• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:21
CEST 07:21
KST 14:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7112 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 202

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 200 201 202 203 204 244 Next
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
January 03 2013 03:43 GMT
#4021
On January 03 2013 05:06 Kunkle wrote:
This has probably been asked before.
I want to buy new earbuds (I get static noise from my Apple earbuds and that drives me nuts). I use them for gaming/listening to music. I guess I use earbuds 90% of the time I'm on my PC. I don't have speakers and I don't want to use my big ass headset all the time, because I feel that it's uncomfortable after 2-3 hour long gaming sessions. I don't really know what I should look for so I wanted to ask you guys if you can recommend something nice. Budget is 80€ max.

Thank you in advance!

~Kunkle

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Phonak-Audeo-Perfect-Earphones-Microphone/dp/B003VO0ZF2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1357184522&sr=8-2

6 pounds over, but you may be able to find it cheaper else where.
© Current year.
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
January 04 2013 01:16 GMT
#4022
I think my head is growing. Tried to wear some Q702 or Q701 today and it doesn't fit! I swore it fit fine 1 or so years ago. I'm so sad now, of the DT880/K701/HD650, only the HD650 fits my head. TT
There is no one like you in the universe.
Quesadilla
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1814 Posts
January 04 2013 01:34 GMT
#4023
On January 02 2013 16:05 ArtofRuin wrote:
Hey TL, Christmas just ended and I made out with about 400$, most of which I want to spend on a new headset. These are gonna be purely for music listening, and I listen to a very wide variety of music, so I really want a headset that is a neutral as possible. I've been reading about various AKG models after being recommended by a friend, but I've noticed that a lot of people seem to think the lows aren't all that great with AKGs, and that's a no good for me. I don't really mind whether they are closed or open, does TL have any suggestions?

Also, I know very little about DACs and amps, but I am willing to spend the money to make sure I get the most out of my headphones.



I've been doing research for the past week on neutral sets with music production, mixing and mastering in mind. It really seems like the DT880 250ohm's (no amp) or the DT880 600ohm's (amp) might be the ultimate choice. They are rated and reviewed as extremely neutral and accurate, which for my application seems perfect. If you want something with more low-end, then you could consider the HD650's as they are a little more dynamic than the DT880's, but not by much. Again, this is all with neutrality in mind.
Make a lot of friends. Wear good clothes. Drink good beer. Love a nice girl.
Cheeseburgered
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States716 Posts
January 04 2013 01:36 GMT
#4024
If anyone has used a Sennheiser HD 380 pro, what do you think of them? They kind of came to me as a christmas present
CJ Entusman #58 | Gogogo Stats
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
January 04 2013 01:46 GMT
#4025
On January 04 2013 10:34 Quesadilla wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2013 16:05 ArtofRuin wrote:
Hey TL, Christmas just ended and I made out with about 400$, most of which I want to spend on a new headset. These are gonna be purely for music listening, and I listen to a very wide variety of music, so I really want a headset that is a neutral as possible. I've been reading about various AKG models after being recommended by a friend, but I've noticed that a lot of people seem to think the lows aren't all that great with AKGs, and that's a no good for me. I don't really mind whether they are closed or open, does TL have any suggestions?

Also, I know very little about DACs and amps, but I am willing to spend the money to make sure I get the most out of my headphones.



I've been doing research for the past week on neutral sets with music production, mixing and mastering in mind. It really seems like the DT880 250ohm's (no amp) or the DT880 600ohm's (amp) might be the ultimate choice. They are rated and reviewed as extremely neutral and accurate, which for my application seems perfect. If you want something with more low-end, then you could consider the HD650's as they are a little more dynamic than the DT880's, but not by much. Again, this is all with neutrality in mind.


What a world we're in when HD650 are now low end.
There is no one like you in the universe.
RawrAnOcean
Profile Joined February 2006
United States359 Posts
January 04 2013 16:05 GMT
#4026
Has anyone tried the Vsonic GR01? I think I'm finally at the end of my quest for the perfect headphones. GR07 were amazing and would be my ideal headphone IF I could get a proper fit. I tried different tips and nothing worked. I eventually sold them from frustration. I see that the GR01 have very similar sound but have a different fit. Anyone with experience with these two can comment?
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
January 05 2013 08:36 GMT
#4027
Holy shit, listening to Dark Side of the Moon, on my uncles HD 800's is literally orgasms in my ear. Brb getting these headphones.... With his Tube AMP the sound that comes out of these things is 1000x better than my ATH AD900's T_T;;; I wonder if he will sell his headphones for CHEAP!!!!!!!
Terranist
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2496 Posts
January 05 2013 08:58 GMT
#4028
On January 03 2013 05:06 Kunkle wrote:
This has probably been asked before.
I want to buy new earbuds (I get static noise from my Apple earbuds and that drives me nuts). I use them for gaming/listening to music. I guess I use earbuds 90% of the time I'm on my PC. I don't have speakers and I don't want to use my big ass headset all the time, because I feel that it's uncomfortable after 2-3 hour long gaming sessions. I don't really know what I should look for so I wanted to ask you guys if you can recommend something nice. Budget is 80€ max.

Thank you in advance!

~Kunkle


klipsch image x10
The Show of a Lifetime
phoenixfeather95
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
665 Posts
January 05 2013 09:10 GMT
#4029
What is the general consensus of Bose headphones here?
Good for the price? Overpriced? etc.

A few days ago was my birthday and my parents bought me the AE2 Bose headphones, so I was wondering how it compared to the other headphones here... ty ^^
@dbrisingr
whsper
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada48 Posts
January 05 2013 09:23 GMT
#4030
Are the Audio Technica AD700 worth it? I have 80$ credit at soundprofessionals I gotta use up
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
January 05 2013 15:51 GMT
#4031
In my quest to get better headphones, I ended up buying the Sennheiser HD 380 Pro headphones. I really love them, but I can't stand the cable. It's a huge, heavy, thick coiled cable and I really just want to buy a new one. I've tried several cheap solutions, but the adapter I'm using won't really stay in the jack and keeps giving me mono instead of stereo.

I'm thinking about buying a Bowers and WIlkins P5 replacement cable (I've heard that they work pretty well for this fix from Head-Fi). Does anyone know if I can just submit a question for a replacement cable, even if I haven't bought a P5?
McFeser
Profile Joined July 2011
United States2458 Posts
January 05 2013 16:56 GMT
#4032
What's the best format to have music in for listening purposes?
Promethelax still hasn't changed his quote
FliedLice
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany7494 Posts
January 05 2013 17:30 GMT
#4033
I've seen *.flac being thrown into these kinds of discussion more often than anything else.
Kevmeister @ Dota2
TheSwedishFan
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden608 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-05 19:37:28
January 05 2013 19:36 GMT
#4034
On January 06 2013 01:56 McFeser wrote:
What's the best format to have music in for listening purposes?

CD > FLAC > MP3 ( more or equal to 192 kbps and it's pretty much lossless)
Then there are he hippies that likes vinyl ...
"Suck it" - Kennigit 2012
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-05 19:50:59
January 05 2013 19:47 GMT
#4035
On January 06 2013 04:36 TheSwedishFan wrote:
CD > FLAC > MP3 ( more or equal to 192 kbps and it's pretty much lossless)
Then there are he hippies that likes vinyl ...

Vinyl > CD > FLAC > MP3 320kbps, anything lower I have no need to listen to on expensive headphones T_T

On January 06 2013 01:56 McFeser wrote:
What's the best format to have music in for listening purposes?



You can get alot of FLAC albums off of hdtracks,com, or you could find other ways of getting them

Assaulter
Profile Joined December 2010
Lithuania324 Posts
January 05 2013 19:51 GMT
#4036
Hey everyone, i've been looking to maybe buy the Sennheiser hd 598s, and from what i 've gathered they're really damn good, but i do not have a proper soundcard, is it still worth it?
Rollin
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia1552 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-05 20:06:35
January 05 2013 19:56 GMT
#4037
On January 06 2013 04:47 Boblhead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 04:36 TheSwedishFan wrote:
CD > FLAC > MP3 ( more or equal to 192 kbps and it's pretty much lossless)
Then there are he hippies that likes vinyl ...

Vinyl > CD > FLAC > MP3 320kbps, anything lower I have no need to listen to on expensive headphones T_T

'Vinyl' digital rips as they're called (24/96 as opposed to 16/44.1) vs the standard cd won't matter for listening (good to have if you're mastering though), unless the cd is mastered horribly, which isn't really the 16/44.1 format failing, it's the terrible sound engineers.

So really the list in terms of audible quality is vinyl ~= CD == FLAC > MP3/ogg vorbis. FLAC is the exact same form as the cd, 16 bit 44.1 kHz, that's why it's called lossless >.<

Mind you, 320k mp3 is commonly completely undistinguishable from a cd master for the general populace.

EDIT: And for the guy asking, flac is commonly considered the goto format because:
- It's more compact than .wav
- It's a bit-for-bit representation of the original CD, no quality loss from encoding/decoding to anything else of a similar vein, which makes it great for archival purposes
- It's been around for a while, and gained a large following early on, which made it rather widespread, and thus is supported on a wider range of portable devices
- It's very easy to decode too!

You could always be a weirdo and use .tak or something else esoteric if it suits your fancy.
Throw off those chains of reason, and your prison disappears. | Check your posting frequency timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/mytlnet/post_activity_img.php
Mistletoes
Profile Joined December 2012
50 Posts
January 05 2013 21:21 GMT
#4038
On January 05 2013 18:10 phoenixfeather95 wrote:
What is the general consensus of Bose headphones here?
Good for the price? Overpriced? etc.

A few days ago was my birthday and my parents bought me the AE2 Bose headphones, so I was wondering how it compared to the other headphones here... ty ^^

Overpriced. It's $150 according to amazon. Honestly, even if it was at $99 it's probably not even worth that much.
There are way better products out there that are $150 or less.
But, if you got it as a gift/present, well that's fine. It's just that at that price, there are headphones out there that are miles ahead of it. Some would suggest that you return them if you can and get a better one.
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-06 09:53:09
January 06 2013 09:48 GMT
#4039
Rollin is basically correct in everything up there. Haven't checked out the specific numbers, but everything looks okay.


On January 06 2013 04:51 Assaulter wrote:
Hey everyone, i've been looking to maybe buy the Sennheiser hd 598s, and from what i 've gathered they're really damn good, but i do not have a proper soundcard, is it still worth it?


You don't need a sound card for the headphones, but it would certainly make the headphones better. I would recommend going for the HD558 instead because the price difference between the two is not worth it, and you can make your cheaper headphones sound exactly the same with a simple mod later on.




On January 05 2013 18:10 phoenixfeather95 wrote:
What is the general consensus of Bose headphones here?
Good for the price? Overpriced? etc.

A few days ago was my birthday and my parents bought me the AE2 Bose headphones, so I was wondering how it compared to the other headphones here... ty ^^


Given that the Bose QC15, I think, was comparable to the M50, I don't imagine the AE2 would be around this level. It'll be better than probably what you've been used to, but the performance per price isn't the greatest. This doesn't really matter if you've never tried something better. If it was a gift, keep it, because it doesn't really matter. If you bought it, see if you could get a refund, because you could get something basically the same sound quality, but at maybe $80 instead with the Creative Aurvana Live!. I can't speak on build quality and comfort, but comfort looks good from reviews.


Mistletoes is exaggerating in "miles" above. All the decent headphones in the $100 range basically sound the same with varying sound signatures. As you move up to $200 is when you'll actually see a lot more refinement. $300 is usually where it peaks for the valued price-performance ratio.

Note that all my prices should reflect the (audiophile) street value of the top headphones in the category, not MSRP or even retail (though they may be the same sometimes). For example, the HD558 costs $160 at Amazon, but I would put them at $100-120, while the M50 costs $120 at Amazon and belongs in the $100-120 price range.

There is no one like you in the universe.
Assaulter
Profile Joined December 2010
Lithuania324 Posts
January 06 2013 11:56 GMT
#4040
On January 06 2013 18:48 Blisse wrote:
Rollin is basically correct in everything up there. Haven't checked out the specific numbers, but everything looks okay.



You don't need a sound card for the headphones, but it would certainly make the headphones better. I would recommend going for the HD558 instead because the price difference between the two is not worth it, and you can make your cheaper headphones sound exactly the same with a simple mod later on.




i heard about the mod, how do the headphones actually feel comfort-wise? are one of them better in that regard? I could probably get the 598s cheaper than the 558s here anyways
Prev 1 200 201 202 203 204 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1267
910 103
Hyun 81
NotJumperer 62
Bale 36
Noble 18
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto21
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King358
Other Games
summit1g7255
Coldzera 732
JimRising 608
WinterStarcraft371
PiGStarcraft241
C9.Mang0239
NeuroSwarm158
ViBE2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick668
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 35
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2154
League of Legends
• Lourlo1089
• Rush1052
• Stunt324
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 39m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5h 39m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
18h 39m
Patches Events
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.