• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:01
CEST 16:01
KST 23:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)45Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7806 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 173

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 171 172 173 174 175 244 Next
Twish
Profile Joined November 2010
Norway92 Posts
June 05 2012 15:33 GMT
#3441
Hey, I'm thinking of buying me a new headset!

I had a G35, but unfortnately it broke, so now I'm here!

I was looking at the Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless headphones. Are they any good? Are wireless good enough? I don't want the headphones to affect my "performance". Any other suggestions? I'd prefer if it had a mic built in.

TL;DR Are wireless headphoes worth getting?
Master Zerg | Season 1: 3200 | Season 2:1700 |
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
June 05 2012 16:57 GMT
#3442
Hrmmm. So amps arrived.

Not sure how I feel about it. Definitely some difference from whatever was onboard on my PC, which I always thought was quite good. I kind of hoped that it would be what was on my PC + actually capable of being loud, but def some distortions that affect how it sounds.

I'd probably buy a cheaper amp at some point as a comparison thing.
BleaK_
Profile Joined November 2010
Norway593 Posts
June 05 2012 17:09 GMT
#3443
On June 06 2012 01:57 Milkis wrote:
Hrmmm. So amps arrived.

Not sure how I feel about it. Definitely some difference from whatever was onboard on my PC, which I always thought was quite good. I kind of hoped that it would be what was on my PC + actually capable of being loud, but def some distortions that affect how it sounds.

I'd probably buy a cheaper amp at some point as a comparison thing.


Hey, I have the HE500 as well, but I use it with Audio GD NFB-10SE (SolidState Dac/Amp). I am using the balanced output (4-pin XLR), which give almost 6W into 50omhs, which is driving the HE500 really well. The Dac is fabulous, but the amp is soso. The best part is that it only cost around 500usd.
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
June 05 2012 18:41 GMT
#3444
On June 06 2012 02:09 BleaK_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2012 01:57 Milkis wrote:
Hrmmm. So amps arrived.

Not sure how I feel about it. Definitely some difference from whatever was onboard on my PC, which I always thought was quite good. I kind of hoped that it would be what was on my PC + actually capable of being loud, but def some distortions that affect how it sounds.

I'd probably buy a cheaper amp at some point as a comparison thing.


Hey, I have the HE500 as well, but I use it with Audio GD NFB-10SE (SolidState Dac/Amp). I am using the balanced output (4-pin XLR), which give almost 6W into 50omhs, which is driving the HE500 really well. The Dac is fabulous, but the amp is soso. The best part is that it only cost around 500usd.


Hrmmm. Not sure if I can afford another 400+ Dollar amp, haha

So I think I was using it wrong? I was using it at 100% volume and then adjusting the rest with the amp on my previous post. After lowering the volume on the computer and then adjusting the rest using the amp my enjoyment improved significantly.
Waterflow
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1550 Posts
June 05 2012 18:44 GMT
#3445
Anyone got tips on a good pair of in-ear's for Starcraft 2 and other games?

Ofcourse it's gotta be quality but not too expensive.
kineSiS-
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Korea (South)1068 Posts
June 05 2012 18:59 GMT
#3446
On June 06 2012 01:57 Milkis wrote:
Hrmmm. So amps arrived.

Not sure how I feel about it. Definitely some difference from whatever was onboard on my PC, which I always thought was quite good. I kind of hoped that it would be what was on my PC + actually capable of being loud, but def some distortions that affect how it sounds.

I'd probably buy a cheaper amp at some point as a comparison thing.


You never appreciate good sound until after you go back to what you previously had. Also, the best amps are transparent. If you listen for it, you'll notice the Nuforce Icon HDP should give the sound a bit of a more aggressive edge. Or at least I've heard.
toiletCAT
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Qatar284 Posts
June 05 2012 19:07 GMT
#3447
Hey guys, I currently have Razer's Megalodon, and I'm interested in something newer -- got any really cool recommendations?
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
June 05 2012 19:18 GMT
#3448
On June 06 2012 03:41 Milkis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2012 02:09 BleaK_ wrote:
On June 06 2012 01:57 Milkis wrote:
Hrmmm. So amps arrived.

Not sure how I feel about it. Definitely some difference from whatever was onboard on my PC, which I always thought was quite good. I kind of hoped that it would be what was on my PC + actually capable of being loud, but def some distortions that affect how it sounds.

I'd probably buy a cheaper amp at some point as a comparison thing.


Hey, I have the HE500 as well, but I use it with Audio GD NFB-10SE (SolidState Dac/Amp). I am using the balanced output (4-pin XLR), which give almost 6W into 50omhs, which is driving the HE500 really well. The Dac is fabulous, but the amp is soso. The best part is that it only cost around 500usd.


Hrmmm. Not sure if I can afford another 400+ Dollar amp, haha

So I think I was using it wrong? I was using it at 100% volume and then adjusting the rest with the amp on my previous post. After lowering the volume on the computer and then adjusting the rest using the amp my enjoyment improved significantly.

This seems suspicious, but it could possibly be true. The uDAC-2 has a problem with being set at max volume if the music got near 0 dBFS (max digital volume), because NuForce never bothered checking whether or not it had issues there.

For a sanity check, you could set 100% volume, adjust the volume on the amp down, and plug the output into the line in of the onboard sound, and run RMAA. Then run it again at like 50% volume.
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
June 05 2012 19:40 GMT
#3449
On June 06 2012 03:59 kineSiS- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2012 01:57 Milkis wrote:
Hrmmm. So amps arrived.

Not sure how I feel about it. Definitely some difference from whatever was onboard on my PC, which I always thought was quite good. I kind of hoped that it would be what was on my PC + actually capable of being loud, but def some distortions that affect how it sounds.

I'd probably buy a cheaper amp at some point as a comparison thing.


You never appreciate good sound until after you go back to what you previously had. Also, the best amps are transparent. If you listen for it, you'll notice the Nuforce Icon HDP should give the sound a bit of a more aggressive edge. Or at least I've heard.


Yeah.... the better amps/dacs seem to go for quite a bit over my price range for now.... haha

On June 06 2012 04:18 Myrmidon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2012 03:41 Milkis wrote:
On June 06 2012 02:09 BleaK_ wrote:
On June 06 2012 01:57 Milkis wrote:
Hrmmm. So amps arrived.

Not sure how I feel about it. Definitely some difference from whatever was onboard on my PC, which I always thought was quite good. I kind of hoped that it would be what was on my PC + actually capable of being loud, but def some distortions that affect how it sounds.

I'd probably buy a cheaper amp at some point as a comparison thing.


Hey, I have the HE500 as well, but I use it with Audio GD NFB-10SE (SolidState Dac/Amp). I am using the balanced output (4-pin XLR), which give almost 6W into 50omhs, which is driving the HE500 really well. The Dac is fabulous, but the amp is soso. The best part is that it only cost around 500usd.


Hrmmm. Not sure if I can afford another 400+ Dollar amp, haha

So I think I was using it wrong? I was using it at 100% volume and then adjusting the rest with the amp on my previous post. After lowering the volume on the computer and then adjusting the rest using the amp my enjoyment improved significantly.

This seems suspicious, but it could possibly be true. The uDAC-2 has a problem with being set at max volume if the music got near 0 dBFS (max digital volume), because NuForce never bothered checking whether or not it had issues there.

For a sanity check, you could set 100% volume, adjust the volume on the amp down, and plug the output into the line in of the onboard sound, and run RMAA. Then run it again at like 50% volume.


I'll try that when I get some wires that can do that. It's also pretty damn possible I just got used to the sound all of a sudden, . I'll probably have some friends over and experiment on them while I do that...

JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-05 20:00:32
June 05 2012 20:00 GMT
#3450
On June 06 2012 03:44 Waterflow wrote:
Anyone got tips on a good pair of in-ear's for Starcraft 2 and other games?

Ofcourse it's gotta be quality but not too expensive.

Price range?
Any particular sound signiture?

I'd recommend Vsonic Gr07 :>
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
mazerr
Profile Joined February 2012
11 Posts
June 05 2012 22:02 GMT
#3451
hey guys, I've been trolling around head-fi and some other websites trying to find a good entry-level pair of audiophile headphones for around $150. I previously had Bose QC2's years ago, and I loved them, but I've heard they're a few hundred dollars overpriced, kinda the Apple of the headphone world.

Are Audio-Technica ATH-M50's a good choice?
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-05 22:26:37
June 05 2012 22:26 GMT
#3452
On June 06 2012 07:02 mazerr wrote:
hey guys, I've been trolling around head-fi and some other websites trying to find a good entry-level pair of audiophile headphones for around $150. I previously had Bose QC2's years ago, and I loved them, but I've heard they're a few hundred dollars overpriced, kinda the Apple of the headphone world.

Are Audio-Technica ATH-M50's a good choice?


Yeah, they are. But that'd also depend on what kind of music you listen to on top. Some of my friends got really annoyed by the recessed mids, but I never noticed them until very recently (when i got another pair of headphones to compare with). You might go along the liens of M50s or Grados/Alessandros or something like that depending on music preferences
mazerr
Profile Joined February 2012
11 Posts
June 05 2012 22:36 GMT
#3453
I see, and thanks for the response!

My music preferences range from trance and dub-step to classical and solo violin, pretty much anything barring country and death-metal. So I'd guess I'm looking for ones with kinda an all-around even sound? Would these be a good choice for that? The idea of somewhat recessed mids doesn't bother me entirely since I figure there will be some sacrifices at this price point, and bass and treble are more important to me if I had to choose, unless they are extremely recessed. I'd like to go somewhere I could compare different headphones, but alas I'm about 3 hrs away from the closest place and it just isn't realistic for me.

Thanks again for the help!
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
June 05 2012 22:49 GMT
#3454
On June 06 2012 07:36 mazerr wrote:
I see, and thanks for the response!

My music preferences range from trance and dub-step to classical and solo violin, pretty much anything barring country and death-metal. So I'd guess I'm looking for ones with kinda an all-around even sound? Would these be a good choice for that? The idea of somewhat recessed mids doesn't bother me entirely since I figure there will be some sacrifices at this price point, and bass and treble are more important to me if I had to choose, unless they are extremely recessed. I'd like to go somewhere I could compare different headphones, but alas I'm about 3 hrs away from the closest place and it just isn't realistic for me.

Thanks again for the help!


The only thing lacking with m50s with classical music always was the soundstage. The separation is still good, but strings kind of feel flat a bit. I liked acoustic stuff on them.

they're godly for electronic music.
ThePurist
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada686 Posts
June 06 2012 00:33 GMT
#3455
Had the M50-LE it was honestly one of my best purchases. Used it all the time on the go and for like $120~ it's pretty beastly.
Yo Milkis, how do you like your headphone+amp?
ThePurist
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada686 Posts
June 06 2012 00:41 GMT
#3456
Btw Milkis if you are comfortable with a soldering iron ($5~10) make your own :D
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
June 06 2012 01:30 GMT
#3457
On June 06 2012 09:33 ThePurist wrote:
Had the M50-LE it was honestly one of my best purchases. Used it all the time on the go and for like $120~ it's pretty beastly.
Yo Milkis, how do you like your headphone+amp?


I really like it right now, but I think I'm just high on it right now though so I need a few days before I make a proper judgment on it.

I got my m50s when it was like 99 dollars. amazing purchase. can't believe they're 150 now. definitely still worth it at that price.
Soloturtle
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada333 Posts
June 06 2012 01:31 GMT
#3458
On June 06 2012 00:33 Twish wrote:
Hey, I'm thinking of buying me a new headset!

I had a G35, but unfortnately it broke, so now I'm here!

I was looking at the Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless headphones. Are they any good? Are wireless good enough? I don't want the headphones to affect my "performance". Any other suggestions? I'd prefer if it had a mic built in.

TL;DR Are wireless headphoes worth getting?


I can't tell you that the wireless one is good but their other headsets (I own the 1500) and it is amazing.
The audio and the mic is really good and adjustable to your liking
I would assume that the 2000 are just like the 1500 but just wireless.
Cool
OneBaseKing
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Afghanistan412 Posts
June 06 2012 05:38 GMT
#3459
yo i don't understand why everyone's hating on bose, i got qc3 and it's good. i gotta question, can i buy a headphone amp for my qc3?
kineSiS-
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Korea (South)1068 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-06 07:52:00
June 06 2012 07:49 GMT
#3460
On June 06 2012 14:38 OneBaseKing wrote:
yo i don't understand why everyone's hating on bose, i got qc3 and it's good. i gotta question, can i buy a headphone amp for my qc3?


First off. Don't misunderstand the purpose of amplifiers. I'm sure that Myrmidon has more knowledge than me on this topic, and I wont presume to know more. He definitely has a wealth of knowledge accrued through research or some method of experience.

The Bose QC3 are overpriced. Their sound quality is bad for their price, which is why they are called overpriced. Bose is known for great active noise cancellation. The inverse sound waves (or whatever the technical term is) that cancels out the outside noise interferes with the music reproduction of the headphone, which is bad for fidelity.

In my opinion, the best amplifiers should be transparent, meaning it should have no significant impact on sound quality albeit providing the power necessary to fuel the headphones. The QC3 do not need an amplifier because a portable DAP or any source should be fine. And for the marginal difference it might make, it's not worth it.

@Milkis

This may be off topic, but when I saw this website. Northwesternrejects.com

Edit: What the heck? Apparently even uchicagorejects.com has been taken down. :[

Anyways go Wild Cats rofl.
Prev 1 171 172 173 174 175 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1265
ComeBackTV 466
SteadfastSC412
TaKeTV 363
LamboSC2284
Rex133
IndyStarCraft 116
EnkiAlexander 39
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy22
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 412
LamboSC2 284
ProTech149
Rex 133
IndyStarCraft 116
BRAT_OK 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35224
Shuttle 2700
Bisu 993
Jaedong 922
Horang2 778
EffOrt 727
Light 625
Mini 550
Soma 527
BeSt 321
[ Show more ]
firebathero 312
Hyuk 288
Stork 281
Rush 197
ZerO 193
ggaemo 182
Snow 181
Zeus 152
Leta 109
Pusan 82
Killer 74
hero 69
Sea.KH 61
sorry 60
Shine 43
Sharp 43
Mind 39
Mong 39
Shinee 34
soO 28
ToSsGirL 27
Bale 26
Aegong 25
Trap 22
Sexy 19
Yoon 18
NotJumperer 17
HiyA 17
Terrorterran 16
Free 16
Sacsri 10
JulyZerg 9
Icarus 9
zelot 6
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc9008
qojqva1141
Dendi895
Fuzer 163
420jenkins119
Counter-Strike
markeloff104
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1992
crisheroes1163
XaKoH 195
Other Games
gofns36400
singsing2147
olofmeister1235
B2W.Neo1032
Mlord286
Hui .182
Liquid`VortiX146
ArmadaUGS132
Mew2King103
QueenE96
ToD87
Chillindude17
Railgan15
ZerO(Twitch)13
fpsfer 1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream109
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1910
League of Legends
• Jankos2299
• Nemesis2181
• TFBlade863
Other Games
• WagamamaTV190
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 59m
Stellar Fest
22h 59m
OSC
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 19h
Online Event
1d 20h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.