• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:13
CEST 15:13
KST 22:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)43Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8718 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 175

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 173 174 175 176 177 244 Next
SamuraiSEA
Profile Joined June 2012
Japan89 Posts
June 09 2012 13:54 GMT
#3481
Are there any earphone users here? I have been using earphones for years seeing I find them much easier to use when in public.

But the problem is all of my earphones don't even last a month, and I really do appreciate good quality sound...

I bought some Bose IE2 earphones which although having very nice sound broke after 2 weeks of casual use... Then I went onto Klipsch which lasted for a month and now I have downgrading to Sennheisers...

Anyone know a good earphone which has great sound along with great durability?

I was thinking of getting some Atomic Floyds -> http://www.atomicfloyd.com/
SometimesIworkout
Profile Joined June 2012
Cambodia75 Posts
June 09 2012 13:57 GMT
#3482
currently using my roommate's 25 cent xbox headset... snapped off the cheap microphone but am still mistaken for a millenium falcon pilot when I go for early morning jogs
"my upper chest is weak" "you have no upper chest"
Vin{MBL}
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
5185 Posts
June 09 2012 13:59 GMT
#3483
So my MDR-V6 broke: Sound only comes out from one side, but it doesnt seem to be a broken wire because no wiggle fixes it. How hard is this to repair? Or should I just ditch it for a new pair?
ThePurist
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada686 Posts
June 09 2012 14:20 GMT
#3484
On June 09 2012 22:54 SamuraiSEA wrote:
Are there any earphone users here? I have been using earphones for years seeing I find them much easier to use when in public.

But the problem is all of my earphones don't even last a month, and I really do appreciate good quality sound...

I bought some Bose IE2 earphones which although having very nice sound broke after 2 weeks of casual use... Then I went onto Klipsch which lasted for a month and now I have downgrading to Sennheisers...

Anyone know a good earphone which has great sound along with great durability?

I was thinking of getting some Atomic Floyds -> http://www.atomicfloyd.com/



Hardcore earphone user here.

What do you mean 'break' - is it channel imba/driver issues/connection issues/jack issues any specifics would be useful.
Most earphones/IEMs have problems near the connectors of the jack and L and R shell area.

I think the Shure SE215 might be good for you with its detachable cables. It's actually a great IEM for $100 price point much better than the Bose IE2 and S4 imho.

You can find them for $80 sometimes :3
ThePurist
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada686 Posts
June 09 2012 14:26 GMT
#3485
On June 09 2012 22:59 Vin{MBL} wrote:
So my MDR-V6 broke: Sound only comes out from one side, but it doesnt seem to be a broken wire because no wiggle fixes it. How hard is this to repair? Or should I just ditch it for a new pair?


Doesn't necessarily mean that it's a broken wire but it could be the solder joints in the jack could be faulty. As long as the drivers are good - heatshrink + lighter (heat gun) + soldering iron + solder + flux + new jack should do the trick.

1. Like you said if you wiggle the cable and the 1 channel is still dead, try replacing the old jack.
2. If this doesn't fix it - you can re-cable the whole thing by removing your old cable and replacing it with one of your choice (a bit more work but still not difficult).

If those two things above do not work and the channel is still not working then you can assume the driver is faulty.

On a 1-10 scale difficulty it's like a 3 for soldering a new jack, and 5 for re-cabling.

Hope it halps.
ThePurist
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada686 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-09 14:29:10
June 09 2012 14:28 GMT
#3486
On June 09 2012 19:35 Thylacine wrote:
I was lucky enough to lay my hands on these babies. Perfect mic and sick bass + crisp HD sound.
It's called Deltaco HL-33 in case anyone wanna buy a similar one.
Note: This is the most price worthy gaming headset on the market, mine costed 5 € in store.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I wish they sold them in Canada I would probably pick one up just to see how good it is under $10 :D
ThePurist
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada686 Posts
June 09 2012 14:31 GMT
#3487
On June 09 2012 22:38 Nefariously wrote:
Might be a little off topic, but is this a good soundcard? http://www.amazon.com/Creative-SB0880-Express-Blaster-Titanium/dp/B001E25KDK

Also, will I need an amplifier along with these for my 598's?


Dunno about soundcard but what is your source for your 598s? You won't need an amplifier but on mobile devices it might be a tad quiet.
Melter
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Bulgaria67 Posts
June 09 2012 14:34 GMT
#3488
What are your guys' opinion on the TTesports Shock headphones?
bK-
Profile Joined June 2012
United States326 Posts
June 09 2012 14:35 GMT
#3489
Currently I am sporting the Razer Banshee and well rather unstatisfied with it. I am looking for a pair of cans that have a very good quality microphone. Anyone got any ideas where I can find a headset that is built for quality?!
We all want to live by each other's happiness, not by each other's misery. We don't want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone and the earth is rich and can provide for everyone.
Vin{MBL}
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
5185 Posts
June 09 2012 14:40 GMT
#3490
Thanks for the info ThePurist.

I might still be in the market for another pair of headphones. I like the style of the Grado SR60/80, but i listen to a variety of music, not only rock. Would they really sound that badly with trance/rap? Also is the treble brighter than the MDR V6?
LanTAs
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1091 Posts
June 09 2012 14:48 GMT
#3491
On June 09 2012 15:59 nohbrows wrote:
So I am currently looking around for a headphone and after some research and sniffing around on various websites, my head was swimming from information that I rarely understood and was often quite daunting and scary. so I was wondering if the good people of TL could help.

I read through the thread, and I saw that Audio-Technica seems to be recommended quite a bit, but was wondering if my needs and wants justified buying an Audio technica head set. And

Anyways, this is my personal preferences:
  • I'm not an audiophile of any sort, but I do like to have quality of sound.
  • I need something portable and lightweight. Or at least portable enough where if I'm sitting alone at the library or lounging around in the coffeeshop, I can whip them out of storage relatively easily and listen. And where I can walk around with them while listening (it's unsafe, I know, but I like to do it.) And looking at a lot of the over the ear headphones, they seem rather, unwieldy.
  • My main device for listening is either going to be a notebook computer, iPod, or a phone (HTC Droid Incredible, might turn into an iPhone down the road if I upgrade). I read that some headphones require amps to go with them, and although I'd prefer not to carry around an amp with me (no matter how small), I'd be fine with one if I have to, as long as I can fit it in my budget.
  • It has to be over-the-ear. On-ears or In-ears are a no go because, well, my ears react really bad to them (like, infections).
  • I listen to a wide range of music, from Classical to Electronic, so i guess a versatile sound?
  • And my budget in total, is around $150 max, give or take $20
  • I have a relatively small head. Like, I can take any headphone out of the box or try on any at a Bestbuy or something, and I never have to adjust the band bigger than like, one click, from the starting position, so comfort in terms of size really isn't a problem (because I see a lot of people complain about headphones being too small or too tight).


Sorry if my post seems repetitive or my question has already been asked. Just I've lurked this thread before, and you guys seem like knowledgable people, so I came here to ask my question. ^-^

So what would be a good headphone for me?

Oh, and thank you, oh headphone enthusiasts of TL, for steering me away from buying a "gaming headset." I read through the thread and was persuaded not to get a siberia V2.


For $150, go for Shure Se315 , the best mid tones IMO around the price range (for over ears). I know, I know, they are in ear but honestly foam tips are wayyy more comfortable than you think. I used to steer away from IEMs because of crappy plastic tips but foam makes a really big difference. Shure SE215 are $100 but they deliver more bass but don't have the classic shure mid tones. Westone ones are the most comfortable I have ever worn($120) but their sound is more focused on highs and mids.

Or just get audio technica ath m50. you can't get wrong with those
LanTAs
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1091 Posts
June 09 2012 14:55 GMT
#3492
On June 09 2012 23:35 bK- wrote:
Currently I am sporting the Razer Banshee and well rather unstatisfied with it. I am looking for a pair of cans that have a very good quality microphone. Anyone got any ideas where I can find a headset that is built for quality?!


meh. grab some good cans and use a ten dollar mic. gaming headsets are usually marketed towards gamers and they usually have shit audio quality. I use a pair of great hand me downs from my bro (ath ad700 graciously handed down after a year or two of use) and a cheap 20 dollar webcam as my mic.
ThePurist
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada686 Posts
June 09 2012 15:01 GMT
#3493
On June 09 2012 23:48 LanTAs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2012 15:59 nohbrows wrote:
So I am currently looking around for a headphone and after some research and sniffing around on various websites, my head was swimming from information that I rarely understood and was often quite daunting and scary. so I was wondering if the good people of TL could help.

I read through the thread, and I saw that Audio-Technica seems to be recommended quite a bit, but was wondering if my needs and wants justified buying an Audio technica head set. And

Anyways, this is my personal preferences:
  • I'm not an audiophile of any sort, but I do like to have quality of sound.
  • I need something portable and lightweight. Or at least portable enough where if I'm sitting alone at the library or lounging around in the coffeeshop, I can whip them out of storage relatively easily and listen. And where I can walk around with them while listening (it's unsafe, I know, but I like to do it.) And looking at a lot of the over the ear headphones, they seem rather, unwieldy.
  • My main device for listening is either going to be a notebook computer, iPod, or a phone (HTC Droid Incredible, might turn into an iPhone down the road if I upgrade). I read that some headphones require amps to go with them, and although I'd prefer not to carry around an amp with me (no matter how small), I'd be fine with one if I have to, as long as I can fit it in my budget.
  • It has to be over-the-ear. On-ears or In-ears are a no go because, well, my ears react really bad to them (like, infections).
  • I listen to a wide range of music, from Classical to Electronic, so i guess a versatile sound?
  • And my budget in total, is around $150 max, give or take $20
  • I have a relatively small head. Like, I can take any headphone out of the box or try on any at a Bestbuy or something, and I never have to adjust the band bigger than like, one click, from the starting position, so comfort in terms of size really isn't a problem (because I see a lot of people complain about headphones being too small or too tight).


Sorry if my post seems repetitive or my question has already been asked. Just I've lurked this thread before, and you guys seem like knowledgable people, so I came here to ask my question. ^-^

So what would be a good headphone for me?

Oh, and thank you, oh headphone enthusiasts of TL, for steering me away from buying a "gaming headset." I read through the thread and was persuaded not to get a siberia V2.


For $150, go for Shure Se315 , the best mid tones IMO around the price range (for over ears). I know, I know, they are in ear but honestly foam tips are wayyy more comfortable than you think. I used to steer away from IEMs because of crappy plastic tips but foam makes a really big difference. Shure SE215 are $100 but they deliver more bass but don't have the classic shure mid tones. Westone ones are the most comfortable I have ever worn($120) but their sound is more focused on highs and mids.

Or just get audio technica ath m50. you can't get wrong with those


Heard all of the Shure SE line up - I must say that the 215 is the best for sound/value. It even sports the same cable removable mmcx connectors. I don't think the SE315 are worth the $50 imho.
nohbrows
Profile Joined February 2011
United States653 Posts
June 09 2012 15:48 GMT
#3494
On June 10 2012 00:01 ThePurist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2012 23:48 LanTAs wrote:
On June 09 2012 15:59 nohbrows wrote:
So I am currently looking around for a headphone and after some research and sniffing around on various websites, my head was swimming from information that I rarely understood and was often quite daunting and scary. so I was wondering if the good people of TL could help.

I read through the thread, and I saw that Audio-Technica seems to be recommended quite a bit, but was wondering if my needs and wants justified buying an Audio technica head set. And

Anyways, this is my personal preferences:
  • I'm not an audiophile of any sort, but I do like to have quality of sound.
  • I need something portable and lightweight. Or at least portable enough where if I'm sitting alone at the library or lounging around in the coffeeshop, I can whip them out of storage relatively easily and listen. And where I can walk around with them while listening (it's unsafe, I know, but I like to do it.) And looking at a lot of the over the ear headphones, they seem rather, unwieldy.
  • My main device for listening is either going to be a notebook computer, iPod, or a phone (HTC Droid Incredible, might turn into an iPhone down the road if I upgrade). I read that some headphones require amps to go with them, and although I'd prefer not to carry around an amp with me (no matter how small), I'd be fine with one if I have to, as long as I can fit it in my budget.
  • It has to be over-the-ear. On-ears or In-ears are a no go because, well, my ears react really bad to them (like, infections).
  • I listen to a wide range of music, from Classical to Electronic, so i guess a versatile sound?
  • And my budget in total, is around $150 max, give or take $20
  • I have a relatively small head. Like, I can take any headphone out of the box or try on any at a Bestbuy or something, and I never have to adjust the band bigger than like, one click, from the starting position, so comfort in terms of size really isn't a problem (because I see a lot of people complain about headphones being too small or too tight).


Sorry if my post seems repetitive or my question has already been asked. Just I've lurked this thread before, and you guys seem like knowledgable people, so I came here to ask my question. ^-^

So what would be a good headphone for me?

Oh, and thank you, oh headphone enthusiasts of TL, for steering me away from buying a "gaming headset." I read through the thread and was persuaded not to get a siberia V2.


For $150, go for Shure Se315 , the best mid tones IMO around the price range (for over ears). I know, I know, they are in ear but honestly foam tips are wayyy more comfortable than you think. I used to steer away from IEMs because of crappy plastic tips but foam makes a really big difference. Shure SE215 are $100 but they deliver more bass but don't have the classic shure mid tones. Westone ones are the most comfortable I have ever worn($120) but their sound is more focused on highs and mids.

Or just get audio technica ath m50. you can't get wrong with those


Heard all of the Shure SE line up - I must say that the 215 is the best for sound/value. It even sports the same cable removable mmcx connectors. I don't think the SE315 are worth the $50 imho.


Audio technicas really that good huh?
I.guess ill consider the in ears but I'd rather steer clear of those cuz I get these really annoying cysts in ear.
Thanks for the information though!
Seizon Senryaku!
Thylacine
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden882 Posts
June 09 2012 16:27 GMT
#3495
On June 09 2012 23:28 ThePurist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2012 19:35 Thylacine wrote:
I was lucky enough to lay my hands on these babies. Perfect mic and sick bass + crisp HD sound.
It's called Deltaco HL-33 in case anyone wanna buy a similar one.
Note: This is the most price worthy gaming headset on the market, mine costed 5 € in store.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I wish they sold them in Canada I would probably pick one up just to see how good it is under $10 :D



They are perfect, trust me and you can order them online .
What you're looking at could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn't. It's the beginning. Introducing Mr. John Valentine, air traveler. His destination: the Twilight Zone...
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
June 09 2012 16:49 GMT
#3496
On June 10 2012 00:48 nohbrows wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2012 00:01 ThePurist wrote:
On June 09 2012 23:48 LanTAs wrote:
On June 09 2012 15:59 nohbrows wrote:
So I am currently looking around for a headphone and after some research and sniffing around on various websites, my head was swimming from information that I rarely understood and was often quite daunting and scary. so I was wondering if the good people of TL could help.

I read through the thread, and I saw that Audio-Technica seems to be recommended quite a bit, but was wondering if my needs and wants justified buying an Audio technica head set. And

Anyways, this is my personal preferences:
  • I'm not an audiophile of any sort, but I do like to have quality of sound.
  • I need something portable and lightweight. Or at least portable enough where if I'm sitting alone at the library or lounging around in the coffeeshop, I can whip them out of storage relatively easily and listen. And where I can walk around with them while listening (it's unsafe, I know, but I like to do it.) And looking at a lot of the over the ear headphones, they seem rather, unwieldy.
  • My main device for listening is either going to be a notebook computer, iPod, or a phone (HTC Droid Incredible, might turn into an iPhone down the road if I upgrade). I read that some headphones require amps to go with them, and although I'd prefer not to carry around an amp with me (no matter how small), I'd be fine with one if I have to, as long as I can fit it in my budget.
  • It has to be over-the-ear. On-ears or In-ears are a no go because, well, my ears react really bad to them (like, infections).
  • I listen to a wide range of music, from Classical to Electronic, so i guess a versatile sound?
  • And my budget in total, is around $150 max, give or take $20
  • I have a relatively small head. Like, I can take any headphone out of the box or try on any at a Bestbuy or something, and I never have to adjust the band bigger than like, one click, from the starting position, so comfort in terms of size really isn't a problem (because I see a lot of people complain about headphones being too small or too tight).


Sorry if my post seems repetitive or my question has already been asked. Just I've lurked this thread before, and you guys seem like knowledgable people, so I came here to ask my question. ^-^

So what would be a good headphone for me?

Oh, and thank you, oh headphone enthusiasts of TL, for steering me away from buying a "gaming headset." I read through the thread and was persuaded not to get a siberia V2.


For $150, go for Shure Se315 , the best mid tones IMO around the price range (for over ears). I know, I know, they are in ear but honestly foam tips are wayyy more comfortable than you think. I used to steer away from IEMs because of crappy plastic tips but foam makes a really big difference. Shure SE215 are $100 but they deliver more bass but don't have the classic shure mid tones. Westone ones are the most comfortable I have ever worn($120) but their sound is more focused on highs and mids.

Or just get audio technica ath m50. you can't get wrong with those


Heard all of the Shure SE line up - I must say that the 215 is the best for sound/value. It even sports the same cable removable mmcx connectors. I don't think the SE315 are worth the $50 imho.


Audio technicas really that good huh?
I.guess ill consider the in ears but I'd rather steer clear of those cuz I get these really annoying cysts in ear.
Thanks for the information though!

Not really, but among fullsize headphones that are reasonable for portable use, there's not too much else in the price range to consider other than Audio-Technica ATH-M50 or Shure SRH840, maybe Ultrasone HFI-580. I think these are all varying degrees of shallower compared to the larger fullsize circumaurals, so not as good if your ears are larger and stick out more. It may be plenty fine for you unless you have large ears to go with the small head.



On June 09 2012 22:38 Nefariously wrote:
Might be a little off topic, but is this a good soundcard? http://www.amazon.com/Creative-SB0880-Express-Blaster-Titanium/dp/B001E25KDK

Also, will I need an amplifier along with these for my 598's?

First of all, it's an older and discontinued model, not like there's anything particularly wrong with that. Secondly, you need to describe what kind of features you're looking for and how you intend to use it, so anybody can judge whether it's good or not for your purposes. I'll try regardless.

If you're using it for headphones and not hooking up a surround sound setup, it's probably a waste. You can do surround sound cheaper, and it doesn't even really have a proper headphone amplifier. If you want Creative's usual X-Fi DSP options like CMSS-3D, Crystallizer (lol?), and so on, there are cheaper devices with that support. If you need a particular set of Dolby encoding/processing features along with the X-Fi feature set, then maybe.
kineSiS-
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Korea (South)1068 Posts
June 09 2012 20:36 GMT
#3497
On June 10 2012 01:49 Myrmidon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2012 00:48 nohbrows wrote:
On June 10 2012 00:01 ThePurist wrote:
On June 09 2012 23:48 LanTAs wrote:
On June 09 2012 15:59 nohbrows wrote:
So I am currently looking around for a headphone and after some research and sniffing around on various websites, my head was swimming from information that I rarely understood and was often quite daunting and scary. so I was wondering if the good people of TL could help.

I read through the thread, and I saw that Audio-Technica seems to be recommended quite a bit, but was wondering if my needs and wants justified buying an Audio technica head set. And

Anyways, this is my personal preferences:
  • I'm not an audiophile of any sort, but I do like to have quality of sound.
  • I need something portable and lightweight. Or at least portable enough where if I'm sitting alone at the library or lounging around in the coffeeshop, I can whip them out of storage relatively easily and listen. And where I can walk around with them while listening (it's unsafe, I know, but I like to do it.) And looking at a lot of the over the ear headphones, they seem rather, unwieldy.
  • My main device for listening is either going to be a notebook computer, iPod, or a phone (HTC Droid Incredible, might turn into an iPhone down the road if I upgrade). I read that some headphones require amps to go with them, and although I'd prefer not to carry around an amp with me (no matter how small), I'd be fine with one if I have to, as long as I can fit it in my budget.
  • It has to be over-the-ear. On-ears or In-ears are a no go because, well, my ears react really bad to them (like, infections).
  • I listen to a wide range of music, from Classical to Electronic, so i guess a versatile sound?
  • And my budget in total, is around $150 max, give or take $20
  • I have a relatively small head. Like, I can take any headphone out of the box or try on any at a Bestbuy or something, and I never have to adjust the band bigger than like, one click, from the starting position, so comfort in terms of size really isn't a problem (because I see a lot of people complain about headphones being too small or too tight).


Sorry if my post seems repetitive or my question has already been asked. Just I've lurked this thread before, and you guys seem like knowledgable people, so I came here to ask my question. ^-^

So what would be a good headphone for me?

Oh, and thank you, oh headphone enthusiasts of TL, for steering me away from buying a "gaming headset." I read through the thread and was persuaded not to get a siberia V2.


For $150, go for Shure Se315 , the best mid tones IMO around the price range (for over ears). I know, I know, they are in ear but honestly foam tips are wayyy more comfortable than you think. I used to steer away from IEMs because of crappy plastic tips but foam makes a really big difference. Shure SE215 are $100 but they deliver more bass but don't have the classic shure mid tones. Westone ones are the most comfortable I have ever worn($120) but their sound is more focused on highs and mids.

Or just get audio technica ath m50. you can't get wrong with those





Heard all of the Shure SE line up - I must say that the 215 is the best for sound/value. It even sports the same cable removable mmcx connectors. I don't think the SE315 are worth the $50 imho.


Audio technicas really that good huh?
I.guess ill consider the in ears but I'd rather steer clear of those cuz I get these really annoying cysts in ear.
Thanks for the information though!

Not really, but among fullsize headphones that are reasonable for portable use, there's not too much else in the price range to consider other than Audio-Technica ATH-M50 or Shure SRH840, maybe Ultrasone HFI-580. I think these are all varying degrees of shallower compared to the larger fullsize circumaurals, so not as good if your ears are larger and stick out more. It may be plenty fine for you unless you have large ears to go with the small head.



Show nested quote +
On June 09 2012 22:38 Nefariously wrote:
Might be a little off topic, but is this a good soundcard? http://www.amazon.com/Creative-SB0880-Express-Blaster-Titanium/dp/B001E25KDK

Also, will I need an amplifier along with these for my 598's?

First of all, it's an older and discontinued model, not like there's anything particularly wrong with that. Secondly, you need to describe what kind of features you're looking for and how you intend to use it, so anybody can judge whether it's good or not for your purposes. I'll try regardless.

If you're using it for headphones and not hooking up a surround sound setup, it's probably a waste. You can do surround sound cheaper, and it doesn't even really have a proper headphone amplifier. If you want Creative's usual X-Fi DSP options like CMSS-3D, Crystallizer (lol?), and so on, there are cheaper devices with that support. If you need a particular set of Dolby encoding/processing features along with the X-Fi feature set, then maybe.


You don't need an amplifier for the HD598.
Thylacine
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden882 Posts
June 12 2012 10:00 GMT
#3498
On June 09 2012 19:35 Thylacine wrote:
I was lucky enough to lay my hands on these babies. Perfect mic and sick bass + crisp HD sound.
It's called Deltaco HL-33 in case anyone wanna buy a similar one.
Note: This is the most price worthy gaming headset on the market, mine costed 5 € in store.
[image loading]


No on cares about my headset? :s
What you're looking at could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn't. It's the beginning. Introducing Mr. John Valentine, air traveler. His destination: the Twilight Zone...
antilyon
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Brazil2546 Posts
June 12 2012 11:50 GMT
#3499
On June 12 2012 19:00 Thylacine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2012 19:35 Thylacine wrote:
I was lucky enough to lay my hands on these babies. Perfect mic and sick bass + crisp HD sound.
It's called Deltaco HL-33 in case anyone wanna buy a similar one.
Note: This is the most price worthy gaming headset on the market, mine costed 5 € in store.
[image loading]


No on cares about my headset? :s

If you like it, great, but I don't see how this is a enthusiast headphone...
Imbattable
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany85 Posts
June 12 2012 13:56 GMT
#3500
On June 12 2012 20:50 antilyon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2012 19:00 Thylacine wrote:
On June 09 2012 19:35 Thylacine wrote:
I was lucky enough to lay my hands on these babies. Perfect mic and sick bass + crisp HD sound.
It's called Deltaco HL-33 in case anyone wanna buy a similar one.
Note: This is the most price worthy gaming headset on the market, mine costed 5 € in store.
[image loading]


No on cares about my headset? :s

If you like it, great, but I don't see how this is a enthusiast headphone...

Maybe because he is enthusiastic about them?
Prev 1 173 174 175 176 177 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 654
TaKeTV 185
SteadfastSC173
ComeBackTV 153
LamboSC288
Rex52
EnkiAlexander 7
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy11
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech178
SteadfastSC 173
LamboSC2 88
Rex 52
BRAT_OK 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36602
Shuttle 3126
Horang2 935
Bisu 931
Jaedong 726
Mini 609
EffOrt 556
Light 460
BeSt 348
Soma 344
[ Show more ]
firebathero 340
Hyuk 320
Stork 307
Snow 169
Zeus 161
Rush 155
Last 150
ggaemo 147
ZerO 142
Pusan 91
Leta 83
hero 69
Killer 56
sorry 56
Mong 45
Sharp 44
Mind 42
Bale 28
Aegong 27
Shinee 27
Shine 25
ToSsGirL 24
soO 23
Trap 23
Sexy 22
Terrorterran 20
NotJumperer 16
Yoon 16
Free 14
PianO 13
HiyA 10
JulyZerg 9
Noble 7
Sacsri 7
zelot 7
Icarus 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5799
qojqva1681
Dendi862
420jenkins63
Fuzer 55
League of Legends
Reynor108
Counter-Strike
x6flipin424
markeloff162
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2222
crisheroes975
XaKoH 150
Other Games
gofns38745
singsing2193
olofmeister1477
B2W.Neo954
Mlord243
DeMusliM185
Livibee178
Liquid`VortiX122
Hui .117
Mew2King101
ArmadaUGS92
QueenE88
Chillindude18
Railgan12
ZerO(Twitch)12
fpsfer 0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream130
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 64
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1809
League of Legends
• Jankos2232
• TFBlade773
• Nemesis762
Other Games
• WagamamaTV183
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 47m
Stellar Fest
23h 47m
OSC
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 20h
Online Event
1d 21h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.