• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:11
CEST 16:11
KST 23:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8763 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 204

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 202 203 204 205 206 244 Next
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
January 18 2013 22:33 GMT
#4061
On January 19 2013 07:31 buddahbrot wrote:
If you are on Windows try foobar2000, it's probably the best one around but you have to spend some time setting it up.

Alright looks good, thanks. Any tips for setting it up?
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
January 19 2013 16:29 GMT
#4062
VLC is also very good and simple
Plays a lot of video files too
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
McFeser
Profile Joined July 2011
United States2458 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-19 16:49:28
January 19 2013 16:39 GMT
#4063
On January 17 2013 15:44 Terranist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2013 07:36 McFeser wrote:
Thoughts on klipsch headphones? Image One II or the any of the earbuds


image x10 is really good. i put them below my se210 and even my audiofly af78 iems though considering the price point is similar or even higher. i got my x10 for $90 last black friday and sold them shortly after since i didn't like the fragile build as good as they sounded.

I can get the x10i for half off which is why I am considering them (still 175). I have their new over the ear headphones and think they are fairly good (insanely comfy) and right now am looking at what the next step is for headphones in 300-400 dollar range.

edit: Honestly, even thought I got the Image One II for half off, I should have gone with m50s from audiotechnica for twice the price. But like I said, the image headphones are remarkable comfy and portable.
Promethelax still hasn't changed his quote
KDot2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1213 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-19 21:28:27
January 19 2013 21:07 GMT
#4064
Im looking to upgrade my audio technica AD700s I like the way they feel and function but looking for something a bit better sound etc.

my budget is 200-300 any suggestions ?



edit: if it matters here is my sound card ... which it will be hooked to most of the time

HT | OMEGA STRIKER 7.1

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829271001
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-19 21:31:43
January 19 2013 21:25 GMT
#4065
For 200-300, the k701/2 are fantastic. A LOT of people just love it--it's really accurate, built extremely well, and generally a "gold standard" kind of headphones (i.e. something like the HD650s). This is just from me reading headfi and related forums though I'm not a super audiophile or particularly qualified or anything like that, but I just wanted to throw that out there because it seems to be a common theme that they're great. :> In terms of audio signature/fit, I'll leave it to someone else haha.

SO I'm finally in the market for some high quality headphones...about 100-200, I'd say... A while ago, I got the k240 studios which are supposed to be really comfortable and generally great, but for some reason they've been extremely uncomfortable. They would heat up and actually make my scalp itch for some reason...I don't know why. I *think* I have a small head, and I wear glasses, and both might kind of factor into it, but I don't know. My glasses do make me sort of sore when I wear the headphones, though I'm aware that the k240s are a rather loose fit.

Anyway, for that kind of budget and given the shocking lack of comfort with the k240s (;__;), any recommended headphones? I'd like them to be comfortable above all else and have rather balanced response. Also, should I invest in a DAC and/or an amp? I have a fiio e6 and just have a normal hp laptop sound card. Thanks in advance <3
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
ClysmiC
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2192 Posts
January 22 2013 23:16 GMT
#4066
I'm thinking of buying a headset with a mic for my computer so I can talk while I stream things without the computer's fan being audible. But I know pretty much nothing about headsets. I don't want anything special, just a simple, reliable headset + mic, preferably under 20 USD. Anyone familiar with any decent headsets or brands that come at that price?
Enyce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany43 Posts
January 22 2013 23:28 GMT
#4067
On January 23 2013 08:16 ClysmiC wrote:
I'm thinking of buying a headset with a mic for my computer so I can talk while I stream things without the computer's fan being audible. But I know pretty much nothing about headsets. I don't want anything special, just a simple, reliable headset + mic, preferably under 20 USD. Anyone familiar with any decent headsets or brands that come at that price?


Unter $20 you can pick anything you like, if it breaks just throw it away.

I would recommand a Logitech desktop microphone (Link - Mic) and a pair of solid headphones (e.g. Link - Headphones).
You will find plenty of good, basic headphones, if you read this thread.
When buying a seperate mic and seperate headphones you will get much higher quality and if sth. breaks or you want to upgrade, it is much easier to do so.
"There is nothing cooler than being passionate about the things you love." - Sean Plott
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
January 28 2013 06:02 GMT
#4068
FFFFFFFFFFFUCK

Just broke my new Sennheiser HD 429s that I got for Xmas. Hope my grandfather got a warranty on it...
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
Esoterikk
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1256 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-28 06:41:19
January 28 2013 06:36 GMT
#4069
Best suggestion for under 100$ over the ear headphones? I have the Seinheiser HD 350 right now but I am thinking of going with a desktop mic and going for some better quality sound. The thread seems to have a lot of different suggestions going back the few pages so I figure I would ask for some suggetions while I comb the last 100 pages.

I like a decent amount of bass with a really clean sound. Am I going to be able to get better sound than the hd 350s for under 100?

*edit* http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATHM50-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B000ULAP4U/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1355450666&sr=1-1&keywords=ath m-50&tag=tealiq-20

Thinking of just spending the extra 20$ and getting these thoughts?
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-28 06:40:08
January 28 2013 06:39 GMT
#4070
On January 19 2013 07:33 HazMat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2013 07:31 buddahbrot wrote:
If you are on Windows try foobar2000, it's probably the best one around but you have to spend some time setting it up.

Alright looks good, thanks. Any tips for setting it up?

Definitely suggest foo_playlist_revive, as a component.
also make sure to allow file operations when installing.
On January 28 2013 15:36 Esoterikk wrote:
Best suggestion for under 100$ over the ear headphones? I have the Seinheiser HD 350 right now but I am thinking of going with a desktop mic and going for some better quality sound. The thread seems to have a lot of different suggestions going back the few pages so I figure I would ask for some suggetions while I comb the last 100 pages.

I like a decent amount of bass with a really clean sound. Am I going to be able to get better sound than the hd 350s for under 100?

Sony MDR-V6.
liftlift > tsm
TheQuiff
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Scotland91 Posts
January 28 2013 13:59 GMT
#4071
Does anyone here use V-Moda Headphones. I've tried them but need someone else to help me
I'm Scottish, I'm not that scary
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
January 28 2013 18:17 GMT
#4072
On January 28 2013 22:59 TheQuiff wrote:
Does anyone here use V-Moda Headphones. I've tried them but need someone else to help me

I've demo'd them before. They're too bass heavy for my taste. They're like Beats except without the same pricetag.
liftlift > tsm
Brutaxilos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2634 Posts
January 28 2013 19:07 GMT
#4073
On January 29 2013 03:17 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2013 22:59 TheQuiff wrote:
Does anyone here use V-Moda Headphones. I've tried them but need someone else to help me

I've demo'd them before. They're too bass heavy for my taste. They're like Beats except without the same pricetag.

I've been using vmoda m80s for a few weeks now. I don't hear bass heavy at all. In fact it's almost too little bass IMO.
Jangbi favorite player. Forever~ CJ herO the King of IEM. BOMBERRRRRRRR. Sexy Boy Rogue. soO #1! Oliveira China Represent!
Twistacles
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1327 Posts
January 28 2013 19:19 GMT
#4074
On January 28 2013 15:36 Esoterikk wrote:
Best suggestion for under 100$ over the ear headphones? I have the Seinheiser HD 350 right now but I am thinking of going with a desktop mic and going for some better quality sound. The thread seems to have a lot of different suggestions going back the few pages so I figure I would ask for some suggetions while I comb the last 100 pages.

I like a decent amount of bass with a really clean sound. Am I going to be able to get better sound than the hd 350s for under 100?

*edit* http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATHM50-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B000ULAP4U/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1355450666&sr=1-1&keywords=ath m-50&tag=tealiq-20

Thinking of just spending the extra 20$ and getting these thoughts?


Under 100 there's the Sr80is or the SRH-440s that are pretty good, though at 130~ the Brainwavz HM5s, ATHm50 and SRH840 are all good choices (o and v-modas)
"If you don't give a shit which gum you buy, get stride" - Tyler
Quesadilla
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1814 Posts
January 28 2013 19:35 GMT
#4075
I just went to NAMM this past weekend and got to check out a lot of headsets. I walked away confirming the assumptions I made about the Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250ohm semi-open cans. Out of everything I heard, they were incredibly neutral which really excites me for studio monitoring and mixing applications. At 250ohm, it's right on the border but a headphone amp isn't needed--mobile production in mind. I'm also going to pick up a Focusrite VRM that emulates 24 room + system applications so I don't have to go to my car and other stereo systems 50 times to check my mixdowns or masters.

Definitely check them out: DT 880 Pro
Make a lot of friends. Wear good clothes. Drink good beer. Love a nice girl.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-28 20:39:48
January 28 2013 19:49 GMT
#4076
On January 29 2013 04:07 Brutaxilos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 03:17 wei2coolman wrote:
On January 28 2013 22:59 TheQuiff wrote:
Does anyone here use V-Moda Headphones. I've tried them but need someone else to help me

I've demo'd them before. They're too bass heavy for my taste. They're like Beats except without the same pricetag.

I've been using vmoda m80s for a few weeks now. I don't hear bass heavy at all. In fact it's almost too little bass IMO.

I'm not sure what kind of music you listen to, or your previous headphone experiences are, but they're far from "little bass", especially in comparison to neutral headphones. The issue wasn't just heavy bass though, it was muddled, the bass wasn't well defined either. But, if you're into that wubs stuff, then it might be okay for your purposes.
liftlift > tsm
Aphasie
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Norway474 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-28 20:07:47
January 28 2013 20:05 GMT
#4077
On January 19 2013 07:33 HazMat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2013 07:31 buddahbrot wrote:
If you are on Windows try foobar2000, it's probably the best one around but you have to spend some time setting it up.

Alright looks good, thanks. Any tips for setting it up?


I recommend using the DarkOne skin, its what im using and i think it looks slick as hell.

Here's how i have mine configured:
http://i.imgur.com/n9nNDnz.png
Edit I usually only have artists on scrolling screen, but i maximized it so genre and albums came up ;/
Brutaxilos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2634 Posts
January 29 2013 05:48 GMT
#4078
On January 29 2013 04:49 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 04:07 Brutaxilos wrote:
On January 29 2013 03:17 wei2coolman wrote:
On January 28 2013 22:59 TheQuiff wrote:
Does anyone here use V-Moda Headphones. I've tried them but need someone else to help me

I've demo'd them before. They're too bass heavy for my taste. They're like Beats except without the same pricetag.

I've been using vmoda m80s for a few weeks now. I don't hear bass heavy at all. In fact it's almost too little bass IMO.

I'm not sure what kind of music you listen to, or your previous headphone experiences are, but they're far from "little bass", especially in comparison to neutral headphones. The issue wasn't just heavy bass though, it was muddled, the bass wasn't well defined either. But, if you're into that wubs stuff, then it might be okay for your purposes.

It could be that they haven't been completely burned in yet, or that I just haven't been listening to things on high enough volume.
Jangbi favorite player. Forever~ CJ herO the King of IEM. BOMBERRRRRRRR. Sexy Boy Rogue. soO #1! Oliveira China Represent!
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
January 29 2013 19:30 GMT
#4079
I can't tell if this is a general thing with amps or just mine in general :p

I got a Nuforce HDP Silver, and something I noticed is that if I keep it plugged into any power at all, eventually it becomes really bad at powering my headphones. There's a noticeable difference in quality/volume if I leave it plugged in, even though the power is off.

Is this normal? :p
Bosu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3247 Posts
January 31 2013 17:08 GMT
#4080
Just ordered these yesterday.

http://www.earphonesolutions.com/westone-4r.html

Pretty pumped. Should arrive in time for me to enjoy them on a couple long plane rides.
#1 Kwanro Fan
Prev 1 202 203 204 205 206 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech122
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5535
Bisu 2940
Jaedong 1015
Soulkey 837
Horang2 591
EffOrt 543
Mini 393
actioN 348
Larva 305
ZerO 231
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 229
Yoon 127
Mind 93
Pusan 87
hero 80
Sea.KH 79
Shinee 71
Sharp 70
Snow 64
Dewaltoss 60
Hyun 60
Barracks 49
Bale 48
sorry 47
ToSsGirL 37
Sacsri 20
scan(afreeca) 17
Trap 17
NaDa 14
Rock 13
zelot 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Noble 9
Terrorterran 9
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc4765
qojqva2275
Dendi1025
Counter-Strike
Fnx 6
Other Games
olofmeister1380
hiko939
B2W.Neo706
Lowko337
crisheroes300
DeMusliM286
XBOCT232
Pyrionflax213
Liquid`VortiX186
Livibee184
Hui .180
QueenE87
Mew2King53
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1254
WardiTV858
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV670
League of Legends
• Jankos2128
• Nemesis2051
• TFBlade706
Other Games
• Shiphtur108
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 49m
Patches Events
1d 1h
The PondCast
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.