• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:35
CEST 05:35
KST 12:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9351 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 203

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 201 202 203 204 205 244 Next
phoenixfeather95
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
665 Posts
January 06 2013 12:57 GMT
#4041
On January 06 2013 18:48 Blisse wrote:
Rollin is basically correct in everything up there. Haven't checked out the specific numbers, but everything looks okay.


Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 04:51 Assaulter wrote:
Hey everyone, i've been looking to maybe buy the Sennheiser hd 598s, and from what i 've gathered they're really damn good, but i do not have a proper soundcard, is it still worth it?


You don't need a sound card for the headphones, but it would certainly make the headphones better. I would recommend going for the HD558 instead because the price difference between the two is not worth it, and you can make your cheaper headphones sound exactly the same with a simple mod later on.




Show nested quote +
On January 05 2013 18:10 phoenixfeather95 wrote:
What is the general consensus of Bose headphones here?
Good for the price? Overpriced? etc.

A few days ago was my birthday and my parents bought me the AE2 Bose headphones, so I was wondering how it compared to the other headphones here... ty ^^


Given that the Bose QC15, I think, was comparable to the M50, I don't imagine the AE2 would be around this level. It'll be better than probably what you've been used to, but the performance per price isn't the greatest. This doesn't really matter if you've never tried something better. If it was a gift, keep it, because it doesn't really matter. If you bought it, see if you could get a refund, because you could get something basically the same sound quality, but at maybe $80 instead with the Creative Aurvana Live!. I can't speak on build quality and comfort, but comfort looks good from reviews.


Mistletoes is exaggerating in "miles" above. All the decent headphones in the $100 range basically sound the same with varying sound signatures. As you move up to $200 is when you'll actually see a lot more refinement. $300 is usually where it peaks for the valued price-performance ratio.

Note that all my prices should reflect the (audiophile) street value of the top headphones in the category, not MSRP or even retail (though they may be the same sometimes). For example, the HD558 costs $160 at Amazon, but I would put them at $100-120, while the M50 costs $120 at Amazon and belongs in the $100-120 price range.



Thanks for the detailed response.
I figured it was around the $100 range. However, given the fact that I live in Qatar (NO *GOOD* AUDIO / MUSIC SHOPS), I think it's not THAT bad of a deal.
^^
@dbrisingr
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-06 22:41:38
January 06 2013 22:30 GMT
#4042
On January 06 2013 20:56 Assaulter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 18:48 Blisse wrote:
Rollin is basically correct in everything up there. Haven't checked out the specific numbers, but everything looks okay.



You don't need a sound card for the headphones, but it would certainly make the headphones better. I would recommend going for the HD558 instead because the price difference between the two is not worth it, and you can make your cheaper headphones sound exactly the same with a simple mod later on.




i heard about the mod, how do the headphones actually feel comfort-wise? are one of them better in that regard? I could probably get the 598s cheaper than the 558s here anyways



The HD5XX series has really good comfort if they fit your head. I can't personally comment because they didn't fit my head (and I was scared of trying too hard in case I broke them), but from what I've heard and read, they're pretty good. + Show Spoiler +
Don't worry about size that much. Lots of headphones don't fit my head, lol.


Between the two, the difference seems to only be that the 598 has (p)leather padding on the headband. Whether this is actually significant is hard to say, but I wouldn't say the comfort difference of the two is ground breaking. Probably something you have to feel for yourself.

If you can get the 598s for cheap, you should find them enjoyable.

However, make sure you check out whether their sound signature is something you would enjoy beforehand, as always, and if possible, try them out before buying. If you think you might prefer some more bass, see if the Beyerdynamic DT770 is available in your region, and if their prices are comparable.
There is no one like you in the universe.
Doko
Profile Joined May 2010
Argentina1737 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-06 23:54:34
January 06 2013 23:43 GMT
#4043
A friend that is buying overseas asked for something good in the 75-150 range, reason being he doesn't read english very well. Believe me.... I know you should never buy a peripheral without actually listening/watching/feeling it but in this case I don't have much of a choice.

After reading for a little bit It seems that in that price range Audio Technica M50 are pretty good. As for an open version would a Sennheiser hd 558 be a comparable choice as far as quality/price goes? Any information about build quality if you've owned em for a long time is appreciated.

I've never tried either of these 2 so I'm a bit reluctant to just say ..."here bro go spend 100u$s on this thing I've only read about"... Been using a pair of Technics RP-DJ1200 myself for almost 10 years that if somehow by some act of god broke, I'd instantly go out and buy another pair cause I love. If it helps my friend could listen to Led Zeppelin 24/7 and will probably be hooking them to an electric piano that he plays (amateur stuff, nothing serious).

Edit: Had the wrong idea about the HD558's price. Need an open alternative that matches the m50's.
Mondieu
Profile Joined November 2011
Romania803 Posts
January 10 2013 00:46 GMT
#4044
Hi. Could you reccoment me a good headsets that have a mic and are also good for listening music ? Basically a gaming headsets but that are quite good for music as well. The budget would be around 50 euros/70 dollars tops I guess. Cheers.
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-10 18:15:48
January 10 2013 18:14 GMT
#4045
@Mondieu
Try: http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-HA-RX700-Deep-Bass-Headphones/dp/B0019H7S44/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357841594&sr=8-1
With: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zalman-ZM-MIC1-microphone/dp/B00029MTMQ/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357841618&sr=8-1-spell

You can upgrade to RX900 if you are willing to spend more, but some people like the RX700 better



On another note...
So apparently the drivers of my GR-07 got uh wet...
I tried drying it off with a piece of cloth but it didn't work out too well, and I was afraid I might damage it

I didn't listen to it for a while, and I turned it on my mp3 player and I thought the snare drum was kind of less snappy
I didn't think much of it but I took off the tips for some cleaning and lo and behold, I found water in there ;_;
It kind of had the same green rusty coating on it like how the cables turn green, so I tried to clean it off the best I could and I got the green thing off, but the inside is still wet.

So I tried listening to some other songs and found that a lot of the high frequency is toned down quite a bit
Like GR07 has sibilance problem on certain tracks, but it was pretty much all but gone except for a tiny bit
I turned on the most sibilance inducing song I knew and it was listenable without much pain D:
+ Show Spoiler +


Seems like the other sound spectrum wasn't affected too much, or I haven't listened enough
I'm kind of sad right now because I like my headphones bright and these weren't that bright to begin with
Snare drum lost a lot of its snappy sound that I really liked
Sounds more dark now :<

I'm leaving it out to air dry right now but I am worried it was damaged and or won't return to the way it was
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
DarthGoose
Profile Joined July 2010
United States14 Posts
January 16 2013 22:01 GMT
#4046
I am looking to buy a reasonable pair of earbuds so that I can wear them while I work in lab (I am a chemistry graduate student) without the bulkiness of by over ear cans. I am looking for something under $100 with reasonable sound - the caveat is that every pair of in ear buds I have had before were too tight even with the smallest caps on. Any recommendations for someone with apparently smaller than average ear holes?
McFeser
Profile Joined July 2011
United States2458 Posts
January 16 2013 22:36 GMT
#4047
Thoughts on klipsch headphones? Image One II or the any of the earbuds
Promethelax still hasn't changed his quote
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-17 12:11:59
January 17 2013 06:20 GMT
#4048
Okay so I just bought my 1st pair of good headphones. V-Moda M-80. I'm scared. $150 is alot for me.

Any comforting opinions?

EDIT: some people were a little confused. They are being delivered. So i dont have them yet. . Anyone have experiance with them? Did i do a good buy? How do they compare to Bose AE2?
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-17 06:39:12
January 17 2013 06:34 GMT
#4049
On January 17 2013 15:20 GinDo wrote:
Okay so I just bought my 1st pair of good headphones. V-Moda M-80. I'm scared. $150 is alot for me.

Any comforting opinions?

have a listen? It's one of the more recommended on ear headphones out there today.

On January 17 2013 07:36 McFeser wrote:
Thoughts on klipsch headphones? Image One II or the any of the earbuds

Try out the Shure SE215. I thought the S4 was absolute garbage (quite muffled imo and bass heavy). Owned it for a couple days and thought the only good thing about them was the ear tips.
© Current year.
Brutaxilos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2634 Posts
January 17 2013 06:42 GMT
#4050
Does anyone have any advice regarding burning in headphones? I'm currently playing a file I found online with fuzzy noise and other types of noises.

From you guys' experience what is the best way?
Jangbi favorite player. Forever~ CJ herO the King of IEM. BOMBERRRRRRRR. Sexy Boy Rogue. soO #1! Oliveira China Represent!
Terranist
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2496 Posts
January 17 2013 06:44 GMT
#4051
On January 17 2013 07:36 McFeser wrote:
Thoughts on klipsch headphones? Image One II or the any of the earbuds


image x10 is really good. i put them below my se210 and even my audiofly af78 iems though considering the price point is similar or even higher. i got my x10 for $90 last black friday and sold them shortly after since i didn't like the fragile build as good as they sounded.
The Show of a Lifetime
TangYiChen
Profile Joined March 2011
Korea (South)195 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-17 06:50:16
January 17 2013 06:49 GMT
#4052
I just got my DT 770 pro 80s. Burning them in atm. Also waiting for my E11 amp to arrive. I also am using my friend's TF10 with some really nice 3rd party cords (not sure which one, were around $200 apparently).

[image loading]
Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.
Trizz
Profile Joined June 2010
Netherlands1323 Posts
January 17 2013 06:56 GMT
#4053
On January 17 2013 15:49 TangYiChen wrote:
I just got my DT 770 pro 80s. Burning them in atm. Also waiting for my E11 amp to arrive. I also am using my friend's TF10 with some really nice 3rd party cords (not sure which one, were around $200 apparently).
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


I have the DT 700 pro 80s too, amazing headphones.

nope
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
January 17 2013 07:12 GMT
#4054
On January 17 2013 15:42 Brutaxilos wrote:
Does anyone have any advice regarding burning in headphones? I'm currently playing a file I found online with fuzzy noise and other types of noises.

From you guys' experience what is the best way?


Listen to music
© Current year.
My_Fake_Plastic_Luv
Profile Joined March 2010
United States257 Posts
January 17 2013 07:52 GMT
#4055
Heyo stream... I'm been thinking about buying some nice headphones (mostly for music from my computer or ipod). However I'm really hard on earbuds I've been currently buying. Destroyed about 5 pairs this year from sticking them into my pockets, my backpack, falling asleep in them, accidentally yanking the wires etc. Usually the wire breaks at the point it enters the ear bud part or the plug in part. Any recommendations for some mid-line headphones that are more or less indestructible?
Its going to be a glorious day, I feel my luck could change
RawrAnOcean
Profile Joined February 2006
United States359 Posts
January 17 2013 16:47 GMT
#4056
On January 17 2013 16:52 My_Fake_Plastic_Luv wrote:
Heyo stream... I'm been thinking about buying some nice headphones (mostly for music from my computer or ipod). However I'm really hard on earbuds I've been currently buying. Destroyed about 5 pairs this year from sticking them into my pockets, my backpack, falling asleep in them, accidentally yanking the wires etc. Usually the wire breaks at the point it enters the ear bud part or the plug in part. Any recommendations for some mid-line headphones that are more or less indestructible?


Shure SE215. Build quality on them are awesome. Thick sturdy de-attachable cables. I use them for working out and I hit them all the time yanking them off my phone. Also they sound great.
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
January 17 2013 17:04 GMT
#4057
Thinking about upgrading from my Denon d7000.

Any recommendations for under $1k?
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
January 18 2013 22:22 GMT
#4058
This is a really dumb question but what is a good media player for .flac files? All I know of is iTunes (which doesn't support it) and Winamp which I had a lot of bad experiences and would rather stay away from if possible (kept deleting my library, super frustrating). Though if Winamp is the best option I guess I'll give it a third chance.

It seems like such a basic question but for some reason I've never had a good recommendation for a way to play my music from anyone.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
Mordanis
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States893 Posts
January 18 2013 22:29 GMT
#4059
I was in the same situation and have found media monkey to be pretty good and it supports flac. I can't say too much more because I've only had it now for about a week and Most of my music is in google play and I haven't bothered to redownload it after reinstalling windows a while back...
I love the smell of napalm in the morning... it smells like... victory. -_^ Favorite SC2 match ->Liquid`HerO vs. SlayerS CranK g.1 @MLG Summer Championship
buddahbrot
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany47 Posts
January 18 2013 22:31 GMT
#4060
If you are on Windows try foobar2000, it's probably the best one around but you have to spend some time setting it up.
Prev 1 201 202 203 204 205 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 185
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1928
GuemChi 1396
NotJumperer 144
910 74
Bale 34
ajuk12(nOOB) 18
Terrorterran 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm185
febbydoto14
Counter-Strike
taco 476
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King51
Other Games
summit1g8000
Doublelift1818
JimRising 601
C9.Mang0367
PiGStarcraft293
WinterStarcraft269
Maynarde122
Coldzera 41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1010
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream21
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo713
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 25m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
7h 25m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
20h 25m
Patches Events
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.