend because I could see the disappointment in his eyes.

V-Moda Crossfades are are heavy on the bass, but thats what they are made for. And it not like Beats Bass, they actually sound great if your into EDM or other bass heavy music like reaggeaton.

V-Moda M80s though are more neutral EQ. Sound quality is amazing for On-Ear. And many consider it the best ON-EAR headphones.

FYI, personally I love TL, but this thread has alot of haters . Here's were I go for headphone reviews. It's the TL of headhones.

http://www.head-fi.org/
http://www.head-fi.org/t/578207/v-moda-crossfade-m-80-reviews

EDIT: Also V-Moda's are built like a Tank. I kid you not O_O. And Amazon usually have them the cheapest, but you lose the ability to customize them.


They're not even close to neutral, I don't know how you would think or post that because it's very misleading.

The rest is fine. The M80 are great for their price.
There is no one like you in the universe.
frogmelter
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States971 Posts
February 23 2013 05:05 GMT
#4098
I work in a really noisy server room with tons of fans going off.

I notice that a lot of the people there use noise cancelling headphones.

Is there a good noise canceling headphone that isn't too expensive? [Let's say around sub 300, maybe 400 if it is really really worth it]

Thanks TL
TL+ Member
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-23 06:33:23
February 23 2013 06:32 GMT
#4099
On February 23 2013 14:05 frogmelter wrote:
I work in a really noisy server room with tons of fans going off.

I notice that a lot of the people there use noise cancelling headphones.

Is there a good noise canceling headphone that isn't too expensive? [Let's say around sub 300, maybe 400 if it is really really worth it]

Thanks TL

Among noise-canceling headphones where the noise-canceling actually works fairly well, the Bose (yeah, Bose) Quiet Comfort 15 are still I think one of the top contenders to beat. The price and sound quality aren't exactly the stuff of legends though.

You'll get better noise reduction just passively with some IEMs if you're okay with sticking stuff into the ear canals, though the best ones there require really deep insertion. For even better isolation, you can wear earmuffs / hearing protectors on top of those. Some non-vented models with moderate non "ear-raping" insertion may be effective enough already though. The deep-insertion stuff with 35+ dB of isolation can be found well well shy of $300. Etymotic MC5 is like $50, for example.
PerkyPenguin
Profile Joined December 2010
United States99 Posts
February 23 2013 07:16 GMT
#4100
I will have to join the buzz that V-Moda is causing. I have a pair of over-ear cross-fades and absolutely LOVE THEM! I wear them while working out and casually listening to music. They are very fashionable and can be tailored to your style. I've had them for close to one year with no problems so far. They feel great over my ears, and the adjustable band is very durable. There is even a Kevlar connection that is removable stemming from the headphones to the music playing device. I would hate to jinx myself now, but I think they are unbreakable.

As for the sound, it is pretty amazing to put simply. It doesn't have a heavy bass system in it, like others have wrote, but for me I feel like too much bass drowns out other musical notes you might miss. Cross-fades (I won't go as far as mentioning their other products, however I do assume they are similar) allow me to hear notes in songs that I did not know existed. It just brought an experience for me that I had not had before. For me, these headphones have been the most bang for my buck. I would recommend these too anyone, they are just a great pair of headphones.


Prev 1 203 204 205 206 207 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 600
Hyun 51
NotJumperer 39
Killer 36
Bale 34
scan(afreeca) 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto144
League of Legends
JimRising 482
Counter-Strike
ceh9546
edward49
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King100
Other Games
summit1g8450
olofmeister762
Coldzera 702
Happy271
Sick152
NeuroSwarm89
ViBE23
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick568
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2287
League of Legends
• Jankos984
• Stunt376
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 3m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3h 3m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
16h 3m
Patches Events
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.